criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

Why does the game seem broken to everyone here?

Prev1
Saberscar223
1284 posts Member
edited February 14
When I play the game I rarely run into any bugs on Xbox other than Darth Vader getting stuck in choke animation I have never really encountered all these “game breaking bugs”.

It’s really annoying when 99% of the conversation in General discussions is complaining about every Bug they find and act like this is the only game with bugs but whatever
"You Don't Know the Power of the Dark Side"
vader.gif
Post edited by Saberscar223 on

Replies

  • Cuz it is :):D
    Wanna read how Starfighters could be introduced to CS in a fair manner? Read-up on it here: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/153390/how-to-properly-introduce-starfighters-to-cs#latest

    Want to support Starfighter content in general? Help us here: https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/evnc78/starfighters_reborn/
  • GodHatesUsAll
    138 posts Member
    edited February 13
    Some things are more buggy than others. Every 2nd time I play specialist my infiltration is bugged. I think it's another launch bug, which if happens persists through whole match. This bug also applies to infiltrator's scan ability. Exposed weakness bug, which was fixed at least once happens to me at least once every hvv match. Iden's shock not working also happens at least once per game
  • 1. It's a multiplayer game board

    2. There's plenty of bugs and glitches in the game to complain about

    3. People's definition of game breaking varies. In my case the campaign hard crashing my Xbox is game breaking. For others certain heroes being a little too powerful is game breaking.

    Gamers can be a capricious bunch.

  • Agreed, OP.

    The amount of complaint threads are absurd. Couple that with all the request threads, and you really have to wonder how many people are actually playing the game. Most of the threads in General discussion have nothing to do with straight up discussing the game. It's not that there aren't bugs. I just think people are trying to take this game too seriously. I play regularly and rarely run into anything I consider game breaking. Frustrating sometimes, but no online game is without that.
  • Batman20
    2556 posts Member
    edited February 17
    Probably because here people are looking for problems to complain about where as when I play it I just wanna have fun so don't bother trying to pinpoint every bug and problem . It's more the balancing which is an obvious issue when it comes to heroes or BP gain for classes
    Post edited by Batman20 on
  • StarLillie wrote: »
    Batman20 wrote: »
    Probably because here people are looking for problems to complain about where as when I play it I just wanna have fun so don't bother trying to pinpoint every bug and problem. It's more the balancing which is an obvious issue when it comes to heroes or BP gain for classes

    When you die because of a bug it doesn't annoy you? That's not fun. I play this game cause it's fun but sometimes the bugs ruin it.

    Exactly. I think as long as the game has the potential to be a good game then bugs and fun are inversely proportional in gaming.
  • Batman20
    2556 posts Member
    edited February 14
    StarLillie wrote: »
    Batman20 wrote: »
    Probably because here people are looking for problems to complain about where as when I play it I just wanna have fun so don't bother trying to pinpoint every bug and problem. It's more the balancing which is an obvious issue when it comes to heroes or BP gain for classes

    When you die because of a bug it doesn't annoy you? That's not fun. I play this game cause it's fun but sometimes the bugs ruin it.

    Only if I'm a hero I have got stuck in the map at certain times and had to respawn as a hero. Yes bugs like that are annoying but they hardly ever happen to me so it's not a big issue if it happens the odd time. I also have the occasional hero ability not work but this isn't something that happens often either so I don't experience bugs that much
  • One thing is sure: Playing as Infantry removes more then half the bugs that can afflict you. Playing Trooper only modes reduce it even more.

    SFA is the most BUG free mode AFAIK, if we ignore Ewok Hunt.
    -----
    Tired of BUGs?

    Well, they'll still exist.
    But visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)
  • Because the game is broken.
    "I felt there was a large amount of human chauvinism... also I felt very bad that at the end the Wookie didn't get a medal also... oh, all the people got medals but the Wookie who had been in there fighting all the time, didn't get any medal, and I thought that was an example of Anti-Wookie discrimination." - Carl Sagan on the subject of Star Wars
    He knew.
  • jonci
    1326 posts Member
    StarLillie wrote: »
    Batman20 wrote: »
    Probably because here people are looking for problems to complain about where as when I play it I just wanna have fun so don't bother trying to pinpoint every bug and problem. It's more the balancing which is an obvious issue when it comes to heroes or BP gain for classes

    When you die because of a bug it doesn't annoy you? That's not fun. I play this game cause it's fun but sometimes the bugs ruin it.

