criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Community Q/A session and Survey Results, Thank you for communicating!!!

Replies

• When we've previously asked you what type of content you would prefer over all other types, we got some interesting results.
    New Planets for the bigger / assault modes: 9.16
    Heroes: 8.6
    Reinforcements: 8.5
    Quality of Life: 8.4
    Appearances: 8.2
    Weapons: 7.8
    Hero Based Maps: 6.93
    Starfighter content: 5.45
    New Game Modes: 5.2

So far...

Heroes : ✓✓✓✓✓✓✓
    Reinforcements : ✓✓✓✓✓
    Quality of Life : ✓✓✓
    Appearances : ✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓
    Weapons :
    Hero Based Maps :
    Starfighter content : ✓✓ (looooong ago)
    New Game Modes : ✓✓

I admit that I approximate my metrics, but it seems pretty clear whose turn is next. 🧐

This means that we’ve seen a 20% increase on players NOT experiencing disruptive behaviour.

I do believe you are wrong about your interpretation of the data. The surveys can not give you that clear of an answer, on any question for that matter, because the individuals that comprise the different sub-groups are not the same from one survey to the next. You can infer from the answers you get that roughly x or y % goes up or down, but really you can't be sure.

And, of course, there is no metric for the people who do not vote because what they want is not catered to...

Data is a great tool but it must be put into the right context (s). ✌️
  • Feelee16
    2201 posts Member
    edited January 27
    F8RGE wrote: »
    Now with some additional numbers:

When we've previously asked you what type of content you would prefer over all other types, we got some interesting results.
    • New Planets for the bigger / assault modes: 9.16
    • Heroes: 8.6
    • Reinforcements: 8.5
    • Quality of Life: 8.4
    • Appearances: 8.2
    • Weapons: 7.8
    • Hero Based Maps: 6.93
    • Starfighter content: 5.45
    • New Game Modes: 5.2

Earlier you mentioned extraction was rated low, but I don't even see it listed, unless it counts under new game modes? Assuming it never gets new maps or any attention, is there any reason it can't be unmerged from strike? Curious why that decision was even made. If Ewok hunt can get it's own tile, why can't this mode? I feel like that's a very simple change that would make many of us happy.

I missed it off the list, sorry. Extraction came in at 5.62. There are no plans to move it away from its current playlist location.

@F8RGE Not sure if this was already answered but Is it possible to release the population numbers to us at all? Like an actual number on platforms?
    ur9uulae4dqx.gif
  • F8RGE wrote: »
    Would you mind sharing who the most requested heroes are?

Honestly it changes over time. The community isn't one single entity. I always refer to it as a living breathing organism that will change as time progresses.

For example, back in April 2018 it was all about Kenobi and Grievous, with a little bit of Anakin thrown in.

When The Mandalorian started to air, there were lots of requests around him. Same thing for Jedi: Fallen Order, loads of requests for Cal and others during November.

Fast forward to today and requests for those have dropped considerably and have been replaced by talk of Clone Wars again, mostly due to the new season that is upcoming.

In short, it depends entirely on the time frame that you're looking at, as requests will come in waves based on what is happening within the community as well as the wider Star Wars universe.

So it's not Ahsoka and Ventress? Or Jyn and Krennic? Those are what I see the most of anyway, and I am on both Reddit and the forums.

He said Clone Wars heros have been requested so Ahsoka and Ventress
    Would you mind sharing who the most requested heroes are?

Honestly it changes over time. The community isn't one single entity. I always refer to it as a living breathing organism that will change as time progresses.

For example, back in April 2018 it was all about Kenobi and Grievous, with a little bit of Anakin thrown in.

When The Mandalorian started to air, there were lots of requests around him. Same thing for Jedi: Fallen Order, loads of requests for Cal and others during November.

Fast forward to today and requests for those have dropped considerably and have been replaced by talk of Clone Wars again, mostly due to the new season that is upcoming.

In short, it depends entirely on the time frame that you're looking at, as requests will come in waves based on what is happening within the community as well as the wider Star Wars universe.

So it's not Ahsoka and Ventress? Or Jyn and Krennic? Those are what I see the most of anyway, and I am on both Reddit and the forums.

