criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

the solution to 80% of this game's problems

medic42
215 posts Member
institute a class system. nothing would need to be nerfed or buffed. Tie the Trait cards to the classes.

Replies

• I think 80% as a solution to the games problems with your suggestion is perhaps a little too high :)
  • medic42
    215 posts Member
    true. But a good start.
  • medic42 wrote: »
    true. But a good start.

Can you flesh out your idea a little more?

• tommytom64
    1076 posts Member
    You're right, but it won't happen in this game. I really hope classes are added in Battlefront 2 though.
  • medic42
    215 posts Member
    basically the class system idea would tie yout TRAIT to specific star cards and weapon availabilty. Classes like scout, snipe, heavy infantry, etc. I know a lot of people hate the ES + DH17 combo. with a class system this could be avoided as ES could be specific only to heavy infantry. Likewise if you want to snipe people your weapon options would refelect the same (t-21B, Pulse cannon, cycler rifle, etc - but no way are you going to have access to CA-87. ) Scouts could have the jet pack, scan pulse, and all the pistols.

This is just the idea. It could be implemented in some other way, but mostly this would cut down on the chaos, bad players, and allow us to stop nerfing weapons.
  • This would be especially cool if classes were represented by your player skin.
  • Bring back the dark trooper
    "There is emotion, yet peace, Ignorance yet knowledge, Passion yet Serenity, Chaos yet Harmony, Death yet the Force"
  • briandt75
    5610 posts Member
    Classes would be cool, but them solving 80% of the game's problems? Nah. The only thing I can think of that would be that much of a help would be eliminating lag.
    41st Forum Fury Battalion Member
  • medic42
    215 posts Member
    briandt75 wrote: »
    Classes would be cool, but them solving 80% of the game's problems? Nah. The only thing I can think of that would be that much of a help would be eliminating lag.

The LAG in this game is ridiculous.
  • briandt75
    5610 posts Member
    medic42 wrote: »

It's horrendous. I could see it being responsible for at least 50% of the issues we discuss here on a daily basis.
    41st Forum Fury Battalion Member
  • medic42 wrote: »
    institute a class system. nothing would need to be nerfed or buffed. Tie the Trait cards to the classes.

No this doesn't solve practically anything because people will still complain regardless if it's used a lot and gets a lot of kills. If anything this would outrage me because I actually like the freedom in the customization. The lack of proper classes at this point isn't a real issue for me at this point. I'd like more content and a lot of the exploits fixed.. and balance FS FFS. It's literally been like 7 months.
  • tankertoad
    5921 posts Member
    Full availability was a selling point for this game. It's battlefront, not battlefield. Now, I get what your saying about how it would limit certain combos. How about, just not allowing certain combos?
    41st.org Founder "Where the Game is Winnable."

are-you-threatening-me-gif.gif
  • Tattered29
    1025 posts Member
    This would be especially cool if classes were represented by your player skin.

Worst idea ive ever heard, forcing people not only to use loadouts they choose for classes but then forcing me to play blonde pont tail girl if i wanna use an e-11 or thermal detonator no thanks people should be able to choose whatever hand/skin they want
  • PopoTateo
    4838 posts Member
    Tobikun wrote: »

No this doesn't solve practically anything because people will still complain regardless if it's used a lot and gets a lot of kills. If anything this would outrage me because I actually like the freedom in the customization. The lack of proper classes at this point isn't a real issue for me at this point. I'd like more content and a lot of the exploits fixed.. and balance FS FFS. It's literally been like 7 months.

It's cute that you think they care.

It's cute that you still come here to post nothing but misery. Even i give the negativity a short break from time to time!
  • PopoTateo
    4838 posts Member
    PopoTateo wrote: »

It's cute that you think they care.

It's cute that you still come here to post nothing but misery. Even i give the negativity a short break from time to time!

I'm negative 24/7

You dont say?!
  • medic42
    215 posts Member
    I envision the Bounty Hunter trait as something of a special forces class.
  • No classes!!! If Dice had the opportunity to make a battlefront game alongside battlefield when it started it would be completely different from it and this is what we got. Pandemics version was literally battlefield with a skin over it. The class system doesn't work.
  • No classes!!! If Dice had the opportunity to make a battlefront game alongside battlefield when it started it would be completely different from it and this is what we got. Pandemics version was literally battlefield with a skin over it. The class system doesn't work.

And yet Pandemic's it's still more beloved than EA's "reboot". :D

Better still...people are actually still playing pandemic's version 10 years after the fact. :D

Matter of fact, go to your local Gamestop and checkout the Battlefront section. Pardon me, I mean used game section. :D

Yeah. You know what gamers want just like EA. doo...dah...doo :D
    luke.png

Better still...people are actually still playing pandemic's version 10 years after the fact. :D

Matter of fact, go to your local Gamestop and checkout the Battlefront section. Pardon me, I mean used game section. :D

Look at all the nostalgia babies who can't move on. In no way are the originals better.
  • Zephkiel
    1790 posts Member
    No classes!!! If Dice had the opportunity to make a battlefront game alongside battlefield when it started it would be completely different from it and this is what we got. Pandemics version was literally battlefield with a skin over it. The class system doesn't work.

Look at all the nostalgia babies who can't move on. In no way are the originals better.

"In no way". Gonna have to challenge you on that one, champ.

4 playable factions, two playable eras, ground vehicle variety, conquest mode, galactic conquest mode, campaign, nearly all notable characters playable, mod support, complete offline play for all maps and modes, space/capital ship battles, fully customisable battles, adjustable player counts, narration, plenty of licensed music, friendly fire options, droidekas, unique class characters, customisable playlists.

"In no way", boy you are amusing.
  • Zephkiel wrote: »
    No classes!!! If Dice had the opportunity to make a battlefront game alongside battlefield when it started it would be completely different from it and this is what we got. Pandemics version was literally battlefield with a skin over it. The class system doesn't work.

4 playable factions, two playable eras, ground vehicle variety, conquest mode, galactic conquest mode, campaign, nearly all notable characters playable, mod support, complete offline play for all maps and modes, space/capital ship battles, fully customisable battles, adjustable player counts, narration, plenty of licensed music, friendly fire options, droidekas, unique class characters, customisable playlists.

That's it? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. That is content?
  • Krimson
    1454 posts Member

I would agree, but then the game might start to look like battlefield 4
  • Zephkiel
    1790 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Zephkiel wrote: »

That's it? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. That is content?

You're adorable. :)
  • PopoTateo
    4838 posts Member
    Krimson wrote: »

I would agree, but then the game might start to look like battlefield 4

The fact there are still a large number of people playing that, suggests that wouldn't be such a bad thing!
    I just recently started halo 5, and had a whirl at the multiplayer. The warzone mode is a great concept that would be amazing on battlefront.
  • Keep the game classes free for heavens sake...its not a gamer shooter it's for a broader church

The system is good just Dice cannot resist bringing out a club combo for better players...only when you have a meaningfull mm system can you then cater for the classes and clan players...The mm is the 80% of the problem along with lag?

Look a young the young Bantha wallowing in tuurd sauce. Your so cute. :D
    luke.png
  • James55
    257 posts Member
    It would definitely curve the amount of nerf posts in a good direction, but doesn't improve the content issue :P
    star_wars_tag_by_krilce.png
  • 100% agree with the op this would be awesome
  • ivarth
    38 posts Member

It's horrendous. I could see it being responsible for at least 50% of the issues we discuss here on a daily basis.

This I do not get.

I'm playing from Iceland, an island in the North Atlantic ocean. EA does not have any servers here, so I'm probably playing on European servers and I have never had any issue with lag. Ever.