criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Star Wars Battlefront II - The BB Update & Age of Rebellion on the way

Replies

• I'm hoping DICE brings Starkiller Base and Crait to Instant Action and Supremacy. The layout can work if you switch and alter some of the map by adding debris to hold Capture points.
  • RGF_Crusader
    40 posts Member
    edited February 1
    Great update. Looking forward to the new content. Thanks for the bug fixes and balancing.

Really disappointed that there is not a second phase to the OT supremacy maps. I would have loved to fight it out on a mon calamari cruiser or watch a star destroyer get blown up by the rebels.
  • A little worried about this new smoke ability, Lando's is almost useless. The only thing Lando's serves is a quick distraction that lasts only up to 2 seconds before a villain finds you through the smoke. (HvV) As a huge HvV player some of these abilities might work well in CS or GA but are useless in HvV. I don't know hoe I feel about another smoke ability however I understand you had to have different abilities compared to BB-8.
  • I can't wait for the fixes this game is breaking it's own severs
  • Oh, please no more forest maps. I think the game is too saturated by them... Bring Crait to Coop to, its the best map from the ST in my opinion.
  • Please, don't forget to bring Tatooine and Yavin to COOP, are one of my favorite maps.
  • Will we ever see ashockah or ventras and more glacktic asult
  • Can bb8 open locked doors
  • And secrate passges
  • HiroStoneIchor
    13 posts Member
    edited February 2
    I love it all but original era dosent need to have a ship mode for the death star map only and have ship phases for the other maps in original era. But fix supremacy and allow us to have air reinforcements and a seamless transition. Capital ship phase first if any or attempt to land troops on the enemy ship and space battle aswell as landing troops on the outer hull of an enemy ship. Once one ship is down it enters the atmosphere and it crash lands with the other in atmosphere and the hangers are still functional on both. Now for the ground phase. Both teams take the command posts and wipe out the remaining enemys on the ground or take out the other ship and completly sever the enemy's reinforcements and if so then the enemy ship in atmosphere crash lands and a final ground battle for the command post ensues. Please see and read this[removed]

[Comment edited by moderator]
    Post edited by IIPrest0nII on
  • Starmasui73146
    2085 posts Member
    edited February 3
    We need Crait and Starkiller for Instant Action and cs.

Agreed, hopefully it's coming.
    PhilC wrote: »
    -it looks like we will not be getting Starkiller Base or Crait for Supremacy and Instant Action.

Also, another update and still no fixes to the ongoing bugs in Offline Arcade. We have Auto Players Respawning out of bounds on Jakku and anytime you play 2 vs 2 or 4 vs 4 in Arcade Offline Team Battle, the friendly Auto Players only spawn as Assault Class Troopers and in 4 vs 4 the enemy Auto Players are always one of each class when they all should be random.

Update after update we get small fixes to heroes, but we never get a fix to major bugs in Arcade. When is Arcade going to get the respect it deserves? How can you have a first person / third person shooter where the most standard game ( Team Death match ) doesn't work?

(1.) Starkiller Base and Crait for "Instant Action" would indeed be amazing. My friends and I want to see this really badly.
    (2.) As for "Arcade: Team Battle" all my friends big issue is if you use force push, it is so hugely toned down. You push them and they fall dead at your feet or go back only like 5 to 7 feet. Online they get launched like 20 feet....and yes that's with the correct Star Cards active. P.S.- This was addressed in Bugs section but nothing came of it.
    I was told by one guy that the large push caused the A.I. to get stuck. So I came up with a simple fix, just allow the A.I. upon getting stuck to auto respawn. Easy pessy. Yet it still is the same. I do not understand why.
    Please devs fix this.
    Mystical wrote: »
    I hope if the maps not introduced in supremacy will at least come to Instant Action in one form or another. Even if its a massive team deathmatch where a large portion of the map is open that would be cool.
    Yeah I seem to recall DICE saying that every map introduced would come on to "Arcade" as well. That kind of fell through. That was before "Instant Action" ever existed though.
    I wouldn't mind "Instant Action" aboard an Imperial Star Destroyer, Rebel MC80, First Order Star Destroyer and a Resistance capital ship or Rebel Blockade Runner even just in "Arcade" as a Team Death Match. That would be a blast (no pun intended).
    How about a "HvsV" Offline style or "Cargo" Offline style. Aaaaaa, fun stuff yes?
    Bagklapper wrote: »
    Niiice. Can't wait for more Instant Action content. It's getting better and better. Just hope we get AI vehicles soon!

Exactly, bring on Original trilogy maps to the "Instant Action" fray please.
    rogue_one___scarif_planet_by_aste17_dam7gr2-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NzIwIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvNzE2MjYyMmQtNmYwMy00N2ZmLWE4YzUtZjVkZjdkM2ZjNjMyXC9kYW03Z3IyLTJhMmQyMTlhLWZkZDMtNGRkNy04ZGQyLWM0OTgzNGE4NWViNi5wbmciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTI4MCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.k1kbzLUsMvGUhGjcYKClTytTNxToWm8wKrtGQKk2eMs
    Excited for getting Scarif and the Deathstar 2 but please don't forget them from being added to "Instant Action", thanks DICE. My friends and I love you all. Well done on all the hard work. Thanks for the three new Sequel Trilogy maps for "Instant Action. Thanks for bringing A.I. Destroyer (Droideka) Droids to Offline "Instant Action" your the greatest. BB-8 looks like fun as well. Very, very excited that A.I. will now melee in "Instant Action" and the the A.I. Commando Droid will now use his Vibro Blades. Thumbs waaaay up team.
    😎👍🏼👍🏼🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
    SYchael wrote: »
    Rogue One! There’s one thing that is essential though. I hope that in Supremacy and Instant Action they have the citadel as it was an essential part of Scarif.

Yes definitely.

BTL-A4_Ace wrote: »
    After reading the Community Transmission, I'm full of both excitement and some disappointment. There is A LOT of fantastic new content, bug fixes and features on the way, but there's also disappointing news here.

The OT era is finally coming to Capital Supremacy and Co-Op (Instant Action wasn't mentioned, but I trust it's also in the works), but there won't be Imperial Star Destroyers and Mon Calamari Star Cruisers? I can see how this makes sense for maps like Death Star II and Scarif (Thank you for bringing this epic location back, BTW! Shoretroopers too, please?), but they should work just fine for the other OT era maps. I was really looking forward to playing within these iconic ships. Please reconsider this.

Also, what about implementing Crait and Starkiller Base for ST era Instant Action, Co-Op and Supremacy? What about MM era selection for Galactic Assault and Starfighter Assault? Or Extraction - which simply needs more maps for each era so it can stand alone as it's own mode.

Nothing is mentioned for us flight combat buffs, either. Update after update, we've been waiting patiently. For a long time now. Starfighter Assault is in desperate need of some tender-loving-care, and there are a lot of pilots like myself who have been eager for starfighters to be playable in Co-Op, Instant Action and Supremacy. Arcade's Starfighter Team Battle and Starfighter Onslaught needs some serious attention, too.

Which brings me to my next point. Arcade is in dire need of bug fixes, new content and expanded features and options. PC players in particular have been having to make do without Arcade Co-Op and Arcade Versus modes since launch (which isn't fair since they pay the same price as console players for a version that is missing content and features).
    Implementing the terrific new AI functionality you crafted for Supremacy/Co-Op/Instant Action into Arcade would be extremely awesome.

Don't get me wrong, I'm looking forward to BB-8 and BB-9E, but I want some "proper" Heroes for the ST era like Poe Dameron or Armitage Hux, and can we please get Crait and Starkiller Base for Supremacy and Instant Action, and Crait for Co-Op?

In addition to this, Han should be able to freely crouch/stand while his Sharpshooter Ability is active.

