criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Why I'm changing my tone with Dice, and this Battlefront

No one has critiqued, criticized, and applied more up and down feelings for this game more than me. However, since the last video i made via youtube, I have seen that the communications being made between Dice, EA and the fanbase is not only improving, but making these most desired things come to fruition. I can't sit up here and write threads and make videos criticizing their efforts when the efforts being attempted are all what I and what some of us wanted in the first place. Not only did they reply to me on facebook, but they wanted to hear what I wanted to say and suggest. I don't care if you're in a relationship, a teacher, professor, parent, boss or whatever. All what you can ask from someone is effort and what these recent actions have proven is the fact that this is pure effort.

Replies

  • are you joking ?
  • ryanjk
    468 posts Member
    For the lols
  • Artists_Operandi
    441 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Proof or it didn't happen. Then a reason why you happened to be the only complaining customer who got attention directly, while the forum, who's sole purpose is to maintain an open dialogue between EA, DICE and their customers, goes on day after day in deafening cricket chirps.
  • Proof or it didn't happen. Then a reason why you happened to be the only complaining customer who got attention directly, while the forum, who's sole purpose is to maintain an open dialogue between EA, DICE and their customers, goes on day after day in deafening cricket chirps.

    Looks like someone doesn't look to carefully on the front page.
    http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront/forums/discussion/39898/outer-rim-update-4-15/p1
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • No one has critiqued, criticized, and applied more up and down feelings for this game more than me.

    I stopped right here...
  • Proof or it didn't happen. Then a reason why you happened to be the only complaining customer who got attention directly, while the forum, who's sole purpose is to maintain an open dialogue between EA, DICE and their customers, goes on day after day in deafening cricket chirps.

    Looks like someone doesn't look to carefully on the front page.
    http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront/forums/discussion/39898/outer-rim-update-4-15/p1

    Wow great, after 6 months we get something that is labeled "communication" with the devs but is utterly useless (and only apologetic at best but without any apology) and you use it to counter his argument? Really?
    No one has critiqued, criticized, and applied more up and down feelings for this game more than me. However, since the last video i made via youtube, I have seen that the communications being made between Dice, EA and the fanbase is not only improving, but making these most desired things come to fruition. I can't sit up here and write threads and make videos criticizing their efforts when the efforts being attempted are all what I and what some of us wanted in the first place. Not only did they reply to me on facebook, but they wanted to hear what I wanted to say and suggest. I don't care if you're in a relationship, a teacher, professor, parent, boss or whatever. All what you can ask from someone is effort and what these recent actions have proven is the fact that this is pure effort.

    Words. Mere words. Thats all until now. Nothing has been delivered so far. How you go from arch-nemesis to singing hymns of praise is beyond me.
    tumblr_nusp5jmZkZ1r4o9xho1_r1_1280.jpg
    "Social justice 1, 2, 3 woo woo! I want to be PC woo woo!"
  • So much salt on this thread. People need to chill
  • IVIaster_LUKE
    1567 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    NickygUrl wrote: »
    So much salt on this thread.

    Real men use horseradish.
    NickygUrl wrote: »
    People need to chill

    no. ;)
    Post edited by Hozilla on
    luke.png
  • Quizolio
    3221 posts Member
    This is a thread best not replied to.
    "A thing called grammar needs a buff."
    - tankertoad
  • Quizolio wrote: »
    This is a thread best not replied to.

    Make the first step then- oh wait, its too late xD
    tumblr_nusp5jmZkZ1r4o9xho1_r1_1280.jpg
    "Social justice 1, 2, 3 woo woo! I want to be PC woo woo!"
  • CallMeDeee wrote: »
    No one has critiqued, criticized, and applied more up and down feelings for this game more than me.

    I stopped right here...

    You can if you want. I just set my point of view on the topic. Flame down on me if you wish I don't mind because from a certain point of view I have seen the effort of Dice's staff try and fix what seems as a cluster you know what in the past week or so. Are parts of this game flawed? sure and it is definitely missing things that are needed.

