criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Chris Hemsworth would of made a good Anakin. Who do you think could of done a good job?

2Next

Replies

• I wonder if another actor change would of been good for the third movie because of how Hayden clearly didn't fill out the suit and maybe the movie could of been set 10 years apart from ep 2 so that the face and body changes be more realistic.

I know it's obvious from the OP who I'd pick but I honestly can't think of any other tall and muscular actors in the mid 2000s that even existed, let alone suit the roll haha. The closest I've got is Hugh Jackman or Joe Manganiello haha and I don't think Jackman is right because his face doesn't come across as dark and brooding at all. He does angry and aggressive well though haha. Joe doesn't fit either because his face is just too different to Hayden's. It'd have to be an unknown I guess. Or replace Hayden altogether and have 2 different actors.
  • Hemsworth looks more like a younger Obi-Wan to me. Except a more statuesque type of Obi-Wan like the old CW cartoons and comics.

Really? I always felt Obi-Wan had a bit of a nerd vibe to his character haha Something Chris Hemsworth doesn't really suit at all I think.

His LOOK. Think of Hemsworth and this Obi-Wan

d7fbe604612897fda4edbf157c631b8a.jpg

Oh yeah, in that case I can 100% see that.
  • Hemsworth looks more like a younger Obi-Wan to me. Except a more statuesque type of Obi-Wan like the old CW cartoons and comics.

Really? I always felt Obi-Wan had a bit of a nerd vibe to his character haha Something Chris Hemsworth doesn't really suit at all I think.

I guess Ewan is the one with the look of a nerd sort of.
  • Alpha male... :expressionless:
    Current Topics:
    Balancing Darth Vader
    Hero ability changes

m3s3leriptmd.png
    Xbox Gamertag: PlayerPurity
    Twitter
    Youtube

• Alpha male... :expressionless:

Deep voice can be one of the signs of higher testosterone production during puberty in a male. Usually meaning on average they have a naturally higher muscle mass than males with higher pitched voices. Pretty sure everyone knows this though and along with how increased strength, whilst not an exclusive property of an "alpha male" human, is still often a trait used to describe one.

Could go on and on about females being attracted to higher muscle mass because of evolution and all of that jazz, blah blah. But not interested in creating a similar thread here to the "existentialism" one in off-topic haha
  • moistboii
    1743 posts Member
    edited February 1
    Idk but Leonardo DiCaprio would've been the worst choice for Anakin ever lol
  • moistboii wrote: »

Why?
  • moistboii wrote: »

Why?

Inm personally think Hayden was the perfect Anakin and also I imagine some of the scenes with him and in my head it's terrible lol
  • Tommy Wiseau
  • SQJACKIE wrote: »
    Tommy Wiseau

Oh hi mark. Yeah he'd be great. Little too good maybe.
  • OH HAI LUKE

lol someone made a video of this

Order of Strike maps leading up to Extraction:
    Kamino -> Mos Eisley -> Death Star II -> Kessel -> Jabba's
  • He's got the look...he's got the look.

He's also got a voice that's more fitting to an alpha male than Hayden does. It also then is not much of a stretch to make the link between him and Vader's mask voice.

He's got good height. 6'3" I think. Plus a decent amount of muscle to fill out the suit for when he has to change to Vader.

He can pull off the "Badas.." look like we've all seen him do with Thor. So that would of suited well for episode 3.

Even when I used to watch Home and Away when I was a youngen, he was still basically the same looking guy, but just with longer hair. So he easily could of played the Anakin role even around that time when the movies were made and he was a teenager.

Hayden did an ok job. Bit of a miscast in my opinion. I mean I think he's cool now haha but when I first saw the prequels, I didn't like him at all. I think Chris Hemsworth would of got everyone on board with liking Anakin and the opinions wouldn't be anywhere near as dividing.

You guys have any thought on who you think would of made a good Anakin?

Interesting pick.
  • Ppong_Man12
    3119 posts Member
    edited February 11
    Ok, this is a few weeks old but I was watching Furious 7 tonight and it had imo the only other guy that coulda pulled off Anakin, Paul Walker,..he has the look and height imo. He just reminds me of Hayden for some reason.

• Ok, this is a few weeks old but I was watching Furious 7 tonight and it had imo the only other guy that coulda pulled off Anakin, Paul Walker,..he has the look and height imo.

🤮🤮
  • Ppong_Man12
    3119 posts Member
    edited February 11
    Ok, this is a few weeks old but I was watching Furious 7 tonight and it had imo the only other guy that coulda pulled off Anakin, Paul Walker,..he has the look and height imo.

🤮🤮

I know right; still,...couldn’t come up with anyone else remotely close lol. Hayden is irreplaceable though.
  • James McAvoy
  • Hayden nailed the look for me honestly. He just looks like a BAMF in episode 3

xxcwy9ei8ntq.gif

And now he felt her, really felt her in the Force; He felt a bond, deeper and more intimate than he’d ever had before; and for a precious eternal instant he was her. . . 

he was the beat of her heart and he was the motion of her lips. He was her soft words as though she spoke a prayer to the stars— I love you, Anakin. In life, and in death, we will always be one. I am yours

Nah Hemsworth is super thick and I always imagine obi as a more slim Person. Obis character is not „Alpha“, more like kind gentleman.
  • 🎶Boss up on these droids
    Boss up on these droids
    Boss up on these droids
    I can't kick it with Mace, I be with Obi wan
    All we do is ball, we don't give a heck
    All these sith want that swag 'cause we go too hard
    Swag surfin' on these droids, Mace can't be a part
    And I'm Ani down to my toes and heart
    Goyard 'round my robes and it hold the saber
    Poppin' droids, poppin' sith it ain't hard
    I got jedi, I got clones in the lot
    Boss up on these droids
    Boss up on these droids
    Boss up on these droids🎶

rpdmkg7lkte1.jpg
  • Ok, this is a few weeks old but I was watching Furious 7 tonight and it had imo the only other guy that coulda pulled off Anakin, Paul Walker,..he has the look and height imo.

🤮🤮
    Ok, this is a few weeks old but I was watching Furious 7 tonight and it had imo the only other guy that coulda pulled off Anakin, Paul Walker,..he has the look and height imo.

🤮🤮

I know right; still,...couldn’t come up with anyone else remotely close lol. Hayden is irreplaceable though.

Alright so check it out it's like this, Dooku. If I lose, winner takes my arm...