criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

This is the TRUE Reason why CHAIN LIGHTNING is so OP/Inconsistent Nowadays

Replies

• polarition wrote: »
    polarition wrote: »
    I actually think Chain Lightning SHOULD break blocks.

No 🤨

Palpatine has no way of getting through Saber blocks. Sabers can block for way too long of time with him. He needs a block breaker. Chain Lightning doesn't do too much damage and still breaks the block which is a good balance.

by that logic, all blasters should break block. seriously that's a terrible idea. he already melts stamina bars as it is, never mind block breaking.

He melts his own stamina bar. Have you played Palpatine? His stamina runs out far before any saber stamina does.

Have you faced an Anakin as palp?

Yep. Kill him every time.

No you said palp stamina runs out before any saber stamina does. That’s not true. Anakin says hello

1) What you just said is based completely on nothing but your own thoughts.
    2) No, Anakin's stamina didn't run out when I faced him as Palpatine LAST NIGHT

Uhhhhhh

It's too early in the morning for me to have to explain stamina regeneration, dodges and other factors that lead into a saber hero being able to block Palpatine's lightning for a longer period of time than it takes for his stamina to run out. You can go playtest yourself.

I think you need to playtest that my guy. “His stamina runs out before ANY saber user stamina runs out” is just another false statement. Surely you understand that

No 🤨

Palpatine has no way of getting through Saber blocks. Sabers can block for way too long of time with him. He needs a block breaker. Chain Lightning doesn't do too much damage and still breaks the block which is a good balance.

by that logic, all blasters should break block. seriously that's a terrible idea. he already melts stamina bars as it is, never mind block breaking.

He melts his own stamina bar. Have you played Palpatine? His stamina runs out far before any saber stamina does.

No you said palp stamina runs out before any saber stamina does. That’s not true. Anakin says hello

Uhhhhhh

It's too early in the morning for me to have to explain stamina regeneration, dodges and other factors that lead into a saber hero being able to block Palpatine's lightning for a longer period of time than it takes for his stamina to run out. You can go playtest yourself.

I think you need to playtest that my guy. “His stamina runs out before ANY saber user stamina runs out” is just another false statement. Surely you understand that

Yeah, no. I'm doing school work right now. I'm not going to turn on BF2 and go record proof of you being wrong again like I did with the battle points discussion (twice).

Like I said, go playtest on your own time, my dude.
    Do you know the difference between an error and a mistake? Anyone can make an error. But that error doesn't become a mistake until you refuse to correct it.

72aob7b857pp.png

No 🤨

Uhhhhhh

Yeah, no. I'm doing school work right now. I'm not going to turn on BF2 and go record proof of you being wrong again like I did with the battle points discussion (twice).

What did you prove? So you STILL think BP equal points on the scoreboard huh. Bounty Hunter card. Try it 😉. There’s 2 things you can playtest now, more HW.

No 🤨

Uhhhhhh

Nice copout tbh
    Baby Yoda is the absolute greatest character Disney has created.

Baby Yoda is love, Baby Yoda is life.

OOM-9 For Battlefront 2

No 🤨

Uhhhhhh

What did you prove? So you STILL think BP equal points on the scoreboard huh. Bounty Hunter card. Try it 😉. There’s 2 things you can playtest now, more HW.

Alright, here we go, since you're apparently going to keep responding with nonsense like that.

BP is equal to your scoreboard. I showed you that in the video. That is without the Bounty Hunter card. The purpose of the Bounty Hunter card is to give you an INCREASED BP gain compared to what you normally get. That is not going to be reflected on the scoreboard because it is not the base amount of BP you are actually supposed to get without it. The star card does not increase your score. Without it, your BP is capped at somewhere around 400. That is the cap. I already showed you it.

As I said, the purpose of the Bounty Hunter card is to give you INCREASED BP gain. I'm going to repeat it, cause I want to make sure you understand exactly what it is I am saying: the purpose of the Bounty Hunter card is to give you INCREASED BP gain.

The card would be USELESS if it did not exceed the 400 BP cap. That is why the card exists. That is why you get bonus BP when you have the card. It is a Star Card. That is its purpose. That's also why there are increased damage star cards.

Star. Cards. Do. Not. Change. Base. Amounts.

The BP cap is around 400. The scoreboard is equal to the amount of BP you get.
    Do you know the difference between an error and a mistake? Anyone can make an error. But that error doesn't become a mistake until you refuse to correct it.

72aob7b857pp.png

No 🤨

Uhhhhhh

Alright, here we go, since you're apparently going to keep responding with nonsense like that.

