criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission
No Match for a Good Blaster

Those pesky survival missions ....sheesh!!

Prev1
Yodasdog
140 posts Member
WE all hate em but hey , we gotta do em ! I have perfected TAT, ENDOR, HOTH and SULLEST.
add me at Atosp_2-1 lets do em and knock em out :D

Replies

• Zephkiel
    1790 posts Member
    Have you had a chance to try the missions yet?
  • JayZack
    122 posts Member
    NO, you dont have to do it. Why play something that offers little reward and minimal content?
  • MadVlad
    432 posts Member
    JayZack wrote: »
    NO, you dont have to do it. Why play something that offers little reward and minimal content?

My dog thinks like that,won't do anything unless he thinks he'll get something at the end of it.dogs are not that smart really
  • CallMeDeee
    1663 posts Member
    MadVlad wrote: »

My dog thinks like that,won't do anything unless he thinks he'll get something at the end of it.dogs are not that smart really

Burn....
  • Yodasdog wrote: »
    WE all hate em but hey , we gotta do em ! I have perfected TAT, ENDOR, HOTH and SULLEST.

you may wanna include your platform so people know if its relevant to them :tongue:
  • Jaywal
    2856 posts Member
    I love survival. Beat em all, and whenever I'm having a bad online day, I wreck some AI. Also a good way to test out other loadouts and Blasters.
    May the force be with you.
  • shaundobson
    1899 posts Member
    Jaywal94 wrote: »
    I love survival. Beat em all, and whenever I'm having a bad online day, I wreck some AI. Also a good way to test out other loadouts and Blasters.

Well I play them because it's as good as a terrible offline offering can be right now.
  • ^^^^^
  • CallMeDeee
    1663 posts Member
    edited May 2016

I have no clue how to beat Sullust....I always get trashed no matter how hard I try. The others I'm good at but 3 ties and atst coming at me...blah....

Your so exposed on that tiny map.
  • Sletchy
    126 posts Member
    I like finding places to make a stand. There's cave on tatooine I've been trying to fortify. Sometimes I'll try to defend the AT-AT in Endor.

It's easy to beat survival mode, it's fun to create a scenario and try to hold out.
  • JayZack
    122 posts Member
    CallMeDeee wrote: »
    MadVlad wrote: »

Burn....

Ummm... ok... Burn? I guess
  • I've managed to do all 6 of the Survival Missions on Master Difficulty in less than 35 minutes each.
    There ought to be a trophy for that.
  • CallMeDeee wrote: »

I have no clue how to beat Sullust....I always get trashed no matter how hard I try. The others I'm good at but 3 ties and atst coming at me...blah....

Hide behind the crates. I've improved upon this method since I made these videos, but this will show one way to complete it.

• CallMeDeee
    1663 posts Member
    Ryanoceros wrote: »

Hide behind the crates. I've improved upon this method since I made these videos, but this will show one way to complete it.

Ha...was that you who made those? I Googled them right after I posted this and saw the crate suggestion.

I'll give it a try next time I get behind my controller. Work and life have been keep8ng me away and it sucks!!
  • CallMeDeee wrote: »

Ha...was that you who made those? I Googled them right after I posted this and saw the crate suggestion.

I'll give it a try next time I get behind my controller. Work and life have been keep8ng me away and it sucks!!

Yep that's me. :) If I get around to it I'll make a new set to show the new and improved method. Similar method but a bit quicker to complete. I shaved about 15 minutes off my time since I made these videos.
  • CallMeDeee
    1663 posts Member

Yep that's me. :) If I get around to it I'll make a new set to show the new and improved method. Similar method but a bit quicker to complete. I shaved about 15 minutes off my time since I made these videos.

Nice vid m8 and ty for making it. I look forward to the new one.
  • Tattered29
    1025 posts Member
    I've managed to do all 6 of the Survival Missions on Master Difficulty in less than 35 minutes each.

Thats freekin impressive!! (Not joking /sarcasm, these things are hard especially doing it quickly)
  • Tattered29 wrote: »
    I've managed to do all 6 of the Survival Missions on Master Difficulty in less than 35 minutes each.

Thats freekin impressive!! (Not joking /sarcasm, these things are hard especially doing it quickly)

Thanks. It was indeed a real challenge. For a long while I thought it would be impossible to do on Sullust, and also on Tatooine. But I tweaked my method until I shaved enough time off my previous record times.
    If I get some time i will make a video for each, once again, to show how to do it for each map.
  • o0oB3AST_MOD3o0o
    19 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Please show me how to do Sullust! I continuously fail because my turbolasers keep blowing up.
  • I had no trouble with Sullust because it's possible to get away from the walkers... but Endor? I am unable to complete it even on the easiest setting.
  • Quarktard wrote: »
    I had no trouble with Sullust because it's possible to get away from the walkers... but Endor? I am unable to complete it even on the easiest setting.

