criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

New player - so sad

Just got onto this game about 2 weeks ago. So sad, I expected nothing great but wow.

Xbox- crashes so bad that i an forced to restart xbox, can’t even just wuit and relaunch game.

Dying to heroes every 60 seconds, same player playing same hero over and over.

Seems like the obvious fix is everyone can play each hero available once per round. As it is right now, can’t see myself playing too much longer.

It’s too bad, all this obvious work that went into the game and it’s just not fun as it stands.

Replies

• I understand the feeling.

One of the modes I enjoy the most is Blast or Combat (not sure what's its name in english).

Perhaps you could join a group to enjoy larger modes, though I'm not sure how friendly they are since I haven't joined any. Instant Action is becoming promising, though missing offline GA/Strike is sad. My hope is they add split screen and remaining modes in the future.
  • TheEmperorPalpatine
    141 posts Member
    edited February 19
    prograham wrote: »
    Just got onto this game about 2 weeks ago. So sad, I expected nothing great but wow.

Xbox- crashes so bad that i an forced to restart xbox, can’t even just wuit and relaunch game.

Seems like the obvious fix is everyone can play each hero available once per round. As it is right now, can’t see myself playing too much longer.

It’s too bad, all this obvious work that went into the game and it’s just not fun as it stands.

Lol the term is "get gud" or get good. I have been level Max 50 for a while now, all my heroes are maxed out and I win fairly often. My advice, play alot during double xp to level up way faster, practice, find and add good players. Try to join games with those same good players and learn, overtime your battles will be more enjoyable.
    And about your xbox crashing.... well besides the game lagging on me and losing connection, I never really had to restart my PS4 🤷
  • Welcome to the party.
  • Welcome...don't worry... you will get into it
  • Tigzee
    321 posts Member
    edited February 20
    I know what you mean. I've been playing 2 years. I first installed early Jan 2017, a month or two after initial release, and I see how it differs from say COD or Fortnite. But I feel part of a BF2 community which is for the most part really dedicated to Star Wars and that keeps me interested. I enjoy that genuine fan following of this Universe and the way BF2 has grown over these two years. It's a welcome novelty when new modes and characters get added. My favs at the mo are COOP and Ewok Hunt....with HvV being a staple.

As bad as the LAG, issues and glitches get I guess I am dedicated to playing in this Universe. I would be truly surprised to see an alternative multiplayer Star Wars game to beat BF2.
  • prograham wrote: »

Lol the term is "get gud" or get good. I have been level Max 50 for a while now, all my heroes are maxed out and I win fairly often. My advice, play alot during double xp to level up way faster, practice, find and add good players. Try to join games with those same good players and learn, overtime your battles will be more enjoyable.
    And about your xbox crashing.... well besides the game lagging on me and losing connection, I never really had to restart my PS4 🤷

Lol, your probably that player that only plays Anikan, and farms bots, only uses force powers before running away and just being a tool all match. The gun play in this game is crap, that accuracy and damage is garbage, ttk is nearly 2 seconds for a lot of guns, you can't kill more than 1 player without children, often not even one. This game feels like a free to play game except we can't buy the "premium" ammo and "elite" weapons that you need to make it fun.
  • I've been playing the game for a couple of months now, and not once have I had to restart my Xbox. I don't know if you have an older console but it isn't a problem for me or most of my friends.

Agree here, game takes a while to get good at. 2 weeks is not enough and I’m sure there are players who are destroying the OP repeatedly who have been playing for 2 years. Get to know the maps, play all modes to get a feel for everything, practice on HvV for heroes, etc.

I understand you completely. Crashes are a problem that really only surfaced a month or two ago, but they usually fix them in time. The hero issue is just a matter of skill. Since you’re new to the game, nobody expects you to be able to finish off Darth Vader on your own, but with time and experience you will surpass this obstacle. My advice for this would just be to conserve grenades/explosives for heroes or large groups of enemies and to always stick with a teammate or two.
  • Waiting for your "Nerf" thread. Because new players have a thing for that before they even learn to get gud. lol