criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission
No Match for a Good Blaster

Is it worth it yet?

I bought this game 2 times and refunded both times. Once at 30% off i think and the other at 50% off. Has the game improved yet or is it the same ol ish?

Replies

• Sb2432
    2605 posts Member
    KennyDubbs wrote: »
    I bought this game 2 times and refunded both times. Once at 30% off i think and the other at 50% off. Has the game improved yet or is it the same ol ish?

Same game u returned.
  • Vanfacer
    135 posts Member

I think I know why few people don't like this game? Because they think it's a single player offline story mode game and they never played it online instead tossed it! and playing it offline the game does lack the game is super fun online shooter the offline content does lack and there isn't much to do you gotta play Walker assault online that's what the game is!
  • Kraigbot
    696 posts Member
    It's $19.99 used on Gamefly right now. I think it's worth $20 without question. They've added new stuff in free updates a few times too which is nice. I think the Season Pass isn't for everyone, and since that's harder to find a deal on, it can be tough to swallow paying more for the DLC then the actual game (as I did). Don't get me wrong, I'm really liking the DLC (minus a few issues), just not for everyone, especially for someone who has gotten the game twice already I'd imagine.
  • KennyDubbs
    29 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    [SNIP]
    [Moderator Note: Edited per our Community Guidelines]
    Post edited by EA_Afista on
  • Mord-Vi
    907 posts Member
    Oh, I'm sure you'll love the game you returned 2x on discount.

Are you serious?
    --i7-5960X OC @ 4.4 Ghz--G.SKILL DDR4 16GB--SLI EVGA ACX 2.0 FTW GTX970--
  • Mord-Vi wrote: »

Are you serious?

I don't think the question was about me loving a game F-boy.
  • JamesP
    547 posts Member
    Erm yeah, bought it at full launch price and has been more than worth it, anything else I can help you with?
  • Vanfacer
    135 posts Member
    The game is worth $20 lol who are you trying to kid? I would pay $80 this game is amazing so much fun
  • Mord-Vi
    907 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Mord-Vi wrote: »

Are you serious?

I'm a fan boy for calling out your asinine question? OK.
    --i7-5960X OC @ 4.4 Ghz--G.SKILL DDR4 16GB--SLI EVGA ACX 2.0 FTW GTX970--
  • No... it's not
  • Well 50% I would say it is worth it. Double xp weekend so you can unlock stuff faster. I wouldn't get outer rim though, it's really not that good.

Are you serious?

Fan boy is not what i meant and my question is not asinine. nice try Lois. I enjoyed the beta. When they released retail it didn't feel the same to what i liked in the beta. The 2nd time I bought it, was under the mindset that they might change it down the road so i'll take it for 50% off. After 10 years or more of a torn relationship with EA and being let down many times, i decided it wasn't worth keeping. Months later i ask is it worth buying? Can you answer a simple question or are you going to keep trying me? are you going through withdraw or something? is it that time of the month? Can't get a girl? Or are you thinking of going the Bruce Jenner way of life? I'm not asking if i'd love the game. I don't love any games. i play them.
  • Vanfacer wrote: »

I think I know why few people don't like this game? Because they think it's a single player offline story mode game and they never played it online instead tossed it! and playing it offline the game does lack the game is super fun online shooter the offline content does lack and there isn't much to do you gotta play Walker assault online that's what the game is!

I'll tell you why people don't like it. Because it's a highly competitive/skilled online multiplayer shooter that was kept simple and basic to accommodate casual gamers and Star Wars fans, only the competitive multiplayer makes it completely unenjoyable for inexperienced players and the lack of depth and content makes it dull and repetitive for real gamers.
  • Depends why you didn't like it in the first place.
    But seriously, is basically the same game... the new "cool" thing is Outer Rim, and you have to pay extra. Not sure what would make you suddenly like this game.

Are you serious?

• Beaver
    1735 posts Member
    edited April 2016

Are you serious?

Fan boy is not what i meant and my question is not asinine. nice try Lois. I enjoyed the beta. When they released retail it didn't feel the same to what i liked in the beta. The 2nd time I bought it, was under the mindset that they might change it down the road so i'll take it for 50% off. After 10 years or more of a torn relationship with EA and being let down many times, i decided it wasn't worth keeping. Months later i ask is it worth buying? Can you answer a simple question or are you going to keep trying me? are you going through withdraw or something? is it that time of the month? Can't get a girl? Or are you thinking of going the Bruce Jenner way of life? I'm not asking if i'd love the game. I don't love any games. i play them.

