criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Star Wars Battlefront II - The BB Update & Age of Rebellion on the way

Replies

• Passionate Strike nerf... To compensate, improve the range, to something similar to Luke's Rush.

With the Droidka's enhanced shield, it will last an extra 0.05 seconds...

F8RGE wrote: »
    [*] Characters are now getting into movement faster when getting up after a push effect.

I hope that doesn't affect my usual combo with Luke.

• di5u5oshrfjr.png
    Do you know the difference between an error and a mistake? Anyone can make an error. But that error doesn't become a mistake until you refuse to correct it.

72aob7b857pp.png
  • RogueZeroRendar
    2861 posts Member
    edited January 31
    All in all many good stuff there, I'm surprised
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Tired of BUGs?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, they'll still exist.
    But visit the Rogue Bros Channel , there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)
  • Thanks for the nerf of the Emperor. We all love him, but he was a bit to good to remain unchanged. i don't really like playing OP characters.

Plz take a look at GG and Vader next. The stamina draining bug fix is welcomed but he need some more work and nerfs. Vader is to good in HvV. Needs nerf.
  • All in all many good stuff there, I'm surprised

@RogueZeroRendar Hey do you know what the current officer assist points are for one assist? So it can be compared against once the change is made.

@RogueZeroRendar Hey do you know what the current officer assist points are for one assist? So it can be compared against once the change is made.

It's 100 points. 121 with Bounty Hunter on
    Tired of BUGs?

Well, they'll still exist.
    But visit the Rogue Bros Channel , there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)
  • Great update overall ... I am just a bit disappointed with the Droideka buff.
    50 shield HP more will be barely recognized. And why give rolling a damage reduction, which is already pretty safe?
    I would much rather have a stronger shield and some more range.

This is actually a greater change than a shield buff (50 more isn't gunna really do anything, can just ignore it), I thought it was going to be 25%, but 50% is pretty important.

It's basically a "catch all" change that fixes and improves a couple things;
    • It helps solve of the issue of their massive hit box (it's huge, not hard to hit in roll, it's actually very unsafe because of the size) and transform animation speed.
    • Saber heroes don't totally gimp you now (big one): Right now if you're hit with a saber or force power CC (any CC really) you're instantly brought to a halt even at full speed roll which easily results in death. Now it won't instantly be a death sentence with their wacky lunges springing at you when you try to get away after the first hit, and at full health it'll take 5-6 hits to kill you instead of 3-4.

It kiiiiinda helps the range issue because it improves their ability to approach someone w/o dying on top of roll speed, but that's not 100% true in all cases.
  • All I need is Mustafar and I’ll be happy now lol. Hell, you can do 2 versions. A Clone Wars era map set at the Separatist Base from ROTS and another Empire era set at Vader’s Castle. Maybe do one for GA and one for Supremacy. We have two Geonosis maps like that and Mustafar is a fan favorite. Probably moreso than Scarif (not that I’m complaining)

It's 100 points. 121 with Bounty Hunter on

Ok thanks. I think only a minimum nerf of 50 points would mitigate the points they get at the start for nothing. I'd estimate 2 assists per buff on average and about 4 or 5 combat buffs before they hit 4k points. So 400 - 500 nerf to points before they're able to get a hero.
  • What's the size of the update on PS4?
  • I hope if the maps not induced in supremacy will at least come to Instant Action in one form or another. Even if its a massive team deathmatch where a large portion of the map is open that would be cool.
  • Wait, so Scarif and the Death Star are the only OT maps were getting in Supremacy?

