criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Gamescom 2019 Triple XP
Community Transmission

Coming Soon to Star Wars Battlefront this Spring

Replies

• Tobikun wrote: »
    No there isn't, TotalFPS and Sledge already confirmed that there will only be 4 DLC HEROES TOTAL a few months back which is 2 heroes and 2 villains, not 4 heroes and 4 villains.

Yes, they did say that back in March, but today, in April, they clarified and said there would be 8 total, which includes Nien Nunb and Greedo, and 2 more for each of the new expansions.
  • Billiam301
    569 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Tobikun wrote: »
    Billiam301 wrote: »
    DaBeast wrote: »
    8 heros! thats awesome!

It's not 8 it's only 2 heroes and 2 villains and Lando is the second hero.

nope, read the full post again, it's been confirmed that a total of 8 heroes/villains are being added

No there isn't, TotalFPS and Sledge already confirmed that there will only be 4 DLC HEROES TOTAL a few months back which is 2 heroes and 2 villains, not 4 heroes and 4 villains.

not even going to bother arguing with someone who refuses to even read the post

even if they said that a while ago, they've changed their plans. Most likely due to nien backlash

Taken from the post: "Speaking of heroes, we know they have been one of the things you most like about the game; we’re happy to confirm that there will be eight total heroes included in the Star Wars Battlefront Season Pass (which includes Greedo and Nien Nunb released with the Outer Rim pack) – two more each in both the Death Star expansion and our yet-to-be-revealed fourth expansion pack. More on the heroes to come this summer."
    "The force is strong with this one."
  • Really do think chewbacca and bossk would have been better for battlefront
  • CloneM
    43 posts Member
    great Lando and Dengar is in the bag, now I'm still rooting for Bossk, Veers or Tarkin and Chewie!
    So in other words they lie about everything just like how the team auto balancing is NON EXISTENT!

image.png?w=400&c=1

Oh WOW! Man WOW! DICE, sledge holy comoly!
    This is awesome!
    WOW!
    Man!
    WOW!
    I think I'm gonna faint :o
    And I just jazzed my pants :#

Don't expect Obi-Wan for the death star DLC since there isn't another sith for them to add.

Darth Maul could still be alive. Maybe. Right?
  • Ezio
    974 posts Member
    CloneM wrote: »
    great Lando and Dengar is in the bag, now I'm still rooting for Bossk, Veers or Tarkin and Chewie!

Those are the ones we are probably going to get for the rest of the DLC since they can't add another lightsaber wielder for rebels due to the lack of another sith.

I think Chewie and Bossk could probably come out in the same DLC. They're both physically large and powerful characters, so their abilities would probably balance.
  • ryanjk
    558 posts Member
    They already said somewhere they will add maul since he is the most requested hero to add and he is canon
    the "auto balancing" only happens SOMETIMES at the end of a match and that is if people don't leave.

Don't get me started when they said there would be 4 Heroes then they said 8...

• I would love to see Obi-Wan in the Death Star DLC, then have the Emperor's royal guard counter him as the villain.
  • Chewie vs. Bossk
    Darth Maul vs. Yoda

Done.

But we all know Rogue One will be the 4th DLC, so it'll be:
    Jyn vs. ???
  • Nerdynerd
    410 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Don't add maul DICE please I beg you! Adding maul would probably make me quit...
  • Holy ***king S**t! This is some huge news. People have been arguing about how many hero/villains would be added since this game came out and just when I thought it was settled on 4 you guys go ahead and make it 8! AT-ATs on Bespin, Really!!! Fighter Squadron too! More free stuff, Guns, cards!!!!!! Damn, you boys are good.
    Chewie vs. Bossk
    Darth Maul vs. Yoda

Done.

But we all know Rogue One will be the 4th DLC, so it'll be:
    Jyn vs. ???

Yoda is too small.

I don't care if he's small, he's powerful. He his too old for combat, however. Age caught up to him.
  • I really want to see General Veers as an Imperial hero. Excited for this dlc!
  • Four words:
    B) Whoot! There It Is! B)
    Alright... Alright... Alllrrright... B)
    XB1
  • Will there be a level increase past 60 in the near future?
  • DOWNWARDZ
    1067 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Ohh yeah...all of this sounds excellent!

AT-AT in cloud city...would love to see the cruiser transports dropping them off.

New mode...please please be fighter squadron with capital ships.

* Almost forgot...

Sure hope Leia and Luke are wearing appropriate outfits on Bespin.

Post edited by DOWNWARDZ on
  • Four words:

Haha. There. IT. Is.

Indeed
  • Should have added IG88, who is giving these guys ideas?
  • does this mean there is no free spring update? or does it mean there will still be a free map each month and other free stuff is upcoming?
  • April update
    DOWNWARDZ wrote: »
    Ohh yeah...all of this sounds excellent!

AT-AT in cloud city...would love to see the cruiser transports dropping them off.

New mode...please please be fighter squadron with capital ships.

It's just going to be the same old FS with a different backdrop.

You have official confirmation of this?
  • joeybmx7
    1020 posts Member
    Hope this is referring to being able to play all the multiplayer modes offline against bots, and the dlc as well. ;)
    We NEED Offline Galactic Assault (Where the objectives are suitable for the AI and where the ENTIRE large scale maps are utilized by both the player and AI), Vehicle AI to fight against in large scale battles offline, and of course SA Offline.
    #soloplayersmatter #singleplayersmatter #offlinegamersmatter
  • OBI-WAN AND BOSSK, MAYBE CHEWBACCA, YODA AND TARKIN?
  • Very interested to see what they've come up with for offline play. I hope the new updates include improvements to the servers (a lot of us still cannot get a decent enough connection to play the online content). #soloplayersmatter

I asked them on Twitter, to bring dlc maps to offline battles and they said they're working on it
  • So when are we getting the next patch? I have problems with the original game modes, I get stuck on the post match loading screen. This all sounds amazing though!!
  • Remember the original teaser for bespin saying 'hunt or be hunter', perhaps that is something to do with the new game mode.

