criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Chaingun

I would love to see the incorporation of a star card similar to BFII's Chaingun - an extremely fast rate of fire (much faster than RC), medium power shots, very slow turning. The goal is to tear through an cluster of enemies, but the disadvantage is the limited movement while firing. It would probably last around 5 seconds, and refresh for 30-35. Any thoughts or similar ideas?

Replies

• I was thinking about it the other day. My idea is that the gun has a tri-pod like thing when you deploy it but stops the person from moving when in use, can only fires for a short time then go on cooldown. The purpose of the weapon is to sort of pin down large group of enemies in a area.
  • Cool thoughts. I was thinking something similar, I also play the Star Wars Commander app, there's a mercenary that carries a modified Starfighter blaster that does extremely heavy damage, but only fires off one shot every 5 seconds or so. He's able to carry it, so he's really slow.

To me, it would be sweet to have a support weapon like this, similar to carrying around the cannon from the Sullust turrets. Slow mobility, slow shot, heavy damage along with a large splash area. Team mates would almost need to protect this guy as he's going through the maps.
  • Vakyoom
    995 posts Member
    I'd support this as a power up that lasts like 7 seconds or something.

If it was a star card, it'd be better as a charge card with a whopping 25-30 sec CD or something.

This will be very useful if implemented so they'd have to be sure not to overdo it
    Cycler lyfe -- All about that Ishi Tib!
  • Vakyoom wrote: »
    I'd support this as a power up that lasts like 7 seconds or something.

If it was a star card, it'd be better as a charge card with a whopping 25-30 sec CD or something.

This will be very useful if implemented so they'd have to be sure not to overdo it

I disagree it should be a primary weapon but causes a decrease in movement speed.