criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Community Q/A session and Survey Results, Thank you for communicating!!!

Replies

• ExtractionFan69
    823 posts Member
    edited January 25
    polarition wrote: »
    Feelee16 wrote: »
    @lowell people are frustrated and rightfully so. They want to see more, and want an answer on why they can't see it. I guess that just comes with the job. Lashing out like that is kinda pointless imo

They're greedy, ungrateful, annoying and everything that's wrong with the community.

It's time they wise up and realize DICE doesn't have to keep giving you content. Whiners need to grow up and go play a different game if they don't like it so much that they have to consistently complain about it.

I wouldn't really go that far with it. Of course some don't act kind about it but for some they feel like their voice hasn't being heard for quite some time, especially on here. This is the only recent MP SW game too so for some there might not be another game to go to.

I would. They're an incredibly toxic group of people who have nothing else to do with their time than insult developers who work hard to bring you new content when you don't have to. They're some of the most ungrateful bunch of people I've ever encountered. It's really sad. No one should have to receive as much hate as they do when they produce such excellent Star Wars content.

And yeah, you're right. This is the only MP SW game at the moment. So be happy they're even giving it as much attention rather than everyone being all "Oooo they're making Anakin do less damage" and "Ooooo sometimes palpatine is too hard to kill."

the bugginess of this game is a problem

the devs deserve a fair amount of criticism for that and the extremely poor qa

I really don't care what a survey says and I doubt DICE is sharing everything--leaving out the negative

There's not many bugs, despite what people seem to think.

And criticism ≠ insulting the devs.

okay well as I type this I'm sitting in an hvv lobby with seven people on one team and zero on the other

first rate coding

I've played the game every day since its launch. That bug has only happened to me once. It's not a super common occurrence. It's not even something people have been complaining about a bunch.

broken lobbies happen more and more, and it's been mentioned on this forum

Mentioned, yes.

what is your point? it happens to me at least once a week that a lobby is broken and I have to exit out

So, one time.... in the amount of times you've played matches.... in 7 days.... and you're able to exit out and go back in to a fixed lobby... and you think that is an often enough occurrence to insult the developers on a consistent basis on the internet?

it's only one bug among many, and there are more bugs in this game now than a year ago

it's not at all an insult to say that their qa, balancing, and basic coding suck, it's an observation borne out by easily documented issues and comparison to other AAA games not named "Fallout"
    Order of Strike maps leading up to Extraction:
    Kamino -> Mos Eisley -> Death Star II -> Kessel -> Jabba's
  • polarition wrote: »
    @lowell people are frustrated and rightfully so. They want to see more, and want an answer on why they can't see it. I guess that just comes with the job. Lashing out like that is kinda pointless imo

They're greedy, ungrateful, annoying and everything that's wrong with the community.

It's time they wise up and realize DICE doesn't have to keep giving you content. Whiners need to grow up and go play a different game if they don't like it so much that they have to consistently complain about it.

I wouldn't really go that far with it. Of course some don't act kind about it but for some they feel like their voice hasn't being heard for quite some time, especially on here. This is the only recent MP SW game too so for some there might not be another game to go to.

I would. They're an incredibly toxic group of people who have nothing else to do with their time than insult developers who work hard to bring you new content when you don't have to. They're some of the most ungrateful bunch of people I've ever encountered. It's really sad. No one should have to receive as much hate as they do when they produce such excellent Star Wars content.

And yeah, you're right. This is the only MP SW game at the moment. So be happy they're even giving it as much attention rather than everyone being all "Oooo they're making Anakin do less damage" and "Ooooo sometimes palpatine is too hard to kill."

I really don't care what a survey says and I doubt DICE is sharing everything--leaving out the negative

okay well as I type this I'm sitting in an hvv lobby with seven people on one team and zero on the other

first rate coding

I've played the game every day since its launch. That bug has only happened to me once. It's not a super common occurrence. It's not even something people have been complaining about a bunch.

