criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

Speeder Bikes Against Heroes!

Oreo
736 posts Member
Should this be a one hit kill? I don't mind it haha I literally just took out the same guy twice who was a hero with full health and killed him instantly. Once he was Vader than he was Boba. He must have been mad lol I would've been.

Replies

  • It's extremely annoying. I was once taken down when I was at 70 health by someone in a Speeder Bike. And the worst thing is that you can't destroy them as Luke.
    Official member of The Second Hand Club™

    Proceed with the countdown!

    giphy.gif
  • I don't mind it but they should make it easier for Luke and Vader to counter them. Vader has saber throw and that's about it. Luke can't really do anything as far as I know. They should make it so that a normal saber swing, with the proper timing, will destroy incoming speeder bikes.
  • Oreo
    736 posts Member
    It's extremely annoying. I was once taken down when I was at 70 health by someone in a Speeder Bike. And the worst thing is that you can't destroy them as Luke.

    Yeah lol it is annoying. I got Leia one time and get this my own teammate was going full speed then got off I had just spawned in as Leia so full health the speeder ghost rolls and hits me and kills me! Omg haha it was the worst
  • Oreo
    736 posts Member
    Tobikun wrote: »
    It's extremely annoying. I was once taken down when I was at 70 health by someone in a Speeder Bike. And the worst thing is that you can't destroy them as Luke.
    And your point is? I do it to everyone even my own teammates I don't care who you are I will do it to you even if you are a hero.

    Why do it to your teammates? Lol.
  • Oreo
    736 posts Member
    Tobikun wrote: »
    Oreo wrote: »
    Tobikun wrote: »
    It's extremely annoying. I was once taken down when I was at 70 health by someone in a Speeder Bike. And the worst thing is that you can't destroy them as Luke.
    And your point is? I do it to everyone even my own teammates I don't care who you are I will do it to you even if you are a hero.

    Why do it to your teammates? Lol.

    Because I can. c:

    I just don't understand the logic but ok lol
  • Tobikun wrote: »
    It's extremely annoying. I was once taken down when I was at 70 health by someone in a Speeder Bike. And the worst thing is that you can't destroy them as Luke.
    And your point is? I do it to everyone even my own teammates I don't care who you are I will do it to you even if you are a hero.

    Official member of The Second Hand Club™

    Proceed with the countdown!

    giphy.gif
  • Krimson
    1454 posts Member
    They should definitely have some sort of counter against them for Han, Leia, Nien Nunb, Boba Fett, and Greedo should have a quick time event that if they press rt at the right time they'll shoot the driver off, for Luke definitely be able to damage the bike and if drive tries to ram him he'll get a quick time event that allows him to dodge and slice the front end of the bike off like in ROTJ for Vader just make his saber throw more accurate against the bikes and for Palpatine another quick time event where he either electrocutes the driver which will kill him, or he electrocutes the bike and blows up
  • Casscaden
    987 posts Member
    I do it to people because they do it to me. I hate the fact it's a one hit kill though, maybe 50% or something. I usually go after top guys and leave the new guys alone. It's good and bad. If Luke is destroying spawn points I take him out but a one shot is to much imo. I've been literally killed as soon as I spawned with Vader. It makes being a hero on endor a defensive game and you have to watch your map. Speeders show up on the map but there fast.
  • Casscaden
    987 posts Member
    I don't think that you should be able to kill your own teams hero though. If that's the case we should be able to kill everyone, would absolutely love that sometimes.
  • Jaywal
    2856 posts Member
    I don't mind the being trampled. If I took a line shot to the face with a pointy speeder bike at 90mph I think I'd die, even if I had the force.

    However! It'd be nice if Vader and Luke could destroy the bike with a Saber OHK.
    May the force be with you.
  • I love trampling heroes with vehicles. God I love it!
  • I think the speeder bike doing 50% damage would be fine. It would still be a HUGE hit, and in many cases, it would still finish off a hero who had been playing a bit.
  • 79999
    232 posts Member
    Oreo wrote: »
    Should this be a one hit kill? I don't mind it haha I literally just took out the same guy twice who was a hero with full health and killed him instantly. Once he was Vader than he was Boba. He must have been mad lol I would've been.