If that’s true, kinda disappointing. I was hoping for Hoth, Tatooine, Yavin IV and Endor
  • Great update! By the sound of it, it seems like the OT content wont be so drip fed like the PT content was. I thought the second February update was just gonna be skins or something, because of the delayed January update and that fact that it comes with so much content in one update.... but i guess that wont stop them, the OT Co-op and Scarif?!?! I was like whaaat! This game is now starting to get better for me, it was good at first, then the drip fed PT content just killed the hype i had for future content for this game.... but now the OT content doesn't seem so drip fed, and some hype/hope is coming back to me for this game. :smiley:
    Ahsoka for Battlefront 2. Kanan Jarrus for Battlefront 2.
    rcar0gljuaad.png
    Kanan is more of your cool kinda Jedi... not so weird/wise as most of the Jedi were like on the council. Kanan also owned a cantina at some point before he met Hera.
  • Does that mean we are only getting 2 maps for Old Trilogy Supremacy????
  • So Director Krennic and Jyn Erso are coming to Battlefront II as well?
    Video games, music and movies for life!
  • Chio
    1 posts Member
    edited February 1
    Insane how you left ga behind. I was so happy to have Scarif in the game, but only for Cs and even the Era selector is only for cs and coop. I just wanna have fun in ga, but the mode is totaly left behind, full of hackers and at st destroys you. Thats not funny, it's [removed]
    Post edited by IIPrest0nII on
  • Niiice. Can't wait for more Instant Action content. It's getting better and better. Just hope we get AI vehicles soon!
  • @F8RGE
    What heroes will be available for Resistance era Supremacy? Will Chewie and Palps be added?
  • Any chance of getting scarif and felucia in GA? It would be really nice to see some content for GA again.
    I really love the work you do for the game
  • What about Star fighter Assault?
    It's been 2 years without content

Like those naboo fighters, I'd like to see them in Starfighter Assult
  • clubprivat wrote: »
    So Director Krennic and Jyn Erso are coming to Battlefront II as well?

I hope so
  • Neonred_90 wrote: »
    This is actually a greater change than a shield buff (50 more isn't gunna really do anything, can just ignore it), I thought it was going to be 25%, but 50% is pretty important.

It's basically a "catch all" change that fixes and improves a couple things;
    • It helps solve of the issue of their massive hit box (it's huge, not hard to hit in roll, it's actually very unsafe because of the size) and transform animation speed.
    • Saber heroes don't totally gimp you now (big one): Right now if you're hit with a saber or force power CC (any CC really) you're instantly brought to a halt even at full speed roll which easily results in death. Now it won't instantly be a death sentence with their wacky lunges springing at you when you try to get away after the first hit, and at full health it'll take 5-6 hits to kill you instead of 3-4.

It kiiiiinda helps the range issue because it improves their ability to approach someone w/o dying on top of roll speed, but that's not 100% true in all cases.

At this state I take everything I can get as Droideka, but it's still disappointing.

I don't know, when I got killed in wheel-shape the last time ... doesn't happen really often. You are fast and nimble, so most shots miss. This main issue is still remaining. You don't have the standing power you need, to justify damage drop-off starting at 10m and dealing only ludacris 5 damage at 30m. You need to get up-close, be next to immobile, big frame, very short range and insufficient shield HP.

Rolling even safer doesn't fix the problems.
  • Wait, so Scarif and the Death Star are the only OT maps were getting in Supremacy?

If that’s true, kinda disappointing. I was hoping for Hoth, Tatooine, Yavin IV and Endor

And adding jeddah would be cool imo as well as u mentioned
  • "Rounding out January will also be two new heroes: BB-8 and BB-9E"
    Maybe I just haven't got the update but it seems like Its the end of the month and we don't have the droids yet... Don't make promises you wont keep.
  • Neyu
    11 posts Member
    No mention of fixing the que system??
    I'm done with this game
    Goodbye

OF COURSE NOT, WHAT DIDN'T YOU GET IN :

KNOWN ISSUES

Visual streaming issues can be noticed when first transporting to the capital ships on Jakku, Takodana and Ajan Kloss.
    An issue is preventing audio from being played when previewing the BB-8 and BB-9E emotes in the Frontend menu.

THERE'S ONLY 2 BUGS IN THIS GAME RIGHT NOW :smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile:
  • please tell me you arent ditching new galactic assault maps for galactic civil war era
  • TonysWarrior
    96 posts Member
    edited January 31
    You should seriously STOP nerfing light side heroes and buffing Vader. Vader is already OP as hell in HvV, now he will be basically immortal while Anakin's stamina was already so bad and now will be even worse. I have a question to you all devs. Do you play HvV or not? Or better, do you play your own game or not? Because it looks like you don't know what to do to balance it.
  • Chio wrote: »
    and at st destroys you.
    You have to equip Heavy with ion Turret and Ion Torpedo, those AT-STs don't stand a chance against them!

"Rise."
  • So... is OT CS basically just Instant Action now? But online? Or is there a second phase that takes place elsewhere on the map? @F8RGE
  • At this state I take everything I can get as Droideka, but it's still disappointing.