He said Clone Wars heros have been requested so Ahsoka and Ventress

I mean they are at the top of every poll I've ever seen anyway.
  • @F8RGE Hi there. I don't know if you have answered this yet but are you planning on releasing the 3-4 month road map with this next CT or is that something that will come in early February?
  • jo_achim747
    2186 posts Member
    edited January 27
    @F8RGE Hi there. I don't know if you have answered this yet but are you planning on releasing the 3-4 month road map with this next CT or is that something that will come in early February?

I really do not mean this offensive, but it has been discussed literally 5 messages earlier :D
    @F8RGE thanks for the polite reply :) I agree on most of what you said and understand / can relate to it. However, it maybe would be nice to give us an outline of the next month. You know, like
    - giving us the CT for January Update one day before Jan Update
    - let January Update roll out (pun for BB8 intendend ;) )
    - one day after January Update give us a stripped down version of what to expect from February as next month

Like no details, but will we see
    - a map
    - a new planet
    - a new mode
    - an era focus shift
    - new units
    - new weapons

Maybe something like this? Would definetly keep us more hyped rather than: "See you next month", you know?

We aim to give a brief outline of what's coming in February in the next CT. So we're thinking along the same lines.

A really longer roadmap won't come, as F8RGE has stated. You can read it up quite close to the message I have linked :)
    Wanna read how Starfighters could be introduced to CS in a fair manner? Read-up on it here: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/153390/how-to-properly-introduce-starfighters-to-cs#latest

Want to support Starfighter content in general? Help us here: https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/evnc78/starfighters_reborn/
  • @F8RGE Hi there. I don't know if you have answered this yet but are you planning on releasing the 3-4 month road map with this next CT or is that something that will come in early February?

I really do not mean this offensive, but it has been discussed literally 5 messages earlier :D
    @F8RGE thanks for the polite reply :) I agree on most of what you said and understand / can relate to it. However, it maybe would be nice to give us an outline of the next month. You know, like
    - one day after January Update give us a stripped down version of what to expect from February as next month

- a map
    - a new planet
    - a new mode
    - an era focus shift
    - new units
    - new weapons

Maybe something like this? Would definetly keep us more hyped rather than: "See you next month", you know?

We aim to give a brief outline of what's coming in February in the next CT. So we're thinking along the same lines.

A really longer roadmap won't come, as F8RGE has stated. You can read it up quite close to the message I have linked :)

Ah see I was asking about the longer roadmaps we usually get. A breif outline to me isn't a roadmap.

- a map
    - a new planet
    - a new mode
    - an era focus shift
    - new units
    - new weapons

Ah see I was asking about the longer roadmaps we usually get. A breif outline to me isn't a roadmap.

Yeah to me neither, but the points he listed on why we won't see a longer roadmap and more of a monthly update instead are relatable and justified. So I'd rather take the monthly look-aheads rather than having nothing :)
    Wanna read how Starfighters could be introduced to CS in a fair manner? Read-up on it here: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/153390/how-to-properly-introduce-starfighters-to-cs#latest

Want to support Starfighter content in general? Help us here: https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/evnc78/starfighters_reborn/

- a map
    - a new planet
    - a new mode
    - an era focus shift
    - new units
    - new weapons

Yeah to me neither, but the points he listed on why we won't see a longer roadmap and more of a monthly update instead are relatable and justified. So I'd rather take the monthly look-aheads rather than having nothing :)

True.
    Will we see a roadmap update for the upcoming month, or is it something that has been off the table already ? Thanks in advance!

Living and evolving is something that has happened quite a bit over the last year. We've had various forms of roadmap, starting the static image variant.

At the time this is what everyone was asking for, but in truth it backed us into a corner on a number of things. Game development is still too fluid and as a result we ended up moving things around (for the better), which caused extreme negativity. Think back to what happened when we confirmed CS was being moved, wasn't nice. Was totally the right move though.

At the same time there are always things that we want to do, that we think we can do, but we're still only 90% sure we can do. ARC Troopers are a good example of this. They weren't on the roadmap originally, and while they may have been a great surprise (it was a good moment when we revealed them) it perhaps didn't make up for the negativity surrounding "is this it?" when the roadmap image was published.

