criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Hand Selection

briandt75
5610 posts Member
Can anyone tell me the point of that little selector in your star card selection screen in the menu? It says "1st Hand/Second Hand" and you can either choose to have two distinct hands or have them both be the same. Am I seriously missing something? What's the point?
41st Forum Fury Battalion Member

Replies

• WodiQuix
    4506 posts Member
    You can change the 'default hand' to the actual name of the hand you use. For example, my default hand consists of thermal detonator, focus fire, and scout pistol. I named it 'soldier' and my second hand consisting of barrage, cooling cell, and scout pistol, I named 'grenadier' instead of 'default 2'. It sounds better IMO. I named all four of my hands. You can just switch between hands faster I believe.
  • CryHavoc
    407 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    lets say you have your favorite offensive hand, ie ES, JP and perhaps Thermal Detonator
    Then you have your favorite defensive loadout against ships and the ATAT and AT ST.

Now as a rebel, I want to be able to switch, within the game, between offensive and defensive loadouts.
    I don't worry about tie fighters when playing as a rebel, but I can switch to the Ion loadout to take out the AT-ST's and also use them to attack the walkers.

Being able to switch between different tools while In game is why you have two hands.
    If everyone had a hand that carried at least the Ion Torp, the AT-ST's, the spawn strafers and the Walkers would never make it.

Can you imagine it..A game of 20 on 20 where at least 10 players fired the Ion torp at vehicle spammers? :)
  • Brutalizer
    254 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    You can set 4 presets, and then: choose 2 active hands which are available ingame.
    Choosing 2 out of your 4 presets can only be done out of a game.
    There is absolutely no point in having the same presets in both hands, thats why it gives you a warning if this combination is active.
  • Oreo
    736 posts Member
    My second load out always has ion torpedo and switch between that and my first load out during the game. That way I'm not stuck with an ion torpedo when I need my pulse cannon. Usually just switch once the Walker is vulnerable.
  • I would like that we can assign a trait for every hand (1st Hand/2nd Hand).

What do you think the community ?
  • briandt75
    5610 posts Member
    Sorry guys, I don't think I explained myself very well in the original post. I understand the naming of hands. Done that myself. I also get that you loadout with two hands. I also use one for offense and one for defense.

What I'm talking about is the little selection button on the hand selection screen in the loadout menu. The screen where you actually choose the star cards that go into your hands. There's a little button below the center star card that says something like "Different Hands" or "Both the Same". I accidentally clicked it once, and when I loaded out, both hands were exactly the same.
  • WodiQuix
    4506 posts Member
    That sounds cool. I would also like the ability to set your trait for each faction: Rebel and Imperial
  • briandt75
    5610 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    WodiQuix wrote: »
    That sounds cool. I would also like the ability to set your trait for each faction: Rebel and Imperial

Well... I can think of cooler things, like having more than just two hands to loadout with. I don't understand the point of making them both the same. Then you get ZERO choice.

It's possible I'm missing something, but go ahead and check it out. See if I'm cray cray or if it's a goofy pointless setting. Both are possible.
  • WodiQuix
    4506 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    briandt75 wrote: »

Well... I can think of cooler things, like having more than just two hands to loadout with. I don't understand the point of making them both the same. Then you get ZERO choice.

It's possible I'm missing something, but go ahead and check it out. See if I'm cray cray or if it's a goofy pointless setting. Both are possible.

Are you talking about my hands I use or the general layout of hands in Battlefront?
  • briandt75
    5610 posts Member
    briandt75 wrote: »

Are you talking about my hands I use or the general layout of hands in Battlefront?

Okay. So. You turn on your console and start Battlefront. It goes to the main menu. You go to PLAY and then COLLECTIBLES. Then you go to your first hand. With your first hand displayed largely on the screen, look below the center card. There's a little box and and arrow to the left, and an arrow to the right. If you click it it says something like "Both the Same", which changes your hands from being different to being both the same. (sorry I'm not at home right now or I'd have exact details on the wording of the button).

Seems like a setting for SOMETHING, I know not what.
  • WodiQuix
    4506 posts Member
    Oh OK. I know what you mean now! Sorry, I got confused!
  • briandt75
    5610 posts Member
    Oh OK. I know what you mean now! Sorry, I got confused!

No worries, mate. It's weird right?
  • If you use the companion app you can preset more than 2 hands. It makes it nice if if use different hands for each map or mode
  • I still have no idea what you're talking about. Are you on PS4? I have the arrow buttons. They're for selecting different setups. You can have as many custom hands as you want. I have 30 saved lol, so I just use the arrows to select one for each hand. It gives you a warning if you have the same setup selected for both hands. Is that what you're talking about?
  • I still have no idea what you're talking about. Are you on PS4? I have the arrow buttons. They're for selecting different setups. You can have as many custom hands as you want. I have 30 saved lol, so I just use the arrows to select one for each hand. It gives you a warning if you have the same setup selected for both hands. Is that what you're talking about?

OK, can you explain how to set up more than 2 hands and how to name them on PS4? I can only set up 2 hands and I don't know how to name them anything. It would be nice if games came with instructions these days.
  • briandt75
    5610 posts Member
    Quarktard wrote: »
    I still have no idea what you're talking about. Are you on PS4? I have the arrow buttons. They're for selecting different setups. You can have as many custom hands as you want. I have 30 saved lol, so I just use the arrows to select one for each hand. It gives you a warning if you have the same setup selected for both hands. Is that what you're talking about?

OK, can you explain how to set up more than 2 hands and how to name them on PS4? I can only set up 2 hands and I don't know how to name them anything. It would be nice if games came with instructions these days.

When you're in the sxreen where you choose what star cards go in each hand, select a hand. If you move your cursor to the little arrows just below your center card, I believe there's a little prompt that says "delete" "rename" and other stuff.
  • LANCE_NO_PANTS
    174 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Yeah there's a button that says "new preset" underneath the arrows. Press that, and it will create a new empty hand to modify. Then you can press the "rename" button and call it whatever you want. I don't think there's a limit to how many you can create. I have 30 because for a while I was copying all the default hands from mission mode, and saving them, but I quit doing that.