Mentioned, yes.

what is your point? it happens to me at least once a week that a lobby is broken and I have to exit out

So, one time.... in the amount of times you've played matches.... in 7 days.... and you're able to exit out and go back in to a fixed lobby... and you think that is an often enough occurrence to insult the developers on a consistent basis on the internet?

it's only one bug among many, and there are more bugs in this game now than a year ago

it's not at all an insult to say that their qa, balancing, and basic coding suck, it's an observation borne out by easily documented issues and comparison to other AAA games not named "Fallout"

Lol, oh please. You're exaggerating so much, man. There's not a ton of gamebreaking bugs, there's minor bugs. MINOR bugs. You guys are just nitpicking and being toxic.
    Do you know the difference between an error and a mistake? Anyone can make an error. But that error doesn't become a mistake until you refuse to correct it.

72aob7b857pp.png

first rate coding

Mentioned, yes.

Lol, oh please. You're exaggerating so much, man. There's not a ton of gamebreaking bugs, there's minor bugs. MINOR bugs. You guys are just nitpicking and being toxic.

I consider bugs that affect my enjoyment of the game significant enough to press the devs on, and I think it is appropriate to express frustration when they are ignored

speaking of toxic, I find it ironic that you are accusing me of that in a post denigrating and belittling my concerns about this game...look in the mirror

you're free to put me on ignore
  • oh by the way that busted lobby happened again just now, so twice in one night...but maybe if I weren't so "toxic" it would delight instead of annoy me

first rate coding

Mentioned, yes.

I consider bugs that affect my enjoyment of the game significant enough to press the devs on, and I think it is appropriate to express frustration when they are ignored

speaking of toxic, I find it ironic that you are accusing me of that in a post denigrating and belittling my concerns about this game...look in the mirror

Dude just because you say "look in the mirror" doesn't mean you're not a toxic person. Calling someone out on their toxicity doesn't make the other person toxic, smart one. And the fact that you took offense to my initial post tells me you, yourself, know you're one of the people I was describing.

So, you can go and be bothered by as many bugs as you please, but it doesn't change the fact that you're part of the reason why none of the developers talk much here.

And, trust me. If there was a setting on here where I could actually not see you and your backwards logic, I'd entertain it. But unfortunately putting you on ignore doesn't hide your user in discussions.
    Do you know the difference between an error and a mistake? Anyone can make an error. But that error doesn't become a mistake until you refuse to correct it.

72aob7b857pp.png
  • polarition
    2376 posts Member
    edited January 25
    oh by the way that busted lobby happened again just now, so twice in one night...but maybe if I weren't so "toxic" it would delight instead of annoy me

Wow, 2 times in 7 days. I'm so sorry. That's completely changed the circumstances. You've really taught me different. A bug that only happens twice every seven days? Yep. Definitely worth attacking people on a forum. How could I be so blind?

jstyd9tbfqd4.gif

72aob7b857pp.png
  • There's two extremes. People who rag on them as if they do nothing right and those that blindly defend them.

I'm in the middle. Criticism isn't always good but it's not always bad. There are LOTS of bugs in this game. Not just some bugs. There's LOTS of questionable decisions in this game. Not just some. When you see a bunch of "insightful's" on devs' posts, it's because their answers are not received well. I don't care for the devs personally, nor for anyone else here as I don't know them. I just state my opinions on their jobs, which is either talking about this game or designing it. They get a lot of things right and a lot of things wrong. I really don't care for their snobby answers to people on the socials. That makes me upset that they do that to some legit questions. I guess when on twitter it's their personal account unless otherwise stated so they can reply how they want, but it doesn't look good on the game imo.

I think people want answers on things that are obviously very popular here. There's threads that have been ongoing for months maybe even a year or more. But those threads with thousands of views and hundreds of responses get no response and that makes people like me wonder if they are avoiding them on purpose and what that purpose is.
  • F8RGE wrote: »
    F8RGE wrote: »
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    AltoJun wrote: »
    "New content for SFA and Extraction have always been consistently near the bottom of such results."
    Huge threads asking for this and that's your survey's outcome? Really?

I'm pretty sure he only says that in an attempt to get people to stop mentioning those requests

He also hasn't actually posted the results so we don't actually know what the survey results are

You can keep mentioning them, but the reality is that they aren't as requested as others. Sure there are discussions, but not in the same volume as other requests.

As always though, surveys are just temperature checks and we never make decisions base solely on them.

Well we still don't know the survey results because they are never posted

What specific results? I have told you the outcome of quite a lot of them.

You have no stats of the survey and no stats of the playbase count.

Playerbase numbers I cant give because we are a publicly traded company and stuff like that needs to go through proper channels (i.e. investors etc).

I'll see if I can drop some numbers from the survey next week. Realistically though, it just says everything I've already stated.

People can’t accept the truth of their view of the game being incorrect 🤘🏻
    moistboii wrote: »

I actually agree that the community is being rather ungrateful. I even concede that I'm definitely behaving as such. But if I had the choice I would 100% rather have the game in its current state than for them to add these new heroes. If the game just stayed like this and never changed I would actually be ok with that. That's just me. But at the end of the day they're humans like us and I'm just frustrated with the types of decisions being made, being this is the only game I play.

I actually don't understand why people are so upset over the new heroes lol Like... you don't have to play as them?

Once again just a personal thing and I dont expect many to agree or share the same feeling. I see it like, these are legendary star wars characters and the best of the best. Sith lords, master Jedi, commanders, generals, etc. There's no shame if I'm playing as Luke, for example, and die to Dooku. He's a legendary sith Lord. Even dying to Chewie is no big thing. He's a massive wookie with high powered weapons.

With all that being said. I just cannot accept these soccer ball sized droids being in the same class as Darth Vader and Luke skywalker and being able to compete with them in hero showdown, Hvv, or GA. It's just not ok with me. Once, again I'm probably one of very few people who feel this way.

You make an interesting point. But you have to also remember that there are heroes like Bossk, Phasma, Iden, Finn, etc. who didn't really do much, and definitely are not on the same tier as Vader.

But even then. Finn is a former stormtrooper, Phasma is a captain in a military force, Bossk is a human sized lizard equipped with high powered weapons and explosives...then we have a ball with a lighter. I mean I just can't accept that lol

first rate coding

Mentioned, yes.

👍🏻👍🏻
  • moistboii wrote: »

I actually agree that the community is being rather ungrateful. I even concede that I'm definitely behaving as such. But if I had the choice I would 100% rather have the game in its current state than for them to add these new heroes. If the game just stayed like this and never changed I would actually be ok with that. That's just me. But at the end of the day they're humans like us and I'm just frustrated with the types of decisions being made, being this is the only game I play.

I actually don't understand why people are so upset over the new heroes lol Like... you don't have to play as them?

Once again just a personal thing and I dont expect many to agree or share the same feeling. I see it like, these are legendary star wars characters and the best of the best. Sith lords, master Jedi, commanders, generals, etc. There's no shame if I'm playing as Luke, for example, and die to Dooku. He's a legendary sith Lord. Even dying to Chewie is no big thing. He's a massive wookie with high powered weapons.

With all that being said. I just cannot accept these soccer ball sized droids being in the same class as Darth Vader and Luke skywalker and being able to compete with them in hero showdown, Hvv, or GA. It's just not ok with me. Once, again I'm probably one of very few people who feel this way.

You make an interesting point. But you have to also remember that there are heroes like Bossk, Phasma, Iden, Finn, etc. who didn't really do much, and definitely are not on the same tier as Vader.

But even then. Finn is a former stormtrooper, Phasma is a captain in a military force, Bossk is a human sized lizard equipped with high powered weapons and explosives...then we have a ball with a lighter. I mean I just can't accept that lol

BB-8 carried the map to Skywalker, helped get the Resistance onto Snoke's ship, saved Finn & Rose when he took over one of the STs, etc...

72aob7b857pp.png
  • lowell
    2405 posts Member

BB-8 carried the map to Skywalker, helped get the Resistance onto Snoke's ship, saved Finn & Rose when he took over one of the STs, etc...

Also, helped Poe and Black Squadron search for Lor San Tekka and Kaz discover that the First Order was building a kyber superlaser weapon onto Ilum (Starkiller Base) by first experimenting on other planets.
  • lowell wrote: »

Also, helped Poe and Black Squadron search for Lor San Tekka and Kaz discover that the First Order was building a kyber superlaser weapon onto Ilum (Starkiller Base) by first experimenting on other planets.

Yessir

72aob7b857pp.png
    lowell wrote: »

Yessir

See, all of this is why I initially said not many people have the same mindset as I do. I'm not talking necessarily about accomplishments. I'm talking about the character overall. What is BB8? A droid the size of a ball that looks like a children's toy. No amount of helping poe or saving the day with his plot armor because Disney said it has to happen this way will change my mind. I can't accept that BB8 and Kylo Ren will be able to do a hero showdown together. It's just so ridiculous to me.
  • moistboii wrote: »

Yessir

See, all of this is why I initially said not many people have the same mindset as I do. I'm not talking necessarily about accomplishments. I'm talking about the character overall. What is BB8? A droid the size of a ball that looks like a children's toy. No amount of helping poe or saving the day with his plot armor because Disney said it has to happen this way will change my mind. I can't accept that BB8 and Kylo Ren will be able to do a hero showdown together. It's just so ridiculous to me.

So you're droidist.

72aob7b857pp.png
  • lowell
    2405 posts Member

Yessir

So what about this:

qz4x7ajs2n241.jpg

I mean, I typically prefer Chopper for the best bloodthirsty killing droid over BB-8 but this could be cool if it could be worked into the game: BB-8 and BB-9E can each hack onto vehicles and kill anyone in their sight.

I do wonder if we'll see these guys in the game in the future:

Triple Zero (0-0-0)

10.jpg

BT-1

r2-d2-challenges-bt-1-3.jpg

Yessir

So what about this:

qz4x7ajs2n241.jpg

I mean, I typically prefer Chopper for the best bloodthirsty killing droid over BB-8 but this could be cool if it could be worked into the game: BB-8 and BB-9E can each hack onto vehicles and kill anyone in their sight.

Triple Zero (0-0-0)

10.jpg

BT-1

I’m 100% against them as heroes BUT if BB8 can hack an ATST I would use him for CS 101%.

Yessir

So what about this:

qz4x7ajs2n241.jpg

Triple Zero (0-0-0)

10.jpg

BT-1

I like the time BB-8 pulled out a blaster and shot Hux point blank

72aob7b857pp.png
  • lowell
    2405 posts Member
    edited January 25

Yessir

So what about this:

qz4x7ajs2n241.jpg

Triple Zero (0-0-0)

10.jpg

BT-1

I’m 100% against them as heroes BUT if BB8 can hack an ATST I would use him for CS 101%.

I was also thinking maybe if there was a possibility they could have the ability to fly starfighters solo in GA and SA but that might be more complicated to work out.

Yessir

So what about this:

qz4x7ajs2n241.jpg

Triple Zero (0-0-0)

10.jpg

BT-1

I was also thinking maybe if there was a possibility they could have the ability to fly starfighters solo in GA and SA but that might be more complicated to work out.

I actually like the ATST idea. Since they are tank lacking, he could hack it and have a 4th ability of “repair ATST” when he’s in it. So the LS can have at least 1 tank. That’d be cool
  • Yes!?! Right, treat us like shareholders, since we are in such a commission deal by playing and paying to play this production. .. We just want to play a great game!
  • lowell
    2405 posts Member

Yessir

So what about this:

qz4x7ajs2n241.jpg

Triple Zero (0-0-0)

10.jpg

BT-1

I actually like the ATST idea. Since they are tank lacking, he could hack it and have a 4th ability of “repair ATST” when he’s in it. So the LS can have at least 1 tank. That’d be cool

They could hack the speeders and other small walkers, too:

Ski speeders, LIUVs,

First Order speeder bike

latest?cb=20190714054455

125-Z treadspeeder bike

latest?cb=20191216173545

Gian-211 patrol speeder (Resistance)

latest?cb=20161229014038

All Terrain Mobile Artillery

latest?cb=20151228085313

All Terrain Patrol Droid

latest?cb=20191019063353

Urban Assault Triped Transport (New FO walker from TROS)

latest?cb=20200102041938
  • Genin
    633 posts Member

Yessir

So what about this:

qz4x7ajs2n241.jpg

Triple Zero (0-0-0)

10.jpg

BT-1

They could hack the speeders and other small walkers, too:

Ski speeders, LIUVs,

First Order speeder bike

latest?cb=20190714054455

125-Z treadspeeder bike

latest?cb=20191216173545

Gian-211 patrol speeder (Resistance)

latest?cb=20161229014038

All Terrain Mobile Artillery

latest?cb=20151228085313

All Terrain Patrol Droid

latest?cb=20191019063353

Urban Assault Triped Transport (New FO walker from TROS)

latest?cb=20200102041938

While you dream about new vehicles, the one in the game are still buggy since launch xD

The left ability of the AT St and the speeders, never worked as I remember...
    The "run" of the AT ST is weird and inconsistent and need a fix that never arrived.