In short, while roadmaps may seem like a great idea I strongly believe that they don't benefit anyone, both player and developer. Especially if you're talking long term, where player wants and desires change over time.

That said, we have seen that publishing short term updates via articles and on our website, which works a lot better in my opinion. By doing it in a more compacted timeline we have a much more locked down viewpoint of what is happening, which is good for everyone involved.

In short, we will be talking more about what's coming next in due time.

To sum up all of the information you have passed in this thread - thank you. I have been asking about more detailed survey results, how you make decisions, etc. for two years. It may be tedious to provide more detailed information on these subjects, but it makes everything much more transparent. Despite what appeared to be more communication, there was still a lot of "where are these guys coming up with this stuff??" This is the other communication we have been seeking: feedback based on specific results and this how and why you do what you do. Appreciate it. Please make CT's that are based strictly on feedback, the planned way forward and in the thread being able truly have a voice in it. Understand I can't always get what I want, but if you can show that's how the majority is trending, then I got it.
  • F8RGE
    1050 posts EA Community Manager
    Feelee16 wrote: »
    @F8RGE Not sure if this was already answered but Is it possible to release the population numbers to us at all? Like an actual number on platforms?

Afraid not, there are multiple reasons why I can't detail player numbers. This is the type of thing that sometimes gets detailed during EAs financial / investor calls.
  • Lyc4n
    1887 posts Member
    @F8RGE youve done alot of great communicating on here and its very greatly appreciated. If i could ask for one thing though. At the moment everyone is almost taking ahsoka for granted as a hero and hype is building even if we try to svoid it. Youve shot down characters for less in the past so im hoping that if there are plans for her short term, you include it in the guidlines of future content u said earlier, ie new heroes in the bear future. and if there are no plans just say it in one of the discussions of her. It would be really disappointing to not have any word on it and when it gets to it shes not there. I know you have certain rules on how you can release information, but hopefully you can find a little way around it to manage the community hype please.
    Feelee16 wrote: »

Afraid not, there are multiple reasons why I can't detail player numbers. This is the type of thing that sometimes gets detailed during EAs financial / investor calls.

I see, appreciate the response
    ur9uulae4dqx.gif
  • F8RGE
    PO1977 wrote: »
    This means that we’ve seen a 20% increase on players NOT experiencing disruptive behaviour.

I do believe you are wrong about your interpretation of the data. The surveys can not give you that clear of an answer, on any question for that matter, because the individuals that comprise the different sub-groups are not the same from one survey to the next. You can infer from the answers you get that roughly x or y % goes up or down, but really you can't be sure.

And, of course, there is no metric for the people who do not vote because what they want is not catered to...

Data is a great tool but it must be put into the right context (s). ✌️

That's correct. As mentioned elsewhere we never take survey results for 100% gospel truth, but more guidelines (like the pirate code I guess).

IS why we always cross reference from other data streams, feedback from elsewhere and that sort of thing.
  • Can you please tell us what percentage of players answer those surveys? And why not make surveys accessible in game?
    Thanks for sharing.

I missed it off the list, sorry. Extraction came in at 5.62. There are no plans to move it away from its current playlist location.

Very disappointing. If you can pass along a change request for that it would be appreciated. Seems like such a simple thing to do. Not sure why it's actively being hidden.
  • It makes so much sense that Extraction and SFA are at the bottom of requests, many agree they would like new content for both modes, but when it is time what do they vote on? Skins, reinforcements, and maps for CS or GA, that's the truth, the same goes for new weapons, all want that but nobody is ready to put that above a hero skin
  • General_Trex
    396 posts Member
    edited January 28
    The survey didn't ask anything about instant action, which is the offline mode I've long awaited for.
    Vehicles are coming, what about other updates?
    Post edited by General_Trex on
  • Ben, we really apreciatte the data. Really. It's great that you sick around here sometimes because many of us don't use reddit.

