criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Darth Maul Community Quests

How do you communicate with other players?

When playing Heroes v Villains sometimes I'm desperate for health and try to make either the Emperor or Leia know, depending on which side I am on. With there being no way to directly communicate with other players how do you try to let the others know you need health?

I either try jumping up and down infront of the Emperor or Leia, use emotes or try slashing them with my lightsaber - it rarely works but I have no idea how to get their attention.

Vader (me): I'm really low on health and need you to produce a health token for me to collect as next direct hit I'm going to die - (jump up and down, slash the emperor)

Emperor: "Everything is proceeding as planned" before running off cackling

Vader (me) No, it's not, I'm about to die and need some health!

Is there a particular thing you do to get the attention of Leia or the Emperor to get them to drop a health token?

Replies

  • Dice - if you read this please can we have an emote we can press that says "I need health" or something like that which we can use to let the Emperor/Leia know we need some help!
  • the emotes are all so useless, i hear ya! it's so frustrating when Leia or Palpatine just don't get anything. i try the same every time, shooting at them, using the light saber, facing them constantly, moving left, right, left, using all available emotes...often nothing helps. sometimes they understand, Leia shoots back, facing me, letting me know she got it, "you need to wait a little", alright. there are so many other situations you would need an emote for. people don't pay attention to the automatical emotes either, like when Luke says "i could need some help here!".shooting is pretty much the main "language", difficult to interpret though. add more useful emotes!
    Wer die Wahrheit sagt braucht ein verdammt schnelles Pferd!
  • JoshDamage
    1429 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Hope this helps



    Cb6U29IXIAAthku.jpg:large
  • JoshDamage wrote: »
    Hope this helps



    Cb6U29IXIAAthku.jpg:large
    You obviously did not read the post...

    I play HvV a lot and agree that there should be a better way to communicate that you need health. I also shoot/slash the emperor or leia to let them know I need health. Usually they get the message and heal me, but other times they don't. It's frustrating when they jus hog the heals for themselves, especially when they have a lot of health.
  • JoshDamage
    1429 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Arockstar2 wrote: »
    JoshDamage wrote: »
    Hope this helps



    Cb6U29IXIAAthku.jpg:large
    You obviously did not read the post...

    I play HvV a lot and agree that there should be a better way to communicate that you need health. I also shoot/slash the emperor or leia to let them know I need health. Usually they get the message and heal me, but other times they don't. It's frustrating when they jus hog the heals for themselves, especially when they have a lot of health.

    You obviously can't put two and two together. Have you tried pressing the arrows? Have you tried anything other then slashing them (which could mean 2 million things btw). So silly.
  • I think a lot of SWBF players also played BF4 and other FPS where communication was essential...it took me a couple months to realize it but Battlefront is not a hardcore FPS and I don't think it ever will be. I don't like the lack of communication but I understand why its not a part of the game.

    To answer your question the only communication I have with other players is the brief moment before each match. "I have a really bad feeling about this"
  • gotothegym wrote: »
    I think a lot of SWBF players also played BF4 and other FPS where communication was essential...it took me a couple months to realize it but Battlefront is not a hardcore FPS and I don't think it ever will be. I don't like the lack of communication but I understand why its not a part of the game.

    To answer your question the only communication I have with other players is the brief moment before each match. "I have a really bad feeling about this"

    this.

    Imho communicating with your team and getting no help would make it even more frustrating.

    Every time a Battlefield is released the teamplay on public servers is [insert really bad language].
    As time goes by the VC [VeryCasuals] leave and teamplay improves.
    (Don't get me wrong i'm a casual too)

    This will not happen here because the game is made for casual gaming and the VC will be here till the end.

    (I'm very glad there is no ingame Com. because i'm playing online with my kids and i do'nt want them to hear me screaming at my teammates to PTFO all the time).
  • ... I use the chat?
  • Deerber wrote: »
    ... I use the chat?

    It defaults to being hidden on PC anyway. Nobody knows it exists.
  • Deerber
    766 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    MoistGamer wrote: »
    Deerber wrote: »
    ... I use the chat?

    It defaults to being hidden on PC anyway. Nobody knows it exists.

    Uh? What the hell are you talking about? The
    chat's there for everyone to see...

    Edit: so I can't even say hell? Okay...

    Edit2: and now it doesn't censor it. Okay, I guess...
  • Deerber wrote: »
    MoistGamer wrote: »
    Deerber wrote: »
    ... I use the chat?

    It defaults to being hidden on PC anyway. Nobody knows it exists.

    Uh? What the hell are you talking about? The
    chat's there for everyone to see...

    Edit: so I can't even say hell? Okay...

    Edit2: and now it doesn't censor it. Okay, I guess...

