criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar

The Geonosis Genicide

So if any of you stuck around for the most recent episode of Star Wars Rebels, we learn that the Empire has wiped out the entirety of the Geonosians.

How or why is still unclear. But what is know, is that the Death Star was under construction over Geonosis for quite some time. While it may not be there anymore, it may be safe to assume that the majority of the Geonosian population was working on the Death Star, or something else.

Thoughts?
PSN: Trooper8059
"Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
ezgif_5_a643336582.gif

Replies

• DarthJ
    6759 posts Member
    It's touched on in the current Darth Vader comics - one of the earlier issues had him go to Geonosis looking to activate a droid army that Dr Aphra knew about (can't remember how she found out I will have to re-read). Anyhow, he goes to Geonosis to find a Geonosian Queen still lives and has attached herself to a droid making machine to create droids. She mentions the Empire 'taking enough from her people' and things like that, little hints here and there. There's a lot of bones etc of Geonosians around.

Point being, I'd agree they helped them, but then possibly tested out weapons systems etc on them? Not necessarily the planet destroyer as its still there, but something else.
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • DarthJ wrote: »
    It's touched on in the current Darth Vader comics - one of the earlier issues had him go to Geonosis looking to activate a droid army that Dr Aphra knew about (can't remember how she found out I will have to re-read). Anyhow, he goes to Geonosis to find a Geonosian Queen still lives and has attached herself to a droid making machine to create droids. She mentions the Empire 'taking enough from her people' and things like that, little hints here and there. There's a lot of bones etc of Geonosians around.

Point being, I'd agree they helped them, but then possibly tested out weapons systems etc on them? Not necessarily the planet destroyer as its still there, but something else.

I'm taking it she died based on how no life forms were detected.
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • Didn't realize the death star was constructed over Geonosis, but I agree with your assumption. As I was watching Rebels I thought since they helped produce the droid army, they wiped the planet out of existence shortly after the Empire was formed. They use and destroy everything when it comes to evidence.
    Valid Token Confirmed.

fyq20437essy.png
  • DarthJ
    6759 posts Member
    DarthJ wrote: »

Possibly, I've never watched Rebels - when is it set? Current Vader/Star Wars Comics are set between episodes 4 and 5. That's when they find the Queen, and I didn't think he killed her when I read it. Possible canon clash, unless he did kill her?

I may have to have a watch of rebels!
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • Rebels is set before the events of Episode 4. Just like the Clone Wars was, Rebels is a great show. They do a great job linking things from the prequels to the original trilogy. One of the future episodes supposedly has some ties to the Force Awakens as well.
    Valid Token Confirmed.

fyq20437essy.png
  • DarthJ wrote: »
    DarthJ wrote: »

Possibly, I've never watched Rebels - when is it set? Current Vader/Star Wars Comics are set between episodes 4 and 5. That's when they find the Queen, and I didn't think he killed her when I read it. Possible canon clash, unless he did kill her?

I may have to have a watch of rebels!

I believe it's 4-5 years before the Battle of Yavin.
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • The newest Rebel Recon or whatever it's called episode had some guy mention that they will go into detail about the fate of the bugs in a future Rebels episode.

I wasn't the biggest fan of this show when it came out but it's definitely getting better and better. I can not wait to see what comes next.
    Failed to connect to EA Online.
  • It's likely they fled to a different planet.
    "Hello, Bart."