criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission

Do you play this game because it's Star Wars or because it's a great solid game?

Prev1
And you can't pick both, because I just wouldn't believe you. It's one or the other, huehuehue

For me, it's become clear that I'm just playing this because I'm a Star Wars nerd. The gameplay isn't anything special really, and the bugs are getting out of hand... maybe even out of foot!! huehuehue

Even the DLC news yesterday didn't get me excited. They keep picking lame heroes instead of fan favorites. Dengar? Really? What's next? Garindan? Ponda Baba? PRUNEFACE? huehuehue

Anyway, once Lego The Force Awakens comes out, I'll probably move on to that (totally serious, huehue). It actually has space battles, something this game should have had at launch! huehuehue

So why do you play this game?

Replies

• ..because it's Star Wars and it came with my PS4.
  • I like the game but bought it bc it was star wars. But I keep playing bc I really like the game
  • I hadn't even seen the movies when I got the game, bought it because my friends did. I have been playing 2-4 hours every day since christmas, it is great. It made me watch the movies too
  • Webn8tr_
    3145 posts Member
    Because star wars.
  • MadVlad
    432 posts Member
    Move on
  • The gameplay.
  • MadVlad wrote: »
    Move on

Come with me
  • Estar Guars beibi...
  • xSha3nx
    340 posts Member
    Both... Oh.. Ummm. Because of star wars.
  • Neither. I was forced to play it at gunpoint.
    tumblr_nusp5jmZkZ1r4o9xho1_r1_1280.jpg
    "Social justice 1, 2, 3 woo woo! I want to be PC woo woo!"
  • Starwars. That's the only reason I play and still play considering the issues and lack of content.
  • Anoh
    8380 posts Member
    I play only because you're in it Nien,

"such iconicTM, much authentic"

Huehuehuehue
    Editor/Cinematographer - Anoh is pronounced: AhNo.
  • K9K9K9
    327 posts Member
    The only reason I play any Star Wars game (bored game or video game) is cuz it's Star Wars. I wouldn't have been into the game originally if it wasn't Star Wars.
  • bigjay
    787 posts Member
    I like the 3rd person shooter aspect of it
    PSN : BIG_JAY_ALLDAY it should have been this way day 1
  • K9K9K9 wrote: »
    (bored game or video game)

Do you mean "boardgame"?
    tumblr_nusp5jmZkZ1r4o9xho1_r1_1280.jpg
    "Social justice 1, 2, 3 woo woo! I want to be PC woo woo!"
  • These type of questions are stupid especially when you can't say both. The theme of the game is what attracts people to play the game and the content is what keeps people playing it. I like the game because it's star wars but I play it because I think it's a good game. I have a fun time with it even with the lack of map variety and other issues I've had with the game.
  • Prep768
    2248 posts Member
    Because sitting in front of the TV in boxer shorts wearing a stormtrooper helmet doesn't feel right playing Mario Kart
    PSN Prep768
    Yes @PrepJnr - I am your father, NOW DO YOUR HOMEWORK!!!
  • Webn8tr_
    3145 posts Member
    Huehuehue^
  • Because I thought it was a battlefront game.
  • leftweet
    2216 posts Member
    I don't think you can just boil it down to one or the other. Battlefront is a great game because it captures the feeling of Star Wars. The gunplay, being able to play 3rd person, the modes, the sounds, the explosions are all fun and enjoyable. I'm not going to play a game I don't think is good, even if it's Star Wars (I certainly haven't put nearly 200 hours into Masters of Teras Kasi).

Yes, there are bugs and it could use improvements in areas. However, I'm stoked for the coming months. I think Bespin, Lando and Dengar will be awesome! And I'm looking forward to that new offline content...
    I write things for The Star Wars Game Outpost
  • And you can pick both, because I would believe you. It's one or the other, huehuehue

Both... It's star wars
    And it's a good game
    [Not solid...yet]
  • Most fun game I've played since BO1. 3rd person arcade style shooter in a Star Wars setting? Yes please. I honestly can't belive the haters on this game but it's every game. Weirdos come to the forums to complain rather than just go do something they enjoy more. HueHue. Also, loved Star Wars as a kid but not a huge wonk on everything Star Wars.
  • Most fun game I've played since BO1. 3rd person arcade style shooter in a Star Wars setting? Yes please. I honestly can't belive the haters on this game but it's every game. Weirdos come to the forums to complain rather than just go do something they enjoy more. HueHue. Also, loved Star Wars as a kid but not a huge wonk on everything Star Wars.

Oh yeah man!!! I don't get why people complain either, it's one of the best games ever made!! Thanks DICE and EA!!
  • Webn8tr_
    3145 posts Member
    Because I thought it was a battlefront game.

So true
  • I play because it is star wars. The sights and sounds are enough to make me ignore the bad parts for the most part.
  • leftweet wrote: »
    I don't think you can just boil it down to one or the other. Battlefront is a great game because it captures the feeling of Star Wars. The gunplay, being able to play 3rd person, the modes, the sounds, the explosions are all fun and enjoyable. I'm not going to play a game I don't think is good, even if it's Star Wars (I certainly haven't put nearly 200 hours into Masters of Teras Kasi).

Yes, there are bugs and it could use improvements in areas. However, I'm stoked for the coming months. I think Bespin, Lando and Dengar will be awesome! And I'm looking forward to that new offline content...

This^
  • ND513
    550 posts Member
    Because it's Star Wars
  • 'Cause of the Star Wars hype and we all fell for it.
  • Because Star Wars & Battlefront.

