criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Tips to help players play more with Palpatine.

Anoh
8379 posts Member
edited April 2016
Hi guys,

I though I would make this thread giving tips to help players love playing with Palpatine more, and how with these few tips, you can really make a difference with the old man.

Tip n°1:

-Dare! Just because he isn't a long range Villain, that doesn't mean you shouldn't show yourself.

When attacking, don't just stay on the ground, use the force my friend!

Float around, go over Heroes, MOVE! this will make you so much more harder to hit.

Tip n°2:

Use Force Dash the smart way, when you're in the heat of the battle, and you're out of lightning, use the Force Dash UPWARDS, it will confuse your ennemies and allow you to flee.

Tip n°3:

Use Chain Lightning in the right order,

Use Chain Lightning and make the most of those few milliseconds of stun to light up your ennemy with your entire Lightning Attack bar!

Tip n°4:

Use the Shields !

Use the Shields to protect yourself and at the same time attack, as your lightning goes through the Shields but not blaster fire.

Here's some footage demonstrating these tips in action:

Hope this helps a few of you with Palpatine,

Editor/Cinematographer - Anoh is pronounced: AhNo.

Replies

• sektzAh
    110 posts Member
    Tips are always welcome, will try these thanks mate!
  • Anoh
    8379 posts Member
    sektzAh wrote: »

Np man hope these help !
  • Anoh
    8379 posts Member
    sektzAh wrote: »

Np man hope these help !
  • Some real great tips here. I've been underutilizing his aerial attacks and escapes. Thank you
  • Anoh
    8379 posts Member
    Kraigbot wrote: »
    Some real great tips here. I've been underutilizing his aerial attacks and escapes. Thank you

They can make all the difference if you use them correctly! My pleasure man
  • Will try these out.thx
  • Noice.pretty much covered everything.
    The number one mistake I see people making with palpy is that they don't jump.just jump people!!
  • KillerKilburn19
    29 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    I have to admit I normally shy away from using the Emperor, however after trying out these tips I can honestly say that I will no longer shy away from using him now. So thanks @Anoh !
  • Anoh
    8379 posts Member
    I have to admit I normally shy away from using the Emperor, however after trying out these tips I can honestly say that I will no longer shy away from using him now. So thanks @Anoh !

Great to hear have fun with him man!
  • Every single Rebel is now considered an enemy of the Empire. Do not hesitate, show no mercy!
  • Thanks for these tips! I will be playing with Palpatine more, trying these tricks.

@Anoh
    Pray that the 2017 Battlefront will live up to it's expectations
  • Yes, appreciate the tips!
  • smart moves man!!
  • Anoh wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I though I would make this thread giving tips to help players love playing with Palpatine more, and how with these few tips, you can really make a difference with the old man.

Tip n°1:

-Dare! Just because he isn't a long range Villain, that doesn't mean you shouldn't show yourself.

Float around, go over Heroes, MOVE! this will make you so much more harder to hit.

Tip n°2:

Use Force Dash the smart way, when you're in the heat of the battle, and you're out of lightning, use the Force Dash UPWARDS, it will confuse your ennemies and allow you to flee.

Tip n°3:

Use Chain Lightning and make the most of those few milliseconds of stun to light up your ennemy with your entire Lightning Attack bar!

Tip n°4:

Use the Shields !

Use the Shields to protect yourself and at the same time attack, as your lightning goes through the Shields but not blaster fire.

It's good only I outer rim, it's not good in bigger game modes like walker assult

• DarthJ
    5841 posts Member
    Anoh wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Tip n°1:

Tip n°2:

Tip n°3:

Tip n°4:

Use the Shields !

It's good only I outer rim, it's not good in bigger game modes like walker assult

Not really - I pick him in supremacy and can dominate - 25-30 kills at least easily. He's the best villain for me to use.
    41st Forum Fury Battalion Founder PSN: ibrajoker59
  • swaza79
    778 posts Member
    I wasn't using the dash vertically. Tried out your tips last night in HvV and did a lot better than I usually do. Only got killed as him once all night.

Thanks for the tips!
  • Anoh
    8379 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Nuce to hear that these tips are helping you guys !
  • Anoh
    8379 posts Member
    Every single Rebel is now considered an enemy of the Empire. Do not hesitate, show no mercy!

Nasty line
  • Try these out I will.
  • Very nice!
    Thanks for the effort :)
    https://youtube.com/SpieleNerd <-- Best Let's Plays in the Galaxy!
  • Great hit and run gameplay!!
  • I play as the emperor all the time and I did not know his lightning goes through shields. Great tips.
  • Vakyoom
    995 posts Member
    Don't forget to use that health token... You only used it twice that whole round lol. That and you went solo for most of it so you couldn't heal anyone else either.

It's still an impressive vid but you got lucky that you didn't get outnumbered after you left your team. And that Nien didn't notice you creeping towards him lol.
    Cycler lyfe -- All about that Ishi Tib!
  • How can you use your entire lightning bar on a single unit? Always thought you must use the Lightning like a semi auto rifle !?
  • Anoh
    8379 posts Member
    Vakyoom wrote: »
    Don't forget to use that health token... You only used it twice that whole round lol. That and you went solo for most of it so you couldn't heal anyone else either.

It's still an impressive vid but you got lucky that you didn't get outnumbered after you left your team. And that Nien didn't notice you creeping towards him lol.

Obviously I didn't include the Health Token as a Tip as it is pretty obvious.
    How can you use your entire lightning bar on a single unit? Always thought you must use the Lightning like a semi auto rifle !?

No you can hold down R2 on the PS4 to spray Lightning like a stream
  • Sevarus
    232 posts Member
    Hi guys,

Tip n°1:

Tip n°2:

Tip n°3:

Tip n°4:

Use the Shields !

Very nice useing force dash on a diagonal angle is a great idea and brilliant on vertical levels

Many people also forget about the stun of chain lightning and that how you can jump and lightning at the same time.

I would add only 1 tip press the health token button as much as you can. (Don't if you have full health of course) and even if you don't need it try to get a teammate to take it ;)
  • How can you use your entire lightning bar on a single unit? Always thought you must use the Lightning like a semi auto rifle !?

No you can hold down R2 on the PS4 to spray Lightning like a stream[/quote]

Thanks a lot. Didn't know that :)
  • Anoh
    8379 posts Member
    Sevarus wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Tip n°1:

Tip n°2:

Tip n°3:

Tip n°4:

Use the Shields !

Very nice useing force dash on a diagonal angle is a great idea and brilliant on vertical levels

Many people also forget about the stun of chain lightning and that how you can jump and lightning at the same time.

I would add only 1 tip press the health token button as much as you can. (Don't if you have full health of course) and even if you don't need it try to get a teammate to take it ;)

The Vertical Dash gets you out of EVERY situation!
  • dolan_skaiwalker
    311 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    "Fly casual.."
  • Anoh
    8379 posts Member

HAHA