criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

Battlefield 1 Revealed!

Trooper8059
10199 posts Member
edited May 2016

Well, it's finally here, Battlefield 1. DICE has gone back to the past for this one, and personally I think this was a very wise choice, how about you?
PSN: Trooper8059
"Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
Post edited by Trooper8059 on

Replies

• Doppler817
    241 posts Member
    I am a huge World War fan. WWI basically caused a lot of modern problems! You need to know info about the war to get a better understanding of current events. I hope this game is filled with historical references! Hats off to DICE on this choice! the only other WWI (or involving WWI) games I know of are Verdun and Assassin's Creed: Syndicate. This choice really stands out in the FPS community! Looking forward to the "genesis" of modern warfare!
  • Webn8tr_
    3145 posts Member
    Holy mother of the force....
    This looks absolutely amazing!!!
    I can't wait...

HueHue this is a DICE game but what comes first?
    EA
    dice
    Frostbite

Hahahaha f you EA
  • Calling it now BF 1 will have tank, bi-plane, cannon, battleship, horse tokens across the trenches.
  • PopoTateo
    4866 posts Member
    Tobikun wrote: »
    I CALLED IT!!! WW1 WOOO!!

YOU called it?! lol, you and half the gaming population of the world.
  • dada_shift
    1730 posts Member
    Yeah...that looks pretty good
  • I'm excited for it for sure and glad they didn't go futuristic. Between this and the promise of Batallion 1944 there'll be some WW-era back out there
  • Tobikun wrote: »
    I'm excited for it for sure and glad they didn't go futuristic. Between this and the promise of Batallion 1944 there'll be some WW-era back out there

It's about time.

Absolutely!
  • gio0079
    563 posts Member
    I just pre-ordered it on PS. Can't wait!!
  • Webn8tr_
    3145 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    gio0079 wrote: »

Pre-ordering is bad
    Hue
  • gio0079
    563 posts Member
    Webn8tr_ wrote: »

Pre-ordering is bad
    Hue
    If I don't pre-order I won't be able to get the theme and won't be able to start playing 3 days earlier.
  • PopoTateo
    4866 posts Member
    Webn8tr_ wrote: »

Pre-ordering is bad
    Hue
    If I don't pre-order I won't be able to get the theme and won't be able to start playing 3 days earlier.

You also loose your right to complain if the game is buggy or not up to your expectations. You see how this works?
  • gio0079
    563 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Lose, not loose.

So if you buy after launch, you have the rights to complain? LMAO It's not your money, why you care?
  • Mackstan71
    97 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    I'm afraid they gonna buff and nerf this game to oblivion also...so nah..not another broken game for me. And asking 80 Euro for the pre-order game?..how dare you!
  • PopoTateo
    4866 posts Member
    Lose, not loose.

So if you buy after launch, you have the rights to complain? LMAO It's not your money, why you care?

I care because by pre ordering games even after the travesty of battlefield 4 at launch, and the content of battlefront, you send one message to developers and publishers. Make a good exciting looking trailor and the sheep will come running with their wallets open.
    You think the indusrty will get better? Think again.

P.S. It's "why DO you care" or "why SHOULD you care". NOT "why you care"!
  • Quizolio
    3221 posts Member
    Battlefield 1 looks amazing. I'm really impressed with how they've made it look. Of course, they won't be able to make it 100% accurate to history, but this is pretty darn good.

But, considering BF4's disaster of a launch, I will wait before picking this one up.
    "A thing called grammar needs a buff."
    - tankertoad
  • DOWNWARDZ
    1067 posts Member
    Bi-plane combat...oh yeah.
  • gio0079
    563 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Quizolio wrote: »
    Battlefield 1 looks amazing. I'm really impressed with how they've made it look. Of course, they won't be able to make it 100% accurate to history, but this is pretty darn good.

But, considering BF4's disaster of a launch, I will wait before picking this one up.
    If they were to make it 100% historically accurate, nobody would be able to fly the bi-planes. We would all crash and burn on takeoff
    PopoTateo wrote: »
    Lose, not loose.

I care because by pre ordering games even after the travesty of battlefield 4 at launch, and the content of battlefront, you send one message to developers and publishers. Make a good exciting looking trailor and the sheep will come running with their wallets open.

"Trailer" not "trailor"; 'industry", not "indusrty ".

So? Battlefield 1942 and Battlefield 2 all had terrible launches.
  • PopoTateo
    4866 posts Member
    edited May 2016

If they were to make it 100% historically accurate, nobody would be able to fly the bi-planes. We would all crash and burn on takeoff
    Lose, not loose.

