criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

Open world Star Wars game

A while back, rumors started making the rounds of a potential open world Star Wars game. And I got to thinking about it recently what I would like to see in an open world Star Wars game.

I'm coming at this from the angle of someone who has been immersed in the open world games made by Bethesda Game Studios, best know for The Elder Scrolls and Fallout.

Now, say what you will about the stories of those games, but there's no denying that the worlds they make are astoundingly awesome. Heck, the first few moments of leaving Vault 111 in Fallout 4 had me wanting to do nothing more than run around and explore.

This is what I'd love to see in an open world Star Wars game.
First and foremost is that it needs to be made in the Frostbite engine. Content aside, the graphics in Battlefront are awesome. No MP or co-op. Single player only.
First person/Third Person modes.
A vast, open world.
Set the game's story in the OT era.
Character customization. The ability to create your own character. Select your own race, gender, etc. Multiple different armors, outfits, head and eyewear.
Multiple different types of weapons ranging from the familiar blasters in BF to melee weapons for a variety of play styles.
Multiple types of quests, ranging from freeform to side quests.

At the moment that's all I can think of. If anyone else has any ideas they have, feel free to post them below. But please keep it civil.

Replies

• Webn8tr_
    3145 posts Member
    Absolutely brilliant
    Love it! (RPG player myself)
    + 1 Hue
    Fallout is my favorite so anything like that would make me happy.

Love the OT but we don't need it to be in that story (my opinion).
    Prequel era would be cool. Rebels era would be cool. Kotor era....

I would like the ability to make my own Jedi/Sith, not just some shooter.

Also hope we don't get another Rebel story.

I also think co-op would be cool but this could effect how much content we get. So not really a priority.

Character Customization and an Open world is Mandatory!
  • It has been revealed by a dev that Visceral's game will not be open-world; that was just an internet rumor. :(
  • Doppler817 wrote: »
    It has been revealed by a dev that Visceral's game will not be open-world; that was just an internet rumor. :(

The rumor, as I understand it, is that it was supposed to be an open-world Han Solo game, which has been debunked by Todd Stachwik(hope I got that right), co-writer of the Star Wars game from Visceral. He did not say that there would not be an open world Star Wars game, just that there would not be an open-world Han Solo game.

And this thread is really more about bouncing ideas off of each other of what we'd like to see in an open world Star Wars game, if one is ever made.
  • Webn8tr_ wrote: »
    Absolutely brilliant
    Love it! (RPG player myself)
    + 1 Hue
    Fallout is my favorite so anything like that would make me happy.

Love the OT but we don't need it to be in that story (my opinion).
    Prequel era would be cool. Rebels era would be cool. Kotor era....

I would like the ability to make my own Jedi/Sith, not just some shooter.

Also hope we don't get another Rebel story.

I also think co-op would be cool but this could effect how much content we get. So not really a priority.

Character Customization and an Open world is Mandatory!

I like the Rebels era. I was actually going to suggest that myself. It seems like the perfect compromise.

Making either a Jedi or a Sith would be nice, and that would be part of the customization actually. Or you could, through choices your character makes, have your character go either way, Light Side, Dark Side, or Neutral.
  • Doppler817 wrote: »
    It has been revealed by a dev that Visceral's game will not be open-world; that was just an internet rumor. :(

The rumor, as I understand it, is that it was supposed to be an open-world Han Solo game, which has been debunked by Todd Stachwik(hope I got that right), co-writer of the Star Wars game from Visceral. He did not say that there would not be an open world Star Wars game, just that there would not be an open-world Han Solo game.

And this thread is really more about bouncing ideas off of each other of what we'd like to see in an open world Star Wars game, if one is ever made.

Aah Ok thx for clarifying!