criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Good-Bye Star Wars Battle-Front 2 Beta!

ROMG4
5323 posts Member
Well today is it. the Beta has finally ended while I may not have been able to play it the full 2 weeks, I did get to play it for a few great days and what a fun Beta it was

So far Star Wars Battle-Front 2 is living up to what I hoped it would live up to. so let's discuss the fun stuff we experienced in the Beta, while we wait for the Game's Launch

It's gonna be a long wait
OOM-9 FOR LEGO STAR WARS
OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
Bring OOM-9, Hondo, Bo Katan, Mara Jade, Dengar, IG-88, Greedo, Zam Wessel General Veers, Tarkin and Rogue One, into the game we must. The way this is
Tell Me. Have You Ever Heard Of The Tragedy Of Darth Coyler The Wise?
A OOM-9 Thread!
https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/152598/the-oom-9-vs-jar-jar-season

Episode 9's Ending
https://us.v-cdn.net/6025735/uploads/editor/15/zs312vl0xftg.jpeg

Replies

• I absolutely loved what they did with the starfighters. The new controls are much tighter and it feels as if we have an infinite amount more control over the aircraft than in the last game. Starfighter Assault is what will draw me towards the game more than anything else.
    "A thing called grammar needs a buff."
    - tankertoad
  • I never thought playing the same map repeatedly would be fun...but it was i enjoyed every moment of it. My best moments were Rey running at me while i was Maul thinking she was gonna kick **** till i choke hold slammed her into the ground.Never underestimate the power of the Dark Side young padawan.
  • I agree, Battlefront 2 is nearly everything I wanted. The gun play is much tighter and in general it feels like they REALLY listened.

I hope in the next iteration we can see:

On map vehicles (With capabilities for multiple passengers; it just feels wrong to not have a buddy in the cockpit of the falcon with me)

Ability to land vehicles (I hate this new trend that started in BF4, give us the vehicles on map, and let us bring them to the ground.)

REAL progression system

Non linear maps and game modes

Better hero/character visual customization. Would love to be able to change the lightsaber crystals on certain heroes.

These are the only things I am wanting from the next game, compared to when EABF1 came out and it literally was just the shell of game. They did a hell of a job with this iteration of BF, and it's getting to where I feel like it truly is a modern version of the originals, rather than a reimagining.

• Man, it’s been absolutely amazing to play! I cannot wait to get the full game, it was so fun! I enjoyed every second, glitches, bugs and issues but that’s a beta for you, well done EA. You made battlefront way better than the first one! I’ll see you in November, ready to play and get my grind on.
  • Mystical
    420 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Was fun while it lasted.I definitely played that beta far more than I usually would play a beta for a game. Still not pre-ordering until full game comes out and I see what it has to offer though.
  • Goodbye Grenade!
    Battlefront II has a 11.3% chance of success.
    sfg04pfx1l31.gif
  • See you at launch

tenor.gif
  • qaVDG_s-200x150.gif
    Until the journey starts anew.
    "A thing called grammar needs a buff."
    - tankertoad
  • Had so much fun in the beta....and there's the key word: FUN.

SWBF 2015 left me getting frustrated...constantly, to the point where I'd have to get up take a breather. The bacta bomb+personal shields...the jump pack+pulse cannon...people camping the hero pick ups. It wasn't fun

But this beta has been absolutely fun...I do agree that there is some issues, but not once did I get frustrated with it. Even when I played as the crappy at this point in time Flametrooper.
    2aHWXlI.gif
  • Aside from how our characters progress, which seems like a complete sham, this beta has been a blast, improved over the last game in so many ways. Very much looking forward to the full release and starting the grind, as I won't be spending real money to advance, I just don't agree with that practice. November 14th can't come soon enough, it's been fun, see you all on the 'Front!!
  • Had so much fun really happy with the basics of the game that were changed. Obviously some things need changed and fixed, but that's the point of beta. People need to stop trashing things and try some constructive criticism. Imo.
  • Flying my Y-Wing bomber, firing everything I've got into the backside of the Slave I, TORPEDOS AWAY, then swooshing through the explosion and debris of Boba's iconic ship. Ahhhhhhhh feels just like Star Wars ought to feel. Totally trashing Maul with Han Solo's super fast blaster mode never gets old too :D
    WATCH THOSE WRIST ROCKETS!
  • Give me the Full game now
  • A load of fun getting to star card level 72.
  • A lot of fun was had since last wed.

Looking forward to the game next month

Data should show a bunch of inner workings of the game on a mass scale..and hopefully EA/DICE can sift threw the crap threads and figure out the best to move forward
  • Really enjoyed it but shame about the 'progression' system.
  • Going to play the original Battlefront 2 online now.
    Your journey nears its end.
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif
  • TK6084
    9 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    I absolutely loved every minute of it.
    I probably played it a little too much if I'm honest (snuck in a couple of rounds when I should have been working).

Starfighter assault was a dream to play, an extremely close second to galactic assault.
    It was a little frustrating when the team refuses to play the objective but still, a ton of fun, especially in first person.

I didn't think I'd be too fussed about Strike as I prefer larger game modes and maps but it was a really frenetic experience, especially from the First order's side.

And Galactic assault was definitely my favourite, easy to rack up the score with objective play and a blast when the inevitable skirmishes broke out around the Ion disrupter locations.
    Culminating in an all out war for supremacy of the capture point in the Palace, epic doesn't begin to cover it.

The one thing that I would really like to see would be a proper squad system so that I can stick together with a few friends during the game.

Apart from that I cant wait to jump into the full game next month and see what all the other maps and modes have to offer.
  • I played it about 4 days, the naboo map got pretty boring.
  • ROMG4
    5323 posts Member
    edited May 23
    I have come to a very great and remarkable Eureka

I want the BF2 beta back
    3hohdt.png

OOM-9 FOR LEGO STAR WARS
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    Bring OOM-9, Hondo, Bo Katan, Mara Jade, Dengar, IG-88, Greedo, Zam Wessel General Veers, Tarkin and Rogue One, into the game we must. The way this is
    Tell Me. Have You Ever Heard Of The Tragedy Of Darth Coyler The Wise?
    A OOM-9 Thread!
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/152598/the-oom-9-vs-jar-jar-season

Episode 9's Ending
    https://us.v-cdn.net/6025735/uploads/editor/15/zs312vl0xftg.jpeg
  • BlueSpy3DO
    1213 posts Member
    This didn’t age well
  • Remember the broken EE-4 and CFE
    those were the days
    PSN: this_old_mouse
  • IIPrest0nII
    5591 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    Necro-closed
This discussion has been closed.