    Keep in mind that I'm not drinking the cool aid, but if I see something that is in need of taking note of I will. I have said and gone on record many times saying that if they turn thing around I'd be the first to say it. So I did and will. Also keep in mind I'm an adult and there are more important things for me to focus on. Life is short so I don't have time to continue hate about a game.

    If you wish to do so that's fine. I see it as my point of view to why I saw a change in improvement. that is all.
  • DarthWaffleNuggets
    262 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    NickygUrl wrote: »
    So much salt on this thread. People need to chill

    Oh it's a death sentence for me in this forum, lol. I knew that walking into this. I just don't care anymore.
  • CallMeDeee wrote: »
    No one has critiqued, criticized, and applied more up and down feelings for this game more than me.

    I stopped right here...

    You can if you want. I just set my point of view on the topic. Flame down on me if you wish I don't mind because from a certain point of view I have seen the effort of Dice's staff try and fix what seems as a cluster you know what in the past week or so. Are parts of this game flawed? sure and it is definitely missing things that are needed.

    Keep in mind that I'm not drinking the cool aid, but if I see something that is in need of taking note of I will. I have said and gone on record many times saying that if they turn thing around I'd be the first to say it. So I did and will. Also keep in mind I'm an adult and there are more important things for me to focus on. Life is short so I don't have time to continue hate about a game.

    If you wish to do so that's fine. I see it as my point of view to why I saw a change in improvement. that is all.

    I have nothing against you singing songs of praise to DICE, but I'd kindly ask you to do so when the actual fixes and improvements (both in game and on the forums) have been implemented. As I have said earlier, those are just words until now. Optimists are in danger of being disappointed. And thats something that happens alot around here, surely you can relate.
    So I would just wait and see what happens.
    tumblr_nusp5jmZkZ1r4o9xho1_r1_1280.jpg
    "Social justice 1, 2, 3 woo woo! I want to be PC woo woo!"

  • Words. Mere words. Thats all until now. Nothing has been delivered so far. How you go from arch-nemesis to singing hymns of praise is beyond me.

    He's not the only one.

    I'm starting to thing EA/DICE are up to something sinister for people to start praising them and telling everyone all is going to be okay.

    Tin foil hat time -

    kHtZhT6.jpg


    The thing that I don't get is that they have promised and not delivered before on both the base game and the DLC (Matchmaking, Auto balance etc), yet they do this post about Bespin and everyone jumps out of the trenches and goes to play a game of footie in no mans land with EA/DICE????

    When Bespin comes out and it brings the bugs and disapointment as did the base game and the first DLC, the high expectations people had will once again cause outrage until they release details of the next DLC and everyone will once again, join hands and praise EA/DICE.

    What's next for these people who love DICE!!!

    5tMl4Vi.jpg

    :wink:
  • you must mean EA's communication saying things like.... stay tuned we have more to come. stay tuned and get ready to live out your star wars fantasies.
  • GRDNANGL172
    5513 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    From what is looks like, they plan on leaving the air to air hits not registering bug (every game mode with fighters) broken for a total of 2 months! When THEY broke it in the outer rim patch! I'm not a happy customer. It should have been tested properly in the first place! If something gets broken in a patch fix it before, or at latest the next update. NOT 2 updates later!!. The pilots are getting po'd...
  • Proof or it didn't happen. Then a reason why you happened to be the only complaining customer who got attention directly, while the forum, who's sole purpose is to maintain an open dialogue between EA, DICE and their customers, goes on day after day in deafening cricket chirps.

    Totally not true, last night i was watching a lifestream on Youtube from SWBFUpdates and Dennis Brännvall joined to chat (and this was at 23:00 CEST) to talk to people about the game and replied to questions. So on his weekend while he could spend quality time with his family the guy start interacting with people playing his game.
  • GRDNANGL172
    5513 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    I think people mean more communication on the official forum from devs on a regular basis. They are usually on Twitter and don't comment here much. That is what needs to change. The sticky was one step on a long journey to good communication with their customers.
  • modulair wrote: »
    . So on his weekend while he could spend quality time with his family the guy start interacting with people playing his game.

