criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

I Want My Share! (Request for implementation of a system of Kill-Sharing)

Chewbacca815
483 posts Member
edited April 2016
If two players contribute to a kill in a way that one player dealt at least 50% damage and the other player got the final shot, that kill should be listed and counted as a Shared Kill.
That means both players should get the kill added to their kill count. The score for the kill would be shared 50-50.
The player with the final shot would get an additional final kill shot bonus.
I think such system would help teamplay to a great degree.
Sticking together with the team would be realized as being beneficial.
Team mates might not squeeze as much in front of each others, as it would be quite as possible to get kills if you remain in the second row.
Unrewarding weapons like Ion torpedo and Dioxis would be recognized as viable, not only for the greater good, but also for your personal score and kill count.
And let's be honest. We all care about our kills a little ;)
Post edited by Chewbacca815 on

Replies

• Vakyoom
    995 posts Member
    I'd be good with decimals. Like having a certain amount of assists and crit assists add up...

Lets say .25 kills for assists and .5 for crit assists.
    Cycler lyfe -- All about that Ishi Tib!
  • Yea. That would be nice. BF4 has an "Assist counts as kill" if you deal the majority of the damage. I remember MW3 had a perk where 2 assists would count toward your killstreak if you ran hardline. At least something besides "Most Kill Assists" at the end of a round of blast...
  • jack_danieIs
    405 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Nothing worse in the game than getting a critical assist. No street cred at all for doing all the work lol maybe a column for ka/d on the leaderboard would satisfy you.
  • kill stealing - ever since their were games. I think the assist points and the assist kills is a better system than most games, however. Someone gets the last shot.
    41st.org Founder "Where the Game is Winnable."

are-you-threatening-me-gif.gif
  • Vakyoom wrote: »
    I'd be good with decimals. Like having a certain amount of assists and crit assists add up...

Lets say .25 kills for assists and .5 for crit assists.

I don't know about the decimals.
    I mean there is no concept of "to quarter-kill" a person or "to kill half a person" in reality.
    There is a concept however for multiple culprits and one victim.
    I also think that decimal kills wouldn't be perceived much differently than kill assists, and kill assists do add up to score already after all.
    Shared kills however would be perceived as more satisfying than a critical kill assist. And 50% minimum contribution appears like a reasonable threshold to me to make it count as a kill. Anything below would remain kill assist.
    tankertoad wrote: »
    kill stealing - ever since their were games. I think the assist points and the assist kills is a better system than most games, however. Someone gets the last shot.
    I think people refrain from using certain types of weapons because they do not reward you with a kill as easily as other weapons do. Ion Torpedo or Dioxis do not help your kill count even though they prove to be useful if you work towards team victory.
    Why should I bring Ion Torpedo for a few kill assist points if I can get multiple multikills with barrage?
    A system of Kill-Sharing would make certain weapons more rewarding and attractive, and they wouldn't need to be deadly on their own to be perceived useful or effective.