Go away kid, we have enough smart mouth juveniles around here as it is, we don't need another. And one more thing. What is it with you kids these days asking total strangers if you should buy this, or do that. You cant do the research and make an informed decision on your own?
  • They still have not addressed the Rebels having a get out of jail free ability for X-wings and A-wings. Imperials meanwhile have the same ability as a Air Speeder. No not the good ability, the one where you go zoomzoom I'm dead because now I can't maneuver.

So no, it's still the same game. They've put some more make up on the pig though. So there's that.
  • KennyDubbs wrote: »

I'll be honest with you – the game, in it's entirety, DLC included, should have been a grand total of $60. I say this because there are many games out there with so much more content included upon their initial releases and Battlefront felt, and still feels, like there isn't much to it. You've multiplayer, but hardly any singleplayer. And yeah, I get it was a multiplayer focused game but there should have been way more to it.
    But let's stop being pessimistic about this game and focus on some positive aspects;
    The combat, the graphics, the sounds, are very well done and my hat goes off to EA/DICE for making a game with a great Star Wars experience. The game might have its share of bugs but damn does it look, sound, and play beautifully. However, there are only 3 modes which I thoroughly enjoy and that's just not enough for me to deem this game worthy of recommending to anyone.

I really wish EA/DICE would've added in space battles, galactic conquest, and instant action instead of Survival and Battle Mode. They just simply aren't fun. Sure you get hordes of enemies trying to kill you, just as you do in instant action, but it honestly doesn't feel the same without the vehicles. I remember in Battlefront 2 where the maps were huge and you had land and air vehicles occupying the map with bots controlling them. I especially remember the Geonosis map, my most favorite map of Battlefront 2. There was so much action going on in the air and on the ground but Survival mode doesn't even come close to competing with that type of action and honestly it makes me sad the developers chose to not include that type of action for singleplayer enjoyment.

This post was longer than I intended it to be.
  • gio0079
    563 posts Member
    It's not worth it. There are better games coming out soon, (Battleborn, Uncharted 4, Overwatch, etc) get those instead.
  • Degener8
    447 posts Member
    Beaver wrote: »

Are you serious?

Go away kid, we have enough smart mouth juveniles around here as it is, we don't need another. And one more thing. What is it with you kids these days asking total strangers if you should buy this, or do that. You cant do the research and make an informed decision on your own?

well said
  • I preordered the Digital Ultimate Edition for 129 Euros. So now you can look up how much that is in US or Canadian Dollars.

That said, I have around 60 hours of playtime, so I would say it was worth it.

Sadly, there is yet so much to fix (waiting for the game summary/credits fix for weeks now) and so much content to add until the game doesn't feel shallow any more.
  • Yes it is!
    https://youtube.com/SpieleNerd <-- Best Let's Plays in the Galaxy!
  • Beaver wrote: »

Are you serious?

Almost 40 goof. As far as what i asked, i didn't ask anyone if I should buy it. Being a person who has played it and didn't like it, after some time has passed I asked if it's worth it yet (as in has updates made the experience better).

Did i offend your lover or something for you to try throwing some punk gibberish at me? Me being a total stranger to you, why would you care about anything I have to say?
  • I don't know what it was like before. My friends complained a lot and I ended up not buying it until three weeks ago at half off. As a life long star wars fanatic and a pretty serious battlefield player, I find that this game misses the mark on both ends of the spectrum, but is still a good game. I've enjoyed playing it for the most part. Sometimes it's been absolutely thrilling, sometimes awful.
    I don't complain much because it is a good game and it's just sweet to finally have another star wars game. That being said, come Tuesday I'll be balls deep in overwatch.
  • Beaver
    1735 posts Member
    Quit asking total strangers *****, you will get ten different answers. Here's a novel idea...quit being lazy and go online and do the research yourself.
  • Lol yup. It's way different now. You should totally buy it a third time. This time get the season pass at the same time, and preorder Battlefront 2 while you're at it. There probably aren't any retailers doing preorders for Battlefront 2 yet, so just ask them if you can leave them their money.

Or... Maybe you could just rent it to see if you like it now.
  • I bought the Deluxe Edition when the game first came out, wrongly assuming the game would build upon what was learned from the beta. I'll go back and play it for an hour or two every couple of weeks, but Battlefront has been a really big disappointment in my opinion. I'd rent it before buying it. I for sure would not spend more than $20 on it.
  • tankertoad
    6323 posts Member
    What a terrible thread.
    41st.org Founder "Where the Game is Winnable."

are-you-threatening-me-gif.gif