    I work weekends when I would like to spend quality time with my family. What makes him so different? Do you know his job and when he should and shouldn't be working?

    If I produced shoddy buggy work in my job, I would get fired or told to work late/weekends to sort it out...

    Love it when people say Devs are people too and blah blah blah. Yes they are people, but they are also accountable for failings on a product that for some isn't working correctly.

    If you're selling a product, that product should work and if it doesn't then you should spend all your time fixing said product asap not in weeks/months time.

    The way some people talk about the Devs and EA, you'd think it's charity work they do or they're public officials that work for us. They're business people selling a product! A product that is buggy!



  • Proof or it didn't happen. Then a reason why you happened to be the only complaining customer who got attention directly, while the forum, who's sole purpose is to maintain an open dialogue between EA, DICE and their customers, goes on day after day in deafening cricket chirps.

    Sorry this just sounds like you are complaining for the sake of complaining...

    They ARE staring to communicate with us, what's wrong with that, just appreciate it..
    (the lack of developer communication within the forums is a whole different thing!)
    https://youtube.com/SpieleNerd <-- Best Let's Plays in the Galaxy!
  • modulair wrote: »
    Proof or it didn't happen. Then a reason why you happened to be the only complaining customer who got attention directly, while the forum, who's sole purpose is to maintain an open dialogue between EA, DICE and their customers, goes on day after day in deafening cricket chirps.

    Totally not true, last night i was watching a lifestream on Youtube from SWBFUpdates and Dennis Brännvall joined to chat (and this was at 23:00 CEST) to talk to people about the game and replied to questions. So on his weekend while he could spend quality time with his family the guy start interacting with people playing his game.

    And why isnt anyone informed about it on the forums? This is the OFFICIAL place for such things!
    tumblr_nusp5jmZkZ1r4o9xho1_r1_1280.jpg
    "Social justice 1, 2, 3 woo woo! I want to be PC woo woo!"
  • It's looking better. They've doubled the number of planned Heroes and I suspect we're going to get more free maps and modes than we would have without all the hand-wringing screeching that's gone down over the last few months, so thanks to those people I guess. For a pretty expensive game (base+seasonpass) it's not as content-rich as I'd expect just yet but looking ahead it looks like they're probably going to plump it out enough to have some longevity, I'm cautiously optimistic. Communication's been picking up too, so all in all the two main original issues of 'where's the rest of the game guys?' and 'Hello? Guys....?' seem to be being addressed.

    My fighters in FS are still spamming fire outside the reticle for some reason though, where's a hydrospanner when you need one?
  • SpieleNerd wrote: »
    Proof or it didn't happen. Then a reason why you happened to be the only complaining customer who got attention directly, while the forum, who's sole purpose is to maintain an open dialogue between EA, DICE and their customers, goes on day after day in deafening cricket chirps.

    Sorry this just sounds like you are complaining for the sake of complaining...

    They ARE staring to communicate with us, what's wrong with that, just appreciate it..
    (the lack of developer communication within the forums is a whole different thing!)
    How dare you. He has very valid complaints, you havent even seen his amazing thread of very valid complaints: http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront/forums/discussion/38381/ea-battlefront-team-its-time-for-a-sincere-update-on-this-entire-debacle/p1

    And you THINK they are "starting" (why only now, after 6 months???), but that means absolutely nothing yet. You people get one post from a dev and you already think its communication and go nuts, singing songs of praises even though the same person told us that we are beta testing the game with them. Incredible.
    tumblr_nusp5jmZkZ1r4o9xho1_r1_1280.jpg
    "Social justice 1, 2, 3 woo woo! I want to be PC woo woo!"
  • Beaver
    1735 posts Member
    SpieleNerd wrote: »
    Proof or it didn't happen. Then a reason why you happened to be the only complaining customer who got attention directly, while the forum, who's sole purpose is to maintain an open dialogue between EA, DICE and their customers, goes on day after day in deafening cricket chirps.