    The little chat box came default as hidden meaning somebody needs to start typing a message themselves in order for the chat to pop up . Did for me anyway. Theres an option to keep it unhidden I think.
  • I do the robot.
    PSN : BIG_JAY_ALLDAY it should have been this way day 1
  • DarthJ
    6436 posts Member
    bigjay wrote: »
    I do the robot.

    I tusken raider yell at anyone with my Sullustan skin. The 'HEY HEY HEY HEY HEY' seems to get everyone's attention.
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • DarthJ
    6436 posts Member
    On a serious note, I'm a Leia player who tries to heal the team, but they go all Rambo generally and ignore it, so you end up sick of trying.

    Did have a funny moment the other day where I was Vader, on my last legs, the Emperor player drops a heal, and faces my direction. I go over, thankful, and then he proceeds to force dash through it, taking it, and then says the 'I'm quite safe...' emote to rub it in. I died a second later (whilst laughing but also frustrated).
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • Usually the jumping, slashing, staying in their faces is what I do, and what other people have done to me in the past.

    It has worked. You have to understand they may have already used it, the cooldown is rather long. If we are in a "safe" place, me (Leia) stay in the same place and wait until card cools down then give it to them.

    I have also done the other way around, me as Leia, if I'm in good health, go and jump, shoot, etc once I get their attention I drop the health.

    HvV rounds are rather short, there's hardly enough time to attempt this on a regular basis IMO.
  • smoke signals
  • MoistGamer wrote: »
    Deerber wrote: »
    MoistGamer wrote: »
    Deerber wrote: »
    ... I use the chat?

    It defaults to being hidden on PC anyway. Nobody knows it exists.

    Uh? What the hell are you talking about? The
    chat's there for everyone to see...

    Edit: so I can't even say hell? Okay...

    Edit2: and now it doesn't censor it. Okay, I guess...

    The little chat box came default as hidden meaning somebody needs to start typing a message themselves in order for the chat to pop up . Did for me anyway. Theres an option to keep it unhidden I think.

    It pops up anytime anyone writes or you push the chat button... Why would that make it not effective at communicating?
  • With my middle finger extended usually.
  • Some people either aren't aware of what's going on or they don't care. I'll stand I front of Leia, who's been camping on the other side of the map, jumping up and down in front of her and nothing. While in-game chat or commands would be nice, it won't fix the oblivious or selfish.
  • Eldonorian wrote: »
    With my middle finger extended usually.

    LMAO :lol:
  • JoshDamage wrote: »
    Arockstar2 wrote: »
    JoshDamage wrote: »
    Hope this helps



    Cb6U29IXIAAthku.jpg:large
    You obviously did not read the post...

    I play HvV a lot and agree that there should be a better way to communicate that you need health. I also shoot/slash the emperor or leia to let them know I need health. Usually they get the message and heal me, but other times they don't. It's frustrating when they jus hog the heals for themselves, especially when they have a lot of health.

    You obviously can't put two and two together. Have you tried pressing the arrows? Have you tried anything other then slashing them (which could mean 2 million things btw). So silly.
    You posted a pic showing you can direct your AI team around in battles mode. That doesn't pertain to what was being asked as HvV is online with people. Slashing/shooting at the healer on my team usually works for me although I feel there should be a better way of expressing that you need healing.
  • JoshDamage wrote: »
    Arockstar2 wrote: »
    JoshDamage wrote: »
    Hope this helps



    Cb6U29IXIAAthku.jpg:large
    You obviously did not read the post...

    I play HvV a lot and agree that there should be a better way to communicate that you need health. I also shoot/slash the emperor or leia to let them know I need health. Usually they get the message and heal me, but other times they don't. It's frustrating when they jus hog the heals for themselves, especially when they have a lot of health.

    You obviously can't put two and two together. Have you tried pressing the arrows? Have you tried anything other then slashing them (which could mean 2 million things btw). So silly.

    There are no "AI Allies" in Heros VS Villians, smart guy.
  • Arockstar2 wrote: »
    JoshDamage wrote: »
    Arockstar2 wrote: »
    JoshDamage wrote: »
    Hope this helps



    Cb6U29IXIAAthku.jpg:large
    You obviously did not read the post...

    I play HvV a lot and agree that there should be a better way to communicate that you need health. I also shoot/slash the emperor or leia to let them know I need health. Usually they get the message and heal me, but other times they don't. It's frustrating when they jus hog the heals for themselves, especially when they have a lot of health.

    You obviously can't put two and two together. Have you tried pressing the arrows? Have you tried anything other then slashing them (which could mean 2 million things btw). So silly.
    You posted a pic showing you can direct your AI team around in battles mode. That doesn't pertain to what was being asked as HvV is online with people. Slashing/shooting at the healer on my team usually works for me although I feel there should be a better way of expressing that you need healing.

    It was a suggestion. You should try it. Don't like the mechanics in this game. Go play something else.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!