BP is equal to your scoreboard. I showed you that in the video. That is without the Bounty Hunter card. The purpose of the Bounty Hunter card is to give you an INCREASED BP gain compared to what you normally get. That is not going to be reflected on the scoreboard because it is not the base amount of BP you are actually supposed to get without it. The star card does not increase your score. Without it, your BP is capped at somewhere around 400. That is the cap. I already showed you it.

As I said, the purpose of the Bounty Hunter card is to give you INCREASED BP gain. I'm going to repeat it, cause I want to make sure you understand exactly what it is I am saying: the purpose of the Bounty Hunter card is to give you INCREASED BP gain.

The card would be USELESS if it did not exceed the 400 BP cap. That is why the card exists. That is why you get bonus BP when you have the card. It is a Star Card. That is its purpose. That's also why there are increased damage star cards.

You do realize that SAME thread Sadder posted a video proving everything you said not right, right?I’m sure you don’t remember but I can’t believe you’re still bringing this up LOL. I’ll find it one sec,

No 🤨

Uhhhhhh

You do realize that SAME thread Sadder posted a video proving everything you said not right, right?I’m sure you don’t remember but I can’t believe you’re still bringing this up LOL. I’ll find it one sec,

Amazing. You're still not getting it. Goodbye. Be happy. Go outside. Go enjoy the sun. Play some games. I don't care what you do, just go do something else with your time.

72aob7b857pp.png

No 🤨

Uhhhhhh

Is literally no BP cap.
  • There*

No 🤨

Uhhhhhh

Is literally no BP cap.

Ive hit like 600 BP with 1 charge. Thats with bounty hunter. Minus 120 and I would have gotten 480. Wheres the cap. I Dont see it.

OOM-9 For Battlefront 2

No 🤨

Uhhhhhh

Amazing. You're still not getting it. Goodbye. Be happy. Go outside. Go enjoy the sun. Play some games. I don't care what you do, just go do something else with your time.

https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/home/leaving?target=https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/cjegfk/casual_16k_bp_before_seeing_an_enemy_officer_is/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

Pls stop bringing this up now lol. 9 seconds is the best representation 🤙🏻
  • Back to palp now.

No 🤨

Uhhhhhh

Is literally no BP cap.

Sure, you're right.

72aob7b857pp.png
  • I still find it crazy about the mini map and the MAP it self dictates how the lightning goes through block. How does that even happen lol

No 🤨

Uhhhhhh

Is literally no BP cap.

Ive hit like 600 BP with 1 charge. Thats with bounty hunter. Minus 120 and I would have gotten 480. Wheres the cap. I Dont see it.

Gotcha. You're right.

72aob7b857pp.png
  • I still find it crazy about the mini map and the MAP it self dictates how the lightning goes through block. How does that even happen lol

Its the map direction combine with the fact that lightning goes behind people even when they block that makes it so crazy

OOM-9 For Battlefront 2

Its the map direction combine with the fact that lightning goes behind people even when they block that makes it so crazy

We were experiencing the FULL power of the dark side 👀👀

I suppose there's something about relative and absolute positioning playing a role here. Attacking from the front or behind is a matter of relative positioning, so it makes sense that if you're facing towards the source of an attack you can block it, but you can't if you're facing away from it.

But instead of the source of the attack being the relative point to be considered, there's no relative points, it's made in absolute coordinates, which could explain the directions that block properly and those that don't. But this is just a guess. The fact it's somewhat tilted and not aligned with any of N/E/S/W makes me believe there might be more to that.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Tired of BUGs?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, they'll still exist.
    But visit the Rogue Bros Channel , there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)

No 🤨

Uhhhhhh

Is literally no BP cap.

Sure, you're right.

I know.
  • So as far as Anakin and Palpatine, as long as Anakin does not have any steam roll built up, Palpatine can take all his stamina with his two handed lightning, activate dark Aura in dash through him to stop his Regen, meanwhile allowing his own stamina bar to fill back up, and proceeded to melt him easily.
  • @F8RGE @EA_Tom
    F8RGE wrote: »

EMPEROR PALPATINE
    • Fixed an issue where Chain Lightning could occasionally go through blocking.

Does this mean you fixed the BUG I exposed here? Please tell me it is this one indeed.
    Tired of BUGs?

But visit the Rogue Bros Channel , there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)
  • @F8RGE @EA_Tom

EMPEROR PALPATINE

Does this mean you fixed the BUG I exposed here? Please tell me it is this one indeed.

