criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Community Q/A session and Survey Results, Thank you for communicating!!!

Prev1345
BlueSpy3DO
1013 posts Member
edited January 28
Serious you have all the information you need between posts here and the survey you give us regularly. Why is it too much to ask for a few points after each survey outlining concerns or highly popular requests? If you won’t go for a full on Q/A using questions from all forms of media not just here, than this is the least you can do.
Post edited by BlueSpy3DO on

Replies

• F8RGE wrote: »
    What results do you want to see from the survey(s)?

We had a pretty good 2019 and trend lines show we were making some good progress throughout the year, topping out in December.

As of Dec 2019
    • Community Happiness is the highest it's been
    • Communication is the highest rating it's ever been (high 80s)
    • Transmissions are at the highest rating they've ever been (borderline 90s)
    • Toxicity and disruptive behaviour in game has dropped since July 2019
    • Toxicity and disruptive behaviour outside of the game has dropped since July 2019
    • Sith Trooper was top rated new Reinforcement that we added in December
    • Online sentiment around the game is currently the highest it has ever been

That doesn’t surprise me one bit considering the turn around y’all have made so congratulations!🎉

I appreciate the acknowledgment here so thank you, as for the survey’s results I’d love to know what has consistently been asked for the most in requests. Obviously as you yourself have said before this is not a democracy and we honestly have no real leverage, but all the same I’d enjoy going over what is consistently talked about my the majority in these surveys and compare it to what is mentioned on the forums.
  • I’ll also point out that even if y’all just did what you just posted and nothing else, just those few bullet points after each survey, it would be a world of difference communication wise.
    I can imagine having people whine 24/7 with everything you release or talk about is taxing but even just this little post goes a long way.
    Assault based planets was the biggest request, next to heroes and reinforcements. Quality of life changes was next and then came appearances. New content for SFA and Extraction have always been consistently near the bottom of such results.

Prequel era comes back as the most popular era, followed by Original Trilogy and then the New Trilogy.

In terms of HvV maps, Naboo, Death Star II, Bespin, Felucia and Kamino were the top 5. Naboo was actually the clear winner and the rest are all very closely together.

Co-Op exceeded our expectations and is always rated highly whenever we speak about it. The same goes for the AutoPlayer system.

Since we added Co-Op, one of the biggest requests we see is for other eras to come to it. This is part of the reason why we brought the New Trilogy to the mode and same goes for CS.

All of the new Reinforcements we've added have been received very well by the community. They continue to be rated very highly.

Thank you once again, I really am thankful you responded no matter what else gets said when people catch on what’s been talked about here.

So I won’t get banned if I make another four posts asking about this after the next survey will I!? 😁
    Assault based planets was the biggest request, next to heroes and reinforcements. Quality of life changes was next and then came appearances. New content for SFA and Extraction have always been consistently near the bottom of such results.

Prequel era comes back as the most popular era, followed by Original Trilogy and then the New Trilogy.

In terms of HvV maps, Naboo, Death Star II, Bespin, Felucia and Kamino were the top 5. Naboo was actually the clear winner and the rest are all very closely together.

Co-Op exceeded our expectations and is always rated highly whenever we speak about it. The same goes for the AutoPlayer system.

Since we added Co-Op, one of the biggest requests we see is for other eras to come to it. This is part of the reason why we brought the New Trilogy to the mode and same goes for CS.

All of the new Reinforcements we've added have been received very well by the community. They continue to be rated very highly.

Can you give us the results on what Heros were asked for by people in the survey?
    F8RGE wrote: »

Can you give us the results on what Heros were asked for by people in the survey?

Due to the nature of developing heroes, reinforcements, or planets we've never said "what do you want". They are far too many variables going on that no two items are the same and things aren't always a straight line between A to B. Do we have time to build x before they release, can we get suitable voice acting, do they fit the era we are in, do they have abilities that would work, and so on.

We do sometimes see heroes mentioned in the comment fields, and they follow similar patterns as you'll see discussed here or elsewhere.

You can be sure though that our shortlist of content always has stuff that we know you are asking for, mostly because we want it as well.

Sometimes it becomes "this or that". If we had done another planet instead of Felucia, people would have still asked for Felucia. If we had asked what Reinforcements people wanted, we might not have had the BX Commando. Mostly because despite him being a great addition to the game, they were never the top most requested item.

Game Development is a series of decisions.

