criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Does anyone use the Bowcaster anymore?

I couldn't tell you the last time I was killed by it. I missed out on the jump casting days because I wasn't ranked high enough at the time to unlock it. I have 0 kills with it,but would like to get some just for when I'm looking at my companion app stats. lol

Is it a OHK from close range?

On another note I have always been a pulse cannon man,but now I'm really into the cycle rifle. OHK from close range and I'm getting better at medium distances. Even if it doesn't kill them in one shot it stuns them and you just finish them off quickly with a blaster

Replies

• Anoh
    8380 posts Member
    I do! In HvV, I love it.
    Editor/Cinematographer - Anoh is pronounced: AhNo.
  • irishtim7
    706 posts Member
    I unlocked it the day they nerfed it. I was like, "what's all the fuss about? This thing sucks." Then I read the patch notes. Haven't used it since. I have been killed by it only one time since the nerf.
    I find your lack of Guinness disturbing
  • Assassino37
    1104 posts Member
    I haven't used it since they buffed it and have only seen/been killed by it once in a long time also. Been meaning to try it out again but I just love the cycler and thermal detonator loadout too much now.
    Valid Token Confirmed.

fyq20437essy.png
  • DarkFlood
    582 posts Member
    I see it every other week or so. If fully charged and a solid hit is made It's a OHk. Should be stronger like before it's demise, the problem was it being mixed with the bounty hunter trait proved extremely effective. I can get multiple kills with the scatter so why not the bowcaster.
  • bhalienux
    838 posts Member
    I think I've only been killed by it once. I've never tried using it, but I did have a teammate in Droid Run last night who was using it (he kept stealing my kills with it after I had whittled the enemy player down to about 10% health).
  • it takes skill to use now, but it can be deadly close range. im failing badly when i try pulse cannon, so i may try it, but i have scattergun unlocked and i prefer that. but on sullust blast a few of my side were slaughtered by someone using this and following up with his gun. so yes its still used and still a threat.
    invalid brain token
  • tts42572
    1024 posts Member
    I don't see this very often...I think I remember one person using it last weekend in one match and that's the first time I had seen it in quite some time.

That's way more than I see homing shot though :) I never see anybody using that.
  • handcuff
    923 posts Member
    Anoh wrote: »
    I do! In HvV, I love it.

Yes it can be pretty useful at times in HvV. That is the only mode I really use it anymore, depending on the map of course.
  • JoshDamage
    1429 posts Member
    I have a hand dedicated to jumpcasting. I'm not good using it with the jump pack but I'm learning. I have a few kills with it. I have learned the best use for it is in in extraction. You let off a bowcaster shot, the enemy takes a step back and thinks twice. It's awesome for giving yourself some space.
  • Blazur
    4468 posts Member
    Yes, on occasion. It's still great but no longer feels OP. It's often a go-to weapon while playing on Endor.
    The greatest teacher, failure is.
  • Joonlar
    1154 posts Member
    Yes, playing Blast/Drop Zone on Sullust with a Jumpcaster loadout is a recipe for funsies. People can't escape the rain! :D

But it's mostly a niche loadout for me these days because it only excels is specifics situations. I roll with the Bacta Bomb now.

• Sb2432
    2605 posts Member
    No, it's useless, pulse cannon , barrage, thermal detonator, cycler all do its job beTter and charge recharge faster, useless weapon.
  • I come back to it from time to time. It's still a good ohk when paired with the jump pack. I personally think it needs a little bit more splash damage like in the old times.

Overall it can viable in some situations. It's not always in my layout but I go back to it when I want to try out new hands
  • NachoFoot
    262 posts Member
    DarkFlood wrote: »
    I see it every other week or so. If fully charged and a solid hit is made It's a OHk. Should be stronger like before it's demise, the problem was it being mixed with the bounty hunter trait proved extremely effective. I can get multiple kills with the scatter so why not the bowcaster.