I was wondering this too - sounds like it
  • @F8RGE @EA_Tom

EMPEROR PALPATINE

mnow0u3nr8ea.jpg

72aob7b857pp.png
  • Palp is dead.

No skills players will have to go back to Iden. Unlucky.
    I am an Interspecies reviewer in training.
    @F8RGE @EA_Tom

EMPEROR PALPATINE

mnow0u3nr8ea.jpg
    Meerkat wrote: »
    Palp is dead.

Lol guys, I can see where you're coming from if we take the other changes, and no official block disabling perk for him.

But a BUG which would only make Chain Lightning hit depending in the geographical position the enemy is facing needs to go.
    Tired of BUGs?

@F8RGE @EA_Tom

EMPEROR PALPATINE

mnow0u3nr8ea.jpg
    Palp is dead.

Lol guys, I can see where you're coming from if we take the other changes, and no official block disabling perk for him.

But a BUG which would only make Chain Lightning hit depending in the geographical position the enemy is facing needs to go.

Palpatine is literally becoming as weak as Leia, now.

72aob7b857pp.png
  • @F8RGE @EA_Tom

EMPEROR PALPATINE

It can't mean anything else can it? Haha
  • @F8RGE @EA_Tom

EMPEROR PALPATINE

This type of logic doesn't usually work with Patch Updates on this game. Sometimes they fail to tackle it, other times they state something that has actually been postponed to a future patch but they somehow stated it in a previous one. And many times they tackle a BUG we're sure it's about one we are well aware of, but it actually refers to something completely different.

I hope it's neither of those cases, and that they finally made the Senate work normally again. I miss playing with him, even Vader now is more leveled then my Palpatine, and I only got back to Vader sometime after they made powers hit from behind a block.
    Tired of BUGs?

• @F8RGE @EA_Tom

EMPEROR PALPATINE

This type of logic doesn't usually work with Patch Updates on this game. Sometimes they fail to tackle it, other times they state something that has actually been postponed to a future patch but they somehow stated it in a previous one. And many times they tackle a BUG we're sure it's about one we are well aware of, but it actually refers to something completely different.

I hope it's neither of those cases, and that they finally made the Senate work normally again. I miss playing with him, even Vader now is more leveled then my Palpatine, and I only got back to Vader sometime after they made powers hit from behind a block.

True. They did say they fixed one issue. So perhaps there are more that also add up to all the times palps hits through block.

How come you wouldn't play palpatine because of that bug though? It's a bug that benefits him. Also all his other bugs that benefit him haha.
  • @F8RGE @EA_Tom

EMPEROR PALPATINE

True. They did say they fixed one issue. So perhaps there are more that also add up to all the times palps hits through block.

How come you wouldn't play palpatine because of that bug though? It's a bug that benefits him. Also all his other bugs that benefit him haha.

It doesn't necessarily benefits him, because even from behind it'll be blocked depending on the direction the enemy is facing. What it does is just create confusion as the skill is unreliable. And I don't like unreliability, I take most of my every small actions with calculated precision. Having one to fail due to randomness disrupts my concentration.
    Tired of BUGs?

• @F8RGE @EA_Tom

EMPEROR PALPATINE

It doesn't necessarily benefits him, because even from behind it'll be blocked depending on the direction the enemy is facing. What it does is just create confusion as the skill is unreliable. And I don't like unreliability, I take most of my every small actions with calculated precision. Having one to fail due to randomness disrupts my concentration.

Yes but I imagine the frequency of having the enemy facing you and having half the chance of being hit through block in that situation still occurs a lot more than hitting one from behind when they're blocking.
  • @F8RGE @EA_Tom

EMPEROR PALPATINE

Yes but I imagine the frequency of having the enemy facing you and having half the chance of being hit through block in that situation still occurs a lot more than hitting one from behind when they're blocking.

It's definetly worse for the defender, I totally agree. It hits more then it would if it was working as intended. As a defender I don't feel so bad about that because I can manipulate my orientation to always block palps. I can say most of the time it has worked, but sometimes I get hit even looking at the right direction. This BUG would need more research probably, but I'm hopeful it'll be fixed on Monday.
    Tired of BUGs?

