criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar
Double XP Event

What is up with DICE picking heroes no one wanted for DLC?

Prev1
Greedo... No one wanted.
Nien Nunb (huehue)... No one wanted.
Dengar... No one wanted.

Only 1 of the 4 announced DLC heroes is actually iconic™
Is DICE trolling us? Huehuehue

/discuss

Replies

• dada_shift
    1730 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    8]

[Moderator Note: Edited per our Community Guidelines]
    Post edited by EA_Afista on
  • NienNunbHuehue
    363 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    dada_shift wrote: »
    8]

*Eats them*

8((

huehuehue
  • But but... They're iconic.
    PSN: Bucman55 "The ability to speak does not make you intellegent."
    "[Cross-Era play] would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames
  • Yeah they are iconic...according to Dice lol. I'm really not sure what they are doing, seems like they trade secrets with Nintendo a lot. Make something nobody wants hehe
  • There are some players that wanted Greedo. Not so sure about Nunb. I fully expect them to go beyond just the 2 remaining heroes. Maybe those heroes will be free. We'll see. If that's the case, Greedo and Nunb aren't that big of a deal.
  • Greedo made sense.
    Nien Nunb was a weird choice but made sense with Sullust.
    Dengar though.. Terrible choice.
  • At least we can all agree Lando was a good choice.
    "[Cross-Era play] would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames
  • Because they are relatively easy to implement. Infantry based, same weapons, same star cards/power ups.
    Creating some one like Chewy, Obi Wan, will require some actual thinking and development.
  • K9K9K9
    327 posts Member
    "Dengar is the villain we are looking for".
    #jedimindtrick
  • Greedo made sense.
    Nien Nunb was a weird choice but made sense with Sullust.
    Dengar though.. Terrible choice.

They can't all be winners.... To correct my previous post, another thread on this page highlights the fact that we will get a total of 8 new heroes outside of the base game. Something tells me that the deceptive 4 heroes and villains post made in the past annoyed season pass holders when they clarified later and said it was 4 total. Add in the backlash over Greedo and Nunb and you can see why they reversed course and changed the number to 8. Great news. It might also help sell some season passes.
  • Ventress
    69 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Considering they're focusing on the original trilogy there honestly aren't that many "iconic" characters to implement into the game.

If they were pulling characters from Clone Wars + the prequels there would be more iconic characters to pull from. Ventress, Mother Talzin, Count Dooku, General Grievous, Maul as villains for example. Hero wise, Padme, Jar-Jar(lol), Shaak Tii, Ahsoka Tano, Luminara, Kit Fisto, Jocasta Nu, Cin Drallig, Obi-Wan and countless other Jedi.
  • If I had to choose, I'd rather have Dengar than Lando.
  • NienNunbHuehue
    363 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    weisguy119 wrote: »
    If I had to choose, I'd rather have Dengar than Lando.

Sorry, but that's not normal.
  • Give the guys a break!

Dengar is a badass and I'm pleased to glimpse the direction they are taking the bespin dlc.

I was proud to have both Dengar and Nien Nunb in my figure collection as a child and it's great to see them digitally rendered now.

Really excited for this DLC and props to the team that are bringing these characters to life in battlefront and paying so much attention to detail.
  • grrlpurple wrote: »
    Give the guys a break!

Dengar is a badass and I'm pleased to glimpse the direction they are taking the bespin dlc.

I was proud to have both Dengar and Nien Nunb in my figure collection as a child and it's great to see them digitally rendered now.

Really excited for this DLC and props to the team that are bringing these characters to life in battlefront and paying so much attention to detail.

Props to Dice for giving us a total of 8 new heroes and villains instead of just 4
  • I had Dengar's action figure as well. I thought he looked cool. If I had Lando's action figure, I don't remember paying with it. At all.
  • Jaywal
    2856 posts Member
    Greedo... No one wanted.
    Dengar... No one wanted.