But, in the most polite way, I will bring up another intepretation of the data. We pilots are few, thats what the survey said. Ok. But we are here since launch, with just 6 maps. No skins. No reinforcements. And de are still here. That say something. Something really powerfull, if I can add. Let put It this way: I really doubt that trooper players would stick to the game for two years without new content (skins, héroes, modes, Maps...) But we are. Many Will play this game even if SA receive 0 content. Thats a strong relationship with a game.

It would be interesting to have a survey for Hero/trooper players asking them if they will still play the game without new content. We pilots don't need that hipothetical survey, we actually still play the game.

So, once again, we are not asking for the moon. Im no dev but I could imagine that el 3xp permanent for SA, rework HSF in a TDM way and enable ships/Hero ships in co op (which would hurt nobody because is pve Mode) wouldnt need so many time/resources. It's a no brainer for us and we don't get why cant we have those simple things even if we are few (so the surveys says).

Again, thanks for beeing around. I hope we pilots can hold on playing this beautiful but I honestly have to say that it's more frustraiting and disturbing for us every day we have nothing. Sad.
  • Genin
    633 posts Member
    Amonraul wrote: »
    Ben, we really apreciatte the data. Really. It's great that you sick around here sometimes because many of us don't use reddit.

But, in the most polite way, I will bring up another intepretation of the data. We pilots are few, thats what the survey said. Ok. But we are here since launch, with just 6 maps. No skins. No reinforcements. And de are still here. That say something. Something really powerfull, if I can add. Let put It this way: I really doubt that trooper players would stick to the game for two years without new content (skins, héroes, modes, Maps...) But we are. Many Will play this game even if SA receive 0 content. Thats a strong relationship with a game.

It would be interesting to have a survey for Hero/trooper players asking them if they will still play the game without new content. We pilots don't need that hipothetical survey, we actually still play the game.

So, once again, we are not asking for the moon. Im no dev but I could imagine that el 3xp permanent for SA, rework HSF in a TDM way and enable ships/Hero ships in co op (which would hurt nobody because is pve Mode) wouldnt need so many time/resources. It's a no brainer for us and we don't get why cant we have those simple things even if we are few (so the surveys says).

Again, thanks for beeing around. I hope we pilots can hold on playing this beautiful but I honestly have to say that it's more frustraiting and disturbing for us every day we have nothing. Sad.

Agree... I understand giving priority where requests are more focused... But I don't think it's fair provide contents for all the same requests every update.

Who asked for heroes received many since the game come out (including the ones coming this week), CS arrived and received 4 maps + 2 (or 3?) coming soon. Who ask for coop had it, with new maps and new features coming soon. All very good. But @F8RGE, don't you think it's time to make also the other players happy? Pilots are waiting since the release of the game, we are a really solid fan base and not even so small, I always find matches in seconds at any time of the day (on ps4 at least, where I play). I' m sure we could even grow in numbers, but it's difficult without any support to the mode.
    We have been also cut off from CS, while any other unit of the game is there.
  • Lyc4n
    1887 posts Member
    Genin wrote: »
    Ben, we really apreciatte the data. Really. It's great that you sick around here sometimes because many of us don't use reddit.

Agree... I understand giving priority where requests are more focused... But I don't think it's fair provide contents for all the same requests every update.

Who asked for heroes received many since the game come out (including the ones coming this week), CS arrived and received 4 maps + 2 (or 3?) coming soon. Who ask for coop had it, with new maps and new features coming soon. All very good. But @F8RGE, don't you think it's time to make also the other players happy? Pilots are waiting since the release of the game, we are a really solid fan base and not even so small, I always find matches in seconds at any time of the day (on ps4 at least, where I play). I' m sure we could even grow in numbers, but it's difficult without any support to the mode.

I see the issues with this but i also understand dices position. From a business standpoint it would cost alot to put the same amount of resources into something benefiting the minority compared to the majority. Starfighter content would most likely also cost more because they would have to bring criterion back. What ea should do is make a starfighter only game where that game style can get more modes and a lot more content for that fanbase which is so commited.

In my opinion the diversity of units in battlefront 2 is the best and worste thing for the game. They have to cover:
    Troopers
    Reinforcements
    Vehicles
    Heroes
    Starfighters.
    X2 for faction
    Then X3 for eras.

