criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

RED ALERT: General Grievous is currently a WASTED opportunity and that could be bad news for Ahsoka.

13Next

Replies

• lowell
    2405 posts Member
    edited January 21
    Is this game's saber gameplay better than Battlefront II?

Post edited by lowell on
  • LittleCiddles
    95 posts Member
    edited January 21
    Its a fighting game, lol...totally different game genre altogether. The best lightsaber combat in a game like Battlefront 2 was Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast or Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy. Customizable force power decks, three different saber stances, and you could backflip\wallrun\etc. You could also lock sabers.
  • David1543 wrote: »
    Even though I was opposed to a battlefront 3 to come at least for a while, I am now hoping to see the next title ASAP. This game is plagued by bad decisions and poor direction that there's no repairing It. I hope EA/Dice take all the feedback to heart on why CS is disappointing and give us real conquest having ground to space non linear battles in the next one. If there's no conquest, or if I even hear that it's a max 40 player game, no buy.

Unfortunately, it is unlikely.

On the example of Conquest:
    I mean, they knew what we wanted for Battlefront 2015. Did we get it? - No. They know we wanted it as a DLC mode. Did we get it? - No. Then there was Battlefront 2017 and they really knew what we wanted so bad for this game. Did we get it? - No. Then they knew we wanted it so bad as a DLC. Did we get it? - No. We got CS. And was CS what we wanted? No.

Have they learned and will give us what we want in Battlefront 3? - Unlikely
    Wanna read how Starfighters could be introduced to CS in a fair manner? Read-up on it here: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/153390/how-to-properly-introduce-starfighters-to-cs#latest

Want to support Starfighter content in general? Help us here: https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/evnc78/starfighters_reborn/
  • People really think blaster heroes like Jyn Krennic and the bounty hunters would make unique heroes LOL 🤨
  • ROMG4
    4738 posts Member
    People really think blaster heroes like Jyn Krennic and the bounty hunters would make unique heroes LOL 🤨

tenor.gif

Explain to me how introducing another saber hero that may have a slower or faster attack animation, with more pushes/pulls, and probably some other stun

Would be more unique then a Blaster Hero with brand new weapons, gadgets, and other stuff

Jyn's pistol is 3 guns in one for pete's sake
    OOM-9 FOR LEGO STAR WARS
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    Bring OOM-9, Hondo, Bo Katan, Mara Jade, Dengar, IG-88, Greedo, Zam Wessel General Veers, Tarkin and Rogue One, into the game we must. The way this is
    Tell Me. Have You Ever Heard Of The Tragedy Of Darth Coyler The Wise?
    A OOM-9 Thread!
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/152598/the-oom-9-vs-jar-jar-season

Episode 9's Ending
    https://us.v-cdn.net/6025735/uploads/editor/15/zs312vl0xftg.jpeg
  • I’d say be grateful we got Grievous. I remember back in the old days when we could only dream of Grievous being in modern Battlefront, but didnt expect him due to the complexity of his animations. This game isnt supposed to have the fluidity of something like Fallen Order, this is a shooter game, so two lightsabers wont equal some kind of “diverse combat system” in the first place.

Other than perhaps tweaking his stamina/Lock on, I see no point in adding more animations
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
    David1543 wrote: »
    polarition wrote: »
    People really think blaster heroes like Jyn Krennic and the bounty hunters would make unique heroes LOL 🤨

Actually they would, look how crap grievous is. Do you think Ahsoka is more unique?

I just literally right now beat an entire team in HVV as Grievous. And they were good, too. We almost lost. I had to SWITCH to Grievous to try and stand a chance.

I'm not taking about how good he is, Jesus. This entire thread is about Grievous being generic and lacking any sort of uniqueness in the way he plays.

He litterally has 2 abilities where he brings out 2 extra arms. Who else has that? And another one he turns into a spider, who else is a spider David

All mediocre, unrelenting advance doesn't even work properly most of the time. His base attack animation in 2005 were better than his abilities.

Well how would 4 lightsabers be balanced david. UA has come a long way since launch of it not working, now it’s one of the most damaging abilities when used right. Grievous is amazing when he’s working correctly BECAUSE of his abilities

Actually they would, look how crap grievous is. Do you think Ahsoka is more unique?

I just literally right now beat an entire team in HVV as Grievous. And they were good, too. We almost lost. I had to SWITCH to Grievous to try and stand a chance.

I'm not taking about how good he is, Jesus. This entire thread is about Grievous being generic and lacking any sort of uniqueness in the way he plays.