    I rage quitted once because 15 seconds after I spawned in with full health as palpatine someone killed me, I hate it.
  • Mcap
    873 posts Member
    Oreo wrote: »
    Should this be a one hit kill? I don't mind it haha I literally just took out the same guy twice who was a hero with full health and killed him instantly. Once he was Vader than he was Boba. He must have been mad lol I would've been.

    The only reason you don't mind it because you're the person who took the hero out. If you were the hero, you'd mind.

    Personally i think it's another broken aspect of this game.

    I once got hit before I even had a chance to move on Endor. I spawned as a hero at the end of the first phase in WA. Spawned right inside the structures where the uplinks were. Didn't have time to even take a single step. Was hit by a speeder indoors and OHK. It's ridiculous when that happens.

  • Oreo
    736 posts Member
    Mcap wrote: »
    Oreo wrote: »
    Should this be a one hit kill? I don't mind it haha I literally just took out the same guy twice who was a hero with full health and killed him instantly. Once he was Vader than he was Boba. He must have been mad lol I would've been.

    The only reason you don't mind it because you're the person who took the hero out. If you were the hero, you'd mind.

    Personally i think it's another broken aspect of this game.

    I once got hit before I even had a chance to move on Endor. I spawned as a hero at the end of the first phase in WA. Spawned right inside the structures where the uplinks were. Didn't have time to even take a single step. Was hit by a speeder indoors and OHK. It's ridiculous when that happens.

    I've got hit with it too it is annoying but it's a nice move for them to do it.
  • tommytom64
    1085 posts Member
    Oreo wrote: »
    Tobikun wrote: »
    Oreo wrote: »
    Tobikun wrote: »
    It's extremely annoying. I was once taken down when I was at 70 health by someone in a Speeder Bike. And the worst thing is that you can't destroy them as Luke.
    And your point is? I do it to everyone even my own teammates I don't care who you are I will do it to you even if you are a hero.

    Why do it to your teammates? Lol.

    Because I can. c:

    I just don't understand the logic but ok lol

    It's called being a troll who wants to ruin other people's experiences in the game by exploiting these types of glitches. He gets enjoyment out of that. Honestly, it's people like him that make this game no fun sometimes.
  • Everytime I use a speeder bike I die due to an op tree.
    4oEtTHz.png
  • kevlegs1971
    1248 posts Member
    Only ever happened to me once.. Meh
    My youtube channel Star Wars Battlefront, Battlefield 4 etc gameplay https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCF4zDYJfLp_rvcKzALVEXHA?view_as=subscriber
  • Casscaden
    987 posts Member
    Ime in the camp that thinks it should be no more than 50% damage. It takes a hero away from new inexperienced players and half the time they don't even know what happen. Either make it 50% damage or the have it to where it can't be done until the 2nd or 3rd uplinks.
  • Casscaden
    987 posts Member
    And btw a good counter to speeders is to get the emperor, his big move will one shot a speeder anywhere near him, blows up speeder and kills person on it.
  • tommytom64 wrote: »
    Oreo wrote: »
    Tobikun wrote: »
    Oreo wrote: »
    Tobikun wrote: »
    It's extremely annoying. I was once taken down when I was at 70 health by someone in a Speeder Bike. And the worst thing is that you can't destroy them as Luke.
    And your point is? I do it to everyone even my own teammates I don't care who you are I will do it to you even if you are a hero.

    Why do it to your teammates? Lol.

    Because I can. c:

    I just don't understand the logic but ok lol

    It's called being a troll who wants to ruin other people's experiences in the game by exploiting these types of glitches. He gets enjoyment out of that. Honestly, it's people like him that make this game no fun sometimes.

