criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Clone Commando Community Transmission
September Community Calendar

Offline content

Prev1
Jrob122
4638 posts Member
For real how much longer until they release this "offline content"? They released the statement like a month and a half ago, and it's nearing summer. They said in spring we'll be getting it and I don't know of another big update until the bespin. its gettig very frustrating because I just want to play more offline content with my friends and family. Seriously EA, how long does it take you to put in bots onto already made maps?

Replies

• QX4y5PwxvkxJ.jpg
    It's EA.
    4oEtTHz.png
  • leftweet
    2216 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Jrob122 wrote: »
    For real how much longer until they release this "offline content"? They released the statement like a month and a half ago, and it's nearing summer. They said in spring we'll be getting it and I don't know of another big update until the bespin. its gettig very frustrating because I just want to play more offline content with my friends and family. Seriously EA, how long does it take you to put in bots onto already made maps?

The promised offline content will arrive by the end of Spring:

It will likely come with the Bespin update, which seems to be the next update (as in there won't be an update between now and Bespin):

It's also worth noting that Spring technically ends June 20 in the Northern Hemisphere, although I could see the release being pushed to the 21st. Otherwise, June 14 is a likely release date as game updates come on Tuesdays.
    I write things for The Star Wars Game Outpost
  • The offline content will most likely not be offline multiplayer. Just being realistic with you.
    Official member of The Second Hand Club™

Proceed with the countdown!

giphy.gif
  • Jrob122
    4638 posts Member
    The offline content will most likely not be offline multiplayer. Just being realistic with you.
    What else would it be? Definitely not more missions because that's not what the communities been "clamering about" as they've said
  • briandt75
    5610 posts Member
    The offline content will most likely not be offline multiplayer. Just being realistic with you.
    What else would it be? Definitely not more missions because that's not what the communities been "clamering about" as they've said

Really, the only way NOT to kill their online multiplayer base is NOT to release an offline multiplayer. I can't see them doing that at any point before the final DLC drops. Maybe after that, when noone is playing the online anyway...
    41st Forum Fury Battalion Member
  • Jrob122
    4638 posts Member
    briandt75 wrote: »

Really, the only way NOT to kill their online multiplayer base is NOT to release an offline multiplayer. I can't see them doing that at any point before the final DLC drops. Maybe after that, when noone is playing the online anyway...

I feel as if it would bring more players back into the community ergo increasing the player count in multiplayer base as well as offline
  • Pretty certain it'll be an instant action type thing. They've been working on it since January so I doubt they've just made a few more missions

additionally if the offline content isn't instant action it'll kill the playerbase anyway as a lot of people seem ready to give up on this game if it isn't.
    "The force is strong with this one."
  • Beaver
    1735 posts Member

I didn't want to say anything, but I was thinking the same thing. It will be interesting to see what they do.
  • BassGSX35
    1139 posts Member
  • peck71
    160 posts Member
    If it's not some form of instant action, then Dice will have failed and let us down yet again!!!!!! But i don't expect much from them at this point.
  • leftweet
    2216 posts Member
    Billiam301 wrote: »
    Pretty certain it'll be an instant action type thing. They've been working on it since January so I doubt they've just made a few more missions

additionally if the offline content isn't instant action it'll kill the playerbase anyway as a lot of people seem ready to give up on this game if it isn't.

^ This. I'm not going to outright say they are adding offline multiplayer, but there's certainly a chance it could be the outlined offline content. I also don't think its addition would lower the online player base, either. I'm definitely going to continue to play online, even though I look forward to the prospect of offline multiplayer. Additionally, there are plenty of online shooters out there that feature offline bots, and that doesn't seem to hurt the player base. Offline multiplayer might also attract a different audience that currently doesn't play online (and thus won't harm the current player base).
  • With all the talk about people thinking they're testing bots in games, I have a feeling that they MIGHT try to put bots into the multiplayer modes like fighter squadron to fill empty spaces on teams. When someone joins the game, they would just replace a bot. Then, they would give people the ability to create private matches that they could play by themselves with just bots, and if they invite someone, that person would just take the place of one of the bots on the other, or the same team.

But it's just a feeling that I have. If they did this, I think that it would make most people happy as long as they also continue to offer no bots versions of these game modes. I personally wouldn't mind playing a full game every time with bots filling the open spaces. New players especially would love this because they could actually experience the awesome feeling of killing enemies at a rate that compensates for the disappointment of dying over and over. I feel kind of bad seeing all these new players going 2-32 all the time. They can't be having fun.
  • ChadDSolo
    1457 posts Member
    It's not more Missions stuff. Those maps don't get Road Ahead mention as offline content 'rollout' players "have been clamoring for", when the new maps dropped, they just dropped with no fanfare.

