criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission

Battles and Hero Battles: Online or Split-Screen 1 vs 1 Action

rendition1.img.jpg

Star Wars™ Battlefront™ has numerous epic game modes where Rebel and Imperial troops clash in grand battles. But sometimes, you get that urge to keep it personal, fighting face-to-face. That’s where Battles come in.

Battles is classically Rebels versus Imperials, and can be played against a team of AI enemies or against another player. When playing against another player, it can be 1 vs 1 only, or each player fighting alongside AI enemies against each other. The choice is yours, and the goal is to collect points by picking up dropped tokens from your defeated enemies. Reach 100 points and the match is yours. Hero Battles follows the same rules, but with the key difference that you’re fighting as the iconic Heroes and Villains in Star Wars Battlefront.

Level Designer Jim Fagerlund tells us how Battles and Hero Battles came about, and also shares some valuable tips and tricks for the mode:

“As we developed the cooperative Survival missions, we realized that we also wanted an experience where you could battle directly against another player,” Fagerlund says. “Co-op is great, but fighting your friend in couch co-op can be incredibly fun. That’s when we began working on Battles.”

Battles started out simple. Two players, and two players only, spawned on the map and the player with the most kills would win. The dev team soon found out that with just a little edge, the better player would win pretty much constantly.

“So we looked for another winning criteria,” Fagerlund explains. “That’s when we came up with the tokens. Every defeated enemy would drop these, and we decided on... Read More
Thanks
Sledgehammer70
Star Wars Battlefront Community Guy

Replies

• tommytom64
    1089 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    So this isn't linear? YES! GET HYPE
  • Sounds good. The article says Luke Vs Vader on Sullust is atmospheric, and shows 'shades' of their duels in the original trilogy. So it would be great to see the full glory of the Carbonite Freezing Chamber on Bespin's Cloud City, and the Emperor's Throne Room on the second Death Star as selectable levels at some point!
  • I hope there are vehicles in these modes
    -A convoluted signature

• This is a message for ea. Will there be a b-wing fighter and a tie advancer?
  • Look good but vehicles needed
  • I also just noticed it says in the full link, "...you’re far from invincible as a Hero, so make use of the Health pickups available." So player health in Battles mode is different to what we've seen in the Beta?
  • Kj-ZoSo wrote: »
    I also just noticed it says in the full link, "...you’re far from invincible as a Hero, so make use of the Health pickups available." So player health in Battles mode is different to what we've seen in the Beta?

It might be there to just compensate for the count down of health of the hero to stay on the battlefield longer.
    -A convoluted signature

• Will we be able to fly X- Wings etc. in Walker Assault on Endor? It might be difficult with all the trees but I still want it!
  • This will be awesome!!
  • Ok Youtube is a death pit for battlefront. Everyone is saying that it sucks. Over and over again. This isn't good for the love of Stars wars and that's also crushing some people, their feelings to.

But they main problem that most people say is the flying, and that it looks like battlefield to much! Lets first start off with the flying. The only problem with the flying is that you cant go upside down with out the little ability that allows you to do that but limits you to your freedom in the sky's. The viecles are great but AT-ST to good especially with the broken spawns for the rebels.

What about it looking like battlefield it was born from battlefield the first time battlefront came out it was a mod from battlefield. Then company looked into liked it and made it game an boom big game. Now this comes out and people forget that it came from battlefield. This is also why I am into battlefront because it is like battlefield.

If you agree leave a quote or something like that I am excited. 16 days are left! I would recommend get the game but
    don't get the ultimate edition if you want to save money because we don't know what we will get from it yet. But preorder it. Now we must wait!

PS: stay clear from people that say it would suck I would say witness it yourself don't depend on other people to say what they have to say. Somethings should be fixed like the spawns. But have your own opinion. See you on the battlefield of Hoth, or any other map. Also the Vehicles are awesome.

-luckyvic

• Ok Youtube is a death pit for battlefront. Everyone is saying that it sucks. Over and over again. This isn't good for the love of Stars wars and that's also crushing some people, their feelings to.