I don't know, when I got killed in wheel-shape the last time ... doesn't happen really often. You are fast and nimble, so most shots miss. This main issue is still remaining. You don't have the standing power you need, to justify damage drop-off starting at 10m and dealing only ludacris 5 damage at 30m. You need to get up-close, be next to immobile, big frame, very short range and insufficient shield HP.

Rolling even safer doesn't fix the problems.

They really aren't hard to hit on the move, most players just have atrocious aim, just lead shots slightly more and aim lower to ground and you'll hit them easily; can't defend themselves either during so you can just take your time.

Droideka's are weird because they're a hit and run enforcer who isn't really meant to stay close and duke it out with people like the rest (especially with lack of a explosive ability). I agree though that they should have better range starting at 15 meters instead of 10 meters, gives them more room to dip out when people turn on you.

The 50% DR though I know will be pretty huge for gameplay, especially with the Survivalist card.
  • Psy3d
    1208 posts Member
    ANAKIN SKYWALKER
    • Pressure star card – reduced value from 10-20-30-40 to 10-15-20-25.
    • Reduced Passionate Strike first strike damage on troopers and reinforcements from 130 to 70.
    • Reduced Passionate Strike damage on troopers and reinforcements from 250 to 180.
    • Reduced the base damage of Heroic Impact to troopers and reinforcements from 120 to 100.
    • Massive Strikes Star card – Anakin Skywalker deals more damage with his lightsaber attack but his stamina costs are increased.

For the love of midi-chlorians...why did his PS even get a nerf? Like how many threads were there asking for this? The move hardly connects to anything unless they're standing there after a shock/stun. You guys didn't even tweak the animation yet gets a major nerf?!?

Btw Heroic Might is "impact" now? Did you guys fix the Luke style it hits nothing on uneven ground most of the times - issue with HM?

And his only last chosen one type star card, massive strike, gets a stamina nerf...the guy already has bad stamina regen and really bad saber strikes flow compared to any other saber heroes. He'll be super easy to outspam by every DS saber hero now :D

Rest In Nerfs chosen one o:)
  • Psy3d wrote: »
    ANAKIN SKYWALKER
    • Pressure star card – reduced value from 10-20-30-40 to 10-15-20-25.
    • Reduced Passionate Strike first strike damage on troopers and reinforcements from 130 to 70.
    • Reduced Passionate Strike damage on troopers and reinforcements from 250 to 180.
    • Reduced the base damage of Heroic Impact to troopers and reinforcements from 120 to 100.
    • Massive Strikes Star card – Anakin Skywalker deals more damage with his lightsaber attack but his stamina costs are increased.

For the love of midi-chlorians...why did his PS even get a nerf? Like how many threads were there asking for this? The move hardly connects to anything unless they're standing there after a shock/stun. You guys didn't even tweak the animation yet gets a major nerf?!?

Btw Heroic Might is "impact" now? Did you guys fix the Luke style it hits nothing on uneven ground most of the times - issue with HM?

And his only last chosen one type star card, massive strike, gets a stamina nerf...the guy already has bad stamina regen and really bad saber strikes flow compared to any other saber heroes. He'll be super easy to outspam by every DS saber hero now :D

Rest In Nerfs chosen one o:)

Surprised you didn't comment on the officer assist nerf. You must sweating in your boots wondering how big of a nerf it will be.
  • Wait, no boarding a Star Destroyer or an MC80? And that's because of a map? I certainly don't remember the part in RoS where a First Order Star Destroyer and a Resistance capital ship duked it out above that jungle planet, or people boarding them...

y'all can make it work, Battlefront is by no means canonical in multiplayer, it'd be amazing to see these interiors.
  • Illyrian_King
    147 posts Member
    edited January 31
    Neonred_90 wrote: »
    They really aren't hard to hit on the move, most players just have atrocious aim, just lead shots slightly more and aim lower to ground and you'll hit them easily; can't defend themselves either during so you can just take your time.

Droideka's are weird because they're a hit and run enforcer who isn't really meant to stay close and duke it out with people like the rest (especially with lack of a explosive ability). I agree though that they should have better range starting at 15 meters instead of 10 meters, gives them more room to dip out when people turn on you.