    Sorry this just sounds like you are complaining for the sake of complaining...

    They ARE staring to communicate with us, what's wrong with that, just appreciate it..
    (the lack of developer communication within the forums is a whole different thing!)

    That's exactly what they are doing, its only too obvious that they are complaining for the sake of complaining
  • Beaver wrote: »
    SpieleNerd wrote: »
    Proof or it didn't happen. Then a reason why you happened to be the only complaining customer who got attention directly, while the forum, who's sole purpose is to maintain an open dialogue between EA, DICE and their customers, goes on day after day in deafening cricket chirps.

    Sorry this just sounds like you are complaining for the sake of complaining...

    They ARE staring to communicate with us, what's wrong with that, just appreciate it..
    (the lack of developer communication within the forums is a whole different thing!)

    That's exactly what they are doing, its only too obvious that they are complaining for the sake of complaining


    You know what's funny about this whole thread. It's not that I'm "singing their praises". It is the fact that I have in between going to each spectrum created threads suggesting helpful ideas to make the game better for devs to see it and the forum people to pass it along and you know what happened to those threads? Not one person above who took time out to crucify me in this thread here ever posted there to attribute to a solution or back another person up when they made a thread directly for the support of an idea. Instead, they all have been negative and only posted on things that were to complain and hinder, never to help and support. Like I said above is that i've complained, and when I didn't hear from them I did. To be honest, at the same time I made an attempt to suggest ideas and fixes and from my point of view I thought they didn't heed them or ignore them. I did also say that if they turn this thing around I'd be the first person to mention it and I did.

    Bottom line is, this forum and most of the people in it are toxic to the core and it won't change anytime soon. A lot of the problems exist in this forum not because of me, but because of people who do more complaining and negativity than supporting your fellow thread members contributing to their ideas which helps the flow. To those folks, you're the real problem. This is the most toxic forum I've ever been on and I'm done with it, lol. So if this is my swan song on here, so be it because most of the posters here stink of 33, single, and full of hatred.
  • DarthWaffleNuggets
    262 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Post removed.
    Post edited by Hozilla on
  • Beaver wrote: »
    SpieleNerd wrote: »
    Proof or it didn't happen. Then a reason why you happened to be the only complaining customer who got attention directly, while the forum, who's sole purpose is to maintain an open dialogue between EA, DICE and their customers, goes on day after day in deafening cricket chirps.

    Sorry this just sounds like you are complaining for the sake of complaining...

    They ARE staring to communicate with us, what's wrong with that, just appreciate it..
    (the lack of developer communication within the forums is a whole different thing!)

    That's exactly what they are doing, its only too obvious that they are complaining for the sake of complaining


    You know what's funny about this whole thread. It's not that I'm "singing their praises". It is the fact that I have in between going to each spectrum created threads suggesting helpful ideas to make the game better for devs to see it and the forum people to pass it along and you know what happened to those threads? Not one person above who took time out to crucify me in this thread here ever posted there to attribute to a solution or back another person up when they made a thread directly for the support of an idea. Instead, they all have been negative and only posted on things that were to complain and hinder, never to help and support. Like I said above is that i've complained, and when I didn't hear from them I did. To be honest, at the same time I made an attempt to suggest ideas and fixes and from my point of view I thought they didn't heed them or ignore them. I did also say that if they turn this thing around I'd be the first person to mention it and I did.

    Bottom line is, this forum and most of the people in it are toxic to the core and it won't change anytime soon. A lot of the problems exist in this forum not because of me, but because of people who do more complaining and negativity than supporting your fellow thread members contributing to their ideas which helps the flow. To those folks, you're the real problem. This is the most toxic forum I've ever been on and I'm done with it, lol. So if this is my swan song on here, so be it because most of the posters here stink of 33, single, and full of hatred.