What are you even running on about? Pre order the game, it doesn't mater to me. You are only hurting the game industry. I'm in my end days of gaming, so it will be the younger generation who suffer.
    If you support this release now patch later, season pass and microtransaction sales tactic then good for you.
  • Doppler817
    241 posts Member
    Lose, not loose.

+1
  • Doppler817
    241 posts Member

There were, idk, pilots? Ever heard of the Red Baron (He had a triplane!)? If every pilot crashed on takeoff, that would kind of make planes even more obsolete than they already were.

Also, as @Quizolio said, the game is just a game. No need for it to be 100% historically accurate. A majority of people only play shooters to have fun.
  • Doppler817
    241 posts Member

Lose, not loose.

What are you even running on about? Pre order the game, it doesn't mater to me. You are only hurting the game industry. I'm in my end days of gaming, so it will be the younger generation who suffer.
    If you support this release now patch later, season pass and microtransaction sales tactic then good for you.

Yeah, people complain about Season Pass, then buy it anyway, instead of boycotting it. It's easier to boycott stuff now. Make a big fuss online where people can see it, and you'll have more participants than the Tea Party. You have the web now, why not?
  • Quizolio
    3221 posts Member
    If they did make the game completely accurate to the actual war, it would be extremely difficult to play. Trench Warfare just cannot transfer into an FPS. People would get tired of assaulting dug in enemies constantly to no avail within hours of gameplay.

With that said, what we've seen so far looks not only fun, but interesting. Just today I researched some old documentaries on the war, and I'm legitimately excited to see how the game plays out.
    - tankertoad
  • Mord-Vi
    907 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    I actually got weird and giddy during the release trailer, there were 470,000 people in the twitch.tv/battlefield channel - the hype... is REAL.

Game is going to be amazing, and they've got DICE LA and DICE sweden working to ensure a perfect launch. I'm hesitant to pre-order, out of morals, but I know i'll give in due to the 3 day early access....

* I'm also excited about the alternate reality, over the top approach - Battlefield has never been a sim, and them moving toward fantastical almost steam punk tech/era/historical is imo a brilliant strategy to counter what was truly a brutal and ugly, unfun war.
    --i7-5960X OC @ 4.4 Ghz--G.SKILL DDR4 16GB--SLI EVGA ACX 2.0 FTW GTX970--
  • Mord-Vi
    907 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Speaking of which, gosh, is bf4 still popular or what?

Currently online players (Total: 162,165): BF4

(Total: 65,954) Battlefront

--i7-5960X OC @ 4.4 Ghz--G.SKILL DDR4 16GB--SLI EVGA ACX 2.0 FTW GTX970--
  • Ahsoka_Tano
    7341 posts Member
    Are there any clues if the game will have more release content than Battlefront or will it be again a season pass game?
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• PopoTateo
    4866 posts Member
    Are there any clues if the game will have more release content than Battlefront or will it be again a season pass game?

Even hannah montana the game had more content than battlefront. The publisher is EA...........of course it will have a season pass!!
  • Quizolio
    3221 posts Member

Nothing yet, but I imagine that the season pass will be revealed sometime soon. Preorders are already up, so I would like to think we'll be able to judge how much the season pass will influence the game based on its price.

I know on one of the editions there is early access to a map that will release. Whether or not it's free remains in question.
    - tankertoad
  • Trooper8059
    10199 posts Member

Based on the fact that it's EA, it most likely will have a Season Pass. Though, since DICE knows a bit more about photogrammetry now than they did when they started Battlefront, I think there should be more content.
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • Hyped as hyped can be. This is exactly the game I wanted, I told myself I was never going to pre-order another EA game, but after seeing it was ww1 actually, I pre-ordered as soon as it showed up on the PSN.
    I just farted.
  • PopoTateo
    4866 posts Member
    Hyped as hyped can be. This is exactly the game I wanted, I told myself I was never going to pre-order another EA game, but after seeing it was ww1 actually, I pre-ordered as soon as it showed up on the PSN.

I pre ordered battlefront as soon as i saw it was star wars. If the game is buggy and and glitchy at launch, how many more times will you go back on your own word? You do realise the trailor was "game engine footage" just like battlefront right?
  • Trooper8059
    10199 posts Member
    Hyped as hyped can be. This is exactly the game I wanted, I told myself I was never going to pre-order another EA game, but after seeing it was ww1 actually, I pre-ordered as soon as it showed up on the PSN.

I pre ordered battlefront as soon as i saw it was star wars. If the game is buggy and and glitchy at launch, how many more times will you go back on your own word? You do realise the trailor was "game engine footage" just like battlefront right?

Well, considering that they are using photogrammetry again, I think it's safe to say the graphics will most likely look very similar from now to release.
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif