criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission
No Match for a Good Blaster

Teamplay Focus Question

I've read that players can "tag” or “focus” on any game mode objective but i haven't actually seen how it works. How close do you have to be to tag something? Can you un-tag it? I've seen the numbers appear next to the objective indicator, but i don't think I've affected any change at all.

Any ideas? Suggestions?

Replies

• If you aim at it and press the action button (X on Xbox) a yellow number will show up which indicates that you are focusing on that objective, but if you are not focused on it the numbers are still white. I'm not sure about how close you need to be, bit I was using it from a good distance on Turning Point. And I think if you tag it again it untags it, and if you tag a different one it will switch over. At least I think that's how it works
  • tts42572
    1132 posts Member
    These seems pretty useless to me. I mean, I don't pay attention to this at all right now....And don't do it myself either. I actually completely forgot about it until this post.

Why can't they just have objective areas marked on the radar and have your teammates show with like blue dots or something so that you can just see where your teammates all are?

I don't think most will bother using the indicator thing to tell people where they're going.
  • Yeah I've found that most people will try out marking it but don't actually use it or stick to what they put
  • snakebro25 wrote: »
    Yeah I've found that most people will try out marking it but don't actually use it or stick to what they put

"Do as I say, not as I do."
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • thanks i've been trying to do this but you've cleared that it's a two step command, it's like squad commands in Battlefield. For a team based game you really would think there would be a lot more communications and commands.

"Teamplay Focus: New feature in which an objective can be highlighted by each player to highlight where players are heading; press X (Xbox One), Square (PlayStation 4), or E (PC)"

http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront/forums/discussion/34755/star-wars-battlefront-outer-rim-update-ps4-pc-x1#latest
    snakebro25 wrote: »
    If you aim at it and press the action button (X on Xbox) a yellow number will show up which indicates that you are focusing on that objective, but if you are not focused on it the numbers are still white. I'm not sure about how close you need to be, bit I was using it from a good distance on Turning Point. And I think if you tag it again it untags it, and if you tag a different one it will switch over. At least I think that's how it works
    "With the Force, he has joined. Grieve, I will not"
  • I think it is a great feature for turning point, supremacy, or WA. It's up to the people playing to put it to use though...so yeah, wasted for the most part
  • You literally hover the reticle over the red/blue objective icon (no matter how far away it is) and press square/x/whatever button PC use. Not really that useful at all.
  • I tried it but couldn't figure out wth it is all about. How is anyone supposed to figure out how to do that, anyway?
  • Actually it would be useful if people used it. I'd forgotten all about it but was playing Extraction I think today and kept seeing that little yellow counter with the white numbers and I couldn't figure out what it was. This post reminded me.

On modes like Turning Point it would be very helpful if everyone used it so you could see where teammates were heading. As of now you just have to feel it out, and when you see one marker falling into enemy hands more than the others you go there (as does everyone else). If more people used these new markers you could stay 'home' defending one point knowing that four others are already headed to the other spot.
  • I think I'm the only person that actually uses it haha. It's very useful in Supremacy, or at least would be if people cared
  • j_novs
    711 posts Member
    I use it as well, I'm sure eventually it'll catch on with players that are unsure about it's purpose.
  • Nobody uses it.

How about we just get voice chat? Ya know?!
  • Nobody uses it.

How about we just get voice chat? Ya know?!

And a mute option just in case people decide to be annoying.
  • j_novs
    711 posts Member
    In theory voice would be ideal, however I'm not sure I could tolerate voice chat specially if it mirrors how people go at each other in the forums.

IMO it would be unbearable.
  • JackTHorn
    3653 posts Member
    The icon numbers and ability to tag an objective seems like it could be really useful. I've already appreciated it in Turning Point and Extraction.
  • They should actually take some notes from battlefield when it comes to objective type stuff... But remix it in a way that'll give it that starwars feel to it cause when it's "remixed" it ain't copying
    blood_moon_by_ctreuse109-d8dnr8j.png
  • Cause iswear battlefield could so help push and shape up Battlefront pretty good but like I said... Take notes and remix it to give it that starwars feel
  • And another thing... Instead of "partners" it really should be "Groups" groups of 4 or 5