    When you cant do anything due to the animation bugs, and the worst offender LAG trying to hit or defend during laggy game play is very difficult, n getting hammered by a low level character because of it is both annoying and ridiculous.
    I gave up playing last night after a short period, got battered most matches and insulted for garbage game play due to the massive LAG., wasn't the only one either reporting it in game. Dice need to up their quality issues bugs i can cope with, massive unplayable LAG is not one of them nor should it be.
    If your EA servers cant cope then make room and delete the garbage from them, or invest in new ones, you get enough revenue, worst on line servers of any game i play.
  • The BOTG event is broken.
  • EA_Tom wrote: »
    CC_1010 wrote: »

    Wow spammed by people talking about bugs? Are you serious? This is it... this game is lost.

    General Discussion should not be flooded by discussion about bugs. As I stated, you can still report them. You can still talk about them. But this is not the right place for that.

    That's it.

    When is anakin's pull going to be fixed as well as Obi-Wan's RMT
  • Lyc4n
    1741 posts Member
    People complaining about bugs. I barely feel any but thats because i barely play hero vs villains. This is the only area of the game that is full of bugs and in my opinion its meant to be more of a fun addition than a main focus of the battefront title.

    Like i said play other units and you wont have much to complain about in terms of bugs
  • EA_Tom
    532 posts EA Community Manager
    The BOTG event is broken.

    We decided on keeping Heroes available so folks could still get their hands on BB-8, and BB-9E.
  • Feelee16
    1413 posts Member
    edited February 14
    EA_Tom wrote: »
    The BOTG event is broken.

    We decided on keeping Heroes available so folks could still get their hands on BB-8, and BB-9E.

    That sucks. Why not disable everyone else but them?
    4uq2gw2038aq.gif




  • EA_Rtas
    1976 posts EA Moderator
    edited February 14
    So I'm going to hop in here to reinforce Tom's point, we're not stopping anyone from discussing bugs, submitting bug reports or commenting on their opinion of the state of the game. We're just asking that you do it in the right place.

    This is not a bug reporting forum, that is what we have Answers HQ for, I think it's a pretty valid expectation for that discussion to take place on the forum dedicated for that purpose as opposed to derailing threads on this forum or repeated threads pretty much every day (honestly, check general discussion).

    You're welcome to continue discussing these topics but it needs to be done in the correct place, we already have a rule concerning derailment and off topic posts, what we're asking is that you respect those rules and carry out that discussion where it's supposed to be.

    On that note the OP did not create this thread to be bombarded with posts talking about the bugs they should have encountered and Tom has since asked that further discussion about bugs should be carried out on AHQ through the links that he provided. Any further off topic discussion will be removed.




    EDIT:
    I have since removed a lot of off topic discussion from this thread, if you wish to continue discussing bugs in the game please do so on Answers HQ.
  • EA_Tom wrote: »
    The BOTG event is broken.

    We decided on keeping Heroes available so folks could still get their hands on BB-8, and BB-9E.

    So BOTG with Jetpack units that can literally leave the ground is ok and furthermore it is even more exploited by allowing Heroes to be part of it that can float and fly ... nais :D
    Wanna read how Starfighters could be introduced to CS in a fair manner? Read-up on it here: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/153390/how-to-properly-introduce-starfighters-to-cs#latest

    Want to support Starfighter content in general? Help us here: https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/evnc78/starfighters_reborn/
  • EA_Tom wrote: »
    The BOTG event is broken.

    We decided on keeping Heroes available so folks could still get their hands on BB-8, and BB-9E.