Endor is the only one I've beat so far actually. It seemed easy
  • Please show me how to do Sullust! I continuously fail because my turbolasers keep blowing up.

I posted the video above for Sullust. I'll have to make the revised version to show how to do it in under 35 minutes when I get some time. But the 4 videos above will at least show how to do it, just to get the Master difficulty star. About the turbo lasers though, keep an eye on the lasers health. When it gets low, jump out and duck behind the crates. Also, shoot the turbo laser yourself, blow it up, and it will regenerate so that it will be at full health on the next wave.
    Anyway, I'll post the video for <35 minutes when I get some time to make one. I'll post it in this thread.
    I had no trouble with Sullust because it's possible to get away from the walkers... but Endor? I am unable to complete it even on the easiest setting.

I'll do a video for Endor too. It's actually pretty easy when you have the right strategy. Just keep an eye open for this thread. I'll post the video here.

This video really helped me out.

Official member of The Second Hand Club™

Proceed with the countdown!

giphy.gif
  • I had to go to hiding spots to beat the survival missions on master.
    Endor - hidden Ewok platform
    Hoth - the room the imps won't enter completely
    Tat - Little rock overhanging the cannon
    Sullest - Little nook along the boundary on the middle left side of the map
  • Quarktard
    523 posts Member
    That Endor video was really helpful, thanks! One thing puzzles me though - at the start it gives you the option of using your multiplayer hand - I don't get that! Only the two mission specific loadouts.
    That Endor video was really helpful, thanks! One thing puzzles me though - at the start it gives you the option of using your multiplayer hand - I don't get that! Only the two mission specific loadouts.

Once you complete the mission on Hard you get the option of using your own multiplayer hand for Master Difficulty.
  • JackTHorn
    3657 posts Member
    Quarktard wrote: »
    You get to use your multi-player hand when you beat the map on hard.
  • JackTHorn
    3657 posts Member
    Yodasdog wrote: »
    PS4?
  • I posted some of my videos in this thread a couple months ago. I'll make new ones today/tomorrow when I get some time, if you are interested in doing them in less than 35 minutes. But these will show how to complete them albeit a little more than 35 minutes. The first video is missing, but I posted another for Sullust at the end of the thread.
    starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront/forums/discussion/31933/need-an-expert-survival-player-to-help-me-with-beating-the-missions/p1
  • JackTHorn wrote: »
    Yodasdog wrote: »
    PS4?

Yeah, Atosp_2-1 is on PS4. He's on my friends list.
  • JackTHorn
    3657 posts Member
    [

You're so exposed on that tiny map.
    Sullust is tough, with the TIEs. I found it best to book for the hangar at the end of the 2nd, 5th, 8th (etc) waves, because you know the ties are coming. Get rid of the infantry and any AT-STs, then go take care of the TIEs. And keep in mind, you can use your blaster to take the TIEs out.

For master, though, I had to make use of a fortified position. There's the crates Ryanocerous mentioned, but there's also a little area to the left as you're walking out of the hangar, some broken rocks on the cliff-edge that show where you can slide down. It's right at the edge of the map, but there's cover from the infantry and AT-STs, allowing you to take the TIEs out first. There's shelter from the TIEs too, unless they're coming from just the wrong angle.
  • JackTHorn
    3657 posts Member

That's a useful spot, for sure - though I have found that on hard the Stormtroopers will sometimes toss a perfectly-places grenade that takes you out and makes No Deaths impossible...
  • JackTHorn
    3657 posts Member
    Adtrfan_25 wrote: »
    I had to go to hiding spots to beat the survival missions on master.
    Hm, what little rock overhang on Tatooine? That's the only one I don't have on Master yet...

That's a useful spot, for sure - though I have found that on hard the Stormtroopers will sometimes toss a perfectly-places grenade that takes you out and makes No Deaths impossible...

Use shields.
    My star card hand is Ion Grenades, Ion torpedoes, and personal shields.
    That said, it is hard to complete without a death or two along the way. But you get 6 lives, so it's not all that hard to complete. Just use the shields to get back to that spot safely.
  • DaBeast
    1189 posts Member
    Those videos are gold man @Ryanoceros
    Hm, what little rock overhang on Tatooine? That's the only one I don't have on Master yet...

Check out my Tatooine video in this thread.
    starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront/forums/discussion/31933/need-an-expert-survival-player-to-help-me-with-beating-the-missions/p1
    That will help complete Tatooine effectively. And with some good pod pickups (Blaster Cannon and Infantry turrets) it can be done in under 35 minutes using the same strategy.
  • DaBeast wrote: »
    Those videos are gold man @Ryanoceros

Thank you! :)
  • I think it would be so much more entcing for me to do this stuff if I could just use my multiplayer skins.
  • Ryanoceros
    569 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    I think it would be so much more entcing for me to do this stuff if I could just use my multiplayer skins.