• ROMG4
    5323 posts Member
    I don't understand why they could see this and think

Yes, we must take a damage point off of one handed force lightning
    OOM-9 FOR LEGO STAR WARS
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    Bring OOM-9, Hondo, Bo Katan, Mara Jade, Dengar, IG-88, Greedo, Zam Wessel General Veers, Tarkin and Rogue One, into the game we must. The way this is
    Tell Me. Have You Ever Heard Of The Tragedy Of Darth Coyler The Wise?
    A OOM-9 Thread!
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/152598/the-oom-9-vs-jar-jar-season

Episode 9's Ending
    https://us.v-cdn.net/6025735/uploads/editor/15/zs312vl0xftg.jpeg
  • Wolfman91
    957 posts Member
    edited January 31
    @F8RGE @EA_Tom

EMPEROR PALPATINE

mnow0u3nr8ea.jpg
    Palp is dead.

tumblr_inline_o58r6dmSfe1suaed2_500.gif

• Always the same with this game: a complete disaster about mechanics, poor description of abilities/star cards and a endless list of bugs.

If It wasnt a Star Wars franchise Game, It would be abandonated by players a long time ago. It's just silly and crazy how people (like this Hero) had unveil and discover the absurdity of the Frotbite engine.
  • Wolfman91 wrote: »
    @F8RGE @EA_Tom

EMPEROR PALPATINE

mnow0u3nr8ea.jpg
    Palp is dead.

With each nerf he's getting more and more useless.

72aob7b857pp.png
    Wolfman91 wrote: »
    @F8RGE @EA_Tom

EMPEROR PALPATINE

mnow0u3nr8ea.jpg
    Palp is dead.

You're talking about arguably best, most versitile and easiest to play as hero in the game and comparing him to arguably worst hero in the game.

He's getting nerfed now, which is totaly fine cause he deserved a nerf. Can't remember when he was nerfed last time, since all he got during last months was only stealth buffs and bugs that benefit him and make other heroes glitch lol.

Let's wait and see how good he will be after the nerf. I'm guessing he'll be still great but not unbalanced like he is now.
    @F8RGE @EA_Tom

EMPEROR PALPATINE

mnow0u3nr8ea.jpg
    Palp is dead.

You're talking about arguably best, most versitile and easiest to play as hero in the game and comparing him to arguably worst hero in the game.

He's getting nerfed now, which is totaly fine cause he deserved a nerf. Can't remember when he was nerfed last time, since all he got during last months was only stealth buffs and bugs that benefit him and make other heroes glitch lol.

Let's wait and see how good he will be after the nerf. I'm guessing he'll be still great but not unbalanced like he is now.

He was nerfed in the December update. Lost his ability to use his attack and skills at the same time.
    Tired of BUGs?

• Brace yourselves!

The video above shows all the evidence we need to be sure what's really going on. Since they made the change so Force Powers would hit a blocking enemy from behind, Chain Lightning has been beyond broken.

At first I thought it was an issue with the Show No Mercy Star Card. But it happens that I was wrong: I didn't make both tests (with and without the card) in the same place with the heroes facing the same directions. That was a serious mistake.

A few days ago I then revisisted this BUG and to my surprise this happened:
    giphy.gif

It wasn't making much sense. But then I realised what's going on and it can be seen in the video I posted above:

Chain Lightning will only hit a blocking enemy if he's facing certain directions on the map, while it won't hit in the other remaining directions. To be clearer:

jlvz8ga4tj8w.png

You can look at your radar to find the North and South, and then you can manipulate your facing position to always block Chain Lightning, even if Palpatine is casting it on your exposed back. It doesn't matter where you're on the map, it matters to where you're facing.

@F8RGE will this be fixed in the Palpatine changes for January 30th?

The BUG report for this can be found here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Chain-Lightning-Unreliability-BUG-Exposed/m-p/8673943#M27421

@EA_Tom
    If possible, forward this to the team with haste. Maybe we can get it fixed before February's patch

Good find. Nice work.
    @F8RGE @EA_Tom

EMPEROR PALPATINE

mnow0u3nr8ea.jpg
    Palp is dead.

He was nerfed in the December update. Lost his ability to use his attack and skills at the same time.

IMO it's more of a fix than nerf.
    since all he got during last months was only stealth buffs and bugs that benefit him and make other heroes glitch lol.

Still a fix that hasn't been a benefit for him. Just pointing that out for the discussion. I think Palpatine needs changes, both buffs and nerfs, a small overhaul of sorts.
    Tired of BUGs?

since all he got during last months was only stealth buffs and bugs that benefit him and make other heroes glitch lol.

Still a fix that hasn't been a benefit for him. Just pointing that out for the discussion. I think Palpatine needs changes, both buffs and nerfs, a small overhaul of sorts.

Fair enough. Anyways he's still one of the best, so saying he's 'becoming as weak as like Leia' and he's getting 'more and more useless' is absolutely ridiculous.