/discuss

Who would you have chosen for the villains?
    May the force be with you.
  • I honestly don't mind Dengar. I still think IG-88 would have been a better choice, but Dengar's still a pretty solid Bounty Hunter.
  • The problem here is that you can't please everyone. Some people will be happy when their favorite hero or villain is picked. Some will say they wanted someone else. You can't please everyone. I will say that now that we know we are getting Lando and Dengar, your hero or villain might be on their way down the road. I would have to assume one of those heroes will be Chewie. I guess we'll see.
  • I don't want to see the same characters from the original 2 games. Whether they're iconic or not they were never implemented into battlefront 2. This is a chance for people to experience them. Greedo and Nien Nunb ended up being really great. The sad thing is people take things for granted and won't appreciate the hard work they put into the game. If anything don't get mad at EA or DICE, blame disney for taking out their largest source material.
  • peck71
    160 posts Member
    4 heroes and 4 villains nien nunb and lando the first two so yoda chewie and obi wan are left. One of the most iconic heroes are going to be left out for nien nunb? As far as villains go i don't mind greedo or dengar because the lack of villains in the OT i find disturbing. If i made this game it would have Yoda Chewie, and Obi-Wan.
  • peck71 wrote: »
    4 heroes and 4 villains nien nunb and lando the first two so yoda chewie and obi wan are left. One of the most iconic heroes are going to be left out for nien nunb? As far as villains go i don't mind greedo or dengar because the lack of villains in the OT i find disturbing. If i made this game it would have Yoda Chewie, and Obi-Wan.

Yoda never had any action in the OT. At least the emperor used his force lightning and can still be proven powerful. The only problem I have with obi wan is that there is on other villain who wields a lightsaber which makes things a little unbalanced.
  • Jaywal94 wrote: »
    Greedo... No one wanted.
    Dengar... No one wanted.

/discuss

Bossk, IG-88, and General Veers would be better choices. Heck, I even think an Emperor's Royal Guard could work as a melee counter to Obi-Wan if they ever decided to add him. Come to think of it, Obi-Wan and an ERG would work as a nice match for the Death Star DLC. But anyway... huehuehue

Bossk and IG-88 are fan favorite bounty hunters, more so than Greedo or Dengar. IG-88 especially has a lot of deadly weapons and devices that could translate into fun gameplay.

A lot of people want an Imperial officer for a hero so we're not swarmed with just bounty hunters, and I think Veers would fit the bill better than Tarkin. He's a tough, no-nonsense general who actually put himself at risk leading the AT-AT assault during the Battle of Hoth. Tarkin is more of a bureaucrat while Veers is a military man.

Hey man, you're a mod now. You should forward my ideas to the team, huehue ;)
  • dada_shift
    1730 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    These heros are on point.
    Lol

• Jaywal94 wrote: »
    Greedo... No one wanted.
    Dengar... No one wanted.

/discuss

Bossk, IG-88, and General Veers would be better choices. Heck, I even think an Emperor's Royal Guard could work as a melee counter to Obi-Wan if they ever decided to add him. Come to think of it, Obi-Wan and an ERG would work as a nice match for the Death Star DLC. But anyway... huehuehue

Bossk and IG-88 are fan favorite bounty hunters, more so than Greedo or Dengar. IG-88 especially has a lot of deadly weapons and devices that could translate into fun gameplay.

A lot of people want an Imperial officer for a hero so we're not swarmed with just bounty hunters, and I think Veers would fit the bill better than Tarkin. He's a tough, no-nonsense general who actually put himself at risk leading the AT-AT assault during the Battle of Hoth. Tarkin is more of a bureaucrat while Veers is a military man.

The problem with this is that you can't make everyone happy. If they would've gone with your preferences there would be people making this same exact thread criticizing the direction they went in. Like I said, they can't please everyone with any choice they make. I mean, there are seriously people right now complaining about Lando. Think about that for a minute.... Lando....
  • GETaPAIR wrote: »
    Jaywal94 wrote: »
    Greedo... No one wanted.
    Dengar... No one wanted.

/discuss

The problem with this is that you can't make everyone happy. If they would've gone with your preferences there would be people making this same exact thread criticizing the direction they went in. Like I said, they can't please everyone with any choice they make. I mean, there are seriously people right now complaining about Lando. Think about that for a minute.... Lando....

There would be far less people criticizing it right now, I guarantee you. I've only seen 1 person whine about Lando, and they're probably legitimately crazy. The problem here is quite clearly that DICE is not choosing fan favorites as heroes and it's creating a backlash.
    Greedo... No one wanted.
    Dengar... No one wanted.

/discuss

That's kind of a cop-out. If they had made more inspired choices from the start, the majority of players would be happy.

Greedo... No one wanted.
    Dengar... No one wanted.

/discuss

There would be far less people criticizing it right now, I guarantee you. I've only seen 1 person whine about Lando, and they're probably legitimately crazy. The problem here is quite clearly that DICE is not choosing fan favorites as heroes and it's creating a backlash.

Sure, there probably would be less criticism had they gone a different way rather than Dengar. Again though, there will always be differences of opinion on this matter.

As for Lando, prior to today I have seen quite a few posts from people not wanting him.
    Greedo... No one wanted.
    Dengar... No one wanted.

/discuss

That's kind of a cop-out. If they had made more inspired choices from the start, the majority of players would be happy.