He litterally has 2 abilities where he brings out 2 extra arms. Who else has that? And another one he turns into a spider, who else is a spider David

Yeah, I know. I'm saying he's not generic or lacking uniqueness. He's literally able to take on entire teams of Jedi. It's his character. He's a Jedi slayer, something other characters are not.

Ok so what does his base attack animations lacking any originality or effort have to do with him being powerful? It's just his damage output, lol. He can take enemy heroes from behind with 3 swings and unrelenting advance is quite useful in 2 v 1 situations, yet that doesn't change that his base attacks are terribly designed. Are his abilities unique? Sure. His base attacks are trash and needs a rework, despite how powerful he is. You're just being the contrarian for no reason.

I'm curious as to what kind of swing animation you were expecting for General Grievous? You've seen him fight in the movies. They're not going to change it to be more unique just because you feel like it's too dull to swing a lightsaber ordinarily. Did you want him to do a flip when he swings? What?

His swing shows strength. It shows a quick and powerful strike with no flair. It fits his character perfectly.
    Do you know the difference between an error and a mistake? Anyone can make an error. But that error doesn't become a mistake until you refuse to correct it.

72aob7b857pp.png

Yeah, I know. I'm saying he's not generic or lacking uniqueness. He's literally able to take on entire teams of Jedi. It's his character. He's a Jedi slayer, something other characters are not.

Ok so what does his base attack animations lacking any originality or effort have to do with him being powerful? It's just his damage output, lol. He can take enemy heroes from behind with 3 swings and unrelenting advance is quite useful in 2 v 1 situations, yet that doesn't change that his base attacks are terribly designed. Are his abilities unique? Sure. His base attacks are trash and needs a rework, despite how powerful he is. You're just being the contrarian for no reason.

I'm curious as to what kind of swing animation you were expecting for General Grievous? You've seen him fight in the movies. They're not going to change it to be more unique just because you feel like it's too dull to swing a lightsaber ordinarily. Did you want him to do a flip when he swings? What?

His swing shows strength. It shows a quick and powerful strike with no flair. It fits his character perfectly.

Actually yes, I want him to do more stuff, What's wrong with that? I want to strike enemies with all his 4 sabers, not just stab or spin them around, I want him to kick, do twirls and swirls. And out of all heroes he has the LEAST attack animations. Also screw the movies, this game is not even canon. If something contributes to the game then canon should be disregarded.

The story mode is canon.
    Do you know the difference between an error and a mistake? Anyone can make an error. But that error doesn't become a mistake until you refuse to correct it.

72aob7b857pp.png

Actually yes, I want him to do more stuff, What's wrong with that? I want to strike enemies with all his 4 sabers, not just stab or spin them around, I want him to kick, do twirls and swirls. And out of all heroes he has the LEAST attack animations. Also screw the movies, this game is not even canon. If something contributes to the game then canon should be disregarded.

The story mode is canon.

Most things aren't. In GA the clones fight the trade federation, not the separatist which always have blue painting in their vehicles. By the time of the clone wars the CIS were the bad guys. Rebels fighting the empire on death star while finn and Grievous battle each other, need I say more?

Of course multiplayer isn't canon -.- Darth Vader didn't exist during the First Order, etc. etc. Be realistic, man. This is a game. Stop nitpicking over something as little as Grievous not swinging the way you want him to. Like, seriously. That's like one of the most ridiculous complaints I've ever heard of. You have way too much time on your hands if you're actually focusing this much on the way he swings. He swings fine. He doesn't need some special flair to make him stand out even more than he already does.

Ridiculous.

72aob7b857pp.png

The story mode is canon.

Most things aren't. In GA the clones fight the trade federation, not the separatist which always have blue painting in their vehicles. By the time of the clone wars the CIS were the bad guys. Rebels fighting the empire on death star while finn and Grievous battle each other, need I say more?

Of course multiplayer isn't canon -.- Darth Vader didn't exist during the First Order, etc. etc. Be realistic, man. This is a game. Stop nitpicking over something as little as Grievous not swinging the way you want him to. Like, seriously. That's like one of the most ridiculous complaints I've ever heard of. You have way too much time on your hands if you're actually focusing this much on the way he swings. He swings fine. He doesn't need some special flair to make him stand out even more than he already does.

Ridiculous.

Just because you don't agree or personally don't care doesn't make this post ridiculous. And clearly it's not just me since many others agree. You're just being toxic. This actually contributes to the game and is far more important than the daily irrelevant nerf/buff threads that you see.

Lol, so lemme get this straight:

You can have the opinion that Grievous's base attack is too basic but I can't have the opinion that this nitpicking is ridiculous? Get real, man. That's not being toxic. That's me telling it how it is. And if you think people here can't have an opposing view, then the real toxicity here is you.