The Pay2Win Scattergun is better close range.
  • Oreo
    736 posts Member
    I used it the other day on HvsV it worked good only at close range. I think I only have like 30 kills with it. It auto fires so quick now
  • briandt75
    5610 posts Member
    I use it now and then. Definitely needs a splash damage buff.
    41st Forum Fury Battalion Member
  • swaza79
    778 posts Member
    I've never bothered unlocking it haha

Saw someone fire it off right at the start of a WA on tatoone the other day. There were several green flashes in response. Only time I've seen it in months.
  • I've seen very few people use it and have only gotten killed by it once since its nerf. I feel the nerf was unnecessary on consoles as jump casters were never a big issue there. (I got killed by jump casters maybe 2 or 3 times) Now the bowcaster is just not worth using when compared to other star cards. That and the homing shot I find useless since their nerfs.
  • Fligo11
    55 posts Member
    I use it all the time, but only to shoot myself in the foot to gain that berserker bonus for 1 shot kills with the DLT-19X. Its a pretty good combo ive gone one game on supremacy 53-8.
  • iWattt
    62 posts Member
    Never used it before. Might try it soon
  • K9K9K9
    327 posts Member
    I don't use it there's so many better things to run.
  • I literally have 1 kill with it. And it took me about 30 mins to get that one kill. So no, I don't use it.
    "I'm Luke Skywalker. I'm here to rescue you!"
  • I literally have 1 kill with it. And it took me about 30 mins to get that one kill. So no, I don't use it.

Hahaha! We are tied. I have exactly 1 kill with it as well. I can't seem to get over the fact that they just made it a horizontal spread weapon for the video games. At no time does Chewie ever fire his bowcaster in a horizontal spread in the movies. It should be a single shot, very powerful, explosive weapon.

But, I don't really mind it being the way it is in the video games too much. I understand that they did it to make it unique, and set it apart from the other weapons, which is good. I just don't use it. It doesn't really fit my play style anyways.
  • tommytom64
    1076 posts Member
    Bowcaster and the homing shot are useless star cards at this point. Barrage is pretty good now, can't speak about the impact grenade since I haven't used it in a while in favor of the thermal detonator.
  • tommytom64 wrote: »
    Bowcaster and the homing shot are useless star cards at this point. Barrage is pretty good now, can't speak about the impact grenade since I haven't used it in a while in favor of the thermal detonator.
    yeah barrage is another one I have 0 kills with I need to play around with

• I have gotten killed by it only around 10 times in my total 400 hrs of playing this game.
  • tankertoad
    5921 posts Member
    No. Not on ps..
    41st.org Founder "Where the Game is Winnable."

are-you-threatening-me-gif.gif
  • So I tried it out... Got two kills with it on a game of WA Judland Wastelands. Very close range on the last set of uplinks. I bet those players were like WHAT!? lol Got one kill with barrage. Tried on HvV,but no luck. At least they are on the stats board now, but I can't see using much when I have PC and Cycler
  • I always use the bowcaster. I'm particularly good with it. I've clocked in over 2,500 kills... And it always 1 shot kills if you charge it to 5. You got to make sure you hit close enough to the enemies feet, because it is indeed not as good as it once was. Really glad they mostly brought it back! So yes some people use it
  • It should fire one bolt like in the new movie.This whole spray bolts thing is weird .Make the gun like when han kept robbing it off chewie and saying this gun is kewl bro
  • I always use the bowcaster. I'm particularly good with it. I've clocked in over 2,500 kills... And it always 1 shot kills if you charge it to 5. You got to make sure you hit close enough to the enemies feet, because it is indeed not as good as it once was. Really glad they mostly brought it back! So yes some people use it
    you are shooting people in the feet?Headshots kill faster?

• I do, usually in close quarter maps, or heroes vs villains. jumpcasting is still a thing of the past.

the real question is.....does anyone use the homing shot anymore? cause my answer is no. never thought it needed a nerf, now completely useless (coming from a guy who only use it when he was a shock bodyguard). I hate useless items.
  • ToKyo_PewPew
    42 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Using bowcaster every day. It's still the star card that grants me the most fun and the most kills. It's far from being useless, and those who argue the converse would propably also equip ion torpedo when playing blast. It's not the star card you want to enter a WA match with and obviously not made for indoor maps, now that it is not as powerful as it was in the past. Other than that, you just need to be aware when to use it and when it is better not to do so. Once you are capable of that, it becomes and easy way to rack up kills and deal with people ... even with those who have better aim and would outgun you in direct firefights.

It also does not need any further buffs ... there are things in the game that are way more useless.