criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Lol Dice is this a joke?

Scout Troopers in the single player have the Sniper Rifle from SW:BF2 Why do we only get the pulse cannon and cycler rifle?

Replies

• You guys really dig deep to complain huh
  • Mcap
    873 posts Member
    MikePesar wrote: »
    You guys really dig deep to complain huh

OP is talking about BF on a forum dedicated to talking about BF.

You on the other hand are on a BF forum talking about the OP. Think about it.

I for one agree with the OP that there's interesting things in the SP modes that should carry over to the MP modes. It's kind of a travesty that unlocking Scout Troopers and Shadow Troopers yields nothing more than a fancy skin. Where as the SP versions of each of them has special abilities, such as cloaking. Plus where's the jump Troopers that can actually hover with their jet pack in SP?!?

Why bother putting these abilities into the SP game at all if that's the only purpose to them? Especially considering SP is so limited.

• 1:29
    No they don't. It's a Pulse Cannon that can fire faster.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • Mcap
    873 posts Member

1:29

Yes, but you just said it. It's a special version of the Pulse canon. Just like the Jump Troopers seem to have a special version of the jump pack that hovers like Boba Fetts (better actually as it's not as janky, they stay steady).

It would be way cooler if these skins actually had something tied to them that was special. why put intht effort to make it that way in SP, if it doesn't carry over, or if there's not a more robust SP version of the game.

It's just so piecemeal.
  • MikePesar wrote: »
    You guys really dig deep to complain huh

And you are lurking in the forums just waiting for threads like this, huh?
    tumblr_nusp5jmZkZ1r4o9xho1_r1_1280.jpg
    "Social justice 1, 2, 3 woo woo! I want to be PC woo woo!"
  • If Scout Trooper had the Nien Nunb style rapid Pulse Cannon and Shadow could cloak, they'd be utterly broken in multiplayer.

I'm glad DICE is designing the gameplay balance, instead of random people from the internet with **** ideas such as this.
    61tgj36mc1n9.png

Founding member and commissar in chief of the Church of Janina. PSN: HanGerrelShot1st
  • Vakyoom
    995 posts Member
    If Scout Trooper had the Nien Nunb style rapid Pulse Cannon and Shadow could cloak, they'd be utterly broken in multiplayer.

I'm glad DICE is designing the gameplay balance, instead of random people from the internet with **** ideas such as this.

pew pew... ba-BOOM!
    Cycler lyfe -- All about that Ishi Tib!
  • Mcap
    873 posts Member
    If Scout Trooper had the Nien Nunb style rapid Pulse Cannon and Shadow could cloak, they'd be utterly broken in multiplayer.

Because everyone running around using explosive shot the entire round, and one shot killers such as the scout pistol makes things so much more balanced. :|

It would just be more weapons that people would exploit or not. The idea that it would upset the balance of the game is what's **** here.

• Vakyoom wrote: »

pew pew... ba-BOOM!
    While we're at it whynot carry over more things from the asymmetricaly balanced SP mode?

-Sullustan Rebel skin gets HueHue Pulse Cannon as well
    -Quarren skin can sponge an entire overheat cycle's worth of blaster fire
    -Ishi Tib is similar to Quarren, but also gets Boba Fett's jetpack

I'm starting to believe most people on the internet don't bother to think before they smash their face into the keyboard and spew verbal diarrhea like this.
    61tgj36mc1n9.png

Founding member and commissar in chief of the Church of Janina. PSN: HanGerrelShot1st
  • Mcap wrote: »

Yes, but you just said it. It's a special version of the Pulse canon. Just like the Jump Troopers seem to have a special version of the jump pack that hovers like Boba Fetts (better actually as it's not as janky, they stay steady).

It would be way cooler if these skins actually had something tied to them that was special. why put intht effort to make it that way in SP, if it doesn't carry over, or if there's not a more robust SP version of the game.

It's just so piecemeal.

Jump packs and jet packs are not the same.

It's just so piecemeal.

Either way, OP was wrong in saying that it was the sniper in the original Battlefronts.
    latest?cb=20080617131545&path-prefix=fi
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • Mcap
    873 posts Member
    Mcap wrote: »

:| :|

It's just so piecemeal.

yet they are called Jump Troopers aren't they? Derp.

Because everyone running around using explosive shot the entire round, and one shot killers such as the scout pistol makes things so much more balanced. :|

It would just be more weapons that people would exploit or not. The idea that it would upset the balance of the game is what's **** here.
    Have you by chance played Nien Nunb? I literally can't believe I'm having to explain why a rapid fire Pulse Cannon equippable by more than heroes would be horrendously OP in comparison to Explosive Shot or the bloody Scout Pistol. The normal Pulse Cannon is horrendously OP in comparison to the Scout Pistol.
    61tgj36mc1n9.png

• Mcap
    873 posts Member

Have you by chance played Nien Nunb? I literally can't believe I'm having to explain why a rapid fire Pulse Cannon equippable by more than heroes would be horrendously OP in comparison to Explosive Shot or the bloody Scout Pistol. The normal Pulse Cannon is horrendously OP in comparison to the Scout Pistol.

Yup, Nien Numb is very OP. But that;s because not only does he have a rapid fire pulse canaon, but also a primary Blaster that is more accurate due to his hero status. (not to mention turrets and orbital strikes)

If a faster version of the Pulse canon was your primary weapon and you had no primary blaster things would be different. Kind of like carrying the DLT-19x.

:| :|

It's just so piecemeal.

yet they are called Jump Troopers aren't they? Derp.

That's just a name "derp" jet packs let you fly freely anywhere while jump packs only let you fly a certain distance quickly.

Yup, Nien Numb is very OP. But that;s because not only does he have a rapid fire pulse canaon, but also a primary Blaster that is more accurate due to his hero status. (not to mention turrets and orbital strikes)

If a faster version of the Pulse canon was your primary weapon and you had no primary blaster things would be different. Kind of like carrying the DLT-19x.

It would be nothing like the DLT-19x. That gun has slow velocity, requires headshots to kill, and can't ruin walkers/starfighters.

You can already sort of get a rapid fire Pulse Cannon as is, though. Just use Bounty Hunter and maintain level 3, which is easy to do standing in the back of the map where nothing can hit you but other Pulse Cannons. This is the result in the hands of a halfway comptetent player, and mind you I'm on conslol with controller aim. PC player could probably cut down on the misses and rack up higher kill counts.

CgQWKCNUIAI6mcY.jpg:large

61tgj36mc1n9.png