criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Focused Feedback

Your user name

Prev1
I've been on the forums a while now and over the last month I've possibly read every post members have posted but I still try to figure out how a person selected a particular user name. For some it's obvious but for others I have my own thoughts (which may be totally wrong).

What does your log-in name mean? For me, I love The Usual Suspects and it was a variation on Keyser Soze.

How/why did you choose your user name?

Replies

• I've always used Kitchmix, as I make mashups and dj under that name.
  • I used to compete in car audio SPL competition iDBL (International Decibel League) was the one that I competed in the most out here in the western US, then I moved on to other orgs, but the idblfanatic just stuck with me through the forums
  • I like the swamp :)
  • I used to compete in car audio SPL competition iDBL (International Decibel League) was the one that I competed in the most out here in the western US, then I moved on to other orgs, but the idblfanatic just stuck with me through the forums

That's actually something I would never have guessed. I'd have thought the idbl was something Star awards related

That's fair enough. Are you 29/30 years old?

• A12thDegreeNinja_BCM. Long story short, in middle school we had a dude who claimed to be a 12th degree blackbelt, that claim was repeatedly challenged, 10 years later worked as a sub contractor, regaled the story to my partner, who then claimed to be a 12th degree samurai, i countered with being a ninja, 15 years later still an inside joke.

That's fair enough. Are you 29/30 years old?

Yes ..forgot about that part haha
  • ChadDSolo
    1457 posts Member
    First name, middle initial, Solo is a play on my real last name...that and my gamertag didn't work as a username for some reason.
  • My real name

That's actually something I would never have guessed. I'd have thought the idbl was something Star awards related

It looks like it has actually change to IASCA dB League now

http://iasca.com/idbl/
  • Thorwindz
    96 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Mine is cause I am Norwegian, Viking!!! Love norse mythology and Thor is awesome, also goes by Thorwind ingame.

My age if it has anything to say: I have encountered and bested 32 winters and still going strong.
  • Thorwindz wrote: »
    Mine is cause I am Norwegian, Viking!!! Love norse mythology and Thor is awesome, also goes by Thorwind ingame.

My age if it has anything to say: I have encountered and bested 32 winters and still going strong.

I've come across your user name and assumed you were Norwegian - not sure why I assumed that but I'm not sure why - not with Thor such a Marvel icon - to be fair anyone could use Thor as their user name but I did think you were Norwegian (true story)

I've come across your user name and assumed you were Norwegian - not sure why I assumed that but I'm not sure why - not with Thor such a Marvel icon - to be fair anyone could use Thor as their user name but I did think you were Norwegian (true story)

Recognition ;) Thorwind_83 right? with the black and white avatar?

I thought it was because Thor farted...... :D :D :D :P lol

• MadVlad
    432 posts Member
    Vladimir Romanov was chairman of hearts football awhile back,the media here in Scotland named him Madvlad cause he was pretty mad so I use the name.cant remember why the numbers.
  • RobbaFett
    150 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    shoved my name into "Boba Fett".

(had to spell a tad different because someone else must have the original)
  • I loved Salacious Crumb in ROTJ. It (he/she?) just made me laugh.

For fun, I chose 'Bomb' instead of Crumb.
  • MadVlad wrote: »
    Vladimir Romanov was chairman of hearts football awhile back,the media here in Scotland named him Madvlad cause he was pretty mad so I use the name.cant remember why the numbers.

Are you in Edinburgh then? I could google this but was he the chairman who sacked a manager when you were top having won the first 8/9 games?

• MadVlad
    432 posts Member
    In Perth,yes sacked the manager after wining first twelve games,madness
  • It's an anagram for my name
  • MadVlad wrote: »
    In Perth,yes sacked the manager after wining first twelve games,madness

I remember that season. Absolute madness
  • MadVlad
    432 posts Member
    Lived up to his name
  • sharpjoker wrote: »
    It's an anagram for my name

You could save me hours by just telling me your real name now? Joe?
  • I like crack.... Jk it's my psn tag :)
  • I like Mr Furious....his power is he gets furious, like the fury of 1000 suns
  • Nemesis comes from the greek culture. It describes someone or something that causes you major problems. It also represents avenger of crime. The meaning is "to give what is due".