Really excited about this DLC and I am sick of hearing so many people crying over the hero choices.
  • Swanka
    42 posts Member
    Well, looks like we're getting the offline content we've been wanting all along! This is about to get real, folks. Any way, I'm hoping that the next heroes are Obi-Wan "Ben" Kenobi, Chewbacca, Grand Moff Tarkin, and IG-88B.
  • Its all great news.....erm, except for Dengar, I mean wtf. Mr no lines 3 minute visibility on film.
    You would have better to go with Bossk or IG-88 tbh, they have far more credibility that Dengar.
    At least Bossk and IG-88 came out as action figures in the 80's.
  • I too would like to see Chewie, Yoda, Obi-wan, Mara jade!
  • Looking forwards to it, but offline definitely has to be a BIG upgrade, not just some free maps. New heroes? Surprised to see Dengar, happy for Lando. Bespin - all good. New content I sure hope for it to arrive in truckloads lol. Ooooh way more stormtrooper skins and paints. Desired content includes some vehicles like the IFT-X and a jetpack you can fly with like the bots get in survival. Very excited, thanks for the post, and confidence these next few months deliver well!
  • Four words:

That would be, "Whoomp! There It Is" - by "Tag Team"

But close enough. lol It is good news.
  • Sounds good! Curious to see how much content there is and the fruits of the Single Player Team's labour. I'm hoping there'll be more interactions between Heroes and announcements made by your Faction's captions when they join a game too. Despite Dengar being a rather subtle Villain I'm sure he'll play well as they've got a good team making the heroes enjoyable!
  • Maap
    7 posts Member
    I know that you are focusing on the original trilogy so I hope you add Ben kenobi because I think is one of the important pieces on the saga the same as yoda and chuwacca or whatever is the spelling they are even more important than nien numb so I hope you add them and dagoban (I don't know the spelling) is another important place on this saga I hope you add a map about it.

• Oh boy! This is gonna be so much fun!
    Will there be a level increase past 60 in the near future?

For what a single new skin?

damn tobikun why are you so negative? such a little negative nancy are we?
  • Yojiro
    120 posts Member
    Oh how I am laughing now at all the clueless people shouting about us only getting 2 heroes and two villains...
  • Some of the Hero & Villain choices may seem strange. But let's not forget Rouge One is set in the same environment & time as this is, therefore these characters may have a larger role in the new film? Just an idea...
  • I wouldn't expect, nor be grateful, if Maul was added, He's not from the the original trilogy, so shouldn't be anywhere near the DLC content to be release.

And...even if Rogue One is the theme for the fourth DLC, as mentioned earlier, its well within the timeline of Star Wars to ROTJ.

I'm pretty sure they said early doors that they weren't going to touch TPM - ROTS in this game.
  • The Berserker Trait will complement my suicide rates
  • Maul's opposed to both factions, so not sure how that would work. Dont really wanna see him myself, either. He'll no doubt be in the Clone Wars BF game.
    Let's have that new large Conquest-style mode offline in Arcade!^^

Objective modes for Custom Arcade

Large maps and vehicles for Custom Arcade

Pre-round skin selector for Custom Arcade

Custom Playlists for Custom Arcade

Remove the map boundaries for Custom Arcade

AI Enforcers for Custom Arcade too!

#SoloPlayersMatter

Check out our extensive, ongoing Co-op Playthrough /Discussion of Arcade mode on my YouTube too!^^
  • that sounds great but fix the points on level 60
  • Sounds good! Lando makes sense and I'm sure dengar will prove his worth as nien Nunb and greedo have. Next two in autumn should have lightsabers tho! ;) looking forward to the new maps and gadgets!

• Just to say this will be a MUCH better game offline.

• Jaywal
    2856 posts Member
    Can't wait for Walker Assault and Fighter Squadron in and around Bespin. Can't. Wait.

Walker assault won't happen on Bespin due to the fact that Bespin is located in a gas giant.

The official announcement Said AT-AT's.. Cloud city is a city. City's are large. AT-AT's will be able to roam on the streets of cloud city.

May the force be with you.
  • TGxWildboy wrote: »
    Its all great news.....erm, except for Dengar, I mean wtf. Mr no lines 3 minute visibility on film.
    You would have better to go with Bossk or IG-88 tbh, they have far more credibility that Dengar.

$_57.JPG
  • Kraigbot wrote: »
    TGxWildboy wrote: »
    Its all great news.....erm, except for Dengar, I mean wtf. Mr no lines 3 minute visibility on film.

$_57.JPG

Someone forgot the golden rule of Star Wars Merchandising: If it appeared on screen, it can be made into a toy and sold for the $$$
  • More New Content - We also have a couple of surprises in store that we know our fans have been looking for, especially those who have been clamoring for ways to have more options to enjoy Star Wars Battlefront offline. More to come soon.

"More options" So not just survival and battles. @Sledgehammer70 tell the team at DICE thanks for me :smile:
    Scorch: I think we may have to blast our way through that... And I'm *not* just saying that because I love to blow stuff up.
  • PopoTateo
    4838 posts Member
    Wouldn't it be cool for the next dlc, if in extraction, the cargo was replaced with han solo frozen in carbonite? The imperial team have to transport it to the slave 1. A roles reversed situation from extraction in jabba's palace. I find that a very exciting prospect. Wont happen though as I'm sure they know exactly what the bespin dlc will include.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!