The 50% DR though I know will be pretty huge for gameplay, especially with the Survivalist card.

I don't know how oyu play them, but I barely get hit in wheely. I manouver a lot.

It's funny that you say "hit and run enforcer who isn't really meant to stay close and duke it out", when the don't deal any damage beyond 10m. Say what you want, they don't have the tools to practice the playstyle they are FORCED INTO.
  • What about the fixes to the AI still shooting while being rag dolled?
  • Kuikka wrote: »
    Looking forward to OT content (coop and supremacy). There's some good content coming, but some changes (or lack of them!) raise some questions as well. So,
    • still no AI vehicles in the coop mode
    • flametrooper is still pretty much useless (now we can see HOW useless, ha)
    • absence of star fighter content continues :( and it's funny that devs say "supremacy will have some ground battle only maps... hey, what else do we have? I see no air combat in the current ones!

Well Starfighter content was made by Criterion, not Dice, and they stopped working on the game a while ago. I guess Dice is too scared of messing of it cause it may mess up to a point that it's unfixable
  • Awesome update, except Palpatine and Anakin nerfs, they have been nerfed enough.
  • tukc0f32dd8w.jpg

> the return of Scarif rumor is :smile: hot-buttermilk-cupcakes... more rehab will be needed for this dude
    > Vader with a choke / attack is Rogue One Delicious
    > The entire update plus cupcakes and some leave-me-alone time is the right smoke
  • SCARIF!!!!! Add Jyn Erso, Krennic, plus new weapons(which you acknowledged), along with SFA and Extraction maps, along with fixing all the bugs and this would truly be a great game. Also out of pure curiosity why isn’t StarKiller Base and Crait not considered for Supremacy. The droids sound cool.
  • I know i may be alone with this but please consider adding a option to remove the White outline on enemies while playing kylo ren and other villans. And to remove the UI text it would make the game so much immersive. And please think about crait one of the best maps i played :)
  • Wow, sounds like the devs have been working hard to improve the game. I’m happy to see Co-op expanded because this is the most fun mode for me. Looking forward to seeing AI Droidekas! Also, I’m really pleased to see some OT content coming soon. After almost 2 years of playing it, BF2 is still my favorite game.
  • Yes this is what we need. Now all we need is OT Reinforcements.
    PSN is on my name.
  • Fantastic CT! I mean really, y’all have outdone yourselves! There is a lot of work put into this update. The news on OT Supremacy is awesome! No ships!

And you’ve addressed the Officer meta. I never thought you would. Well done, @F8RGE! We’ll done indeed!
  • Thanks... some decent content and bug fixes.
    CS not my thing so I’m hoping you work on some GA maps again one day.

With the AT-ST anti vehicle rocket still doing 420 damage and locking on. Can you just rename it to Anti Hero Rocket. Can’t remember ever seeing it be used on an actual vehicle.
  • So excited to see Scariff being added to the game soon! BB-8 and BB-9E sound like they will be very fun to play as (though a little disappointed BB-8 won't be hijacking AT-ST's :'( ) As well, fighting inside the MC80 and imperial star destroyer would've been fun. But I guess it's not a huge loss. Overall, very excited for the future of this game!
  • When are you going to fix Commando Droid being unable to deal damage to AT-TEs except through getting gold hit confirms through either hitting the pilot or front cannons?
  • Peepzilla
    1093 posts Member
    edited February 1
    You had me at Scarif <3@F8RGE

Hope this means we'll be getting Jyn and Krennic back, as he said they're "bringing it back." Do a straight port and give us *all* that good Rogue One stuff!
    Adricmb wrote: »
    Icemann wrote: »
    Why BB8 There is nothing special about being some tiny droid. I speak for everybody when Isay stupidest thing you guys could do

You speak for yourself buddy, probably more people prefers to have unique ways to play the game than the same thing over and over again with different face. Of course we would like to have Mace Windu, Qui Gon or Jango Fett, but first two are just another example of saber hero and Jango would be an almost exact copy of Boba, so yeah, nice to have them, but there have to be other priorities

I'll admit I wasn't a fan of adding droids as heroes, but after seeing this I'm genuinely curious and much more open-minded to it now. Was stuck thinking in terms of HvV that I failed to see how creative they could be for objective-focused game modes.