criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Community Q/A session and Survey Results, Thank you for communicating!!!

Replies

• Jett_Fett_91166
    4755 posts Member
    edited January 24
    F8RGE wrote: »
    So these surveys are actually just feedback about what you guys, the devs, have provided and not really about what the community wants.
    From the sounds of it it sounds like the next installment of SWBF won’t even have starfighters at all. It will just be heroes and Ewoks.
    • Players have asked for new maps so we did Felucia and Ajan Kloss.
    • Players wanted more eras to Co Op and CS, so we did NT.
    • Wanted new Reinforcements, delivered quite a few. Including heavily requested Droideka and Clone Commando.
    • Wanted specific Clone Legions.
    • Reinforcement appearances were requested.
    • New hero appearances, we did more last month. We also did Farmboy Luke after the community desire for him.
    • Instant Action was requested.

Do not confuse what the community wants versus what you personally want. We can never make everyone happy, but at least it seems like the majority currently are. Which is indicated by our player numbers, online sentiment, survey results and more.

Thanks for the response. I’m not confused and neither am I the only one requesting SA content so the I’m confused comment isn’t really warranted. I’ve requested items not related to SA as I enjoy other aspects of the game as well. I guess I’m one of the few looking forward to the addition of the BB droids.
    So the were never any plans to include Rise of Skywalker content to tie into the movie release? You just happened to have chosen that planet to add and reinforcements for that era?
    Why no starfighters in a Supremacy mode. As you know they’re the only item not available. Why?
    Can’t adjust HvV SA to follow the same format as HvV? Not new content but an adjustment.
    Can’t convert some GA maps to SA?
    No SA event for pilot and starfighter skins?

The game is now $7 USD so I could see why the numbers and popularity would increase. If I got something for the tenth of the full price of the item I’d be happy as well.
    Yes the team has done some great work and added some very good content but neglecting anything related to starfighters is disappointing and the lack of communication is discouraging.
    I believe you understand why this small but dedicated group is looking for a little more content to enjoy. I mean if the SA mode was bad then we probably wouldn’t want anything to do with it and the SA thread would be about 2 pages instead of 40 plus pages and counting. It just so happens that SA is one of the better balanced modes that is great fun so hence the desire for more of it.
    Again I appreciate the response and the work that has been done to keep the game fresh. I’d only ask that you and the team revisit starfighter related content and see if and what could be done for those of us who enjoy playing SA and flying starfighters in SWBF II.
    Punch it!?
  • EA_Tom
    621 posts EA Community Manager
    Still do not understand f8rge‘s logic regarding the survey. He literally says ‚starfighter assault was not as much requested in the surveys, so we do not implement it‘ - and then in the next sentence he says ‚surveys are just a temperature checks for us and we do not decide what content we create on them‘ ...

Checking temperature doesn't equal decision making, but it's a good indicator; e.g. mode X is really popular on forums, but elsewhere not as much.
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    polarition wrote: »
    I'm curious....... would any of you guys had believed him if he said anything other than what you guys wanted to hear?

no

Thought not.
    Do you know the difference between an error and a mistake? Anyone can make an error. But that error doesn't become a mistake until you refuse to correct it.

72aob7b857pp.png
  • EA_Tom wrote: »
    Still do not understand f8rge‘s logic regarding the survey. He literally says ‚starfighter assault was not as much requested in the surveys, so we do not implement it‘ - and then in the next sentence he says ‚surveys are just a temperature checks for us and we do not decide what content we create on them‘ ...

Checking temperature doesn't equal decision making, but it's a good indicator; e.g. mode X is really popular on forums, but elsewhere not as much.

Are you saying EH is more popular than SA? Get a revamped EH map but the team can’t adjust HvV SA to follow the same format as HvV?
    Maybe additional SA content would bring players back to the mode that hasn’t received anything since D’Qar.
  • EA_Tom wrote: »

Haven‘t questioned that, yet thanks for the response.