Can you please implement Scoreboard functionality, and freeze game progress when opening the pause menu or the View Abilities screen?

Friendly and enemy AI difficulty desperately needs to be brought closer in line with each other, too. Friendly AI isn't very aggressive and doesn't actively play the objective. The player is basically required to play as a Hero to attempt to carry the whole team to victory (even on the easy or normal difficulty levels with Enemy AI Heroes disabled). Which can be very frustrating, and it breaks the immersion.

Playable starfighters and friendly/enemy AI starfighters would be extremely appreciated, and it'd be nice if the Friendly AI/Enemy AI count sliders were implemented in the console versions.

I'm loving this change, but I also believe the Ovissian Gunner should be able to crouch when not spooling up and firing.

Here's hoping AI vehicles will be ready soon, too. I'm really anxious for them.

Anyway, the good far outweighs the bad with this Community Transmission. These are my thoughts, critiques and suggestions. I hope you will reconsider some of your decisions for upcoming content. I know you guys are always listening to our feedback, and it's greatly appreciated. Battlefront II is incredible, and just keeps getting better and better. @F8RGE

(1.) Yep bring on them vehicle A.I. and A.I. starfighters for "Instant Action".
    (2.) Crait and Starkiller Base for "Instant Action" is a must, they're iconic.
    (3.) Pausing a game of IA would be a real nice feature, as long as it doesn't mess-up the learning A.I. that is.
    (4.) Yes friendly A.I. in IA could use some pointers on strategy that's for sure. Like in mid-game when 5 show up to support your CP capture when at least 3 of them should be out trying to capture other CPs, agreed. I love the assist but 5 + me at one CP is over kill. This often spells doom because that leaves the other CPs mega vulnerable, requiring me to run around like a chicken with his head cut off trying to prevent complete enemy domination.

P.S. - On a side note to the devs we need for a menu option for "Instant Action" the ability to choose how many enemy heroes can spawn in in a given game, 1 enemy hero or 2. Also the ability to choose how long before the enemy can spawn in again as a hero, 1 min, 2 min, 3 min, 4 min, 5 min or not again at all.

By the way devs, can you make it so when we click the "X" icon on a CP that 2 friendly A.I. will automatically do that.

Oh and please let us have command options when close to friendly A.I., this would be phenomenally helpful.
    * "Defend this position." = shoot any enemies within range of this spot. This is effective for securing choke points
    * "Protect this CP." = defending a CP
    * "Move out." = ignore my last command
    * "Snipe CP from here." = shoot any enemies within range of a taken CP
    * "Follow me." = one or two friendly A.I. (within 7 feet of you) will follow you, defend you and do whatever objective you are trying to do.

Oh yes and devs the ability to have more on your side then theirs. Add at least one easier difficulty for children instead of 13 vs 13 (12 A.I. + you vs 13 A.I.) how about one for the children and an even easier one for exploration.

That would make it:
    17 vs 9 Explorer
    15 vs 11 Trainee
    13 vs 13 Rookie
    11 vs 15 Normal
    9 vs 17 Expert
    Thanks. 🙂

(5.) Yes BTL-A4_Ace, the Ovassian Gunner being able to crouch would be nice.
    Oilerfan78 wrote: »
    I'm hoping DICE brings Starkiller Base and Crait to Instant Action and Supremacy. The layout can work if you switch and alter some of the map by adding debris to hold Capture points.

Agreed.

Natejones wrote: »
    Can bb8 open locked doors

Oh cool idea.

Which reminds me devs

(1.) Can troops please get the ability to withdraw the retractable bridge on Deathstar 2 in "Arcade: Team Battle"? Pleeeeeease, pretty please, pleeeeeease, please please. 😇🙏 Thank you. 🤗

(2.) Can we please please have full access to the entire 2nd floor in the Yavin IV temple in "Arcade: Team Battle"? Thank you. 🤗

All my friends want both these things very much.

Thanks again devs...as always well done. 😎👍🏼

Post edited by Starmasui73146 on
    “There is always hope.”
  • Hey, maybe it missed it (long text) but the new heroes are included in the Sequel Trilogy Co-op as available heroes, right?
  • Cs_jojo
    7 posts Member
    edited February 2
    All i have to say is that every change to hero's since the game came out is catering to GA and/or CS, dont forget that some of us like HvV over other modes. The changes you make effect our gameplay as well. Some improvements are great while others are severely broken(Grevious can thrust surge an opponent that's several feet behind their teammate, kylo completely ignores abilities that's cast right in his face, also you can't get hit out of his freeze most of time. Lando smoke isnt thick enough even with card, Iden needs a new gun and ect.) just saying. Dont forget about us hero vs villians fans.
  • Chico
    799 posts Member
    PLEASE do not do this to Anakin he was Balanced already!

Anakin was not balanced AT ALL! He's still way too powerfull in basically every mode

No. In GA he is fine (but devs have abandoned that mode). HvV he is fine, one of the best LS but behind nearly half of the DS roster. Maybe in CS he is a bit OP, but that's one mode.
  • Woh! Hang on!

Just to confirm, Original Trilogy IS coming to Co-Op???? :o

• Excited to see Scarif!!!

yes, finally. bought old bf and no one was ever one scarif so never saw it! should have bots so could play old BF!
  • Does that mean we could get a possible Krennic and Jyn as heroes? Maybe Jeddah as a map too..

jeddah!
  • would libe revive comrades!!! love feature in battlefield V
  • Nice and all but WHEN will the Empire recive some more apperances?!

The ROTJ stormtrooper is such an affront to look at.
  • F8RGE wrote: »

We’re bringing Scarif back from 2015’s Star Wars Battlefront! This is one of the most highly requested planets and we’re incredibly excited to see it return to the battlefront.

Thank you!
    Thank you!
    • the era selector will STILL be absent from Galactic Assault. Really do not understand this move

Totally agree. The reason behind this move...?

And...very good that they fixed the ability to hit a target in the air for AI on Co-Op, but what about having the Original Trilogy heroes like Palpatine, Vader and so forth?
    And more, why the double-hand attack of Palpatine have been reduced? It was already super annoying to hold on a target (like Heavy Troopers) for something like 5 seconds, now it's getting even worse...

I am not really happy about this update.

And please, please, remove Geonosis from the maps (or, at least, from Co-Op), it is the most BORING map I've ever played in my life!

Waoooohhhhh amazing content next coming <3
  • Great update! Not sure we needed droids as playable heroes though... i can think of a whole bunch of better hero choices. Maybe we will get more later this year
  • Can we get some Mustafar action? or a new Kashyyyk map?
  • Anyone else worried that there's no confirmation of the OT Coming Instant Action?
  • "Added information to show what faction a player is matchmaking into in Supremacy and Co-Op."

This part of the update as per the notes is not in the game. It is not showing what faction we are matchmaking into in Supremacy.
  • Well I'm still seeing AI in Co-Op/Instant Action, firing their guns when they shouldn't be.

Also is it meant to be this way, where a soldier melee'ing a Saber hero stuns the hero. I mean, sabering a unit doesn't seem to affect that trooper in way other than damage, so I don't get why it works that way.

Also the friendly AI is awful. Allies will walk around and die not helping, while the enemy will aggressively take command posts.

Also don't get why AI get to spam heroes, even right at the start of the game. The whole mode(s) is disgustingly imbalanced during solo play.

