criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

EA battlefront 2 announced

The company said that it will take place in bigger worlds and that it will include the new movies.
I like this! But I still don't know why they skip clone wars. Ok the films weren't great but that era is perfect for a video game!

Replies

• BlackgoliathJW
    901 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    "Battlefront 2 will incorporate material from the main Star Wars saga, including the new sequel trilogy, as well as the series of "anthology" movies that includes this year's Rogue One and the upcoming Han Solo spinoff."

http://www.gameplanet.co.nz/news/g5732824a97fd8/EA-to-release-annual-Star-Wars-games-starting-with-Battlefront-2/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=GPNZ+Newsletter+2016-05-11
  • Webn8tr_
    3145 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Battlefront 2 will incorporate material from the main Star Wars saga, including the new sequel trilogy, as well as the series of "anthology" movies that includes this year's Rogue One and the upcoming Han Solo spinoff.

What?!?!?!?!
    So another battlefront OT?!?!?!
    Battlefront 2 is the same ***** game???!?!?!??!?!?
  • Webn8tr_ wrote: »
    Battlefront 2 will incorporate material from the main Star Wars saga, including the new sequel trilogy, as well as the series of "anthology" movies that includes this year's Rogue One and the upcoming Han Solo spinoff.

What?!?!?!?!

Where are you getting this idea from? "Material from the main Star Wars Saga" can mean the original trilogy, prequel trilogy, or both - most likely the prequel trilogy. And on top of that it'll also include sequel trilogy and Anthology films. How is this a bad thing?
  • leftweet
    2216 posts Member
    Webn8tr_ wrote: »

What?!?!?!?!

If this is true, it's not a bad thing. The second Battlefront reused many of the same maps and assets as the first one. I would honestly be okay if the next EA Battlefront was essentially the same game with additional content (and offline MP!). I've really enjoyed a lot of the modes in this game and some of the maps are terrific. It would be a shame to see them go to waste in future editions. Regardless, I'm sure the next one will launch with more content than this one did...

That said, this is the first article I've seen mention that it'll include content from the OT, so I don't know how substantial that claim is. The only thing I've seen mentioned is the "new movies."
    I write things for The Star Wars Game Outpost
  • Webn8tr_
    3145 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Maybe I'm wrong
    But sounds like OT rogue one and solo movie all in one OT game. With some TFA.

Edit:
    That wasn't an actual quote from anyone special. So good chance I'm wrong
  • McAwesome
    237 posts Member
    it would be great if you could 'upgrade' this battlefront when battlefron 2 comes out. so you have 1 menu for battlefront 1 and 1 for battlefront 2
  • mastery0ta
    6570 posts Member
    No preorder and no season pass purchases until we know the content people. Let's not be fooled again.
  • Webn8tr_
    3145 posts Member
    mastery0ta wrote: »
    No preorder and no season pass purchases until we know the content people. Let's not be fooled again.

+ 1 million HueHueHueHues
  • mastery0ta wrote: »
    Well, season pass owners weren't exactly "fooled" as so far it's included everything it has advertised.

• briandt75
    5610 posts Member
    Looks like we're kinda out of luck with any further good stuff for this one. You know they're gonna save the actual good stuff for BF2.
    41st Forum Fury Battalion Member
  • leftweet
    2216 posts Member
    McAwesome wrote: »
    it would be great if you could 'upgrade' this battlefront when battlefron 2 comes out. so you have 1 menu for battlefront 1 and 1 for battlefront 2

I actually wouldn't mind if Battlefront was thought of as a continuous platform with large "expansions". Those expansions would then get their own season pass. Not sure how the nitty gritty would work, but it would be cool.

Still, I doubt that would happen. EA will release the second Battlefront as its own standalone game more than likely.
    I write things for The Star Wars Game Outpost
  • mastery0ta
    6570 posts Member
    mastery0ta wrote: »
    Well, season pass owners weren't exactly "fooled" as so far it's included everything it has advertised.