Speeders... Well... They nerfed them (way too powerful before, I agree) but now they are useless and with clunky controls.

Sadly it's all about heroes and reinforcements.

They remove starfighters, there are no transports for troops, tanks and speeders are buggy and with any deep customization.
  • BlueSpy3DO
    1013 posts Member
    edited January 25
    I think this thread has gone way off topic, as much as I enjoyed the initial conversation this will probably be closed soon.
  • Meerkat wrote: »
    Nugmragn wrote: »
    Its just real talk. I didn't call anyone out by name. I think its telling that certain people take offense to my remark...like maybe it strikes a nerve with them for some reason, hmmm?

If you take offense or feel like my post was directed at you, please know that I want you to grow as a person. You're angry because you're experiencing cognitive dissonance...it happens when you start to realize that your behaviors don't align with your beliefs.

For example, you think you are a swell person (humble and kind and patient and empathetic, etc) but in reality, you start to realize you are just whining and throwing shade and ungrateful etc.

If you want to make demands then buy stock in EA and attend a shareholders meeting.

Ben doesn't have to do or say anything. He doesn't have to publish anything. He doesn't owe anyone anything.

It's fuching RAD that Ben said as much as he said and gave people a peek behind the curtain into some of the decision making process...however much or little of that he shared is cool.

The only problem is that you didn't like what he said. Or it stilllll wasn't enough or the right answer. Tough. Luck.

I'm not being an apologist. The game isn't perfect, I acknowledge that. But nothing is.

There is a difference between constructive dialogue and polite requests and whatever the fuch some people around here choose to post.

Take that however you will, and ruminate on your reaction.
    x0o8cuxjxld5.gif

Bam. This man right here is a madman
  • CT_93921 wrote: »
    I think this thread has gone way off topic, as much as I enjoyed the initial conversation this will probably be closed soon.

Nice effort but unfortunately a few people had to bring insults and toxicity to what could have been a good thread.
    Now with some additional numbers:

Communication
    As you've seen the surveys we ask for your thoughts on communication via a Likert Scale. In essence this boils down to a "how good do you think we're doing, between 1 and 10".

With Likert Scales the key here is that it's not the jump between 6, 7, or 8 that we are looking for, but it's the decimal place as well that is vital and can indicate a swing towards good or bad. Think of it a bit like the Richter scale with Earthquakes.

When we did our first survey in November 2018, communication was rated 7.38. This went up to 8.18 in December 2018 but then slowly began to drop again as we failed to find the rhythm in early 2019. In fact we dropped down to 7.4 in April 2019.

From here we began to raise upwards again and hit 8.02 in June and 8.18 in Sept 2019. We dipped in October to 8.01 before hitting 8.10 in Nov and 8.19 in Dec 2019.

A rating of 8.19 is the highest our communication has been since the start of these surveys.

Transmissions
    Similar to Communication, we use Likert Scale to measure the health of the Transmission Program. What is interesting is that for the most part there is a direct correlation between Communication and Transmission, which kind of makes sense.

Transmissions have evolved a bit overtime, but within the first Survey (Nov 2018), they were rated 8.11, before having a bit of a spike in Dec 2018 to 8.51. The Dec 2018 rating would go on to become the highest rating we've achieved and would be beaten until late 2019.

Throughout 2019, Transmissions remained mostly steady, hovering between the 8.3 - 8.4 mark. The exception to this is April 2019 where it dropped down to 7.91. From here the rating steadily rose upwards and we hit 8.49 in Sept 2019. In Nov 2019 we hit 8.55 and we finished off 2019 with a rating of 8.57 in December.

Channel Usage
    Since the start we also ask players to note which Social Platform is the primary, here's the average breakdown:
    • Reddit: 44.08%
    • Forums: 5.61%
    • Twitter: 22.90%
    • Twitch: 0.85%
    • Discord: 2.75%
    • YouTube: 20.97%
    • Fansite: 0.21%
    • Facebook: 1.11%
    • Other: 1.53%

Other
    Similar to some of the above, we use Likert Scales to gauge how you feel about bits of content that we've added to the game.

Here's what you said about the the update in December:
    • Rise of Skywalker Update - 8.36
    • Gunner - 8.24
    • Spy - 7.63
    • Sith Trooper - 8.81
    • First Order Jet Trooper - 8.73

In December we also asked you which word comes to mind when think of Star Wars Battlefront II.