This doesn't REALLY contribute to the game. It doesn't change anything about it other than adding like... 1 extra swing to Grievous. No one really pays attention to that.

72aob7b857pp.png

The story mode is canon.

Ridiculous.

Just because you don't agree or personally don't care doesn't make this post ridiculous. And clearly it's not just me since many others agree. You're just being toxic. This actually contributes to the game and is far more important than the daily irrelevant nerf/buff threads that you see.

Lol, so lemme get this straight:

You can have the opinion that Grievous's base attack is too basic but I can't have the opinion that this nitpicking is ridiculous? Get real, man. That's not being toxic. That's me telling it how it is. And if you think people here can't have an opposing view, then the real toxicity here is you.

This doesn't REALLY contribute to the game. It doesn't change anything about it other than adding like... 1 extra swing to Grievous. No one really pays attention to that.

Ok then lets be real. All I see is more and more bias from you. "No one pays attention to that" speak for yourself. I refuse to play him often, even though he is one of my favorite characters, because his main attacks are boring. And secondly, if you think this post is ridiculous that's fine, but that's an opinion, not a fact. You're free to leave and bother another thread.

These are ALL opinions. ALL of these opinions are bias, that's why they're OPINIONS.

72aob7b857pp.png
  • Don't see what people are against really. Wouldn't hurt to switch up his basic attack animations to 4 arms and add more other than just 2. Maybe each arm can do damage but not as much as right now, I'd be pretty satisfied honestly.
    ur9uulae4dqx.gif
  • ROMG4
    4738 posts Member
    Feelee16 wrote: »
    Don't see what people are against really. Wouldn't hurt to switch up his basic attack animations to 4 arms and add more other than just 2. Maybe each arm can do damage but not as much as right now, I'd be pretty satisfied honestly.

Grievous already has a tremendous amount of bugs the way he is right now. As much as I would like to see his animations get updated

I'm pretty sure DICE and the Frostbite engine would implode. The FB engine and this game's coding is just too buggy for Grievous
    OOM-9 FOR LEGO STAR WARS
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    Bring OOM-9, Hondo, Bo Katan, Mara Jade, Dengar, IG-88, Greedo, Zam Wessel General Veers, Tarkin and Rogue One, into the game we must. The way this is
    Tell Me. Have You Ever Heard Of The Tragedy Of Darth Coyler The Wise?
    A OOM-9 Thread!
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/152598/the-oom-9-vs-jar-jar-season

Episode 9's Ending
    https://us.v-cdn.net/6025735/uploads/editor/15/zs312vl0xftg.jpeg
  • ROMG4 wrote: »
    Feelee16 wrote: »
    Don't see what people are against really. Wouldn't hurt to switch up his basic attack animations to 4 arms and add more other than just 2. Maybe each arm can do damage but not as much as right now, I'd be pretty satisfied honestly.

Grievous already has a tremendous amount of bugs the way he is right now. As much as I would like to see his animations get updated

I'm pretty sure DICE and the Frostbite engine would implode. The FB engine and this game's coding is just too buggy for Grievous

Yeah true. when you say it that way I'm just thinking with all the bugs we have now still why not just give it try anyway. Maybe it's possible, but I honestly doubt they'll try
    ur9uulae4dqx.gif
  • lowell
    2405 posts Member
    I'm wondering if DICE was initially thinking of changing Grievous from having 2 arms to 4 arms for basic attack but after the whole OP-ness that Anakin and Boba provided for the game, they just realized there's no need to turn the General into another controversy that will have complaints all over.

It's okay getting kills with 2 arms, but 4 arms seems overkill in a way for this game despite how effective it was in ROTS, TCW, or even Disney Infinity 3.0.
  • lowell wrote: »
    I'm wondering if DICE was initially thinking of changing Grievous from having 2 arms to 4 arms for basic attack but after the whole OP-ness that Anakin and Boba provided for the game, they just realized there's no need to turn the General into another controversy that will have complaints all over.

It's okay getting kills with 2 arms, but 4 arms seems overkill in a way for this game despite how effective it was in ROTS, TCW, or even Disney Infinity 3.0.

... Boba OP ?
    Wanna read how Starfighters could be introduced to CS in a fair manner? Read-up on it here: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/153390/how-to-properly-introduce-starfighters-to-cs#latest

Want to support Starfighter content in general? Help us here: https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/evnc78/starfighters_reborn/
  • lowell
    2405 posts Member
    lowell wrote: »

... Boba OP ?

Jetpack, mostly. That's why there's been calls for a light-side jetpack hero before we even get Jango.
  • Alright, this has gone far away from the initial discussion. I've cleaned up the thread and I'm gonna lock it.
This discussion has been closed.