It allows for a lot of diversity but it also leads to each thing feeling like theres never quite enough unfortunately.

I mean think about all the infantry players that still have the same guns. Same boat as starfighter players almost. Imagine how much content the game could have if it was only for one era. It could be half the current games content and still feel like it has more than it currently has.
  • Nice info here. I wish there were more answers on things specific like the results of your surveys.

@F8RGE I would like to know if there's plans to follow on from these surveys and do what is voted for? You see maps are a big talking point for the big MODES (plural). But it seems we're only getting maps for CS and not GA. I don't know about the numbers, but I'd imagine GA has a higher play rate than CS does. Are you betting on CS for the future and not GA? And regarding maps, there's maps in this game that are not used in multiplayer.

There's assets in the Campain that could be used for multiplayer easily. You have fan-favorite's in Sullust and Bespin (at night I might add). There's beautiful work done on Vardos and Pillio and the Resurgent Star Destroyer... yet we're stuck playing them in a single player mode with no one online to enjoy them with. Is this something that's too hard for the team to do? Is there something prohibiting these maps being added to MP? And the weapons in these missions as well?
  • Lyc4n wrote: »

I see the issues with this but i also understand dices position. From a business standpoint it would cost alot to put the same amount of resources into something benefiting the minority compared to the majority. Starfighter content would most likely also cost more because they would have to bring criterion back. What ea should do is make a starfighter only game where that game style can get more modes and a lot more content for that fanbase which is so commited.

In my opinion the diversity of units in battlefront 2 is the best and worste thing for the game. They have to cover:
    Troopers
    Reinforcements
    Vehicles
    Heroes
    Starfighters.
    X2 for faction
    Then X3 for eras.

It allows for a lot of diversity but it also leads to each thing feeling like theres never quite enough unfortunately.

I mean think about all the infantry players that still have the same guns. Same boat as starfighter players almost. Imagine how much content the game could have if it was only for one era. It could be half the current games content and still feel like it has more than it currently has.

Still do not know where the believe came from that for new SFA content Criterion has to come back. Simply not the case. Criterion developed the mechanics. The mechanics are not changed, it is added up on it, like modify variables, design new maps, link everything up to the game / level manager, create new models and so on. Nothing DICE could not do.

Other than that, yes - it is somewhat a risk, but it would also bring back old players and flight enthusiast if a proper update for the mode is dropped. Since then more attention is drawn to it and more people would feel like: uh nice, 2 new maps, new targets, new ships, customization maybe, ... Not saying they should only focus on SFA or star fighters in general from now on, but at some point this year it would really be nice.

Nice info here. I wish there were more answers on things specific like the results of your surveys.

@F8RGE I would like to know if there's plans to follow on from these surveys and do what is voted for? You see maps are a big talking point for the big MODES (plural). But it seems we're only getting maps for CS and not GA. I don't know about the numbers, but I'd imagine GA has a higher play rate than CS does. Are you betting on CS for the future and not GA? And regarding maps, there's maps in this game that are not used in multiplayer.

There's assets in the Campain that could be used for multiplayer easily. You have fan-favorite's in Sullust and Bespin (at night I might add). There's beautiful work done on Vardos and Pillio and the Resurgent Star Destroyer... yet we're stuck playing them in a single player mode with no one online to enjoy them with. Is this something that's too hard for the team to do? Is there something prohibiting these maps being added to MP? And the weapons in these missions as well?

CS is the most played mode.

Single Player maps are usually made to higher quality than multiplayer which makes a direct port non-straightforward. We have to lower the quality of multiplayer assets because you have a lot more people running around as opposed to just yourself.

Given our player numbers steadily rise it makes sense that we keep doing the content that keeps people coming to the game and also coming back to play. We can see that when brand new players join they go straight for the likes of CS, Co-Op, HvV etc

Thanks for taking the time to answer so many questions. Very cool of you.
  • So here’s the big question @F8RGE
    Regardless of polling or popularity is it safe to say that Starfighter content will no longer be a part of this game’s future content? And is it even possible to create a basic coop version with the existing assets? I think I already know the answers but I know a lot of pilots on here have been holding onto hope. I’d also like to add I’m very thankful you have turned this thread into everything we could of hoped for and more!
  • F8RGE
    CT_93921 wrote: »
    So here’s the big question @F8RGE
    Regardless of polling or popularity is it safe to say that Starfighter content will no longer be a part of this game’s future content? And is it even possible to create a basic coop version with the existing assets? I think I already know the answers but I know a lot of pilots on here have been holding onto hope. I’d also like to add I’m very thankful you have turned this thread into everything we could of hoped for and more!