But, yeah, if it's not some form of offline mp/instant action, a lot of players are gonna walk from this game permanently. Like it or not, understand that belief or not, that's what's happening.
  • dabjab06
    304 posts Member
    I tend to be more of a realist than anything and with EA / DICE stating that the reason the game had no campaign or offline play to begin with was because they rushed it out to be out near the same time as the film, sort of gives the insight it is about the money and not so much the quality. Just like already planning to release the 2nd one early next year. I say trust nothing till you see it, I see fellow employees all the time tell people "Yea we are working on it, talking to your insurance for approval etc" yet they haven't even lifted a finger.
  • Trooper8059
    10199 posts Member
    The way I see it, they want to release this offline content at the right time. They know for a fact that having Instant Action will bring in more people, they want to make sure that they have the right time to,

A: Keep the players they have now from going elsewhere.
    B: Get as much awareness out about this as possible.
    C: Make sure it's at the best it can be when it releases to avoid Deja Vu with the game's launch.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • if they waited until the last dlc, or worse until there is too low a player base to keep the servers online, as someone in thread claimed: why would they waste time and money (dev team time) on offline anything? if its not out before the last dlc, or even the death star, im assuming its not coming at all in this game.

at that point i will look closely at the new one (which will be out next year they say) and if it offers offline mp bots and isnt all new trilogy/prequel trilogy i may buy that. especially if you could import the maps from here into it. prequel doesnt interest me much, especially if its no offline like this (the survival rubbish doesnt count tbh).

otherwise i have other things to buy; and star wars would be finally killed for me by disney and ea.
    invalid brain token
  • BassGSX35 wrote: »

Huehuehue!
  • Hurry up , not everyone got their life
  • Righful
    136 posts Member
    I thought there was a leak some time ago, about an unfinished Han Solo mission?
  • shaundobson
    1899 posts Member
    Righful wrote: »
    I thought there was a leak some time ago, about an unfinished Han Solo mission?

That's what it was. An unfinished map that didn't make the game
  • boguczed1
    198 posts Member
    I don't think players are clamoring for more "missions" some people have been clamoring for Blast and Hero vs. Villain offline, I personally see this as a "shortcut" offline mode, pretty much Battle and Hero Battle, but larger and no tokens.

I would hope they bring DLC maps to offline. If it is just a couple more "Battles" "Hero Battles" and survival missions, I'm not sure they know what players are "clamoring" for.

If it has to be minor, I would take survival missions using the imperials and all DLC map survival modes for both Rebels and Imperials.

Currently I'm sticking with a heavily modded LucasArts SW Battlefront 2 on PC. With both LucasArts SW BF 1, Elite Squadron, and Renegade Squad maps, as well as KOTOR maps and soldiers/heroes.
  • leftweet wrote: »

The promised offline content will arrive by the end of Spring:

It will likely come with the Bespin update, which seems to be the next update (as in there won't be an update between now and Bespin):

It's also worth noting that Spring technically ends June 20 in the Northern Hemisphere, although I could see the release being pushed to the 21st. Otherwise, June 14 is a likely release date as game updates come on Tuesdays.

Wooo. Less than a month!
  • Strogg1980
    2559 posts Member

The people who want single player either are not playing this game as much anyways or have completely stopped/traded it in at this point. you literally would see almost no difference in Online play when they release offline MP. Online is dying because its, for the most part, bland, not because of singleplayer.

Heres the thing, If Sledge and the people at DICE have payed any attention to this board and the thread on here with hundreds of people complaining about the already in game Missions, they would realize we DO NOT WANT more mission type gameplay. what we have been clamoring for is custom offline modes to play against bots and friends.

Also take into account if they were just planning on Missions and Survival then they would not have posted anything in the Road Ahead for Spring post, they would simply add survival and missions, like they did with the 2 new maps, with each update and just let it ride from there.
  • DarthBlue
    209 posts Member
    Play private matchs with friiends vs bots will be awesome.
  • Wolffe2100
    2041 posts Member
    I hope they'll give us some info this week.
    Experience outranks everything
  • leftweet
    2216 posts Member
    Wolffe2100 wrote: »
    I hope they'll give us some info this week.

I'm hopeful we'll get information for the next update next week. Whether or not the info pertains to the offline content, that's another question.
  • Wolffe2100
    2041 posts Member
    Agreed @leftweet
    I hope they'll tell us something, regarding Offline MP or not. It's been a while waiting for Offline MP tho...

Experience outranks everything
  • JackTHorn
    3653 posts Member
    I'd be fine waiting until after the last DLC to get offline content. That's when it would make the most sense to have it anyway. Until then I hope they just work on regular content.
  • leftweet
    2216 posts Member
    JackTHorn wrote: »
    I'd be fine waiting until after the last DLC to get offline content. That's when it would make the most sense to have it anyway. Until then I hope they just work on regular content.

Well, something is coming for offline by end of June and I'm guessing it'll be beefier than just more maps for Battles/Survival. Offline MP is what makes the most sense, based on what has come from devs.
  • yodajedifishmaster
    1361 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    custom offline bots with no time limits. i want to set a weekend and just play a massive battle on hoth supremacy map for 48 hours. or maybe 32 i do need some sleep. but tbh i am thinking a lot of people saying offline mp is what makes most sense may be self inducing belief. please dont get your hopes up. then you can be pleasantly pleased not hopelessly disappointed.
    invalid brain token
  • leftweet
    2216 posts Member
    but tbh i am thinking a lot of people saying offline mp is what makes most sense may be self inducing belief. please dont get your hopes up. then you can be pleasantly pleased not hopelessly disappointed.