It would be nice if they let us chose our own character skins, not to mention gender.
  • Ryanoceros wrote: »
    I think it would be so much more entcing for me to do this stuff if I could just use my multiplayer skins.

It would be nice if they let us chose our own character skins, not to mention gender.

I agree. I mean it kind of hurts the immersion, and replayability when you're forced to be the same blonde chick (or whatever) over and over.

I mean... Why can't I make up my own "battle fantasy" in my head, and be a Sullustan on Sullust fighting off Imperial troops on his home planet?

This is the reason why I've only done them on hard. To be able to use my multiplayer hand. The rest... I'll get to (probably never).
  • the survival mission are so easy. endor and hoth you can camp. tatooine is super easy. the only one that is challenging is sullust but not anymore because they updated the requirements so you are allowed to die on hard as long as you don't spend a life. just get a friend in that is decent. have jump pack, bubble shield, and ion torpedo launcher equipped as your hand
  • Alright, here's Survival on Endor - Master Difficulty - Solo - Less than 35 Min. .... in fact, I completed this in 28:16. And shucks, one death too.
    Additional tips: In the waves with AT-STs, try to take them out first, if possible. The last thing you need is an AT-ST approaching you while you are fighting a blaster fight with a dozen troops. On the other hand, if you are holding an E-Web or Blaster Cannon, the AT-ST don't seem to be much of a threat. You'll see that in the video. :) Other than that, just use those E-Webs (Machine Gun Turrets) to deal with the troops. If one gets behind you, don't worry, just focus on the ones approaching. You take very little damage when holding the E-Web. After all the troops approaching are taken out, then let go and use your blaster rifle to take out the guy behind you. If several get behind you, then use your shield and run for cover. Then blast 'em!
    Part 1

Part 2

I'll do Sullust next. I'll try to get it done tomorrow, but Sullust is no easy task in under 35 minutes even if you know how to do it! But I'll get it done. Just be patient. Also, the server is painfully slow right now. It took me 6 hours to upload the Endor video. So It may be a couple days before I can post it.
  • JackTHorn
    3657 posts Member
    Quarktard wrote: »
    Endor, for me, was all about being mobile, running around and evading a lot. Kind of like Tatooine. When the AT-STs target you, you have to use the big trees as cover, running around them in circles -- and you'd best have taken out all the infantry by then. For Master I had to use my jump-pack and hole up in the high Ewok platforms that can't be reached by stairs and bridges, picking off Imperials with my T-21b and ion grenades.
  • JackTHorn
    3657 posts Member
    JackTHorn wrote: »

Check out my Tatooine video in this thread.
    That will help complete Tatooine effectively. And with some good pod pickups (Blaster Cannon and Infantry turrets) it can be done in under 35 minutes using the same strategy.
    Thanks -- checking it out.
  • JackTHorn
    3657 posts Member

I agree. I mean it kind of hurts the immersion, and replayability when you're forced to be the same blonde chick (or whatever) over and over.

I mean... Why can't I make up my own "battle fantasy" in my head, and be a Sullustan on Sullust fighting off Imperial troops on his home planet?
    Yeah, I get tired of playing Buffy The Imperial Slayer too, I miss my Duros.
  • Yodasdog
    140 posts Member
    I now have all stars on Tat/ Sullets/ Endor/ Hoth add me ill show u how! As I found out, its not that hard :D
  • My biggest problem with the survival missions is that they don't so much rely on tactics and skill as they do on using one or two very specific locations/strategies to win on Hard/Master. These maps aren't fun because instead of it being a nice balance of skill and challenge, they instead are more like a puzzle which you solve at the start but it takes you 30-40 minutes to actually finish. There are many much more interesting ways they could have handled survival but alas...

Personally I'd have loved to have more tactical possibilities such as with resource management, being able to buy powerups of your choice or at the very least being able to see or actually swap powerups for useful ones without losing the first powerup. Can you imagine how cool it'd be to be able to save up for a hero token and then play as Luke taking out Shadow Troopers and AT-STs trying to make the best of that stuff you spent? Or being able to spend earned credits in game to swap weapons or buy new or upgraded star cards or powerups? Even being able to earn credits for every game would be nice, and being able to level up in modes other than multiplayer so people without online content can still like, you know, level and do stuff...

@JackTHorn

Take jet pack, shield, and ion torpedo or grenade.
    Don't let the AT-ST's fall on you after you destroy them :wink:
  • Yodasdog
    140 posts Member
    well if anyone needs help just add me