My point is more or less this: mode x content is not requested that much in surveys (maybe also explainable because it isn‘t asked for tbh) but bottom line, it isn‘t that much requested. Yet, outside of the forums, many threads on here and reddit as well if I am not that wrong about it are also requesting mode x updates with every new ct, content drop or whatever. So although it is not that much represented in the surveys, people still would like to see content added for mode x - with huge potential, that with the right content, mode x becomes popular again after letting it die in the first place and player numbers increasing.

I mean, you have shown that perfectly within the recent months, how you turned the tide by adding certain content elements. Just saying that and wondering how it is ignored / pushed off the table for so long... yes it is a lot of decision making, as with any business, and many of those decisions were good recently, but maybe it is time to rethink some that were made earlier
    Wanna read how Starfighters could be introduced to CS in a fair manner? Read-up on it here: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/153390/how-to-properly-introduce-starfighters-to-cs#latest

Want to support Starfighter content in general? Help us here: https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/evnc78/starfighters_reborn/
  • @F8RGE
    I don't want to discredit all you've said: many things I agree/like, and some others I disagree/dislike. But saying people wanted more Eras to Co-Op and CS as one of the most requested things doesn't really say much, and definitely doesn't need a survey to know: these were expected to come, and when you launched these modes PT only, of course many voiced their opinion. You made a game spamming the 3 eras, it's natural people expect every mode to encompass all 3 eras.
    I'll see if I can drop some numbers from the survey next week. Realistically though, it just says everything I've already stated.

And this is what I liked the most about what you said here. Thank you for trying! This really helps to heal the relationship between community and devs: transparency.
    -----
    Tired of BUGs?

Well, they'll still exist.
    But visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)
  • I’m so happy this conversation could finally happen, I hope more come with each new survey! It may not all be the greatest type of communication but I believe in this community
  • @F8RGE
    I don't want to discredit all you've said: many things I agree/like, and some others I disagree/dislike. But saying people wanted more Eras to Co-Op and CS as one of the most requested things doesn't really say much, and definitely doesn't need a survey to know: these were expected to come, and when you launched these modes PT only, of course many voiced their opinion. You made a game spamming the 3 eras, it's natural people expect every mode to encompass all 3 eras.
    I'll see if I can drop some numbers from the survey next week. Realistically though, it just says everything I've already stated.

And this is what I liked the most about what you said here. Thank you for trying! This really helps to heal the relationship between community and devs: transparency.

Couldn’t agree more!
  • Also f8rge maybe give @RogueZeroRendar a cookie or something, his ongoing engagement for finding bugs and providing an detailed outline of how they are triggered and reproduced is remarkable .. although it is sad he has to do it, but it is nevertheless remarkable
    Wanna read how Starfighters could be introduced to CS in a fair manner? Read-up on it here: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/153390/how-to-properly-introduce-starfighters-to-cs#latest

Want to support Starfighter content in general? Help us here: https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/evnc78/starfighters_reborn/
  • Lyc4n
    1887 posts Member
    edited January 24
    That was a lot of communication @F8RGE thsnk you. Hopefully how post results like these each time. Im glad to see the game is doing so well in all areas on a larger scale.

What did you mean by “assault based maps”?

Also when will the next roadmap arrive? Will it just be monthly like january now, or will you give the next “phase” as it were eg 3-4 months of content planned? Thank you keep up the work.

Also in terms of what most of the community wants for content. What sort of questions does this trigger for you developers considering you keep getting criticised for only doing clone wars yet it appears to be what the majority want more???
  • F8RGE wrote: »
    AltoJun wrote: »
    "New content for SFA and Extraction have always been consistently near the bottom of such results."
    Huge threads asking for this and that's your survey's outcome? Really?

Compared to other content, they are below in the requests.

