criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

will you???

noscratch222
2099 posts Member
edited May 2016
Buy battlefront 2 if it launches without single player modes?

Or will you pre order blind ?or did you learn from this game ?

Will you buy the season pass? Or did you learn from this game?

Replies

• I think we all learned from this game.
  • Firebiro
    25 posts Member
    I, for one, am waiting to hear more about it. I don't mean to offend anyone but if it is clone wars related I will probably give it a miss. Though will player base in this game drop? I don't know, wait and see.
  • Firebiro wrote: »
    I, for one, am waiting to hear more about it. I don't mean to offend anyone but if it is clone wars related I will probably give it a miss. Though will player base in this game drop? I don't know, wait and see.

While the clone wars didn't make great movies....
    they make for a great video game. If I were you I would give it some attention if it has clones and droids in it.
  • If its:

1) new trilogy exclusive
    2) has no campaign
    3) they don't fix and drop a BUNCH of amazing stuff in this one

I ain't going anywhere near it.
  • shaundobson
    1899 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Like people have mentioned above, alot of people have learned from their mistakes regarding this game.

I will pre order if EA/Dice confidently confirm meaningful singleplayer modes and Clone Wars, however I am sceptical.

If none of these 2 happen then I have no excitement whatsoever.
  • Firebiro
    25 posts Member
    Oh if its just me jumping about a WA map then I would probably bite the bullet ha ha, ah I don't really have anything against the clone wars in general, hate the characters (bar Obi Wan) but don't mind clones vs droids. If I'm honest with myself and you guys, you will probably see me somewhere on it :P Guess I'm just caught up in Galactic civil war limbo.
  • I learned my lesson. Research; if no SP/Co-op, I'm okay with that (I get year ps4 subscriptions) but depending on what the respawn and visceral games are, maybe not getting Battlefront 2
    "There is emotion, yet peace, Ignorance yet knowledge, Passion yet Serenity, Chaos yet Harmony, Death yet the Force"
  • I'm going to preorder it the moment I can just to spite you
  • I didn't buy bf1 season pass but i enjoy it's multiplayer if bf2 is as fun as bf1 i'll buy it to.
  • This was the first game I bought that was reliant on other players being available to get the game going. I spent way more time sitting in lobbies than playing. So, no bots, no buy.

I had pre ordered many games prior to this one. This game cured me of that. I haven't pre ordered a game since.

I still haven't bought the season pass, or DLC. I tried Outer Rim today and thought it was not worth a purchase. I may buy when it is discounted.
  • grrlpurple
    1074 posts Member
    I didn't preorder blind with the current game and don't care for single player but I wouldn't take a blind leap of faith with the season pass ever again!
  • SAmulticore
    3326 posts Member
    I'm hoping for a full expansion, I'd even pay full release price. The graphics and engine here are ahead of their time, bolting on prequel/sequel content would solve my own main personal criticism of BF1, there just isn't enough of it.

If they're worried about people not buying a new release that requires a previous purchase just bundle BF1 with it.
  • Buy battlefront 2 if it launches without single player modes?

Ill buy it if it launches without single player because i dont like the singleplayer in battlefront games. I will probably pre order because i liked this game alot. I will not buy the season pass until I know whats in it however
  • Tattered29
    1025 posts Member
    I never play campaigns so i could care less about aingle player i like to kill people over ai
  • I will not preorder. I mean, the 4th DLC will just have dropped in "Early 2017" so I will hopefully still be playing this one. If there is anyone still left, that is.

I love this game, and last night I actually was able to play 2 hours w/o any lag and glitches! It was magical.
  • Mcap
    873 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    There is zero chance I will pre-order anything, base game or season pass. If there's no single player option beyond what we have now, no way I'm purchasing the game at all. If there is an enhanced single player mode or campaign, I'll still wait to purchase until the game is out and have people tried it and reviewed it. If there's a Beta test like last time, I'll try it myself. Either way I will not purchase it prior to launch, and only when it's confirmed it's working properly. I will not be purchasing a season pass at all. If anything perhaps individual DLC if they sound interesting. All in all though prospects of purchasing the sequel are not good. This game left a very bad taste in my mouth.