    You are quite the hypocrite. First you say that you were the one that was in other words the most toxic on this forum, then make a complete turnaround and start bashing the ones that still have valid complaints. You of all should be silent. Your "holier than thou" attitude is laughable.
    tumblr_nusp5jmZkZ1r4o9xho1_r1_1280.jpg
    "Social justice 1, 2, 3 woo woo! I want to be PC woo woo!"
  • Took a break for a few months. Glad to see jack ish has changed except more garbage to pay for.
  • Beaver
    1735 posts Member
    Beaver wrote: »
    SpieleNerd wrote: »
    Proof or it didn't happen. Then a reason why you happened to be the only complaining customer who got attention directly, while the forum, who's sole purpose is to maintain an open dialogue between EA, DICE and their customers, goes on day after day in deafening cricket chirps.

    Sorry this just sounds like you are complaining for the sake of complaining...

    They ARE staring to communicate with us, what's wrong with that, just appreciate it..
    (the lack of developer communication within the forums is a whole different thing!)

    That's exactly what they are doing, its only too obvious that they are complaining for the sake of complaining


    You know what's funny about this whole thread. It's not that I'm "singing their praises". It is the fact that I have in between going to each spectrum created threads suggesting helpful ideas to make the game better for devs to see it and the forum people to pass it along and you know what happened to those threads? Not one person above who took time out to crucify me in this thread here ever posted there to attribute to a solution or back another person up when they made a thread directly for the support of an idea. Instead, they all have been negative and only posted on things that were to complain and hinder, never to help and support. Like I said above is that i've complained, and when I didn't hear from them I did. To be honest, at the same time I made an attempt to suggest ideas and fixes and from my point of view I thought they didn't heed them or ignore them. I did also say that if they turn this thing around I'd be the first person to mention it and I did.

    Bottom line is, this forum and most of the people in it are toxic to the core and it won't change anytime soon. A lot of the problems exist in this forum not because of me, but because of people who do more complaining and negativity than supporting your fellow thread members contributing to their ideas which helps the flow. To those folks, you're the real problem. This is the most toxic forum I've ever been on and I'm done with it, lol. So if this is my swan song on here, so be it because most of the posters here stink of 33, single, and full of hatred.

    I don't believe that most of this forum or its members are toxic, not for one minute. I don't know about you, but after Sledge caught ( you know who ) with six accounts and banned him, I noticed a huge culture change in less then 24 hours. It absolutely floors me that one reject can inflict so much damage on a community. There are still people here, for all intent purposes who have no interest in this game, and their sole mission to belittle EA and Dice. I'm not going to mention any names, but with a little purging, I feel this forum would become a nice place for players to come and exchange ideas and stories.
  • Vakyoom
    995 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Who is this guy?

    Anyway things haven't really changed other than more words. They need to keep their promises and not screw it up this time. Releasing a paid product with this many bugs is really low-class. And the bugs have been around for a month already with a possibility of longer than 3 more weeks til they get fixed..

    And I'm starting to wonder if there's a more official forum that I'm somehow missing. We have directors on Twitter, Facebook and random twitch streams apparently, talking about the game all the time yet we go weeks without an update and we get a general 'this is how you bug test a video game' post from them explaining why things will be broken until further notice.

    I'm still having fun with the game but man is this ring-around-the-toilet-rim with talking and acting like a professional gaming company yet failing is getting reeeeally old
    Cycler lyfe -- All about that Ishi Tib!
  • So I suppose if this thread was titled "boy, it's relieving that they have started responding online".....it wouldn't have caused arguments from others? This forum is like the old wild west....populated by ALL SORTS.
  • I bet that the lack of communication comes from this being a licensed product, so DICE does not have full control of what they can tell us. The chain of command is probably

    Disney > EA > DICE

    And about the bugs, the testing process seems strange but I'm not a developer so I can't really judge that, but with DICE being such a big company it's hard to understand how so many bugs were introduced in Outer Rim without anyone at DICE realising
    The force will be with you. Always.
  • Beaver
    1735 posts Member
    Vakyoom wrote: »
    Who is this guy?

