criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Should Darth Vader's Furious Resilience Be Buffed?

OOM19
2833 posts Member
Personally I say no

Vader is already the tankiest hero in the game. And upon activating Furious resilience, immediately gets a 200HP Armor wall and 25% Resistance to all damage. which buffs his health by several hundred points

He does not need a buff in my opinion

Replies

• No. He already has the most hitpoints, he already has 25% damage reduction which is quite enough. He already has force choke which if it hits you as a hero, you may as well give up and die because you also have to eat his saber throw while youre being choked. And forget about it in GA, you're dead if he has 1 trooper backing him up.

If anything id day nerf/change the way force choke works. As it is now against heros, way to strong.
    kay4dnh923zs.png
  • Devlin21
    8347 posts Member
    Against non heroes only, against heroes its 25%.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• Ledorus
    212 posts Member
    Definitely no buffs for Vader. Even after the nerf in the previous patch he is miles above other heroes.
  • ad1997_1
    461 posts Member
    No. He already has the most hitpoints, he already has 25% damage reduction which is quite enough. He already has force choke which if it hits you as a hero, you may as well give up and die because you also have to eat his saber throw while youre being choked. And forget about it in GA, you're dead if he has 1 trooper backing him up.

If anything id day nerf/change the way force choke works. As it is now against heros, way to strong.

Totally agree. Vader is more than tanky enough right now, the only thing that needs change is the force choke against heroes. Don't know how though, but it's just so good right now.
  • ad1997_1 wrote: »
    No. He already has the most hitpoints, he already has 25% damage reduction which is quite enough. He already has force choke which if it hits you as a hero, you may as well give up and die because you also have to eat his saber throw while youre being choked. And forget about it in GA, you're dead if he has 1 trooper backing him up.

Totally agree. Vader is more than tanky enough right now, the only thing that needs change is the force choke against heroes. Don't know how though, but it's just so good right now.

They need to balance hero combat and HvV seperately like they did with lukes push abilities.

This is an opportunity to make it so force choke just deals insta damage to heros and staggers them like it did in bf 2015 and buff it against troopers, it chokes them and suspends them in the air effortlessly, allowing vader to multi-task.
    kay4dnh923zs.png
  • The_Rookie
    3870 posts Member
    @TonyGoombah1
    Glad you weighed in.
  • lerodemmy wrote: »
    @TonyGoombah1
    Glad you weighed in.

Just doing my civic duty.
    kay4dnh923zs.png
  • Shinjuku
    1760 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    @Devastator21823 Agreed. I'll probably say tweak Furious Resilience up against infantry and the other classes, this would help him out in Galactic Assault but not against other heroes so he's more balanced in Heroes Vs Villains, he's definitely S S tier without a doubt.
    MLtmeEi.png
    " If you're not with me, then you're my enemy."
  • I've furious resilience myself fought Rey and gotten the no I lost back in the regain HP card (all on purple)
  • Jello770
    5592 posts Member
    5char
    0jyvw7n0afxb.gif
    Psn: Jello770
  • Raices
    1592 posts Member
    Yup, only for GA.
  • Darthsteve88
    371 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Vader is fine, any buff given to him would be too much. I’d even say his choke doesn’t need to be changed at the moment. If you use it right, you could win in any fight as him.
  • Yes for selfish reasons. No if I am facing him.
  • Yeah, of course he needs it, at least revert his HP back to 900.
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
  • AVGN
    508 posts Member
    15% base damage reduction for Focused Rage, ability to block while choking and reduce the immobilizing effect (nerf) on other heroes so they can escape faster and not fall on their **** leading to devastating 400 damage with follow up attacks. PROBLEM SOLVED!
    Beta tester for STAR WARS™ Bugfront 2™.

What were they thinking?
  • AVGN
    508 posts Member
    Just one thing I'd like to add. Yous guys talk a lot about buffs and nerfs but never about changes. Some heroes can be extremely OP on certain scenarios but worthless depending on the situation, turning them into one trick ponies. Let's talk about Boba. He can run away like a **** and hide a lot, deal heavy damage with his rockets and his blaster up close. All it takes to avoid his rockets is one simple dodge. Knocking him out of the sky is the easiest thing to do in GA. Some people want Boba buffs, some people nerfs. He needs BALANCE. What i suggest: reduce his mobility, reduce the max rocket damage, increase the splash damage or reduce spread/speed (these are up for debate), increase health a bit and slightly limit the things that can knock him out of the sky.
    Beta tester for STAR WARS™ Bugfront 2™.

What were they thinking?
  • IIPrest0nII
    5591 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    Closed- necro
This discussion has been closed.