• mastery0ta
    6575 posts Member
    Nah. No preorder here. I like to be taken to dinner before I get screwed. Thanks EA huehue
  • Piscettios
    6148 posts Member
    I could care less about single player content and wouldn't mind if there was none at all next round. I will be extremely hesitant in buying it if its newest trilogy only.

I agree with @SAmulticore a full expansion would be the best route and fully support the idea!
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • leftweet
    2216 posts Member
    It needs to have all multiplayer modes available offline against bots for me to consider purchasing it. I don't really have a preference on the era. Season pass, I'll wait to buy, but I've been pretty happy with the one for this game so far...
    I write things for The Star Wars Game Outpost
  • Yeah they should make a full expansion for this game / agree
  • Beaver
    1735 posts Member
    Yes, Yes, and Yes! I could care less about offline bots, although a small campaign would be nice to play on a rainy day.
  • I agree leftweet. Overall I'm enjoying the season pass. There are things here and there that are extremely frustrating but overall not bad. I really hope galactic conquest cones with it. Thats why I loved battlefront 1, 2 the handhelds, and empire at war
    "There is emotion, yet peace, Ignorance yet knowledge, Passion yet Serenity, Chaos yet Harmony, Death yet the Force"
  • I couldn't care less about a campaign/single player/bots. I just don't find it as exhilarating as going against the creativity of another human. What I want/expect is a polished game. Like, at release.

• Anoh
    8381 posts Member
    I think we all learned from this game.

Solid truth!
    Editor/Cinematographer - Anoh is pronounced: AhNo.
  • WodiQuix
    4587 posts Member
    Like many people above me, I will probably purchase BF2 but hold off on the season pass. I completely agree with the statement made by @SAmulticore
  • I love this game, warts and all. I really like the idea of a full expansion pack rather than a brand new game. I'll follow the herd and get it regardless of anything as well as any season passes. It's the only non sports game I've played in the last ten years and it's mostly because of Star Wars.
  • if it isnt like BF1 and BF2 - sp modes and mp, then im not in.
  • Seems most have learned ea is not here to make life long customers just money grab im proud of you guys :)
  • Beaver
    1735 posts Member
    tuna_sushi wrote: »
    if it isnt like BF1 and BF2 - sp modes and mp, then im not in.

They already said that their not going to remake the old BF1 or BF2. So basically its a sure thing...your not in.
  • Wetpaw
    8 posts Member
    It will depend on what the game looks like.

Buying a season's pass? Sure, right after I pay a company to beta test for them. I really don't understand this marketing concept of "hey loan us $60 on top of the initial game price for little to no details on your return".

If I like the way the content looks I will pay the $15 for a dlc. Loaning EA $60 for four little known, except title, "content" releases over a year is just foolish. What is the perk to a season pass anyhow? save $10...

1. Probably, but I'd be a little bummed if we don't have offline options again.
    2. I never preorder blind, so there's nothing to learn. I bought this game on Boxing Day but the next one I'd likely buy at launch as long as I'm happy with what I see beforehand.
    3. I bought the season pass after seeing the outer rim in action. I won't buy a season pass until I see what's coming first and I'm satisfied with it.
  • brleed
    67 posts Member
    If that's the case, set sails

pirate-ship-wall-art-sticker-28.jpg
  • DarthBlue
    209 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    If I buy the BF 2, will be a used copy. I will not give a dollar again to EA/DICE
  • iWattt
    62 posts Member
    Yep. Had no interest in single player for this game
  • shaundobson
    1899 posts Member
    Beaver wrote: »

They already said that their not going to remake the old BF1 or BF2. So basically its a sure thing...your not in.

Why not ?

They've showed us their version of battlefront and it's worse than the originals.

So perhaps time to admit the truth and go back to the franchises roots ?
  • The only game I ever pre ordered was gran turismo 5, I learned my lesson to not pre order after that pos came out.

Bought the season pass after outer rim came out because I'd had so much fun with the base game.

Now EA has announced battlefront 2, and DLC 2 hasn't even been released for this game!

