criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Too cheap to hire a writer?

himajin
36 posts Member
We rebels don't give up.
Don't let the Imperials get too far ahead.
Never give up.
You'll get them next time.
You're on your way to victory.
I'm proud of your effort.
Your training is really paying off.
We're lucky to have you on our side.

Totally ruins any immersion.

Replies

• ? wat ?
  • GRDNANGL172
    5513 posts Member
    *shakes head*.......
  • himajin
    36 posts Member
    The "encouragement" over the radio is an example of astonishingly amateurish writing.
  • GRDNANGL172
    5513 posts Member
    Well Star Wars had "I've got a really bad feeling about this". In every movie lol. Cheesy yes, but people love it.
  • Ezio
    974 posts Member
    Well Star Wars had "I've got a really bad feeling about this". In every movie lol. Cheesy yes, but people love it.

And don't forget the lovely Wilhelm scream. If you think this is amateurish, take a look at pretty much every Star Wars movie ever made. People give Anakin and his sand a bad time, but pretty much everything is cheesy. That's part of the charm.
  • himajin
    36 posts Member
    At least the movies had some good lines to balance it out. This is pure drivel.
  • Vindictum
    567 posts Member
    this is a bit of a stretch to complain about not so? Does anybody really expect and care about more from a game like this =| except you of course..

SW_Sig_zpsjlznlipn.png
  • Starmasui17324
    2793 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    himajin wrote: »
    We rebels don't give up.
    Never give up.

I wouldn't say it ruins the immersion. Personally I don't mind the encouragement, however I do sometimes (when not playing well) get annoyed by it. I wouldn't mind having an option in menus to be able to shut it off. This is especially true in Master difficulty where it is much harder.

That said though, nothing against the voice actors, they did great. :smile:

I do see what himajin is getting at though, even if I don't agree with everything he said. I think what he is basically trying to say is...he wants more then pep talk, he wants more of a military style interaction, with serious intensity. He doesn't want warm fuzzy patting on the back. As far as intensity goes...hopefully that will come in the form of a campaign soon. :smile:
    Post edited by Starmasui17324 on
  • Vindictum
    567 posts Member
    We rebels don't give up.
    Never give up.

I do see what himajin is getting at though, even if I don't agree with everything he said. I think what he is basically trying to say is...he wants more then pep talk, he wants more of a military style interaction, with serious intensity. He doesn't want warm fuzzy patting on the back. Afar as intensity goes...hopefully that will come in the form of a campaign soon. :smile:

I'm having a hard time imagining a more military style interaction. Can you give an example of one or two?

SW_Sig_zpsjlznlipn.png
  • Starmasui17324
    2793 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Vindictum wrote: »
    We rebels don't give up.
    Never give up.

I do see what himajin is getting at though, even if I don't agree with everything he said. I think what he is basically trying to say is...he wants more then pep talk, he wants more of a military style interaction, with serious intensity. He doesn't want warm fuzzy patting on the back. Afar as intensity goes...hopefully that will come in the form of a campaign soon. :smile:

I'm having a hard time imagining a more military style interaction. Can you give an example of one or two?

There are ways to spice it up a tad without just being pep talk. More hands on per say, a continued link during combat, (which could be shut off in menus to those who don't like it). You know sporadic situation reports begging for air support, complaining about the pod drops not being enough to protect a bug (I.E.-nothing but proximity bombs), when your facing 3 AT-STs. Reporting on heavy fire, being bogged down, this kind of thing. You know...intense real world reactions to combat, what happens in real warfare. :smile:
    Post edited by Starmasui17324 on
  • mastery0ta
    5748 posts Member
    Huehuehue everyday something new on here. Love it
  • Webn8tr_
    3145 posts Member
    Buff the encouragement HueHue
  • Strogg1980
    2559 posts Member
    This coming from a fan of campaigns.... who the hell plays SW battlefront for its writing and story? Even 2s campaign was mediocre at best
  • mastery0ta
    5748 posts Member
    I'd rather have a **** off general that says smart **** quips. Like a full metal jacket star wars.
  • I cant believe this is more important to you than stuff like bug fixes
    Seriously guys - huehuehuehue
    HueHueHueHue
  • Strogg1980 wrote: »
    This coming from a fan of campaigns.... who the hell plays SW battlefront for its writing and story? Even 2s campaign was mediocre at best
    True but Pandemics story atleast gave insite into what the Jango clones felt about Order 66.

I cant believe this is more important to you than stuff like bug fixes
    Seriously guys - huehuehuehue

Actually most of the major bugs are fixed now. So we're moving on to other, less hardline, little things.
  • zoodc
    1958 posts Member
    Angry person one: The bugs are making this game unplayable and it's lagging way too much!
    Angry person two: We need offline bots in this game to keep it alive! Online will get tiring if we don't!
    Angry person three: Admiral Ackbar is too encouraging!
  • Read your post I have.
  • Tattered29
    1025 posts Member
    zoodc wrote: »
    Angry person one: The bugs are making this game unplayable and it's lagging way too much!
    Angry person two: We need offline bots in this game to keep it alive! Online will get tiring if we don't!
    Angry person three: Admiral Ackbar is too encouraging!

Nail on the head right here!!