I can't comment on future content simply because there are so many factors at play. Things could be getting lined up for announce, plans might not be 100% locked and so forth.

Making a basic Co-Op version of the mode would not be a trivial task. Right now we do have no plans to bring any additional modes to the game, we're already feeling like we have too many in some cases.
    Nice info here. I wish there were more answers on things specific like the results of your surveys.

CS is the most played mode.

Single Player maps are usually made to higher quality than multiplayer which makes a direct port non-straightforward. We have to lower the quality of multiplayer assets because you have a lot more people running around as opposed to just yourself.

Given our player numbers steadily rise it makes sense that we keep doing the content that keeps people coming to the game and also coming back to play. We can see that when brand new players join they go straight for the likes of CS, Co-Op, HvV etc

Interesting. But I find it hard to believe CS is the most played mode. Maybe since it's inception but I think that's because there's new maps on there and not GA. As for the maps and those in the Campaign, is it impossible to 'water down' those maps and make them for CS or GA or HvV etc.? I know I'm not alone in this because there's been numerous threads here and on other sites like Reddit asking for the Campaign maps to come to MP. This would check off a lot of boxes too since it would be new content even though the content is already in the game. I know many people who have played this game didn't bother doing the rest of the (added) story. There's also that Star Destroyer interior which would work well for CS.

Also you didn't say anything about the weapons in the campaign. Are they hard to port over or is that a separate issue? (Really just want the T-21!) ;)
  • lowell
    2405 posts Member
    @F8RGE Is the team interested in making Batuu maps for the game? You guys visited Disneyland's version of Galaxy's Edge last year but I was wondering if you were aware of discussions about possibilities of Galaxy's Edge tying in with the game:

I'd love to play the Rise of the Resistance ride as a CS map since I won't have any opportunity to visit the parks anytime soon.

Even Black Spire Outpost is a good map for most of the modes in the game, both infantry and hero ones.
  • killerzf7
    751 posts Member
    edited January 27
    One thing that I find myself wondering sometimes regarding Starfighter related content is, what about Criterion? Why not bring them back.

I understand that DICE will be working on Ground Combat because:

•It is in popular demand from the playerbase.

•Ground Combat is DICE’s speciality.

But again, why not bring back Criterion Games for more Starfighter content?

While DICE works on the Ground content, Criterion works on Starfighter content?
  • Alwe15
    2400 posts Member
    Thank you for the detailed responses @F8RGE.

I've used insightful for most of them. Correctly.
  • Alwe15 wrote: »

Doesn't matter everyone will see it as LOL
  • killerzf7 wrote: »
    One thing that I find myself wondering sometimes regarding Starfighter related content is, what about Criterion? Why not bring them back.

The answer is quite obvious, it costs money
  • I'm sure with droidekas added and the upcoming vehicle AI, Instant Action will score higher on the surveys. It's my go to mode, but bugs, incomplete hero, vehicle and droideka AI cause me to personally score it lower than I would score itnow. Once all of those things are rectified/added, I can easily see myself rating it much higher.
  • Alwe15
    2400 posts Member
    Alwe15 wrote: »

Doesn't matter everyone will see it as LOL

Hence the comment for clarity.

Weakest "LOL" ever.
  • Chico
    729 posts Member
    Now with some additional numbers:

When we've previously asked you what type of content you would prefer over all other types, we got some interesting results.
    • New Planets for the bigger / assault modes: 9.16
    • Heroes: 8.6
    • Reinforcements: 8.5
    • Quality of Life: 8.4
    • Appearances: 8.2
    • Weapons: 7.8
    • Hero Based Maps: 6.93
    • Starfighter content: 5.45
    • New Game Modes: 5.2

Earlier you mentioned extraction was rated low, but I don't even see it listed, unless it counts under new game modes? Assuming it never gets new maps or any attention, is there any reason it can't be unmerged from strike? Curious why that decision was even made. If Ewok hunt can get it's own tile, why can't this mode? I feel like that's a very simple change that would make many of us happy.