All in all, playing as a saber hero, especially when playing offline is a still a terrible experience, you will just be steamrolled over.
  • Now i'm waiting for Ahsoka <3
  • Would be awesome to get new reinforcements for rebels and empire, as they only have the aerials + one enforcer.
  • Adricmb wrote: »
    Icemann wrote: »
    Why BB8 There is nothing special about being some tiny droid. I speak for everybody when Isay stupidest thing you guys could do

You speak for yourself buddy, probably more people prefers to have unique ways to play the game than the same thing over and over again with different face. Of course we would like to have Mace Windu, Qui Gon or Jango Fett, but first two are just another example of saber hero and Jango would be an almost exact copy of Boba, so yeah, nice to have them, but there have to be other priorities

Bruh they legit reused the falcon three times lmfao, plus it wouldn't be that hard to give Jango a different set of utility compared to Boba.
  • This update is Just fantastic!!! 👌🏽😉😀

But i want scariff in GA, beacuse this mode can be more istensive, than CS. And players like me, would like to play in a fast placed combat. I hope they will add more Maps to GA.

But this patch still awesome!!!
    tvx9d58vhpn7.gif
  • I simply don't understand the decision to completely sideline GA. It's the most played mode in the game by far, and not even any fixes?
  • I simply don't understand the decision to completely sideline GA. It's the most played mode in the game by far, and not even any fixes?

devs will say CS is the most played mode
    Wanna read how Starfighters could be introduced to CS in a fair manner? Read-up on it here: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/153390/how-to-properly-introduce-starfighters-to-cs#latest

Want to support Starfighter content in general? Help us here: https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/evnc78/starfighters_reborn/
  • Not sure who, if any (like Ewok Hunt), asked specifically for their addition? Is this another one of those "I've got a great idea!" things that we're just supposed to buy into? With all the Ahsoka threads, and those like me that want Jyn Erso, and you add these BB droids? Well you might as well add R2 as well. They should be limited to CS only (definitely not HvV).

Positives: "Removed requirement for new matchmaking after each round in Blast, Strike, Extraction, HVV, Hero Showdown". Finally, let's just play.

The reveal of Scarif is probably the best news in a long time, and that should mean the inclusion of Shore Troopers and Jyn Erso!
  • Not sure who, if any (like Ewok Hunt), asked specifically for their addition? Is this another one of those "I've got a great idea!" things that we're just supposed to buy into? With all the Ahsoka threads, and those like me that want Jyn Erso, and you add these BB droids? Well you might as well add R2 as well. They should be limited to CS only (definitely not HvV).

Positives: "Removed requirement for new matchmaking after each round in Blast, Strike, Extraction, HVV, Hero Showdown". Finally, let's just play.

The reveal of Scarif is probably the best news in a long time, and that should mean the inclusion of Shore Troopers and Jyn Erso!

Is Scarif IN this update, or are we waiting longer for that?
  • When you said melee, I wasn't expecting melee spaming AI in Co-Op. The AI is a bigger threat then the players in CS or GA. I think it needs tweaking.

devs will say CS is the most played mode

Only because it last for hours...
  • GA (as with all other modes outside of CS) has been abandoned by DICE.
    rmngrnk wrote: »
    Hoth must be in the CS and GA !!! pls !!!

Why do you think so ? Read carefully the post.
  • Equinox wrote: »
    When you said melee, I wasn't expecting melee spaming AI in Co-Op. The AI is a bigger threat then the players in CS or GA. I think it needs tweaking.

I only had A.I. try to melee me the same way any human would when they got up close and personal and it was no more spammed then any real person would have.
    “There is always hope.”
  • What a horrendous change. GA is popular, stop trying to shove less popular game modes in our face because you want to see your little implementation succeed. No, people don't like other modes more, so stop focusing on that. More maps and changes added to GA is certainly one thing people want. And don't **** me that it takes a lot of time/effort/resources; we paid for this game and to slowly kill off a beloved game mode certainly isn't helping.
  • Why did you move GA to more? It is the game mode we all bought the game for. You can't just shove it in the same spot as all the other dead game modes. Not everyone likes to play CS only. I played it when it came out but it gets boring and tedious really quick with the lengthy time and lack of epic moments. it is a from-time-to-time mode, not a main one by any stretch of imagination. It's easier for you to make, that's why. This is Star Wars, by EA & Disney, not an early access survival game, can you all stop being so cheap and just give the content the game deserves? This is one of the 2 relevant current Star Wars Games and this is the treatment we get as fans? "oh, it's so expensive to make GA maps" That is ridiculous. And insulting. Provide content for the game we paid full price for. You can't just decide to turn it into a completely different game 2 years down the line. You have so much goodwill back but not enough to buy you more EA money to make maps for the proper game-mode.
  • I would love to play CS if only I didn't have to see Rey everytime a hero dies. I'd much rather have an old Luke then her.
  • Changed explosives include: Impact Grenade, Boba's Rocket Barrage, AT-ST Barrage, Rocket Launcher, AT-ST Anti-Vehicle Rocket, Leia´s alt fire, ARC Trooper Power Shot, Bermuda Cop Quarrel Bolts, B2 Rocket Launcher.