• I like Mr Furious....his power is he gets furious, like the fury of 1000 suns

As do you in the various posts I've read so a fitting name :)

• GuaRDiaN ANGeL

I've had the same handle since the Internet started. I like helping people and protecting them in games, particularly from the air.
  • Nemesis comes from the greek culture. It describes someone or something that causes you major problems. It also represents avenger of crime. The meaning is "to give what is due".

The user name I guessed but Is your pic from GTA?

The user name I guessed but Is your pic from GTA?

nope! But I honestly can't remember where I found it lol

• ChadDSolo
    1457 posts Member
    I like Mr Furious....his power is he gets furious, like the fury of 1000 suns

Rage....subsiding.

Fun movie.
  • I've been on the forums a while now and over the last month I've possibly read every post members have posted but I still try to figure out how a person selected a particular user name. For some it's obvious but for others I have my own thoughts (which may be totally wrong).

What does your log-in name mean? For me, I love The Usual Suspects and it was a variation on Keyser Soze.

I love that movie! Fenster was my favorite character. Emma is my daughter and she is hard core like boba
  • Ezio
    974 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Assassin's Creed. A lot of people I talk to consider my normal username to be noobish because it has my actual name in it (hey, I came up with it when I was 9), so I just did something different for the forums. I've used the original Battlefront logo as my profile pic for everything for years, though.
  • I think you can guess what mine's about
  • I've been on the forums a while now and over the last month I've possibly read every post members have posted but I still try to figure out how a person selected a particular user name. For some it's obvious but for others I have my own thoughts (which may be totally wrong).

I love that movie! Fenster was my favorite character. Emma is my daughter and she is hard core like boba

I think that most people probably thought that you were Emma
  • Ezio
    974 posts Member
    I think you can guess what mine's about

Yeah, you can never be too safe while cycling.
  • mine is kinda lame, ive had it since my webkinz account from 2007, and it just kinda stuck. smh
  • EmmaFett10304
    2498 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    I've been on the forums a while now and over the last month I've possibly read every post members have posted but I still try to figure out how a person selected a particular user name. For some it's obvious but for others I have my own thoughts (which may be totally wrong).

I think that most people probably thought that you were Emma

Im big on subterfuge!
  • Self explanatory.
    "Hello, Bart."
  • Self explanatory.

Erm, Robert?
  • Self explanatory.

Erm, Robert?

No.
    "Hello, Bart."
  • Self explanatory.

Erm, Robert?

No.

Sideshow Bob? Bob?
  • It's been my nickname for the past 30+ years.
  • I'm a girl, well woman now, and when I learned to snowboard I was purple from the waist down with bruises. The name just stuck :-)
  • ChadDSolo
    1457 posts Member
    grrlpurple wrote: »
    I'm a girl, well woman now, and when I learned to snowboard I was purple from the waist down with bruises. The name just stuck :-)

Eeeewww...girls.

(Just kidding)
  • Evil Dead 2!!
  • Ezio
    974 posts Member
    grrlpurple wrote: »
    I'm a girl, well woman now, and when I learned to snowboard I was purple from the waist down with bruises. The name just stuck :-)

This has nothing to do with the thread, but I'd just like to say that I finally got my girlfriend to play online with me and you were the first person she freaked out on for killing her.
  • grrlpurple wrote: »

I know you were a girl from your previous posts where that creep was abusive (and you rightfully reported) but I didn't know where the purple came from!
  • deadbydawn wrote: »
    Evil Dead 2!!

Classic! Ash is the man!
  • grants
    34 posts Member
    I started using ohgrant back in the win 95 era. Got my first internet connection, dial-up, and thought it would be easy to just use my name as my first email address. Didn't turn out so good, I tried every combination of my name with my initials, finally gave up and went with the automated suggestion. I've used it on forums ever since.

Old rocker here learning audio production. My gaming PC is also my studio DAW. This is me, recorded and mixed on the same PC I play Battlefront on
    2i6i0jo.gif Me