    LOL what? I'm a hero main but WHAT? It's a SINGLE weekend. If people want to play with the BBs they can go to Co-Op.
  • willywonka7
    2341 posts Member
    edited February 14
    EA_Rtas wrote: »
    So I'm going to hop in here to reinforce Tom's point, we're not stopping anyone from discussing bugs, submitting bug reports or commenting on their opinion of the state of the game. We're just asking that you do it in the right place.

    This is not a bug reporting forum, that is what we have Answers HQ for, I think it's a pretty valid expectation for that discussion to take place on the forum dedicated for that purpose as opposed to derailing threads on this forum or repeated threads pretty much every day (honestly, check general discussion).

    You're welcome to continue discussing these topics but it needs to be done in the correct place, we already have a rule concerning derailment and off topic posts, what we're asking is that you respect those rules and carry out that discussion where it's supposed to be.

    On that note the OP did not create this thread to be bombarded with posts talking about the bugs they should have encountered and Tom has since asked that further discussion about bugs should be carried out on AHQ through the links that he provided. Any further off topic discussion will be removed.




    EDIT:
    I have since removed a lot of off topic discussion from this thread, if you wish to continue discussing bugs in the game please do so on Answers HQ.



    Dice isn't listening to the bug forum as evidenced in one of the bug reports I listed in previous post:

    (Posted December 2017 and still a problem in game today!)
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Armor-vehicles-show-up-as-enemy-on-the-radar/m-p/6523404#M3517

    You could be managing the bug reports forum better, so we don't keep bugs in the game from well over 2 years ago! That's why the game seems so broken to everyone here:
    • The list of bugs keeps increasing
    • Bugs are never truly removed from the game and almost always come back
    • Bug forum goes unmanaged
    • DICE Developers listen to twitter and reddit more than their own bug report forum for what to fix!
    • Dice focuses on tiny easy to complete bugs, that affect a minuscule number of players
    • People don't submit bugs because of the previous two issues and because submission is long and needs to be streamlined
    • Poor categorization in bug reports to find related bugs and or see progress
  • Cadoth
    1219 posts Member
    @RogueZeroRendar 👏🏻👏🏻🤧🤧
  • EA_Tom wrote: »
    When I play the game I rarely run into any bugs on Xbox other than Darth Vader getting stuck in choke animation I have never really encountered all these “game breaking bugs”.

    It’s really annoying when 99% of the conversation in General discussions is complaining about every <3<3<3<3 they find and act like this is the only game with bugs but whatever

    That's a very good question, and thank you for raising that here. For reporting bugs, we have a dedicated forum on Answers HQ:

    We also link to these boards via the Bugs and Issues category via the main page of these forums. So the types of discussion you are referring to shouldn't be here. It's not the right place to do so.

    And to clarify, I'm not saying there are no bugs in this game.

    Cuz it is :):D
    JMaster wrote: »
    Because the game is broken.

    No. It isn't.

    I'm confirming once more that Answers HQ is the place for bugs and technical issues. Use these boards for this type of discussion. Going forward, posts that aren't in the right place will be removed or locked.

    Lastly, it's also not fair to other users in the community who are looking forward to chatting about the game to be spammed by talk about bugs and broken game. These comments are coming from a vocal minority on this forum and it's not the experience most users are having, as evidenced by this post. If you want to see numbers on that, check out the recent post by F8RGE, here.

    I don't understand your point about viewing f8rge's post as a source of the majority believing the game is not bug ridden. Quality of life received 4th place on the list of "what content you would like to see added".

    I also noticed you mentioned this thread as representation of the majority, and that in fact only a "vocal minority" believe the game is broken or full or bugs. The opening post in the thread received only 5 agrees and 3 likes. The second post, which was critical of the bugs in the game, received 15 agrees.

    Could you please clarify and expand on your opinion of majority verse minority in relation to the two above paragraphs and clarify how you came to the conclusion that most of the community is overall fine with the state of the bugs in the game? Your own data that you linked even points to the opposite...
  • EA_Tom wrote: »
    CC_1010 wrote: »

    Wow spammed by people talking about bugs? Are you serious? This is it... this game is lost.