How about simply unmerging extraction from strike so it can actually be played again since the current rotation is so strike heavy? When the merge happened, I completely stopped playing Battlefront altogether and moved on to other games. I only came back recently after watching Rise of Skywalker and got the itch to play. Thankfully, co-op has been fun and looking forward to getting that expanded, but really miss extraction. I have zero desire to play strike.
  • Genin
    632 posts Member
    ncflb3qfvv94.jpg

See you buddy... Maybe we'll meet again... Maybe in battlefront 3... But it was great as long as it lasted.
  • @EA_Tom was there thoughts of including individual animations for blaster heroes like Han, Lando, or Leia?
    ur9uulae4dqx.gif
  • killerzf7
    751 posts Member
    edited January 24
    @F8RGE

So if SFA is very low on the priority list, does that also mean something like Starfighter CO-OP is out of the question?

I also made a post over on Reddit the other day for a mode suggestion called “Planetary” Supremacy, and quite a lot of people said that they’d like to see something like that, but that they don’t believe that you care.

So does this mean that any starfighter content is out of the question?

https://us.v-cdn.net/6025735/uploads/editor/06/p7f0t8pq52y1.gif
  • I wonder... was Felucia (and soon Ajan Kloss) added to CS to boost that mode and left out of GA because that mode is "healthy enough"? If I were to guess, I think that's the case. CS goes on for too long for a lot of people, and that's why they don't play it (I feel that way as well) but you want to push that mode more so you add new maps to it and leave those same maps out of the real popular big map mode- GA.

SA, people have given up on it....? Of course, and it's towards the bottom of requests, because people know that their voice is going ignored as it has since late 2017. When nothing comes to a mode for about 2 years, people know that mode is 'dead', at least in the eyes of the ones who develop and control this game. It's starting to seem like GA is joining it. When you put all your eggs in one basket, you know what can happen when that basket drops.
  • Lyc4n
    1887 posts Member
    I wonder... was Felucia (and soon Ajan Kloss) added to CS to boost that mode and left out of GA because that mode is "healthy enough"? If I were to guess, I think that's the case. CS goes on for too long for a lot of people, and that's why they don't play it (I feel that way as well) but you want to push that mode more so you add new maps to it and leave those same maps out of the real popular big map mode- GA.

SA, people have given up on it....? Of course, and it's towards the bottom of requests, because people know that their voice is going ignored as it has since late 2017. When nothing comes to a mode for about 2 years, people know that mode is 'dead', at least in the eyes of the ones who develop and control this game. It's starting to seem like GA is joining it. When you put all your eggs in one basket, you know what can happen when that basket drops.

Another possibility is the vast majority of people like clone wars the most. And in order to get this consitently they play cs. During this time they also brought awesome and fan favourites such as commando droid, clone commando and droideka which all boosted numbers for the mood. Then they added st to cs because of all the criticism. I dont no actual figures but from wat i have personally seen most clans and groups tend to be based around a clone legion. The survey last month shows that clone wars is the most requested content. They just supported this mode because it got many numbers back up. And i think its more to do with the clone wars content than the game mode itself
  • Ok, I get. We are a few people playing SA and Extraction so on company point of view, it's not worth It to create content.

But, really, what could take to:
    Unmerge
    HSSF as teamdeathmatch
    Enableing ships/Hero ships in Co op

I really don't see why cant we have just this three simple things every pilot/Extraction player wants. Yes, EVERY.

Of course, recent communication is absolutely welcomed. Thanks a lot.
  • Please don't abandon Extraction or SFA. Of course I want new planet and heroes, but don't let this two gamemodes dead.
  • @f8rge why do we never get asked about balancing changes. We almost never have focused feedback and when we do the feedback is never implemented (unless you count the droideka buff everyone wanted in the reinforcement feedback, FIVE MONTHS AGO). That thread wasn’t listened to and it feels like we’re talking to a brick wall.
  • F8RGE wrote: »
    Assault based planets was the biggest request, next to heroes and reinforcements. Quality of life changes was next and then came appearances. New content for SFA and Extraction have always been consistently near the bottom of such results.