Then please, could you remove the daily challenge of 10 kills around the payload? It's annoyingly regular I get this and it just reminds me I can't play this fantastic mode. It was a fan favourite and could still have been if you had added a handful of maps. RIP extraction 🐣.
  • F8RGE
    killerzf7 wrote: »

Criterion are their own studio, working on their own stuff. It's rarely feasible to shift an entire studio onto something else.
  • @F8RGE I know this is a reoccurring question throughout this game launching, but much like community requests your game development is also an ever-changing entity. Has there been any recent talks of porting additional content from 2015 such as DLC maps and/or heroes? (Specific eye towards Rogue One -- which I know you're a fan of)

Also, any talks of zoning other locations of GA maps for HvV? Realistically there could be at least 3 different locations per map. Several have noted that the hero introductions on some maps (ie. Endor) showcase a different location on the main map.
  • IIPrest0nII
    5327 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    It was really interesting to read this thread. A lot of information I learned today. Like most here I'd also like to see such info often, maybe on a regular basis, if possible of course.

Thank you !
    Star Wars Battlefront Community Forums Moderator
  • ROMG4
    4702 posts Member

No plans to make additional HvV areas from the same planet. We are however looking to rework a couple of HvV maps, most notably Geonosis.

We asked the question in a survey a while back on which HvV planets you enjoyed. We used this data, along side community feedback and in-game telemetry to identify those we wanted to change. Geonosis was the clear winner though.

bX0DOM.gif

I've waited a long time for this rework
    OOM-9 FOR LEGO STAR WARS
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    Bring OOM-9, Hondo, Bo Katan, Mara Jade, Dengar, IG-88, Greedo, Zam Wessel General Veers, Tarkin and Rogue One, into the game we must. The way this is
    Tell Me. Have You Ever Heard Of The Tragedy Of Darth Coyler The Wise?
    A OOM-9 Thread!
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/152598/the-oom-9-vs-jar-jar-season

Episode 9's Ending
    https://us.v-cdn.net/6025735/uploads/editor/15/zs312vl0xftg.jpeg

Criterion are their own studio, working on their own stuff. It's rarely feasible to shift an entire studio onto something else.

Awe. :(

I mean, understand the whole separate studio, separate project thing. I was just really hoping for a chance to hear that it is possible to bring them back.

Thanks anyway for the reply.

And happy cake day over on Reddit.
  • @F8RGE CT today?

@F8RGE, is it possible for Dice (in case you would decide to) to create new contents for starfighters, or without criterion is out of question?

Are considering the idea of creating new galactic assault maps or you are entirely focus on capital supremacy? In case it would be possibile for you adding starfighters like already happens in some GS maps? Thank you very much
  • F8RGE
    @F8RGE CT today?

Not today.
  • F8RGE

@F8RGE, is it possible for Dice (in case you would decide to) to create new contents for starfighters, or without criterion is out of question?

Are considering the idea of creating new galactic assault maps or you are entirely focus on capital supremacy? In case it would be possibile for you adding starfighters like already happens in some GS maps? Thank you very much

We have control over the entire game.

Right now the focus is on CS and Co-Op. Could also add in HvV and IA in there too.

We have control over the entire game.

Right now the focus is on CS and Co-Op. Could also add in HvV and IA in there too.

I see, thanks for the answer
  • @F8RGE

I've been hanging onto hope for IA updates. Is there anything you wouldn't mind addressing?

Instant Action Updates:
    - Greater AI Count
    - Vehicle AI release date
    - Customisation; ie heroes locked, unbalanced team sizes, class & reinforcement limit/removal
    - AI Skin Selection/Randomizer
    - Starfighters added <- this was mentioned awhile back as "we'll see"
    - Splitscreen support <- I've seen this addressed as difficult from a technical standpoint, any progress here?