criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Single player maps for multiplayer

DarthJ
6174 posts Member
Whilst playing the single player modes a little earlier (my son loves to see the heroes), I noticed that the Sullust hero battles map and the Hoth hero battles map are obviously not in multiplayer, and the same with the Endor, Sullust and Hoth survival maps.

With the possible exception of the Hoth survival map (very similar to the Rebel Base map), will all of these maps be making it to the multiplayer modes, similar to the Raider Camp map? I personally think the Hoth and Sullust battles maps would have great vertical play, and really enjoy the Endor survival map.

Thoughts?
PSN: ibrajoker59

Replies

• I've noticed and wondered about this as well.

Seems a bit odd that they make these maps yet don't make them available for all the possible game mode types, be they multi player online or offline single player.

As you mentioned they've done it with the raider camp (and the reverse with the Tatooine Rebel Depot being added to survival) so hopefully that means they'll unlock, or do the neccessary coding to make all the other maps available.

The verticality would be a nice change, especially in a game mode like Cargo.
  • I would love to see the base structure type map for Endor(?) with the shuttle platform in the center, that i think would make a good multiplayer map. Bu then again, they can't even fix their currently growing list of issues...why add another set of maps into that workload....
  • DarthJ
    6174 posts Member
    aLaneShift wrote: »
    I would love to see the base structure type map for Endor(?) with the shuttle platform in the center, that i think would make a good multiplayer map. Bu then again, they can't even fix their currently growing list of issues...why add another set of maps into that workload....

Thats already a multiplayer map - Imperial Station mate.
  • DarthJ
    6174 posts Member
    I've noticed and wondered about this as well.

Seems a bit odd that they make these maps yet don't make them available for all the possible game mode types, be they multi player online or offline single player.

As you mentioned they've done it with the raider camp (and the reverse with the Tatooine Rebel Depot being added to survival) so hopefully that means they'll unlock, or do the neccessary coding to make all the other maps available.

The verticality would be a nice change, especially in a game mode like Cargo.

Imagine trying to get to the top of the Sullust map on top of the AT-AT in the single player map - there would be campers galore! But it would be fun lol.
  • Yeah, I would even pay for the endor survival map to be put in hvsv and hero hunt. It's freaking fabulous and gorgeous and would be an absolute blast in multiplayer. Same for hoth hero battle. Hvsv on that map would be insane af
  • leftweet
    2216 posts Member
    I would love to see this. I especially like the Hoth Battles map and the Endor Survival one. Great verticality. I also think the Sullust Survival map could work and it would be interesting if they opened up the zone on the other side of the bridges (where the AT-STs spawn).

Not a huge fan of Sullust Battles or Hoth Survival, but they could work on some modes. I really hope DICE does this, it'd be nice to get more content, even if they aren't completely new maps.
    I write things for The Star Wars Game Outpost
  • handcuff
    923 posts Member
    DarthJ wrote: »
    Whilst playing the single player modes a little earlier (my son loves to see the heroes), I noticed that the Sullust hero battles map and the Hoth hero battles map are obviously not in multiplayer, and the same with the Endor, Sullust and Hoth survival maps.

With the possible exception of the Hoth survival map (very similar to the Rebel Base map), will all of these maps be making it to the multiplayer modes, similar to the Raider Camp map? I personally think the Hoth and Sullust battles maps would have great vertical play, and really enjoy the Endor survival map.

Thoughts?

Interesting, I havent seen these. Will have to check them out. I dont bother with offline gameplay normally
  • DarthJ
    6174 posts Member
    leftweet wrote: »
    I would love to see this. I especially like the Hoth Battles map and the Endor Survival one. Great verticality. I also think the Sullust Survival map could work and it would be interesting if they opened up the zone on the other side of the bridges (where the AT-STs spawn).

Not a huge fan of Sullust Battles or Hoth Survival, but they could work on some modes. I really hope DICE does this, it'd be nice to get more content, even if they aren't completely new maps.

Hoth battles is great - also noticed there is a pack of tauntauns in the distance!
  • DOWNWARDZ
    1067 posts Member
    I would like to see all multi-player maps (Jakku & Jabbas Palace *cough...) make it to missions before a migration of mission maps to multi-player.
  • Webn8tr_
    3145 posts Member
    I would love to see all maps and modes offline for instant action and practice.
    The small maps would seem easy to get working. I would be content with that.
    Would love to see the new maps offline!!
  • DarthJ
    6174 posts Member
    Yeah I'd take that but woukd be cool for those maps to go the other way too.
  • leftweet
    2216 posts Member
    DOWNWARDZ wrote: »
    I would like to see all multi-player maps (Jakku & Jabbas Palace *cough...) make it to missions before a migration of mission maps to multi-player.

It'd be great to have more offline options, but I don't think the two are mutually exclusive. It is my understanding that separate teams work for each section. Porting over the currently offline-only maps shouldn't have much of an impact bringing more to content to offline.
    I write things for The Star Wars Game Outpost