The word "Fun" was the clear winner here, taking in 14% of the submissions. From here there was a steep drop down into second place for "Redemption" at 4.08%.

After this we start to see the results group up and everything else more or less comes in within a percentage of each other. A lot of results here are individual hero names, shout out to the single person that mentioned Dengar.

In the past we've asked you how you felt on certain elements of gameplay

We saw that Reinforcements were the highest rated, coming in at 8.51. This was followed closely by Trooper gameplay at 8.21 and the Heroes at 8.12.

When we've previously asked you what type of content you would prefer over all other types, we got some interesting results.
    • New Planets for the bigger / assault modes: 9.16
    • Heroes: 8.6
    • Reinforcements: 8.5
    • Quality of Life: 8.4
    • Appearances: 8.2
    • Weapons: 7.8
    • Hero Based Maps: 6.93
    • Starfighter content: 5.45
    • New Game Modes: 5.2

Toxicity within the game and community

Back in July 2019 we began asking questions around disruptive behaviour both in the game and within the community itself. This is an important aspect for us as we always want the game and the surrounding community to be a welcoming place to be, free of toxicity, abuse and all those other things that have no place within games.

In the last month have you encountered disruptive behaviour while playing Star Wars Battlefront II
    "Disruptive behaviour” is any player behaviour (intentional or unintentional) that harms the gameplay experience for you or other online players. Examples can include, but are not limited to: - Cheating or exploiting- Being rude or acting out on other players- Hate speech, discrimination, or harassment- Not playing toward the objective or goal- Toxicity

July 2019
    • Yes: 54.02%
    • No: 45.98%

December 2019
    • Yes: 33.67%
    • No: 66.33%

This means that we’ve seen a 20% increase on players NOT experiencing disruptive behaviour.

How frequently have you experienced disruptive behaviour when engaging with the Star Wars Battlefront II community in the past month?

July 2019
    • Every time: 4.63%
    • Often: 16.74%
    • Sometimes: 31.52%
    • Rarely: 47.12%

Dec 2019
    • Every time: 2.65%
    • Often: 9.18%
    • Sometimes: 24.20%
    • Rarely: 63.98%

Summary: July 2019 vs Dec 2019
    • Players experiencing disruptive behaviour every time they interact with the community: Down 1.98%
    • Players who often experience disruptive behaviour when they interact with the community: Down 7.56%
    • Players who sometimes experience disruptive behaviour when they interact with the community: Down 7.32%
    • Players who rarely experience disruptive behaviour when they interact with the community: Up 16.86%

September 2019 Content

Back in September we asked you what you thought of the content we added that month. It was a pretty big month for us and with it came the highest piece of new content we've ever added.
    • Co-Op: 8.29
    • Instant Action: 7.8
    • Clone Commando: 8.28
    • Felucia: 9.16
    • Auto Players: 8.06

Hope that gives some insight into what we see from these surveys.

AMAZING, thank you for sharing!
  • People on the forums that answered surveys hits at 5% and people still think the forums are the vocal majority lol

I just posted an apology to the dude I was (debating?) with on the other thread because ironically he was right on this point
  • CT_93921 wrote: »
    People on the forums that answered surveys hits at 5% and people still think the forums are the vocal majority lol

I just posted an apology to the dude I was (debating?) with on the other thread because ironically he was right on this point

Refer to my comment on that
  • @F8RGE can this be a regular posted update after each survey?

Communication
    As you've seen the surveys we ask for your thoughts on communication via a Likert Scale. In essence this boils down to a "how good do you think we're doing, between 1 and 10".

With Likert Scales the key here is that it's not the jump between 6, 7, or 8 that we are looking for, but it's the decimal place as well that is vital and can indicate a swing towards good or bad. Think of it a bit like the Richter scale with Earthquakes.

When we did our first survey in November 2018, communication was rated 7.38. This went up to 8.18 in December 2018 but then slowly began to drop again as we failed to find the rhythm in early 2019. In fact we dropped down to 7.4 in April 2019.

From here we began to raise upwards again and hit 8.02 in June and 8.18 in Sept 2019. We dipped in October to 8.01 before hitting 8.10 in Nov and 8.19 in Dec 2019.