It's not hard to include everything, when no specifics were ever mentioned. They took the quick and easy path.
  • This kind of indirectly confirms that the 4th DLC will not be Rogue One
  • This kind of indirectly confirms that the 4th DLC will not be Rogue One

That's what I was thinking too.
  • mastery0ta
    6570 posts Member
    no rouge one! Some good news ! I still have a bad feeling about the series going forward though :s
  • Well, did we expect any less, we might get a few maps over the course of the year!, after 14 million sales for SWBF with very little content its no surprise that they Would do it again .I certainly do not expect SWBF2 to be filled with content, they already have a 4 year plan and with record sales! They will stick with it!.

But i will not prepay for any new game or season pass!
  • Vindictum
    567 posts Member
    The thing about this is that DLC 4 and their new game both come out in the same year. I don't know how I feel about that..

SW_Sig_zpsjlznlipn.png
  • shaundobson
    1899 posts Member
    So dissapointed there's no Clone Wars !

Yes it may not be official but scary news that it will be the new trilogy, which is so similar to the original trilogy in the first place ! Boring planets, factions, weapons etc
  • eckoro
    19 posts Member
    The sequel content I think will feel too similar to the original trilogy, as with most of the designs in Force Awakens they have just evolved them slightly. So people will complain the game isn't much different.

I thought a prequel game between the 2 would make much more sense by releasing the sequel content game with the last film when this era is complete. As we know how diverse all the prequel content is, it would help expand what has been built with this current game. The sequel game really only has Force Awakens to work from, so I feel this is going to be fall circle again and all the DLC's after the initial release will be Episode 8 and we will have a lacklustre game on launch. They need to make a really good impression with how much the next game will have to offer on the announcement, the same strategy won't work this time round as they need to bring the players back into the fold put off by the amount of content back into the game. Most of my friends are unaware of all the changes that have been made since to this current iteration.

Can't hate the game till I've played it, but I sure hope they get the right amount of content on release and I feel Force Awakens still isn't going to do that. We haven't really seen any large scale battles yet other than at the end of the film which was purely Fighter Squadron. We haven't seen any Resistance ground assaults. We haven't seen any vehicles.

I bought this Battlefront the day it came out and decided to wait in till 2 weeks ago to play it properly, glad I did, it's a really great game now.
  • Cikati
    877 posts Member
    Glad i stopped playing this game when they announced no new movie stuff. I wont be fooled again. I paid for this game to get in on the new movie hype, I will not buy a new game for that.

All this turned out to be was a hack filled beta.
  • eckoro
    19 posts Member
    Cikati wrote: »
    Glad i stopped playing this game when they announced no new movie stuff. I wont be fooled again. I paid for this game to get in on the new movie hype, I will not buy a new game for that.

All this turned out to be was a hack filled beta.

You should really try it out if you haven't played it for the past 3 months as they've added a lot of new content. I also found Outer Rim pretty worth it. They did say at the start this would only focus on Original Trilogy content. Rogue One wasn't announced in till recently of course as well.
  • Mcap
    873 posts Member
    Vindictum wrote: »
    The thing about this is that DLC 4 and their new game both come out in the same year. I don't know how I feel about that..

I can tell you how I feel about it, but not sure my acct can handle another warning.
  • Webn8tr_
    3145 posts Member
    Mcap wrote: »
    Vindictum wrote: »

I can tell you how I feel about it, but not sure my acct can handle another warning.

HueHueHue xD
    HahahahhahahahahahhaHueHue
    Smart
  • ThirdDegreePun
    1993 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Maybe DLC4 is Battlefront 2 :open_mouth::open_mouth: (Let me dream people)
  • Webn8tr_
    3145 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Maybe DLC4 is Battlefront 2 :open_mouth::open_mouth:

That would make to much sense and it would save us to much money.
    Hue
  • Webn8tr_ wrote: »

Hue

it would be such a nice gesture to everyone who got the season pass and stuck around for it. Redeeming even. Alas.
  • Webn8tr_
    3145 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Webn8tr_ wrote: »

Hue

it would be such a nice gesture to everyone who got the season pass and stuck around for it. Redeeming even. Alas.

It would definitely be a redemption
    Hue

But they would probably still charge 60$ plus another 50$ for season pass. Even if they do expansions with no disc.