Is their any way to give us a vague version of the short list you’ve mentioned here and before as a “list” of heroes and based on this I’m guessing content in general? It sounds like the closest thing we can get to a road map, but I understand if you don’t want to add to the burden of expectation that would definitely come with such a release.
  • @F8RGE has there been thoughts of giving blaster heroes like Han, Lando, and Leia individual animation?
    ur9uulae4dqx.gif
  • CT_93921 wrote: »

A series of bad decisions, in your case.

This is why they never want to talk to us, nothing is ever enough. Sure enough their are decisions I would of made differently and content I’d love to have added but constantly insulting them won’t get us anywhere. It’s easy to supervise and critique without having to shoulder the burden of an entire fan base’s expectations after having pulled off the biggest turn around in gaming history.

I don't think it's that serious imo. I doubt he's that stressed about it.
    ur9uulae4dqx.gif
  • Feelee16 wrote: »
    CT_93921 wrote: »

This is why they never want to talk to us, nothing is ever enough. Sure enough their are decisions I would of made differently and content I’d love to have added but constantly insulting them won’t get us anywhere. It’s easy to supervise and critique without having to shoulder the burden of an entire fan base’s expectations after having pulled off the biggest turn around in gaming history.

Maybe not but it took four days worth of posting and now that I’ve gotten some back and forth I’m afraid he’ll get scared off 😂 I just enjoy finally having a conversation about all of this even if the answers aren’t the ones I wanted
    What results do you want to see from the survey(s)?

We had a pretty good 2019 and trend lines show we were making some good progress throughout the year, topping out in December.

As of Dec 2019
    • Community Happiness is the highest it's been
    • Communication is the highest rating it's ever been (high 80s)
    • Transmissions are at the highest rating they've ever been (borderline 90s)
    • Toxicity and disruptive behaviour in game has dropped since July 2019
    • Toxicity and disruptive behaviour outside of the game has dropped since July 2019
    • Sith Trooper was top rated new Reinforcement that we added in December
    • Online sentiment around the game is currently the highest it has ever been

Why does the lightside keep getting nerfed & you guys keep ignoring the balance in HvV.

I don't think I insulted anyone. And in any case if they have problems receiving criticism, they should quit this job.
    I paid my money for this game, and I criticize as much as I want: and I say that their choices s**k. And I say also that they don't care at all what customers ask for.
    Feelee16 wrote: »
    CT_93921 wrote: »

Maybe not but it took four days worth of posting and now that I’ve gotten some back and forth I’m afraid he’ll get scared off 😂 I just enjoy finally having a conversation about all of this even if the answers aren’t the ones I wanted

Yeah, and when he leaves he usually doesn't really come back sometimes until patch notes release. Sad really but it is what it is
    ur9uulae4dqx.gif
  • @F8RGE i forgot to ask did blasters place anywhere? I’m wondering if that’s appearing as apart of the metrics or if it’s just a minority like extraction and starfighter assault

Due to the nature of developing heroes, reinforcements, or planets we've never said "what do you want". They are far too many variables going on that no two items are the same and things aren't always a straight line between A to B. Do we have time to build x before they release, can we get suitable voice acting, do they fit the era we are in, do they have abilities that would work, and so on.

We do sometimes see heroes mentioned in the comment fields, and they follow similar patterns as you'll see discussed here or elsewhere.

You can be sure though that our shortlist of content always has stuff that we know you are asking for, mostly because we want it as well.

Sometimes it becomes "this or that". If we had done another planet instead of Felucia, people would have still asked for Felucia. If we had asked what Reinforcements people wanted, we might not have had the BX Commando. Mostly because despite him being a great addition to the game, they were never the top most requested item.

Thank you for the answer! Interesting that the BX Commando wasn't a top requested item yet still made a awesome addition.
  • maggiorestronzo
    150 posts Member
    edited January 24
    Man just lay off tbh. They've worked hard these past two years. Theres been good ideas and bad idea both implmented but be happy with what ya got.

I'm not happy at all with how things are going lately, sorry. GA, HvV, SFA, extraction,... every best mode is a flood of problems, missing content, bad balance...
    For example, I don't even remember last time I saw a HvV match ending 4v4. Do you?
    I paid to have fun and relax, not to get nervous. And they're ignoring these requests.
  • Man just lay off tbh. They've worked hard these past two years. Theres been good ideas and bad idea both implmented but be happy with what ya got.