A rating of 8.19 is the highest our communication has been since the start of these surveys.

Transmissions
    Similar to Communication, we use Likert Scale to measure the health of the Transmission Program. What is interesting is that for the most part there is a direct correlation between Communication and Transmission, which kind of makes sense.

Transmissions have evolved a bit overtime, but within the first Survey (Nov 2018), they were rated 8.11, before having a bit of a spike in Dec 2018 to 8.51. The Dec 2018 rating would go on to become the highest rating we've achieved and would be beaten until late 2019.

Throughout 2019, Transmissions remained mostly steady, hovering between the 8.3 - 8.4 mark. The exception to this is April 2019 where it dropped down to 7.91. From here the rating steadily rose upwards and we hit 8.49 in Sept 2019. In Nov 2019 we hit 8.55 and we finished off 2019 with a rating of 8.57 in December.

Channel Usage
    Since the start we also ask players to note which Social Platform is the primary, here's the average breakdown:

Other
    Similar to some of the above, we use Likert Scales to gauge how you feel about bits of content that we've added to the game.

• Gunner - 8.24
    • Spy - 7.63
    • Sith Trooper - 8.81

In December we also asked you which word comes to mind when think of Star Wars Battlefront II.

The word "Fun" was the clear winner here, taking in 14% of the submissions. From here there was a steep drop down into second place for "Redemption" at 4.08%.

After this we start to see the results group up and everything else more or less comes in within a percentage of each other. A lot of results here are individual hero names, shout out to the single person that mentioned Dengar.

We saw that Reinforcements were the highest rated, coming in at 8.51. This was followed closely by Trooper gameplay at 8.21 and the Heroes at 8.12.

When we've previously asked you what type of content you would prefer over all other types, we got some interesting results.

Back in July 2019 we began asking questions around disruptive behaviour both in the game and within the community itself. This is an important aspect for us as we always want the game and the surrounding community to be a welcoming place to be, free of toxicity, abuse and all those other things that have no place within games.

In the last month have you encountered disruptive behaviour while playing Star Wars Battlefront II
    "Disruptive behaviour” is any player behaviour (intentional or unintentional) that harms the gameplay experience for you or other online players. Examples can include, but are not limited to: - Cheating or exploiting- Being rude or acting out on other players- Hate speech, discrimination, or harassment- Not playing toward the objective or goal- Toxicity

July 2019

December 2019

This means that we’ve seen a 20% increase on players NOT experiencing disruptive behaviour.

How frequently have you experienced disruptive behaviour when engaging with the Star Wars Battlefront II community in the past month?

July 2019

Dec 2019

• Players experiencing disruptive behaviour every time they interact with the community: Down 1.98%
    • Players who often experience disruptive behaviour when they interact with the community: Down 7.56%
    • Players who sometimes experience disruptive behaviour when they interact with the community: Down 7.32%
    • Players who rarely experience disruptive behaviour when they interact with the community: Up 16.86%

September 2019 Content

Back in September we asked you what you thought of the content we added that month. It was a pretty big month for us and with it came the highest piece of new content we've ever added.

Would you mind sharing who the most requested heroes are?
  • Lyc4n
    1887 posts Member
    Is it just me that cant see the scores for the favourite era or was that not included?

Honestly it changes over time. The community isn't one single entity. I always refer to it as a living breathing organism that will change as time progresses.

For example, back in April 2018 it was all about Kenobi and Grievous, with a little bit of Anakin thrown in.

When The Mandalorian started to air, there were lots of requests around him. Same thing for Jedi: Fallen Order, loads of requests for Cal and others during November.

Fast forward to today and requests for those have dropped considerably and have been replaced by talk of Clone Wars again, mostly due to the new season that is upcoming.

In short, it depends entirely on the time frame that you're looking at, as requests will come in waves based on what is happening within the community as well as the wider Star Wars universe.

Just a short question that directly popped into my mind when you said "living document" - you talked about the roadmap on the website being more of a living document a while back and since, it has been barely been kept up to date to be honest with you.

Will we see a roadmap update for the upcoming month, or is it something that has been off the table already ? Thanks in advance!
    Wanna read how Starfighters could be introduced to CS in a fair manner? Read-up on it here: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/153390/how-to-properly-introduce-starfighters-to-cs#latest

Want to support Starfighter content in general? Help us here: https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/evnc78/starfighters_reborn/

Honestly it changes over time. The community isn't one single entity. I always refer to it as a living breathing organism that will change as time progresses.

