criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar

A choice of targets...

Quarktard
523 posts Member
If I have a range of enemies in front of me, this is the order of preference for who I would attack, all other things being equal:
1. Hero characters
2. Hero character bodyguards
3. Stormtroopers without helmets
4. Stormtroopers WITH helmets, but with pathetic unimaginative names like "Gamer_3554281_UK" or "tommmmm"
5. My teammates

So what do other people do? Who do you aim for?

Replies

• MadVlad
    432 posts Member
    I aim for the baddies
  • Versatti
    2194 posts Member
    I enjoy killing the top player if I can. Though often they're that for a good reason! :#
  • bhalienux
    838 posts Member
    Whoever is in my sights and has red floating above their head.
  • Prep768
    2248 posts Member
    The guy who kills me first gets to play a game where he is the only player on the other team - I call it the "***** not him again!?" Game.
    PSN Prep768
    Yes @PrepJnr - I am your father, NOW DO YOUR HOMEWORK!!!
  • Jaywal
    2856 posts Member
    1)Enemies starting/deactivating/carrying the Objective
    2) Hero Characters
    3) anyone I come across on my way to the objective or defending objective.
    May the force be with you.
  • Vindictum
    567 posts Member
    Quarktard wrote: »
    If I have a range of enemies in front of me, this is the order of preference for who I would attack, all other things being equal:
    1. Hero characters
    2. Hero character bodyguards
    3. Stormtroopers without helmets
    4. Stormtroopers WITH helmets, but with pathetic unimaginative names like "Gamer_3554281_UK" or "tommmmm"
    5. My teammates

like with a lot of other games, kill the adds first. In other words, kill off the small fry and concentrate on the boss afterward sooo, Stormies > Bodyguards > heroes for me

SW_Sig_zpsjlznlipn.png
  • Talented_Thumbs
    477 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    The previous titles had an aiming system, but the developers forgot almost everything about this franchise and just made it shiny and loud.

You know, a functioning ***** paradise.
  • Sbroffage
    740 posts Member
    1) Enemy vehicles, expecially those which are spawn killing, even if it costs me 10 deaths.
    2) Enemies that try to disable/enable uplinks or are damaging our AT-AT.
    3) Enemy heroes
    4) Heroes' bodyguards
    5) Twileks and helmetless stormtroopers.
    6) Everyone else.
  • Quarktard wrote: »

fTTBLia.gif?noredirect
  • Quarktard wrote: »

fTTBLia.gif?noredirect

:lol: well said, was thinking the exact same thing! :)
  • WodiQuix
    4572 posts Member
    Whichever poor Imperial/Rebel soldier I see at the receiving end of my blaster. Haha. But normally, I target shadow troopers/alien rebels first.
  • Quarktard
    523 posts Member
    I think some of you are missing the point of the question, i.e. in an imaginary scenario with all of the types in front of you ready to be shot. Of course in real life, you don't usually encounter that. Yes, if we're running down a corridor and Boba Fett steps out, then we shoot Boba Fett. I'm not stupid.
  • I try to shoot them in the order that's best for taking them all down. What I mean by that is, if there's someone I can kill in a group without the rest knowing, I'll kill that guy first, then the next guy, etc. For instance, if I walk into a room with three guys facing right, I'll kill the guy furthest back from the direction they're looking. Why? Because the guys in front can't see someone getting shot behind them.
  • I try to shoot them in the order that's best for taking them all down. What I mean by that is, if there's someone I can kill in a group without the rest knowing, I'll kill that guy first, then the next guy, etc. For instance, if I walk into a room with three guys facing right, I'll kill the guy furthest back from the direction they're looking. Why? Because the guys in front can't see someone getting shot behind them.

Lol. This ^

Sadly, it took me a few instances of popping the first guy in line before I had the lightbulb moment.

Lol. This ^

Sadly, it took me a few instances of popping the first guy in line before I had the lightbulb moment.

Lol yeah. I think the natural reaction that people have is to shoot the guy closest to you (because they are the easiest to hit), or the guy closest to the crosshairs (because they are the quickest to target). It can take a while for some to break the habit.