The way the rest of this game pans out will ultimately decide whether I get BF2.
    If DLC 2,3 and 4 turn out to be epic, well I'll be interested in BF2. If the rest of the DLC are half hearted and just scraped off the bottom of the barrel, well then that will put me off.
  • Beaver
    1735 posts Member
    This is a totally different franchise. The old pandemic battlefront franchise is long gone, never to return. The only thing the new franchise and old franchise share is a name, and it was never intended to share anything more. there are no roots to go back to, this Battlefront is the first in this franchise. I know you guys who played and loved the old game want nothing more then the old Battlefront game re mastered, but I don't think it will ever happen. I could be wrong, EA just announced another studio working on another Star Wars game....Who knows.
    Beaver wrote: »

Why not ?

They've showed us their version of battlefront and it's worse than the originals.

So perhaps time to admit the truth and go back to the franchises roots ?

• SAmulticore
    3326 posts Member
    I think the bulk of what we paid for was some insanely detailed level building, the photogrammetry, the sound design, the whole thing looks and sounds absolutely incredible, it just means they released it with four maps.

As an engine, as a tech demo it's fantastic, I'd just hate to see it all abandoned for BF2 when it could be integrated into a much bigger experience within this framework.
  • Ahsoka_Tano
    7341 posts Member

Yes, I would buy it without a single player, but it depends on the remaining content. If it's like this game, I won't.
    No, never trust EA.
    No, never trust EA or buy a product for the price of two games without knowing what I bought...
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• Beaver
    1735 posts Member
    I think the bulk of what we paid for was some insanely detailed level building, the photogrammetry, the sound design, the whole thing looks and sounds absolutely incredible, it just means they released it with four maps.

As an engine, as a tech demo it's fantastic, I'd just hate to see it all abandoned for BF2 when it could be integrated into a much bigger experience within this framework.

And I would imagine it will be. This title was a learning experience for making games using photogrammetry and physical based rendering, this game is just a foundation for what lie ahead.

Yes, I would buy it without a single player, but it depends on the remaining content. If it's like this game, I won't.
    No, never trust EA.
    No, never trust EA or buy a product for the price of two games without knowing what I bought...

I like his don't trust ea thing lol
  • Strogg1980
    2584 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    No single player no buy. Idk why ppl would buy a game with no offline content anyways. Idk how some of you say sp does not matter? you guys never go back to a game you like and play it again? I mean evn tho o played mp for thisgame doesnt it feel to you like a was of 100 bucks to play a game and after 2 and a half years you can ever use it again? I mean isnt that a waste?
    Not trying to start a problem just curious because me and my non matrix world friends never get something that can only be used so so long as a server is up (usually, not counting mmos).Maybe we are just of a older breed idk..
  • peck71
    160 posts Member
    I will only buy the new game, if Dice gets instant action for all game modes working for this game. I can't play 90% of my game i bought unless i have internet, and there are people playing the game mode and map i want. So why buy another game when i can't even enjoy this one? Because the next one will have instant action,a server browser, voice chat, all the things people griped about will be in the new game for the next cash grab.
  • FreeContentNowPls
    1306 posts Member
    edited May 2016

1) No
    2) No
    3) No

I've learned from this game. I will not buy the game at all if it lacks offline multiplayer with bots, has only one era, is 20 v 20, doesn't have a server browser, doesn't have space battles or an overhauled fighter squadron and/or has 2/4th of the games content at launch while the other half is season pass exclusive and held back content under the guise of "free content".

Somethings are excusable but everything I've named is now a requirement for the next one if they expect to get a purchase out of me. I settled for this Battlefront and was horribly disappointed with the lack of content and support for the game. I won't make the same mistake twice.
  • noscratch222
    2099 posts Member
    edited May 2016

1) No
    2) No
    3) No

I've learned from this game. I will not buy the game at all if it lacks offline multiplayer with bots, has only one era, is 20 v 20, doesn't have a server browser, doesn't have space battles or an overhauled fighter squadron and/or has 2/4th of the games content at launch while the other half is season pass exclusive and held back content under the guise of "free content".

Somethings are excusable but everything I've named is now a requirement for the next one if they expect to get a purchase out of me. I settled for this Battlefront and was horribly disappointed with the lack of content and support for the game. I won't make the same mistake twice.

Amen to that