criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Who dictates the pace

This thread is going to **** a lot of people off.. but here goes...

I'm really tired of hearing people complain about those who don't play the objective. What is a video game if not about having and making your own fun? Some people's idea of fun is running around big maps racking up massive killstreaks, and enjoy the game whether they win or lose, some people's idea of having fun is actually winning a match, some other's it's about the glory and fun of sniping enemies. Point is, everybody's idea of fun is different, so why can't we all exist at the same time in the same match? Why must those who think that others who do not play the way they do are automatically bad and trash and noobs? And I know some ragers are going to argue "If you only care about kills go play blast and leave the rest of us alone". But I'm sure blast does not offer up the same sniping experience as one can find in WA.

I say let everyone play the way they wish, and you just focus on your own game and your own enjoyment and stop complaining about others who have not played the same way you do, cause i'll tell you what; I'd rather a mixed bag team, where we have snipers, kill happy monsters, suiciding fodder, objective runners etc. than a side full of players who only play one predictable way. In the end every different part counts towards the mechanism and a sniper contributes to the objective just as much as a kill happy maniac, so who are you to dictate the pace?

Another thing that grinds my gears are those who complain about people who find themselves in advantageous terrain, saying they are glitching and exploiting or they're noobs and trash and a bunch of absurd sentiments. It's clever tactics to use your environment to your advantage, it will certain be that way in a real war so there's your godd*mn immersion for you.

Thing is, half the time I'm a relentless objective runner, half the time, I play other ways, such as sniping, and yes, I use terrain to my advantage and I have lots of fun. Why do I have to constantly see griefing about playstyle? Well i refuse to conform and allow people to dictate my pace.

Let the rage begin!

SW_Sig_zpsjlznlipn.png

Replies

• WodiQuix
    4506 posts Member
    First comment: not rage. Good points @Vindictum !
  • I agree. I payed for my ps4, i payed for the 50 inch screen i play on, i pay for my internet, i bought the game, and i bought the season pass. I do it my way. Well said!
  • I was actually thinking of posting something along this line today, you beat me to it, and saved me a few minutes.
  • Off course you are right, OP. But it is frustrating that some games have an objective that needs something to be fulfilled or stopped. When your other team mates wander off and give a rats *** about helping you starting/activating or stopping/deactivate the objective you get a tad irritated. Last round of Extraction I just had I got 3 kills and 31 death and still got MVP. When playing with a good team that goes for the objective I might not be the MVP every time, but always have a decent enough objective score and probably some 31 kills and 3 death.

but nobody can force a gamer to play in a way he doen`t like... except if you have bought the OR DLC and wants to play Extraction for a couple of hours.... but that`s another story....
    Playstation 4 fun :p Proud member of the 3PO community
  • QQnerfQQ
    642 posts Member
    Snipers do not contribute as much as kill happy players or objective players. No way in hell.
  • Trooper8059
    10199 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    The problem is that players choose to play the goal of other gamemodes within another that is focused on a completely separate objective.

Now if they are doing stuff that isn't already set-up, well then I can't stop them there. But Blast exists for a reason.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • leftweet
    2216 posts Member
    This is one reason why I want the ability to play the multiplayer modes offline against bots. Then people can play in whatever way they want. I do think people deserve to play the game they way they want to, but it still can be frustrating to be on a team where no one is playing the objective.
    I write things for The Star Wars Game Outpost
  • leftweet wrote: »
    This is one reason why I want the ability to play the multiplayer modes offline against bots. Then people can play in whatever way they want. I do think people deserve to play the game they way they want to, but it still can be frustrating to be on a team where no one is playing the objective.

• medic42
    215 posts Member
    leftweet wrote: »

• briandt75
    5610 posts Member
    Vindictum wrote: »
    This thread is going to **** a lot of people off.. but here goes...

I'm really tired of hearing people complain about those who don't play the objective. What is a video game if not about having and making your own fun? Some people's idea of fun is running around big maps racking up massive killstreaks, and enjoy the game whether they win or lose, some people's idea of having fun is actually winning a match, some other's it's about the glory and fun of sniping enemies. Point is, everybody's idea of fun is different, so why can't we all exist at the same time in the same match? Why must those who think that others who do not play the way they do are automatically bad and trash and noobs? And I know some ragers are going to argue "If you only care about kills go play blast and leave the rest of us alone". But I'm sure blast does not offer up the same sniping experience as one can find in WA.

I say let everyone play the way they wish, and you just focus on your own game and your own enjoyment and stop complaining about others who have not played the same way you do, cause i'll tell you what; I'd rather a mixed bag team, where we have snipers, kill happy monsters, suiciding fodder, objective runners etc. than a side full of players who only play one predictable way. In the end every different part counts towards the mechanism and a sniper contributes to the objective just as much as a kill happy maniac, so who are you to dictate the pace?

Another thing that grinds my gears are those who complain about people who find themselves in advantageous terrain, saying they are glitching and exploiting or they're noobs and trash and a bunch of absurd sentiments. It's clever tactics to use your environment to your advantage, it will certain be that way in a real war so there's your godd*mn immersion for you.

Thing is, half the time I'm a relentless objective runner, half the time, I play other ways, such as sniping, and yes, I use terrain to my advantage and I have lots of fun. Why do I have to constantly see griefing about playstyle? Well i refuse to conform and allow people to dictate my pace.