What is this? Am I completely missing something?
  • Inferius wrote: »
    Changed explosives include: Impact Grenade, Boba's Rocket Barrage, AT-ST Barrage, Rocket Launcher, AT-ST Anti-Vehicle Rocket, Leia´s alt fire, ARC Trooper Power Shot, Bermuda Cop Quarrel Bolts, B2 Rocket Launcher.

What is this? Am I completely missing something?

haha, wow, what an odd typo. Gotta be the red Sith Trooper, because he has a Quarrel Blast, at least I think he does.
    "Rise."
  • UNSANE_fan75
    1662 posts Member
    edited February 3
    Now I cannot find any references to Quarrel Blast, but I swear I've been killed by it in the game. I don't know where I saw it though, possibly playing CO-OP as Resistance on Takodana.
    edit: Found it. Quarrel Blast is the Sith Trooper's secondary (alt) fire, hold the left trigger.
    Post edited by UNSANE_fan75 on
    "Rise."
  • Really guys I think I could cry... :/ I love this game it's awesome the jedi fights the graphics and you bring BB8 as hero really?
    I don't... I really don't understand there are so much heroes in Star wars an you took BB8? What?
    Why not:
    Mace Windu? Ventress? Qui Gon?
    Ashoka? Palpatine with light Saber? Darth Maul with the Dark Saber? Jango fett??
    Please I begging you we want "Heroes and Villians" not little droids... really :/
    I don't understand it there are so many cool Charakters an you put these in don't get it...

• It's sad to say (sad because I respect all dev engagement to make the game greater), but I have to say that the game was better before the BB8 update than after.

Let's make a short list of some bad improvements:

- Heroes animations: Obi wan looks like a karateka (tell me when in the movies?!), Vador a casual evil with a strange head and conan the barbarian position (while his previous animation was so smart - simplicity always rules), Maul a red angry nerd, Yoda and Ray with their ugly lighsaber catching (Rey previous movement was so beautiful too), etc. Honesty, it makes me think that all these news positions are made to seduce a children public (caracters seems to overplay when previous animations was so much in the right tonality).

- Massive strike nerf: already said in another post, making Anakin almost useless with no stamina where is his supposed to be the Chosen one (!) abble to chain many strikes (just watch ep 3 guys),

- Little robot BB8 running everywhere in HvV this a bit ridiculous lol...

I will never understand this kind of upgrade : you guys hold a good game and wreck it with non asked and non necessary modifications.

This would be so easy to bring new contents without destroying the game : just make new maps like death star on with for starship mod, new heroes like qui gon, mace windu, 2nd and 9th sisters, etc

Thank you anyway for the work but i admit that it breaks a bit my motivation to play the game now...
  • Is it intended that you can't unlock any of the emotes and victory poses of BB-8 and BB-9E rigth now?
  • BB8.... as Hero that's so sad in all the Star wars universe they take BB8 why.. Just before the update I play the game with my buddy any day and today I called him "hey let's play one round and he said.... after this update it makes no more fun..
  • TRIALON wrote: »
    Is it intended that you can't unlock any of the emotes and victory poses of BB-8 and BB-9E rigth now?

Emotions and poses are opened in the stages of the heroes by getting combat points. You can check it yourself in the quest menu for heroes.