criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT - May 5th

Replies

• Sounds like an announcement for the 5833293644th petition to "save Battlefront" and "screw EA scum" and so on... laaaaame
  • LordByrney wrote: »
    On the 5th May I have a very important announcement to make regarding the importance of the Battlefront franchise. It will give the community a dedicated goal to work towards. You can look for this post around 6:00pm Thursday 5th May in the Maps and Modes section of the forums. That is all I am saying until Thursday. #StarWarsBattlefront

mmmmk ?
  • LordByrney
    298 posts Member
    JackPackage
    10:43PM
    Sounds like an announcement for the 5833293644th petition to "save Battlefront" and "screw EA scum" and so on... laaaaame

Nothing like that.
  • Vindictum
    567 posts Member
    Maybe he's a confident hacker and he's going to decimate the servers.... or make the game good.

SW_Sig_zpsjlznlipn.png
  • Paul131
    982 posts Member
    Platform?
    When I see somebody posting another useless theard
    tumblr_mqtcovhc8q1srwn65o9_250.gif

• Man, the teases. This better be good
    The force will be with you. Always.
  • Jaywal
    2856 posts Member
    LordByrney wrote: »
    JackPackage
    10:43PM
    Sounds like an announcement for the 5833293644th petition to "save Battlefront" and "screw EA scum" and so on... laaaaame

Nothing like that.

Is this for a forum community event?
    May the force be with you.
  • SAmulticore
    3326 posts Member
    Is he wearing a hat?
  • Paul131
    982 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Yeah I suggest a slight hint for people... Will it include Heroes, gamemode, what it is about. Dang you didn't even tell us platform :P

• Webn8tr_
    3145 posts Member
    Paul131 wrote: »
    Yeah I suggest a slight hint for people... Will it include Heroes, gamemode, what it is about. Dang you didn't even tell us platform :P

I would assume all platforms but I have no idea.
  • Paul131
    982 posts Member
    Webn8tr_ wrote: »

Well, I don't hate this theard nor anyone here, it's not the Jedi way. The thing is that I don't like when there's no information. Just announcement click bait pops up and nothing important to say. We don't even know what platform.

To make good imperssion you have to be open. Don't be 2nd EA

• Webn8tr_
    3145 posts Member

Well, I don't hate this theard nor anyone here, it's not the Jedi way. The thing is that I don't like when there's no information. Just announcement click bait pops up and nothing important to say. We don't even know what platform.

To make good imperssion you have to be open. Don't be 2nd EA

HueHueHueHue xD
    Some very valid points.
    Would love as much info as possible @LordByrney :p
  • If Jaywal doesn't know what this guy's doing, I'd imagine he has no connection to anything and is just lonely.
  • Jaywal
    2856 posts Member
    This is as far from official channels as it gets folks. So don't expect any new game features from this. If anything it's probably just a neat idea for a forum event.
  • PopoTateo
    4866 posts Member
    Ive not seen people this excited over nothing since i said i would strip at the new years eve party.
  • LordByrney
    298 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    It is not an event and it is nothing to do with platforms. It is something for the Battlefront community to get involved in. I would love to share more details but it would just give it right away. @HeatAdvisory knows what I'm talking about. ;-)
    Jaywal94
    11:31PM
    This is as far from official channels as it gets folks. So don't expect any new game features from this. If anything it's probably just a neat idea for a forum event.

It's not a forum event either. It is something much bigger than that.
  • PopoTateo
    4866 posts Member
    It is not an event and it is nothing to do with platforms. It is something for the Battlefront community to get involved in.

Yay, just what we wanted! Don't tell me................. A suggestions thread?
  • Piscettios wrote: »
    Finally, the REAL information the Star Wars fans of these forums have been CLAMORING for!

It's got electrolytes!
  • Webn8tr_
    3145 posts Member
    PopoTateo wrote: »
    Ive not seen people this excited over nothing since i said i would strip at the new years eve party.
    PopoTateo wrote: »
    It is not an event and it is nothing to do with platforms. It is something for the Battlefront community to get involved in.

Yay, just what we wanted! Don't tell me................. A suggestions thread?

HueHue xD
    Dog dam it Tateo
    I LoLd
  • jaksnack
    189 posts Member
    On the 5th May I have a very important announcement to make regarding the importance of the Battlefront franchise. It will give the community a dedicated goal to work towards. You can look for this post around 6:00pm Thursday 5th May in the Maps and Modes section of the forums. That is all I am saying until Thursday. #StarWarsBattlefront

But your not a mod last time I checked your just a member like all of us.
  • LordByrney wrote: »
    Okay for those that don't believe me @HeatAdvisory is working with me now I can say no more...