I'm not happy at all of how things are going lately, sorry. GA, HvV, SFA, extraction,... every best mode is a flood of problems, missing content, bad balance...
    For example, I don't even remember last time I saw a HvV match ending 4v4. Do you?
    I paid to have fun and relax, not to get nervous. And they're ignoring these requests.

I have seen many. GA is fine, HvV needs work as it always does. CS is good, Co-op is good. Extraction is dead, SFA is dead.

Lololololololololololololololololololololol
  • I guess I missed the survey, but count me among those who would like to see more Extraction and SFA maps. I would also like to see some new starfighters added to SFA. One big problem with that mode is the lack of variety compared to most other modes. Adding B-wings and the Tie Defender as reinforcements might help. I am sure other ships might be able to be added as well that Lucasarts would be okay with. And a true battle of Endor map featuring an assault on the Executor might be a lot of fun, at least more than the current Endor map for SFA.

One thing you could do is look at porting over Sullust and Jabba's Palace garage from BF 2 for extraction. You already did port over the Administrator's Palace and Jabba's Palace Throne Room, so it would just be three more maps. Hard to find games for those maps these days on BF2015 and they are good looking maps. Could also port over the Death Star and Scariff maps as well for SFA and Scariff maps in general for GA. That would be a lot more content for not too much work compared to creating a totally brand new map.

And I also would like to see some more blasters added to the generic troops or at least customizable versions of the base weapons. Would be nice to have some variety there. Just my two cents from someone who rarely posts on forums.
  • *Dice hoping people will choose different LS heroes by nerfing Anakin.
    *Every match of GA after Anakin nerf
    ccrpcj7gdo2v.png
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    AltoJun wrote: »
    "New content for SFA and Extraction have always been consistently near the bottom of such results."
    Huge threads asking for this and that's your survey's outcome? Really?

I'm pretty sure he only says that in an attempt to get people to stop mentioning those requests

He also hasn't actually posted the results so we don't actually know what the survey results are

You can keep mentioning them, but the reality is that they aren't as requested as others. Sure there are discussions, but not in the same volume as other requests.

As always though, surveys are just temperature checks and we never make decisions base solely on them.

Buffs to rey, Obi-Wan, yoda & the rest of the lightside roster in the works or no?
    "New content for SFA and Extraction have always been consistently near the bottom of such results."

I'm pretty sure he only says that in an attempt to get people to stop mentioning those requests

He also hasn't actually posted the results so we don't actually know what the survey results are

You can keep mentioning them, but the reality is that they aren't as requested as others. Sure there are discussions, but not in the same volume as other requests.

As always though, surveys are just temperature checks and we never make decisions base solely on them.

Well we still don't know the survey results because they are never posted
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    First Max Prestige Iden Versio
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
    So these surveys are actually just feedback about what you guys, the devs, have provided and not really about what the community wants.
    From the sounds of it it sounds like the next installment of SWBF won’t even have starfighters at all. It will just be heroes and Ewoks.
    • Players have asked for new maps so we did Felucia and Ajan Kloss.
    • Players wanted more eras to Co Op and CS, so we did NT.
    • Wanted new Reinforcements, delivered quite a few. Including heavily requested Droideka and Clone Commando.
    • Wanted specific Clone Legions.
    • Reinforcement appearances were requested.
    • New hero appearances, we did more last month. We also did Farmboy Luke after the community desire for him.
    • Instant Action was requested.

Do not confuse what the community wants versus what you personally want. We can never make everyone happy, but at least it seems like the majority currently are. Which is indicated by our player numbers, online sentiment, survey results and more.

We want the Q system back 😡
    Confidence born of ignorance

What specific results? I have told you the outcome of quite a lot of them.

You have no stats of the survey and no stats of the playbase count.
  • F8rge will the lightside see some buffs for HvV? The survey stuff is trivial when it comes to actually playing will the lightside see buffs
  • CC_1010
    3538 posts Member

What specific results? I have told you the outcome of quite a lot of them.

You have no stats of the survey and no stats of the playbase count.

Playerbase numbers I cant give because we are a publicly traded company and stuff like that needs to go through proper channels (i.e. investors etc).

I'll see if I can drop some numbers from the survey next week. Realistically though, it just says everything I've already stated.
    What about the balance in hvv? DS has much stronger Characters:(