criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission
No Match for a Good Blaster

Cargo: A Star Wars Battlefront Twist on a Classic Game Mode

rendition1.img.jpg

Rebels and Imperials are fighting over precious cargo and it’s up to your team to outwit the opposition with both offensive and defensive tactics. Our Lead Level Designer Dennis Brännvall takes you through a classic game mode with a tug-of-war style spin: Cargo.

“Star Wars™ Battlefront™ has many new and unique game modes that fans really haven’t seen before, but some game modes are such classics – and we love to play them so much ourselves – that we simply had to have them in the game. Capture the flag is one of these staples, and in Star Wars Battlefront, Cargo is our take on that mode.”

This is how it works: Rebels and Imperials both have a base on the map where valuable cargo is stored. Your objective is to run...

Read More: http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront/news/cargo-a-star-wars-battlefront-twist-on-a-classic-game-mode
Thanks
Sledgehammer70
Star Wars Battlefront Community Guy

Replies

• good ol capture the flag

classic but a goodie!
  • Nice!
  • Great..
  • You guys really added a lot of modes and content to this game. So hyped! great job!
  • Man this game moe will be tense to play, seeing your score jumping about so much. Placing down turrets and defending sounds like my sort of gig but id love to play as a quick Han Solo-type character with a pistol too.
    Lots of potential for replay-ability i love it.
  • Soo many modes!!its going to be fun i need this game in my life right now
    May The Force Be With You.
  • swbfinterested
    462 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    I dunno, it just kind of sounds like normal CTF to me, not really a ''twist'' just a small 20 degree turn.
    There have been games where you can capture without having to have your flag at the base.
  • Regardless if you view it as a normal game mode, admit it you would be complaining if they didn't have it.
    Some star cards that help with stealth would be awesome though to balance them you would need to have a really long cool down as an offensive measure. Another idea would be a shield that you could use to block physical matter from passing but not blaster shots as a temporary way to block a hallway but still be able to shoot through as a defensive measure.
  • Question on this game mode: since the initial score is 5 - 5 am I right when I assume that each team starts off with 5 pieces of cargo over which we then fight throughout the round?
  • chefhl wrote: »
    Question on this game mode: since the initial score is 5 - 5 am I right when I assume that each team starts off with 5 pieces of cargo over which we then fight throughout the round?

Dont quote me on this but i am pretty sure it will be 1 cargo in each base at a time :) That is how i see the game mode working anyway.
  • swbfinterested
    462 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    im thinking 2 people can run up, grab a cargo, and you are down to 3. No waiting. Then they can run off back to their base, and score 2 points at once. That better be how it works anyway, or its not much of a star wars twist =/ if its only 1 at a time its just basic CTF, and they should shhh.
    It would be neat if devs actually commented on posts on here, have you seen 1 dev replying to anyones post anywhere?
  • im thinking 2 people can run up, grab a cargo, and you are down to 3. No waiting. Then they can run off back to their base, and score 2 points at once. That better be how it works anyway, or its not much of a star wars twist =/ if its only 1 at a time its just basic CTF, and they should shhh.
    It would be neat if devs actually commented on posts on here, have you seen 1 dev replying to anyones post anywhere?

I just think the fighting would be split up to much if everyone is going after different people. I do not feel there is enough people on each team to let a team carry more then one cargo at a time. If there was 10 on each. I could understand it more since there would be more shoot outs and more people focusing on each objective. (If that makes any sense) As for the Dev question. Err. I personally have not. But if i was a Dev i would not reply either. All they can really say is "We can not give out this information at this time" :( They can get into a lot of trouble if they give out information that they are not suppose to :D
  • I can hardly wait!
    Remember peace is a lie.
  • and im going to assume cargo gets returned automatically? don't have to run it back to base?
  • Will we be able to use vehicles I'm Cargo? It is canon. Han dumped his cargo in space to keep from getting caught, that's why Jabba placed a bounty on him.
    In the First episode of Rebels season one, Ezra lured a group of scout troopers on speederbikes carrying 2 cargo boxes of E11 blasters each. He and Kanan prptly stole them with a landspeeder and a stolen speederbike. They were chased by Imperial Troop Transports and hunters on speederbikes.
    There are several episodes where the Rebels use vehicles to steal and carry the stolen cargo.

I personally would like to see at least 1 tank of some type and maybe 1-3 speederbikes on a few Cargo maps. 1 ATST for the Imperials and 1 Rebel alliance speeder tank( these are just examples).

All vehicles should be able to carry a flag but you may have to "bail" to drop it off. This makes it a strategic decision for defenders in tanks. Bail and risk losing the flag and your tank, or try to hold off the enemy so your team can pick it up before it resets at the enemy base.

A Fighter Squadron version of Cargo would be nice. Similar to SWBF2+ Fighter Squadron.
    Kill the neutral ai transport then take the cargo back to your safe zone. The neutral transport should shoot at both teams to make it more challenging. If you want to take that a step further, you need to drop off the cargo at the enemy safe zone.
    Basically space CTF 1 flag from SWBF2 but the flag shoots back before you can pick it.
  • I have a question. Will the star wars battlefront website have any more alpha game play with different modes like supremacy and droid run?
    Thanks!
  • LordPuck wrote: »
    Will we be able to use vehicles I'm Cargo? It is canon. Han dumped his cargo in space to keep from getting caught, that's why Jabba placed a bounty on him.
    In the First episode of Rebels season one, Ezra lured a group of scout troopers on speederbikes carrying 2 cargo boxes of E11 blasters each. He and Kanan prptly stole them with a landspeeder and a stolen speederbike. They were chased by Imperial Troop Transports and hunters on speederbikes.
    There are several episodes where the Rebels use vehicles to steal and carry the stolen cargo.

I personally would like to see at least 1 tank of some type and maybe 1-3 speederbikes on a few Cargo maps. 1 ATST for the Imperials and 1 Rebel alliance speeder tank( these are just examples).

All vehicles should be able to carry a flag but you may have to "bail" to drop it off. This makes it a strategic decision for defenders in tanks. Bail and risk losing the flag and your tank, or try to hold off the enemy so your team can pick it up before it resets at the enemy base.

A Fighter Squadron version of Cargo would be nice. Similar to SWBF2+ Fighter Squadron.
    Kill the neutral ai transport then take the cargo back to your safe zone. The neutral transport should shoot at both teams to make it more challenging. If you want to take that a step further, you need to drop off the cargo at the enemy safe zone.
    Basically space CTF 1 flag from SWBF2 but the flag shoots back before you can pick it.
    Dice???? I just reread the Vehicle list. I can understand if youre leaving vehicles out for a surprise later but the vehicles that are listed, show the gametypes that vehicle can be found in.

Not 1 says anything about Cargo having vehicles. Will Cargo have vehicles Dice? ( 1 speederbike per team doesnt count).
  • I love these small modes but shame i cant play co op offline :'(
  • "Fli Orzun Monmitium" I NECRO THIS THREAD FOR I AM THE EVIL AZ ALGOUHL the necromancer from the forums. Rise my necroed threds RISE!
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!