Who knew it could all go so wrong.
  • Prep768 wrote: »
    Because sitting in front of the TV in boxer shorts wearing a stormtrooper helmet doesn't feel right playing Mario Kart

Lmao
  • Quizolio
    3221 posts Member
    Used to play for the gameplay, until it started to get hollow. For a while I was playing it purely for Star Wars, but the new content that is heading our way has changed my reasons back to the gameplay. Either way, I still have fun playing this game, for both reasons.
    "A thing called grammar needs a buff."
    - tankertoad
  • Joonlar
    1154 posts Member
    The game (beta) is what made me a Star Wars fan.

And I could only have 120hrs playtime in a game with awesome gameplay.
  • I was originally hyped because of it being a Star Wars game, but I wasn't sure if I'd actually buy it.

So, when I bought my PS4, I bought the Star Wars bundle, but not because this game was included. I bought the bundle because I was finally going to have another version of Super Star Wars from the SNES, which is a game I loved when I was in college. I had a Genesis back then and a friend of mine had a SNES, so I never actually owned Super Star Wars, but loved playing it at his house. I also previously played the Bounty Hunter game and liked what little I played, and was glad to have it again on the PS4.

So, I really bought the bundle for those, and having Battlefront was just an extra for me. I mostly ignored it at first and couldn't believe how shallow the single player was. I have previously been a huge PC FPS player, and hadn't played many FPS games on a console (except for Killzone 3 with the Move), but then Naughty Dog announced a multiplayer beta test for Uncharted 4. I played that a ton during the weekend it was active and it really got me hungry for playing an online FPS again, so I started playing Battlefront to fill that void until Uncharted 4 comes out.

Now that I've been playing it for awhile, I am enjoying it despite it's bugginess. I know there are things I could pick on, but I have to admit that I've had a lot of fun with it.
  • Ezio
    974 posts Member
    Well, my friend bought it for me because it was Star Wars, I bought the Season Pass because it was Star Wars, but what keeps bringing me back to it is the gameplay. I own both the originals but haven't hardly touched them because I like the gameplay of this one better. However, I still go back to Battlefront 2 for some good ol' Galactic Conquest now and again.
  • handcuff
    923 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    I was interested in it because it was Star Wars original trilogy.
    I bought it because the preview trailer showing the Walker Assault on Hoth looked like a lot of fun.
    I continue to play it because it is a great solid game and is fun.
  • This is a Star Wars game???

• So why do you play this game?

I don`t think anyone in here bought the game nor play it for any other reason then "it`s Star Wars".... With EAs deliberate showcase of the awesome graphics and the fantastic scenes from battle of the Hoth they took the highway to some very high emotions in and around the Star Wars subculture.

I wonder how many would have bought it if it was called "Galaxy at war" and had soldiers and vehicles looking every way different then in Star Wars (due to legal issues with Copyrights and Trademarks).
    Playstation 4 fun :p Proud member of the 3PO community
  • I just wanna know one thing from you

are you excited for a lego Nien
    "Fly casual.."
  • star wars... honestly its not even a good game.
  • I'm in due to being a Star Wars fan
  • Its funny, everyone was speculating that either IG88 or Bossk would be the new villains, but nope! Dengar! Hahaha DICE and their "we like to use underused assets" mindset is kinda lame. IG88 and Bossk look way cooler, and its what people wanted, not Dengar. Looks like they really rolled the wrong dice on this one.
  • K9K9K9
    327 posts Member
    I just wanna know one thing from you

are you excited for a lego Nien

What nien Lego ?
  • Buy because star wars and still play because is fun
  • ElPeixet wrote: »
    Buy because star wars and still play because is fun

Same
  • Old_fella_1963
    4697 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    "So why do you play this game?"

Same logic as you keep posting the way you do ? Move along now very boooooring wooohoo look at me
  • I mainly play it because it's Star Wars but at the same time it is one of the best games I've played since the PS2 SOCOM days. I don't care about the general consensus because me and my younger brother are having tons of fun playing as partners. I love the simplicity of the game because I hate modern shooters with thousands of different weapons and stuff. Plus the DLC is a great addition to the main game (can't stand HvV though)! Cheers
  • DarthJ
    6668 posts Member
    I play it because I enjoy the game and love star wars. I loved the old battlefront games and have generally picked up most star wars games released on PS over time.

So, yes, I love Star Wars and therefore automatically pick up the games, but can safely say which ones are poor - the name 'star wars' doesn't blind me. Look at Super Bombad Racer! I rate this game, to me its very good.
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • tts42572
    1133 posts Member
    Haven't been a big online player so I'm not worn out on these types of games. The only game I've ever really played online is Uncharted 2 and 3...

This game got my attention because it was Star Wars but I'll say the reason I'm still playing now is just because I like the game. Yeah...I know all the gripes and it frustrates me at times too...But I enjoy the game....It's just good, mindless fun.
  • yodajedifishmaster
    1361 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    bought because i was fooled (as planned by EA marketing tricksters) into buying what i thought was a proper battlefront game to find it was online only, effectively.

should never have been called battlefront, unless it was planned to be able to play it offline multiplayer with bots on both sides (not the survival mode rubbish where its one against infinite numbers - original battlefronts let you have bots on your side too).

its ok now, though still buggy. but if i had known it had only gotten a token offline component, wouldnt have bothered. and if it hadnt been star wars battlefront as name i would have waited for the reviews and comments of players, and probably been warned off. even if it had been star wars (something else title) i might have waited because of disney getting their hands on star wars.
    invalid brain token
  • Because of Star Wars!
    https://youtube.com/SpieleNerd <-- Best Let's Plays in the Galaxy!