    General Discussion should not be flooded by discussion about bugs. As I stated, you can still report them. You can still talk about them. But this is not the right place for that.

    That's it.

    So you're intervening because the general discussion is being "flooded" (your word) by discussion about bugs. Yet at the same time telling us the majority don't believe the game is full of bugs?

    That does not make any sense.
  • Meerkat
    520 posts Member
    edited February 14
    Well at this point with the player count "doubling" last month or so.. I kinda expect them to have a bit more resources and manpower to tackle these issues.

    Though with every patch they address a ton of issues. Bossk is finally viable after getting his star cards fixed. This forum have a doomsday mentality it is what it is.
  • Meerkat wrote: »
    Bossk is finally viable after getting his star cards fixed. This forum have a doomsday mentality it is what it is.

    Which they had inadvertently broken the patch before, while messing with something completely unrelated. What's the value of fixing issues, if they create issues faster then they fix them? You can praise them for the hundreds of bugs they solved, but is it really good when a thousand are still in the game? Especially considering that we have more bugs now then we had at launch?

    Of course we have a doomsday mentality, because they deliver patches that more and more lead us to believe the game will simply crumble.

    Many here hope that whenever they finally decide to stop supporting this game, it's at least in a viable state, just like the previous title, so we can at least enjoy some of it after years of frustration. But as time goes on it's becoming inevitable that this game will be as riddled with bugs when it loses support as it is now, if not more.
    -----
    Tired of BUGs?

    Well, they'll still exist.
    But visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)
  • @anidriX
    Thank you for your words man! At this point this is a battle to make the community suffer less with BUGs, rather then trying to help devs make a better game, as it's clear they'd rather have me far away then as a partner, so their BUGs don't get exposed and then they can focus on the new bugged content they are preparing for us.

    And it's very sad that most of my work now is unreachable due to the profanity filter inability to ignore profanity checks in URLs
    -----
    Tired of BUGs?

    Well, they'll still exist.
    But visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)
  • Meerkat wrote: »
    Bossk is finally viable after getting his star cards fixed. This forum have a doomsday mentality it is what it is.

    Which they had inadvertently broken the patch before, while messing with something completely unrelated. What's the value of fixing issues, if they create issues faster then they fix them? You can praise them for the hundreds of bugs they solved, but is it really good when a thousand are still in the game? Especially considering that we have more bugs now then we had at launch?

    Of course we have a doomsday mentality, because they deliver patches that more and more lead us to believe the game will simply crumble.

    Many here hope that whenever they finally decide to stop supporting this game, it's at least in a viable state, just like the previous title, so we can at least enjoy some of it after years of frustration. But as time goes on it's becoming inevitable that this game will be as riddled with bugs when it loses support as it is now, if not more.

    You're right. It's not good that new issues are introduced as current ones are being addressed. I just save the doomsday mentality for when the game enters an unplayable state with gamebreaking issues. But yes the non-gamebreaking annoyances/b.u.g.s are piling up.
  • Because it’s frustrating feeling like concerns aren’t taken seriously
  • Game crashes once a day.
  • Game crashes once a day.

    No it doesn’t
    "You Don't Know the Power of the Dark Side"
    vader.gif
  • Game crashes once a day.

    No it doesn’t

    I crashed three times in two hours of playing.
    Confidence born of ignorance
  • Feelee16 wrote: »
    Game crashes once a day.

    No it doesn’t

    How can you tell him that he's not experiencing it? It might not happen to you but it could definitely be happening to others
    Game crashes once a day.

    No it doesn’t

    I crashed three times in two hours of playing.

    Are you on PC?
    "You Don't Know the Power of the Dark Side"
    vader.gif
  • Feelee16 wrote: »
    Game crashes once a day.

    No it doesn’t

    How can you tell him that he's not experiencing it? It might not happen to you but it could definitely be happening to others
    Game crashes once a day.

    No it doesn’t

    I crashed three times in two hours of playing.

    Are you on PC?

    Xbone.
    Confidence born of ignorance
Sign In or Register to comment.