    Anyway things haven't really changed other than more words. They need to keep their promises and not screw it up this time. Releasing a paid product with this many bugs is really low-class. And the bugs have been around for a month already with a possibility of longer than 3 more weeks til they get fixed..

    And I'm starting to wonder if there's a more official forum that I'm somehow missing. We have directors on Twitter, Facebook and random twitch streams apparently, talking about the game all the time yet we go weeks without an update and we get a general 'this is how you bug test a video game' post from them explaining why things will be broken until further notice.

    I'm still having fun with the game but man is this ring-around-the-toilet-rim with talking and acting like a professional gaming company yet failing is getting reeeeally old

    I know exactly who it sounds like, but we are not supposed to use names in posts, so Ill just say another window licking blowhard who has nothing better to do but whine.
  • forums seem to be getting more active it must be all the happy customers (the game is so awesome they need a rest )
  • Beaver
    1735 posts Member
    forums seem to be getting more active it must be all the happy customers (the game is so awesome they need a rest )

    No different then any other day.
  • What's going on here?

    Have they finally come to their senses and introduced a server browser???
  • I was honestly ready to turn this game in for a refund, but I've decided to wait for a couple of months to see what they've got planned. I really do think that the dev team wants to do right by us, and they may just give me reason to keep the game.
  • I honestly don't care what they say anymore, actions are louder than words.

    Today, it's still a pain in the A to find games locally. If I can't play the game, then who cares what content they're adding.
  • LOCO_MOFO wrote: »
    I honestly don't care what they say anymore, actions are louder than words.

    Exactly! Thanks!
    tumblr_nusp5jmZkZ1r4o9xho1_r1_1280.jpg
    "Social justice 1, 2, 3 woo woo! I want to be PC woo woo!"
  • Beaver
    1735 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    post removed.
    Post edited by Hozilla on
  • No one has critiqued, criticized, and applied more up and down feelings for this game more than me. However, since the last video i made via youtube, I have seen that the communications being made between Dice, EA and the fanbase is not only improving, but making these most desired things come to fruition. I can't sit up here and write threads and make videos criticizing their efforts when the efforts being attempted are all what I and what some of us wanted in the first place. Not only did they reply to me on facebook, but they wanted to hear what I wanted to say and suggest. I don't care if you're in a relationship, a teacher, professor, parent, boss or whatever. All what you can ask from someone is effort and what these recent actions have proven is the fact that this is pure effort.

    Umm...Okay.
  • PCPrincipalPC
    1388 posts Member
    edited April 2016

    Exactly! Thanks!
    Post edited by Hozilla on
    tumblr_nusp5jmZkZ1r4o9xho1_r1_1280.jpg
    "Social justice 1, 2, 3 woo woo! I want to be PC woo woo!"
  • Beaver
    1735 posts Member
    Beaver wrote: »
    [quote="PCPrincipalPC;2712
    Beaver wrote: »
    LOCO_MOFO wrote: »
    I honestly don't care what they say anymore, actions are louder than words.

    Exactly! Thanks!

    PC....get a job, get a girlfriend, get some fresh air, go to the gym, go to the movies! climb out of your shell and do something for yourself. because weather you realize it or not, you are sick in the head!

    Exactly! Thanks!

    As much as I just love the writers of South Park.....I'm being serious here.....love ya, but you aren't right bro, you need help.
  • well see when the may update comes out
  • PCPrincipalPC
    1388 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Beaver wrote: »

    As much as I just love the writers of South Park.....I'm being serious here.....love ya, but you aren't right bro, you need help.

    Exactly! Thanks again bro!
    tumblr_nusp5jmZkZ1r4o9xho1_r1_1280.jpg
    "Social justice 1, 2, 3 woo woo! I want to be PC woo woo!"
  • One: What are these so called "improvements" that have been implemented? Two: I will accept nothing less that a fully written and read apology in video format from the dev team saying "Im sorry for Battlefront and BF:Hardline" .
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!