For example, back in April 2018 it was all about Kenobi and Grievous, with a little bit of Anakin thrown in.

When The Mandalorian started to air, there were lots of requests around him. Same thing for Jedi: Fallen Order, loads of requests for Cal and others during November.

Fast forward to today and requests for those have dropped considerably and have been replaced by talk of Clone Wars again, mostly due to the new season that is upcoming.

In short, it depends entirely on the time frame that you're looking at, as requests will come in waves based on what is happening within the community as well as the wider Star Wars universe.

So it's not Ahsoka and Ventress? Or Jyn and Krennic? Those are what I see the most of anyway, and I am on both Reddit and the forums.
    CT_93921 wrote: »
    People on the forums that answered surveys hits at 5% and people still think the forums are the vocal majority lol

Reddit has over 200,000 users in the Battlefront sub. As we know most players are bad which means it has a lot of bad players/people with barely any time played asking for buffs and Nerfs. Because of how active the Reddit user base is, I imagine it's the primary place the devs look to. if you think people say some off-the-wall things on these forums, you should see Reddit.

The 200,000 number on Reddit is just those that are subscribed, the actual number of people there is considerably larger. We're talking 7 figures+

You mean users that read the subreddit but don't follow it? Is that something you guys can track?
    CT_93921 wrote: »

Reddit has over 200,000 users in the Battlefront sub. As we know most players are bad which means it has a lot of bad players/people with barely any time played asking for buffs and Nerfs. Because of how active the Reddit user base is, I imagine it's the primary place the devs look to. if you think people say some off-the-wall things on these forums, you should see Reddit.

The 200,000 number on Reddit is just those that are subscribed, the actual number of people there is considerably larger. We're talking 7 figures+

You mean users that read the subreddit but don't follow it? Is that something you guys can track?

That's what I was thinking. They have info on that? What about here?
    ur9uulae4dqx.gif
  • @F8RGE thanks for the polite reply :) I agree on most of what you said and understand / can relate to it. However, it maybe would be nice to give us an outline of the next month. You know, like
    - giving us the CT for January Update one day before Jan Update
    - let January Update roll out (pun for BB8 intendend ;) )
    - one day after January Update give us a stripped down version of what to expect from February as next month

Like no details, but will we see
    - a map
    - a new planet
    - a new mode
    - an era focus shift
    - new units
    - new weapons

Maybe something like this? Would definetly keep us more hyped rather than: "See you next month", you know?
    Wanna read how Starfighters could be introduced to CS in a fair manner? Read-up on it here: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/153390/how-to-properly-introduce-starfighters-to-cs#latest

Want to support Starfighter content in general? Help us here: https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/evnc78/starfighters_reborn/
  • @F8RGE thanks for the polite reply :) I agree on most of what you said and understand / can relate to it. However, it maybe would be nice to give us an outline of the next month. You know, like
    - one day after January Update give us a stripped down version of what to expect from February as next month

- a map
    - a new planet
    - a new mode
    - an era focus shift
    - new units
    - new weapons

Maybe something like this? Would definetly keep us more hyped rather than: "See you next month", you know?

☝️☝️☝️☝️👀
  • anidriX
    1746 posts Member

Communication

Transmissions

Channel Usage

Other

• Gunner - 8.24
    • Spy - 7.63
    • Sith Trooper - 8.81

July 2019

December 2019

July 2019

Dec 2019

September 2019 Content

This is great. Is it too much to ask to get a monthly thread with this?
    @F8RGE thanks for the polite reply :) I agree on most of what you said and understand / can relate to it. However, it maybe would be nice to give us an outline of the next month. You know, like

- a map
    - a new planet
    - a new mode
    - an era focus shift
    - new units
    - new weapons

We aim to give a brief outline of what's coming in February in the next CT. So we're thinking along the same lines.

Nice - thank you very much for the kind responses - really appreciated those :)

Earlier you mentioned extraction was rated low, but I don't even see it listed, unless it counts under new game modes? Assuming it never gets new maps or any attention, is there any reason it can't be unmerged from strike? Curious why that decision was even made. If Ewok hunt can get it's own tile, why can't this mode? I feel like that's a very simple change that would make many of us happy.