I doubt that those upcoming nerfs will ruin him.
    @F8RGE @EA_Tom

EMPEROR PALPATINE

mnow0u3nr8ea.jpg
    Palp is dead.

I don't think you're understanding what I'm saying. I'm saying because he has a different play style than sabers and blasters, people are going to keep calling for nerfs because they don't like him. The nerfing isn't going to stop here. He's getting worse.

72aob7b857pp.png
  • Amazing that they couldn't fix this bug for months, and once RogueZero reveals the actual cause, it's fixed in that same update...
  • I do like your analyzation and I do like the care you've take into this. After what I've seen I do empathize and agree with you on tweaking his chain lightning but after the Nerf that Palpatine is about to get in the next update I don't think it's a fair trade because it's not just one Nerf he's getting, he's getting like five.....
    Iden versio can do "constant" unblockable damage so I don't see why the Emperor of the Sith can't do this one little thing smh!
    And now in this new update Vader is going to be able to hit his opponent while they're choking like it wasn't already bad enough that his teammates weren't already doing that for him.
    Clearly there are bigger issues then Palpatine.
    @F8RGE @EA_Tom

EMPEROR PALPATINE

mnow0u3nr8ea.jpg
    Palp is dead.

The October update is when he actually started to get more powerful - they both nerfed and buffed him - it was also the update where blocking became frontal only

His patch notes were:
    EMPEROR PALPATINE
    • The Chain Lighting ability now shows the target number when available against opponents. Players cannot trigger it without having a target.
    • The staggering effect of Emperor Palpatine's double-hand lightning attack has been removed. The stamina cost of the attack has been reduced from 20 to 16 points, increasing the sustain time from 5.5 to 6.5 seconds.

So my assumption is: in GA, with the longer stamina and with chain lightning never missing, it tweaked him from fine into too much; and in HvV hitting blockers from behind and chain lightning being able to break block from behind also became a bit too much

• @F8RGE @EA_Tom Was this thread what found out how to replicate the palpatine lightning through block bug and then create the groundwork for the fix in the patch?

Can't roguezerorendar be recognised by the development team for just one bug fix at least?
    @F8RGE @EA_Tom

EMPEROR PALPATINE

mnow0u3nr8ea.jpg
    Palp is dead.

I don't think you're understanding what I'm saying. I'm saying because he has a different play style than sabers and blasters, people are going to keep calling for nerfs because they don't like him. The nerfing isn't going to stop here. He's getting worse.

Nope, you said something different. Something that doesn't really make sense my friend. Prievous 'nerf' didn't make him useless at all. Barely a nerf. Upcoming nerf doesn't sound like he's going to be ruined too. Nothing drastic. Unless there will be some stealth nerfs you've got nothing to worry about.

People were calling for nerfs cause he was a little bit too much. Idk if they will call for another nerfs - almost no one was calling for nerfs couple of months later so I don't see a reason to panic. Palp is incredibly popular right now, especially among average players.

Anyways he's getting a little bit worse cause he was a little bit too good. Hopefully we won't be seeing 20 lvl Palp getting huge scores with little to no effort.

@F8RGE @EA_Tom

EMPEROR PALPATINE

mnow0u3nr8ea.jpg
    Palp is dead.

Nope, you said something different. Something that doesn't really make sense my friend. Prievous 'nerf' didn't make him useless at all. Barely a nerf. Upcoming nerf doesn't sound like he's going to be ruined too. Nothing drastic. Unless there will be some stealth nerfs you've got nothing to worry about.

People were calling for nerfs cause he was a little bit too much. Idk if they will call for another nerfs - almost no one was calling for nerfs couple of months later so I don't see a reason to panic. Palp is incredibly popular right now, especially among average players.

Anyways he's getting a little bit worse cause he was a little bit too good. Hopefully we won't be seeing 20 lvl Palp getting huge scores with little to no effort.

Let's not presume to know what I'm thinking, cause you don't.

72aob7b857pp.png
    @F8RGE @EA_Tom

EMPEROR PALPATINE

mnow0u3nr8ea.jpg
    Palp is dead.

Let's not presume to know what I'm thinking, cause you don't.

I know what you said - two simple and very controversial statements. Those 2 pretty straight forward posts of yours didn't really leave a room for interpretation. Then you were backing up saying something bit different, finaly expanding your prievous opinions (I guess) and that I didn't understand your one sentance long posts ;v

There is no shame in saying 'I may have over exaggerated'/was wrong/was not clear enough'.
This discussion has been closed.