But they main problem that most people say is the flying, and that it looks like battlefield to much! Lets first start off with the flying. The only problem with the flying is that you cant go upside down with out the little ability that allows you to do that but limits you to your freedom in the sky's. The viecles are great but AT-ST to good especially with the broken spawns for the rebels.

What about it looking like battlefield it was born from battlefield the first time battlefront came out it was a mod from battlefield. Then company looked into liked it and made it game an boom big game. Now this comes out and people forget that it came from battlefield. This is also why I am into battlefront because it is like battlefield.

If you agree leave a quote or something like that I am excited. 16 days are left! I would recommend get the game but
    don't get the ultimate edition if you want to save money because we don't know what we will get from it yet. But preorder it. Now we must wait!

PS: stay clear from people that say it would suck I would say witness it yourself don't depend on other people to say what they have to say. Somethings should be fixed like the spawns. But have your own opinion. See you on the battlefield of Hoth, or any other map. Also the Vehicles are awesome.

-luckyvic

Thank you. I agree fully.
  • Exterified wrote: »
    Ok Youtube is a death pit for battlefront. Everyone is saying that it sucks. Over and over again. This isn't good for the love of Stars wars and that's also crushing some people, their feelings to.

-luckyvic

Thank you. I agree fully.

me too :) :) :) , also alot of people on youtube are targeting younger demographics/are younger demographics but battlefront is shuffling into everyone Older NES and SNES, 64 & PS1 guys, Xbox and PS2 and so on even casual players who don't play games old and young...So ignore those guys on youtube....A lot of their arguments on youtube are one sided, biased ,and don't make sense...I love the beta and I'm sure I'll love the game but I feel like it's important for people to develope their own conclusions about games and not go off IGN (ugh) and youtubers and many more because it's just one guy's opinion and he has fancy video editing to put text over it with a number...
    -A convoluted signature

• update: this mode is okay
    -A convoluted signature

• Update: It lacks HERO AI to fight against, which needs to be updated in a future update/patch. Yes the developers are under strict time constraints, but I'm hoping we see some HERO AI to fight against in a future patch/update. :)

Please and thank you, DICE.
    We NEED Offline Galactic Assault (Where the objectives are suitable for the AI and where the ENTIRE large scale maps are utilized by both the player and AI), Vehicle AI to fight against in large scale battles offline, and of course SA Offline.
    #soloplayersmatter #singleplayersmatter #offlinegamersmatter
  • We need this in bf2
  • rendition1.img.jpg

Star Wars™ Battlefront™ has numerous epic game modes where Rebel and Imperial troops clash in grand battles. But sometimes, you get that urge to keep it personal, fighting face-to-face. That’s where Battles come in.

Battles is classically Rebels versus Imperials, and can be played against a team of AI enemies or against another player. When playing against another player, it can be 1 vs 1 only, or each player fighting alongside AI enemies against each other. The choice is yours, and the goal is to collect points by picking up dropped tokens from your defeated enemies. Reach 100 points and the match is yours. Hero Battles follows the same rules, but with the key difference that you’re fighting as the iconic Heroes and Villains in Star Wars Battlefront.

Level Designer Jim Fagerlund tells us how Battles and Hero Battles came about, and also shares some valuable tips and tricks for the mode:

“As we developed the cooperative Survival missions, we realized that we also wanted an experience where you could battle directly against another player,” Fagerlund says. “Co-op is great, but fighting your friend in couch co-op can be incredibly fun. That’s when we began working on Battles.”

Battles started out simple. Two players, and two players only, spawned on the map and the player with the most kills would win. The dev team soon found out that with just a little edge, the better player would win pretty much constantly.

“So we looked for another winning criteria,” Fagerlund explains. “That’s when we came up with the tokens. Every defeated enemy would drop these, and we decided on... Read More

thanks
    Ponds main

Officer of The Knights of Gareth
    uruzea55jgr4.png
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!