Prequel era comes back as the most popular era, followed by Original Trilogy and then the New Trilogy.

In terms of HvV maps, Naboo, Death Star II, Bespin, Felucia and Kamino were the top 5. Naboo was actually the clear winner and the rest are all very closely together.

Co-Op exceeded our expectations and is always rated highly whenever we speak about it. The same goes for the AutoPlayer system.

Since we added Co-Op, one of the biggest requests we see is for other eras to come to it. This is part of the reason why we brought the New Trilogy to the mode and same goes for CS.

All of the new Reinforcements we've added have been received very well by the community. They continue to be rated very highly.

I'm glad to hear assault based maps are widely requested! Just to be clear, this is for Galactic Assault, right? I've really liked a lot of the new content - but this is by far my favorite mode, and it's been a really long time since we've gotten a new map
  • Nugmragn wrote: »
    Why don't every last one of you whining, petulant, "insightful" misery-mongers find a new game to play.

Thanks for putting your best foot forward @F8RGE and stepping up and communicating a little dose of reality.

If y'all haters could make your own game you wouldn't have to play this one...but you can't so put up or shut up.

Pretty unnecessary imo
    ur9uulae4dqx.gif
  • lowell
    2404 posts Member
    Feelee16 wrote: »
    Nugmragn wrote: »
    Why don't every last one of you whining, petulant, "insightful" misery-mongers find a new game to play.

Thanks for putting your best foot forward @F8RGE and stepping up and communicating a little dose of reality.

If y'all haters could make your own game you wouldn't have to play this one...but you can't so put up or shut up.

Pretty unnecessary imo

It kind of makes sense since it's not just these guys here, it's also happening to the devs on Twitter:

• Feelee16
    2201 posts Member
    edited January 25
    @lowell people are frustrated and rightfully so. They want to see more, and want an answer on why they can't see it. I guess that just comes with the job. Lashing out like that is kinda pointless imo (edit) I'm frustrated honestly
    ur9uulae4dqx.gif
  • lowell
    2404 posts Member
    edited January 25
    @lowell people are frustrated and rightfully so. They want to see more, and want an answer on why they can't see it. I guess that just comes with the job. Lashing out like that is kinda pointless imo

They're greedy, ungrateful, annoying and everything that's wrong with the community.

It's time they wise up and realize DICE doesn't have to keep giving you content. Whiners need to grow up and go play a different game if they don't like it so much that they have to consistently complain about it.

We can speculate and be patient for the news but there's no reason to treat the content creators like that. We're all not going to get everything we want but we can be happy for the stuff we'll get that we like and happy for others that got what they want.

This is why Star Wars actors, producers, writers, etc. have to either push back or escape from social media when they get targeted by fans that hated certain parts of the canon or way obsessed with the Rey-Kylo relationship (Btw, I don't get why #BringBenSoloBack is even trending right now when it was already posted under a TCW trailer tweet the other day and TCW and ST are not even related) or other kind of harassers, etc.
  • Feelee16
    2201 posts Member
    edited January 25
    @lowell people are frustrated and rightfully so. They want to see more, and want an answer on why they can't see it. I guess that just comes with the job. Lashing out like that is kinda pointless imo

They're greedy, ungrateful, annoying and everything that's wrong with the community.

It's time they wise up and realize DICE doesn't have to keep giving you content. Whiners need to grow up and go play a different game if they don't like it so much that they have to consistently complain about it.

I wouldn't really go that far with it. Of course some don't act kind about it but for some they feel like their voice hasn't being heard for quite some time, especially on here. This is the only recent MP SW game too so for some there might not be another game to go to. It's tough
    ur9uulae4dqx.gif

That would make too much sense. I dislike some of the balance decision as much as the next guy but some of these people go overboard.