It's not a cop-out at all. Another factor in this discussion is the fact that beyond Lando and Dengar we are getting 4 more heroes and villains that haven't been identified. There's always going to be players that feel they didn't make the right choice. While many hated Nunb to begin with, after using him a lot of players changed their minds.
    grrlpurple wrote: »
    Give the guys a break!

Props to Dice for giving us a total of 8 new heroes and villains instead of just 4

It's only right after the Greedo/Nien Nunb fiasco! huehuehue
  • ND513
    552 posts Member
    Idk. Dengar.. Was he even on bespin? IG makes way more sense imo. Plus he'd be the only playable droid so far. Which would be really new and refreshing
  • ND513 wrote: »
    Idk. Dengar.. Was he even on bespin? IG makes way more sense imo. Plus he'd be the only playable droid so far. Which would be really new and refreshing

I agree with you. IG-88 would have been very fun.
  • Reading up on Ig 88, he was ambushed and killed by Boba Fett for tracking him to Bespin. Idk should've would've could've lol
  • Reading up on Ig 88, he was ambushed and killed by Boba Fett for tracking him to Bespin. Idk should've would've could've lol

There were several IG-88s though ;)

Which version was that?

Which version was that?

Yes I read that too lol. Bring on the IG series of troops! Fudge it lol
  • NiHeHueHueHue!!
    Everyone knows that Everyone wanted ME! GREEDo! The Most Feared Bounty Hunter!!$
    yesss only $15-$12.50 to play with the most Iconic!
    Cant wait for DeDeDeDengar to join the Fun!
  • NiHeHueHueHue!!
    Everyone knows that Everyone wanted ME! GREEDo! The Most Feared Bounty Hunter!!$

Dear God, what have I started? Huehuehuehue xD

Don't forget about random rebel pilots and Luke's co pilot. They are so iconic!
  • Tobikun wrote: »
    NiHeHueHueHue!!

If they add Maul the rebels are done for, THE CULT OF MAUL BECKONS FORTH!

They arent adding him thats for sure lol.

Don't forget about random rebel pilots and Luke's co pilot. They are so iconic!

Real talk though I'd be down with Wedge Antilles.

• tumblr_m7c3foG3r21qf9bx4o1_500.jpg

Great... 2 icons to deal with

• LOCO_MOFO
    1466 posts Member
    Lol seriously, I have to google search all these iconic heroes...
  • These two are so much better than Nien and Greedo.

All will be forgiven if Imperial Guard and Ben Kenobi are in the Death Star DLC. Need more melee characters to spice up the match ups!
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • LOCO_***** wrote: »
    Lol seriously, I have to google search all these iconic heroes...

Ikr. I'm seeing all these different iconic heroes that i have never heard of.
  • Im happy with Lando, he was introduced on Bespin and played a big role in ROTJ as well. I wonder if the fact he was working for the Imperials at first it could somehow be worked into a special ability. As for villains, there really weren't many that played a major role so I guess Dengar makes as much sense as anyone else. I don't think one of the generals would work very well, at least the bounty hunters should be good in combat.
  • Actually come to think of it I hope they implement Tarkin. Pressing RB causes him to pull out a walking stick which he can use in hand to hand combat against Luke. Pressing LB causes him to instantly die from a heart attack.
  • Let's all imagine just exactly where this DLC took place and then look at the heroes. Sullust. Ok, now then, Nien Nunb. Hmmmm...... oh, he's Sullustan. What a coincidence! Let's see, what else, what else....... Jabba's Palace, alright. Greedo........ whoa, whoa, wait. He worked for Jabba! Holy coincidences all around, Batman! The heroes have a relation to the maps featured here! NO WAY!
  • Let's all imagine just exactly where this DLC took place and then look at the heroes. Sullust. Ok, now then, Nien Nunb. Hmmmm...... oh, he's Sullustan. What a coincidence! Let's see, what else, what else....... Jabba's Palace, alright. Greedo........ whoa, whoa, wait. He worked for Jabba! Holy coincidences all around, Batman! The heroes have a relation to the maps featured here! NO WAY!

Wow, another coincidence... the Rodian and Sullustan head assets were already in the base game, making the development of Greedo and Nien Nunb much easier! Wow! Laziness! No way! Huehuehue

Also, what's Dengar's connection to Bespin specifically?
  • yes^
    I loved it when DeDeDengar destroyed Cloud City!

Which version was that?

An IG-88 B Droid. Second to the first sentient program 88 A. oh and the fett blew him up to smithereens with his own concussion grenades! Idk if that part was canon but you can clearly see on Bespin that IG 88s head is in a junk pile when Chewie finds C3PO