    Hey! Hold on now. It's not a glitch man. Heroes are supposed to be able to be trampled by vehicles. I agree that it's stupid that he tramples his own heroes because at that point he's hurting his team's chances to win. However, technically, the instant he jumps off the bike it belongs to no team, and if you get hit by a large heavy machine traveling at a high rate of speed, you will die.

    I think we can all agree that the OP is a terrible teammate though haha. No one who plays to win wants a TK (team killer) on their team.
  • Vindictum
    567 posts Member
    This thread just brings up too many painful memories..

    SW_Sig_zpsjlznlipn.png
  • Mcap wrote: »
    Oreo wrote: »
    Should this be a one hit kill? I don't mind it haha I literally just took out the same guy twice who was a hero with full health and killed him instantly. Once he was Vader than he was Boba. He must have been mad lol I would've been.

    The only reason you don't mind it because you're the person who took the hero out. If you were the hero, you'd mind.

    Personally i think it's another broken aspect of this game.

    I once got hit before I even had a chance to move on Endor. I spawned as a hero at the end of the first phase in WA. Spawned right inside the structures where the uplinks were. Didn't have time to even take a single step. Was hit by a speeder indoors and OHK. It's ridiculous when that happens.

    I don't know man. Personally, the reason I developed my fetish for trampling heroes was the very first time I got trampled as a hero. I was Palpatine, and had just spawned, and was running toward the control point with full health, when I got run over and instakilled by a speeder bike. After the initial shock wore off, I thought it was hilarious, and realized that if they could do it to me, I could do it to them! Since then, I have been making hero roadkill art all over the Battlefront universe. :smiley:

    Side note: I trample heroes all the time, but I remember a game just yesterday where I trampled Vader to death twice in one game of supremacy... With an airspeeder. :smiley:
  • thero
    89 posts Member
    Tobikun wrote: »
    Vindictum wrote: »
    This thread just brings up too many painful memories..

    Good :\

    Ugh. You like killing small animals too? I hope they Nerf it just to stop you.
  • Straywalker
    1034 posts Member
    @Tobikun .... I thought that post in the "not buying the new DLC" was your last? but here you are and still continues to post on almost every thread there is... or have your little brother taken over your account again? :wink:
    Playstation 4 fun :p Proud member of the 3PO community
  • Vindictum
    567 posts Member
    Tobikun wrote: »
    @Tobikun .... I thought that post in the "not buying the new DLC" was your last? but here you are and still continues to post on almost every thread there is... or have your little brother taken over your account again? :wink:

    Don't start with me right now.

    dude have a snickers

    SW_Sig_zpsjlznlipn.png
  • tommytom64
    1085 posts Member
    Tobikun wrote: »
    Vindictum wrote: »
    Tobikun wrote: »
    @Tobikun .... I thought that post in the "not buying the new DLC" was your last? but here you are and still continues to post on almost every thread there is... or have your little brother taken over your account again? :wink:

    Don't start with me right now.

    dude have a snickers

    I have Insomnia and I haven't slept in over 17 hours, don't.

    You don't sound too well, mate. I don't mean that as an insult. Hop off the Battlefront forums, they can be toxic. Get some rest if you can.
  • Oreo wrote: »
    Should this be a one hit kill? I don't mind it haha I literally just took out the same guy twice who was a hero with full health and killed him instantly. Once he was Vader than he was Boba. He must have been mad lol I would've been.

    Not very fun when its when you first get the hero pickup and a speeder bike is waiting for you to spawn.
  • Mord-Vi
    907 posts Member
    It's pretty lame on endor. I spawned as luke, and attacked a guy who wasn't really even moving, but my tracing into the speeder killed me in one shot. Another time, the guy ran into a rock, and was barely turning, barely moving and one shot me as luke again.

    I'd go so far as to call it a bug. It would be one thing if they were moving fast, but they need to work out the speeder bike physics.
    --i7-5960X OC @ 4.4 Ghz--G.SKILL DDR4 16GB--SLI EVGA ACX 2.0 FTW GTX970--
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!