I mean look at this topic. The dev has had to skip over and ignore all the nasty remarks.. Peopel demanding to see survey results.. as if a developer would lie about it.. lol. I can see why they ghost after a while.
    I am an Interspecies reviewer in training.
  • Feelee16
    2201 posts Member
    edited January 25
    it's just confusing and frustrating to some on the choices devs make in the game which can be seen on the Twitter post above. A straight answer is sometimes never given to resolve the issue, to give an understanding on why. Imo It doesn't help the relationship between CM and parts of the community. I think he can maybe handle situations better to have less anger and hatred imo. It can be seen as ungrateful, but some have stuck with it asking on why a choice was made over and over without a response. Of course they aren't required to get one but it imo it would really help.
    ur9uulae4dqx.gif
  • polarition wrote: »

I actually agree that the community is being rather ungrateful. I even concede that I'm definitely behaving as such. But if I had the choice I would 100% rather have the game in its current state than for them to add these new heroes. If the game just stayed like this and never changed I would actually be ok with that. That's just me. But at the end of the day they're humans like us and I'm just frustrated with the types of decisions being made, being this is the only game I play.
  • moistboii wrote: »

I actually agree that the community is being rather ungrateful. I even concede that I'm definitely behaving as such. But if I had the choice I would 100% rather have the game in its current state than for them to add these new heroes. If the game just stayed like this and never changed I would actually be ok with that. That's just me. But at the end of the day they're humans like us and I'm just frustrated with the types of decisions being made, being this is the only game I play.

I actually don't understand why people are so upset over the new heroes lol Like... you don't have to play as them?
    Do you know the difference between an error and a mistake? Anyone can make an error. But that error doesn't become a mistake until you refuse to correct it.

72aob7b857pp.png
  • probably F8RGE's biggest non-fan, can someone get him to say why Extraction was buried without provoking a passive-aggressive response (e.g. "we decided to")
    Order of Strike maps leading up to Extraction:
    Kamino -> Mos Eisley -> Death Star II -> Kessel -> Jabba's
    moistboii wrote: »

I actually don't understand why people are so upset over the new heroes lol Like... you don't have to play as them?

Once again just a personal thing and I dont expect many to agree or share the same feeling. I see it like, these are legendary star wars characters and the best of the best. Sith lords, master Jedi, commanders, generals, etc. There's no shame if I'm playing as Luke, for example, and die to Dooku. He's a legendary sith Lord. Even dying to Chewie is no big thing. He's a massive wookie with high powered weapons.

With all that being said. I just cannot accept these soccer ball sized droids being in the same class as Darth Vader and Luke skywalker and being able to compete with them in hero showdown, Hvv, or GA. It's just not ok with me. Once, again I'm probably one of very few people who feel this way.

I wouldn't really go that far with it. Of course some don't act kind about it but for some they feel like their voice hasn't being heard for quite some time, especially on here. This is the only recent MP SW game too so for some there might not be another game to go to.

I would. They're an incredibly toxic group of people who have nothing else to do with their time than insult developers who work hard to bring you new content when you don't have to. They're some of the most ungrateful bunch of people I've ever encountered. It's really sad. No one should have to receive as much hate as they do when they produce such excellent Star Wars content.

And yeah, you're right. This is the only MP SW game at the moment. So be happy they're even giving it as much attention rather than everyone being all "Oooo they're making Anakin do less damage" and "Ooooo sometimes palpatine is too hard to kill."

the bugginess of this game is a problem

the devs deserve a fair amount of criticism for that and the extremely poor qa

I really don't care what a survey says and I doubt DICE is sharing everything--leaving out the negative
  • moistboii wrote: »
    moistboii wrote: »

Once again just a personal thing and I dont expect many to agree or share the same feeling. I see it like, these are legendary star wars characters and the best of the best. Sith lords, master Jedi, commanders, generals, etc. There's no shame if I'm playing as Luke, for example, and die to Dooku. He's a legendary sith Lord. Even dying to Chewie is no big thing. He's a massive wookie with high powered weapons.

