criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

Quick Q

Can the players that purchased the DLC use the new weapons/cards against players that haven't bought the DLC? I've played the last couple days and didn't see anything new besides the new disruptor cannon that everyone can use. Anyway, I hope not. That's indirectly pay to win and fractures the online community. Can anyone confirm or deny?

Replies

• Its not pay to win when 3 of 4 new guns are terribad, and the one that isnt is niche. But of course they can be used anywhere.
  • Yes, can definitely use the new weapons in all modes, outer rim or not. None of them are really OP in any sense though, and 2 of them are released to everyone. I wouldn't really call it Pay to Win since the weapons give you no particular advantage over any others.
  • Webn8tr_
    3145 posts Member
    I personally believe the two free guns are better than the two dlc guns.
    Yes you can use them whenever once unlocked.
    No need to unlock them if you try them offline.
  • The dl18 seems to be the only good gun out of all of them.
  • Cool! Thanks for the replies. I will say though that even if the guns suck, it's still INDIRECTLY pay to win. Here's an example. Let's say another player online (not you) prefers a gun with range and power and they don't care about accuracy or cool down. And let's say there's only one gun that's high in those two things in the current game. Now, the DLC offers another gun that also has good range and power but slightly different than the previous option. Now this player has two guns to fit their style where as I only have one to choose from. This is lame. Big time. Online should be equal along all maps unless the new guns are locked to the new DLC maps. Have the DLC, get the new guns. Play original map, original weapons. This would be similar to buying Madden and having to pay to be the Broncos online. Or playing a game of baseball and one team can use metal and wood bats and the other team can only use wood.
  • The dl18 seems to be the only good gun out of all of them.

Agreed.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • BlowMeow wrote: »
    Cool! Thanks for the replies. I will say though that even if the guns suck, it's still INDIRECTLY pay to win. Here's an example. Let's say another player online (not you) prefers a gun with range and power and they don't care about accuracy or cool down. And let's say there's only one gun that's high in those two things in the current game. Now, the DLC offers another gun that also has good range and power but slightly different than the previous option. Now this player has two guns to fit their style where as I only have one to choose from. This is lame. Big time. Online should be equal along all maps unless the new guns are locked to the new DLC maps. Have the DLC, get the new guns. Play original map, original weapons. This would be similar to buying Madden and having to pay to be the Broncos online. Or playing a game of baseball and one team can use metal and wood bats and the other team can only use wood.

That's DLC for you though, no? I don't think anyone would buy DLC for this game if it didn't offer any weapons. I personally think the far greater crime is locking the new heroes behind DLC, while waving them in your face regardless when playing against someone who does. Especially with how OP Nein is.
  • None of the new guns are worth using, especially the Relby.