Let the rage begin!

Thank. You. THANK YOU. THANK YOU!
    41st Forum Fury Battalion Member
  • DaBeast
    1189 posts Member
    i agree with you
  • SngleCoil
    428 posts Member
    I'm one that gets frustrated when I'm pushing for the objective and look to see no little blue dots on the radar with me. That being said...I actually agree with you @Vindictum. I was thinking today that I'd really like to go off and find the wampa, but would really feel bad if my partner keeps spawning on me in the far corner of the map. You know, next time that I find my team getting completely rolled, what the heck, I'm going to go find that wampa.
  • briandt75
    5610 posts Member
    The problem is that players choose to play the goal of other gamemodes within another that is focused on a completely separate objective.

Now if they are doing stuff that isn't already set-up, well then I can't stop them there. But Blast exists for a reason.

I don't disagree with anything you said, but I will use it as a jumping off point to say that really playing as a team, going for an objective is problematic and difficult as well without proper voice chat or strategem. I understand, of course, that you definitely can't take an objective if you don't try. However, without something to really tie a team together, I can totally see how players wouldn't care about an objective, especially if they're only playing the mode to fulfill a hutt contract or maybe they've created their own objective (kill 25 hlemetless troopers, take down a tie fighter with a hand grenade).

A level 60 player gets what from finishing a match? Points. You get extra points for taking an objective, right? Well, the problem is that a level 60 player has most likely bought all the good stuff already and points mean nothing to them.
  • briandt75
    5610 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    double post sorry.
  • CallMeDeee
    1663 posts Member
    I want to win, that's it. It does get annoying when I'm on a bad team. Sometimes I get frustrated and other times I let go and do my own thing.

Good post OP.
  • Mitchel1
    258 posts Member
    We need a Big Team Blast game mode. That should make everyone happy.
  • briandt75
    5610 posts Member
    Mitchel1 wrote: »

They really should have made a huge big map blast for 40 players. It would easily be the most popular.
  • Zach
    544 posts Member
    I'm a very aggressive objective player and I love to win but I don't get mad about snipers on my team. The only thing that gets annoying for me is when the game puts 18 snipers on the same team and they're clearly avoiding the objective like running past uplinks or not attacking the AT-ATs while they're vulnerable. It also bothers me when someone gets the hero pickup but doesn't use the hero to benefit the team which is selfish since heroes play such an important part in the game.
  • Jaywal
    2856 posts Member
    Good thread thus far. Excellent OP. As well as differing opinions all presented in a respectful way! I'm proud of this thread.

As for my opinion. I agree with pretty much all of you, let people play the way they want. I play the objective and I find the challenge fun.

The only time I really rage at my team is if they sabatoging the objective. i.e. Picking up the cargo.. Then running off to god knows where. Or just sitting and camping with the cargo...

Lol but that's a different story,.
    May the force be with you.
  • Clutchman
    323 posts Member
    What we really need of course is an offline with bots mode on the big maps so people can play in those.Of course they will still come into the multiplayer and not play the objective,lol.I don't mind personally having a few people sniping away at the back of the map because there are usually a few on the other team too so it evens out.I love all the objective modes in this game because I'm not a great shot but I can still contribute greatly to my teams success.
  • You have every right to play any way you want to, but don't get mad when people quit your team, because those people also have the right to try and find a team that actually wants to win.
  • Fair point @Vindictum and I agree with you, although I sometimes can get indeed a bit frustrated when I'm actaully playing the objective. But regardless the team I'm on, I always enjoy the fun! :)

By the way, couple of times I was in a team where almost every player played the objective in TP. Multiple games in a row, the game was over within 5mins :)
  • Anoh
    8380 posts Member
    briandt75 wrote: »

They really should have made a huge big map blast for 40 players. It would easily be the most popular.

Agreed
    Editor/Cinematographer - Anoh is pronounced: AhNo.
  • Old_fella_1963
    4697 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    The game could help the usual MP own objectives issues but that requires inovatiion against "market statistics" and confidence to be different ...risk is not where EA is at?

There is no real technical reason stopping someone using all the dev time intensive assets such as the graphics assets ,physics,lighting , Maps etc but delivered to casual and harder core modes with proper mm that enforce boundaries and allow skill advancement
  • Versatti
    1958 posts Member

That would be my favourite game mode. First to 1000 kills!
  • Mitchel1 wrote: »

Yes please, that'd be fun!
  • WodiQuix
    4506 posts Member

That sounds like a great idea!
  • WodiQuix wrote: »

That sounds like a great idea!

+1 from me. Two teams, 20 players per side, each starting on their own side of the map with vehicles (not tokens), hero tokens, power ups and charges all dotted around the centre of the map. The timer counts down off you go

• Who can disagree with this?
  • kevlegs1971
    1230 posts Member
    Agreed, I want to have a team that plays the objective and all that but if I get into a room and that isn't happening it's real easy to find another room... What annoys me is being teamed with someone that is off exploring and not playing and I can't get rid of him as a partner... Change that and I'll be happy.
    My youtube channel Star Wars Battlefront, Battlefield 4 etc gameplay https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCF4zDYJfLp_rvcKzALVEXHA?view_as=subscriber