With all that being said. I just cannot accept these soccer ball sized droids being in the same class as Darth Vader and Luke skywalker and being able to compete with them in hero showdown, Hvv, or GA. It's just not ok with me. Once, again I'm probably one of very few people who feel this way.

You make an interesting point. But you have to also remember that there are heroes like Bossk, Phasma, Iden, Finn, etc. who didn't really do much, and definitely are not on the same tier as Vader.

72aob7b857pp.png

I wouldn't really go that far with it. Of course some don't act kind about it but for some they feel like their voice hasn't being heard for quite some time, especially on here. This is the only recent MP SW game too so for some there might not be another game to go to.

I would. They're an incredibly toxic group of people who have nothing else to do with their time than insult developers who work hard to bring you new content when you don't have to. They're some of the most ungrateful bunch of people I've ever encountered. It's really sad. No one should have to receive as much hate as they do when they produce such excellent Star Wars content.

And yeah, you're right. This is the only MP SW game at the moment. So be happy they're even giving it as much attention rather than everyone being all "Oooo they're making Anakin do less damage" and "Ooooo sometimes palpatine is too hard to kill."

I really don't care what a survey says and I doubt DICE is sharing everything--leaving out the negative

There's not many bugs, despite what people seem to think.

And criticism ≠ insulting the devs.

72aob7b857pp.png

okay well as I type this I'm sitting in an hvv lobby with seven people on one team and zero on the other

first rate coding

okay well as I type this I'm sitting in an hvv lobby with seven people on one team and zero on the other

first rate coding

I've played the game every day since its launch. That bug has only happened to me once. It's not a super common occurrence. It's not even something people have been complaining about a bunch.

72aob7b857pp.png

first rate coding

I've played the game every day since its launch. That bug has only happened to me once. It's not a super common occurrence. It's not even something people have been complaining about a bunch.

It's happened to me many times sadly.
    ur9uulae4dqx.gif

first rate coding

broken lobbies happen more and more, and it's been mentioned on this forum

first rate coding

Mentioned, yes.

72aob7b857pp.png

first rate coding

Mentioned, yes.

what is your point? it happens to me at least once a week that a lobby is broken and I have to exit out
  • polarition
    2376 posts Member
    edited January 25

first rate coding

Mentioned, yes.

what is your point? it happens to me at least once a week that a lobby is broken and I have to exit out

So, one time.... in the amount of times you've played matches.... in 7 days.... and you're able to exit out and go back in to a fixed lobby... and you think that is an often enough occurrence to insult the developers on a consistent basis on the internet?

72aob7b857pp.png
    Its just real talk. I didn't call anyone out by name. I think its telling that certain people take offense to my remark...like maybe it strikes a nerve with them for some reason, hmmm?

If you take offense or feel like my post was directed at you, please know that I want you to grow as a person. You're angry because you're experiencing cognitive dissonance...it happens when you start to realize that your behaviors don't align with your beliefs.

For example, you think you are a swell person (humble and kind and patient and empathetic, etc) but in reality, you start to realize you are just whining and throwing shade and ungrateful etc.

If you want to make demands then buy stock in EA and attend a shareholders meeting.

Ben doesn't have to do or say anything. He doesn't have to publish anything. He doesn't owe anyone anything.

It's fuching RAD that Ben said as much as he said and gave people a peek behind the curtain into some of the decision making process...however much or little of that he shared is cool.

The only problem is that you didn't like what he said. Or it stilllll wasn't enough or the right answer. Tough. Luck.

I'm not being an apologist. The game isn't perfect, I acknowledge that. But nothing is.

There is a difference between constructive dialogue and polite requests and whatever the fuch some people around here choose to post.

Take that however you will, and ruminate on your reaction.
    x0o8cuxjxld5.gif

I am an Interspecies reviewer in training.
  • This thread really isn't going anywhere7vtbuy1pi7nb.gif
    ur9uulae4dqx.gif