What happened with the offline free content? Are you working with that? lol
  • Webn8tr_
    3145 posts Member
    The hate on this thread is strong
  • making your own star wars game with offline and you want us to pitch in to support the development?
    "The force is strong with this one."
  • tommytom64
    1091 posts Member
    Even if op has something to say, he's just a troll seeking attention on the internet. Everyone is feeding the troll.
  • PopoTateo
    4866 posts Member
    The hate on this thread is strong

To be fair, the mind tricks in this thread are even stronger. After getting just 4,444 credits on star wars day. The last thing us single player wanters need is wind up material like this.
  • moondynemc
    1979 posts Member
    Okay, I've just booked in a day off with work for May 5th OP, told my Mum she'll have to get her own damned medicine and I'll be tying the missus up so she doesn't distract me. You better not be messing with us!
  • PopoTateo
    4866 posts Member
    moondynemc wrote: »
    Okay, I've just booked in a day off with work for May 5th OP, told my Mum she'll have to get her own damned medicine and I'll be tying the missus up so she doesn't distract me. You better not be messing with us!

You might want to start untying her now!
  • Webn8tr_
    3145 posts Member
    Yea I don't know if I'm gonna make it.
    @Smuggler007 just reminded me it's on
    Cinco De Mayo
    So I'll be drunk.
  • mastery0ta
    6575 posts Member
    Huehuehue. I have a bad feeling about this
  • stevenomes
    4701 posts Member
    It's a Trap!
  • Mitchel1
    258 posts Member
    "It will give the community a dedicated goal to work towards. You can look for this post around 6:00pm Thursday 5th May in the Maps and Modes section of the forums."
    Why would a dedicated goal be in the maps and mode section? Maybe he's trying to gather people for a community map/mode request?
  • Hey, Everybody, its Taco Tuesday!
    efa7fd5e2d9e50abdfbc3715204f4cfc.jpg
    Start the Cinco de Mayo celebration now. Grab a taco and wash it down with some Jawa Juice to get rid of that stuck feeling. You'll be glad you did.
    Alright... Alright... Alllrrright... B)
    XB1
  • PopoTateo
    4866 posts Member
    Mitchel1 wrote: »
    "It will give the community a dedicated goal to work towards. You can look for this post around 6:00pm Thursday 5th May in the Maps and Modes section of the forums."
    Why would a dedicated goal be in the maps and mode section? Maybe he's trying to gather people for a community map/mode request?

By god you're right. If only we knew asking for something in a thread was how we got things done. Someone should have tried doing that for offline bo.........................oh, wait!
  • Ezio
    974 posts Member
    I love how Jaywal is here just trying to tell everybody to calm down. It's like somebody told the little kids there'd be candy at a party but the mom has to settle them all down cuz all they got is brussel sprouts.
  • Remastering of SWBF2 for XBoxOne???
  • I love how efficient the moving of posts are on the forum. Really commendable attention to task on the Mods part. Bravo. Expedient, that.
  • Remember, remember the Fifth of...May?...oh, wait...that's not...sorry, nevermind...
  • Gothic_Mando
    1950 posts Member
    ...Ok so while im sure you guys have some interesting ideas and suggestions up your sleeves, this is really not the way to advertise them. These kind of 'announcement threads' by fans tend to just come off as stuck-up and possibly a bit demanding to both the community and the devs : / You guys need to hear what we have to say because its just that important. I know you guys have the best intentions : ) but do you really want to risk coming across this way? and remember; youre also choosing to represent everyone else in the SoloPlayersMatter group too, maybe some of us dont want the group to come across this way?

This is all meant in the nicest way possible, i like to think you guys have good intentions : )
    ITS HAPPENIIIING!!! ^^

Instant Action confirmed!!! ^^

#SoloPlayers

Check out our extensive, ongoing Co-op Playthrough /Discussion of Arcade / Instant Action mode on my YouTube too!^^

• Noahsalami
    240 posts Member
    stevenomes wrote: »
    It's a Trap!

Thanks
  • Could it be plans for the new Death Star?
  • Webn8tr_
    3145 posts Member
    Remember, remember the Fifth of...May?...oh, wait...that's not...sorry, nevermind...

Ummmm
    Revenge of the 5th?
  • Vindictum
    567 posts Member
    Gawd I can't take it anymore!

SW_Sig_zpsjlznlipn.png
  • Paul131
    982 posts Member
    Why is this off-topic?

• Vindictum
    567 posts Member
    Because it's a mystery topic

SW_Sig_zpsjlznlipn.png
  • Bjankins1
    490 posts Member
    Give us hunt so i can kill some jawas
  • Jaywal
    2856 posts Member
    Ezio wrote: »
    I love how Jaywal is here just trying to tell everybody to calm down. It's like somebody told the little kids there'd be candy at a party but the mom has to settle them all down cuz all they got is brussel sprouts.

Lol. The person that told there would be candy is one of the other lil kids.

Well I'll sit this one out and see what happens.

I'm entertained at least.
  • Ezio
    974 posts Member
    Jaywal94 wrote: »
    Ezio wrote: »

Lol. The person that told there would be candy is one of the other lil kids.

Well I'll sit this one out and see what happens.

I'm entertained at least.

Lol, exactly. And it's true, this has been quite the entertaining thread. Even though it's not anything official I'm still curious to see what's going to happen.
  • Webn8tr_
    3145 posts Member
    SooOOOoOoOoOooooOOoOoOoOOOOo?
  • Stalemate
    3600 posts Member
    4 hours to go!
  • LordByrney
    298 posts Member
    1+ 1/2 hours to go :-D
    Can't wait to show this to everyone. #StarWarsBattlefront