For me personally, while I do think that offline MP is the most likely scenario, it doesn't mean I think that it's the only possibility. I'm not going to believe that offline MP is 100% coming until EA/DICE shows that it is coming. With that said, I do think that offline MP is most likely, with other, very real possibilities being more Battles/Survival maps, a new mode or new Training missions.
  • SaddFox
    501 posts Member

I feel as if it would bring more players back into the community ergo increasing the player count in multiplayer base as well as offline

Interesting arguments! Can't really decide which side to take :)
  • DRU2011
    217 posts Member
    In terms of the game modes in offline multiplayer here is what I think could be included.

Supremacy - very likely.

Walker Assault - very likely.

Fighter squadron - possible.

Blast - pretty likely.

Cargo - pretty likely.

Drop Zone - very likely .

Droid run - pretty likely.

Hero hunt - very unlikely.

Heroes vs Villains - very unlikely.

Turning point - very likely,

Extraction (outer rim) - pretty likely.
  • leftweet
    2216 posts Member
    DRU2011 wrote: »
    In terms of the game modes in offline multiplayer here is what I think could be included.

Supremacy - very likely.

Blast - pretty likely.

Cargo - pretty likely.

One thing to note about that list is that the larger modes might be the most difficult, as adding more AI causes more stress on the system and so the AI scripts would need to be smartly optimized. Also, if they manage to get hero AI working for Supremacy and Walker Assault, I think they would be able to get it working for Hero Hunt and HvV. Fighter Squadron is also likely one of the easier modes to convert, since they've got AI working for that (it would still need to be tweaked somewhat, though)

What I could see happening is that the modes are rolled out, so they do the non-hero small modes first (Droid Run, Drop Zone, Blast, Cargo and Fighter Squadron), then the hero small modes (Hero Hunt, HvV and Extraction) and finally the big modes (Supremacy, Walker Assault, Turning Point and (?) Bespin's new mode).
  • Trooper8059
    10199 posts Member
    leftweet wrote: »

Supremacy - very likely.

Blast - pretty likely.

Cargo - pretty likely.

One thing to note about that list is that the larger modes might be the most difficult, as adding more AI causes more stress on the system and so the AI scripts would need to be smartly optimized. Also, if they manage to get hero AI working for Supremacy and Walker Assault, I think they would be able to get it working for Hero Hunt and HvV. Fighter Squadron is also likely one of the easier modes to convert, since they've got AI working for that (it would still need to be tweaked somewhat, though)

What I could see happening is that the modes are rolled out, so they do the non-hero small modes first (Droid Run, Drop Zone, Blast, Cargo and Fighter Squadron), then the hero small modes (Hero Hunt, HvV and Extraction) and finally the big modes (Supremacy, Walker Assault, Turning Point and (?) Bespin's new mode).

I would think Drop Zone would be the easiest considering you do the same action in survival.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • DRU2011
    217 posts Member

Supremacy - very likely.

Blast - pretty likely.

Cargo - pretty likely.

I agree that the ai will probably have a hard time on those maps but I think they are going to do them since when people refer to "offline multiplayer" that they are talking about big modes such as WA. Since dice has been working on this for a long time it is likely the big modes were the ones they were trying to fix because the smaller modes should not take that long for dice to do.
  • DRU2011
    217 posts Member
    Does anyone know how many bots can be on fighter squadron at one time?
  • leftweet
    2216 posts Member

Supremacy - very likely.

Blast - pretty likely.

Cargo - pretty likely.

I would think Drop Zone would be the easiest considering you do the same action in survival.

Yup, and Droid Run/Cargo wouldn't be too far behind. To the AI, an objective is an objective, it wouldn't matter if it's a droid, uplink or pod. The issue with Droid Run is that there are three objectives, but I would suspect they could use weighted random numbers to pick which droid an AI unit would run after.

Cargo would be a little more difficult, as AI units would ideally work together to protect the carrier. However, for an AI unit focused on securing the cargo, their primary objective would be the enemy base. Once they have the cargo, the primary objective would then switch to the home base.
  • shaundobson
    1899 posts Member
    Does anyone know how many bots can be on fighter squadron at one time?

In mutiplayer there are 20 bots overall in fighter squadron.

For singleplayer i would say we would easily get the 20 vs 20 sides that we get in mutiplayer.
  • shaundobson
    1899 posts Member
    edited May 2016

Supremacy - very likely.

Blast - pretty likely.

Cargo - pretty likely.

AI for Supremacy would be the easiest 40 player modes to make for singleplayer.

There is only 1 objective that the bots would have to follow... capture the control points.

If walker assault proves too difficult I hope they somehow insert AT AT's into offline 40 player modes so they're not wasted.
  • leftweet
    2216 posts Member

Supremacy - very likely.

Blast - pretty likely.

Cargo - pretty likely.

AI for Supremacy would be the easiest 40 player modes to make for singleplayer.

There is only 1 objective that the bots would have to follow... capture the control points.

If walker assault proves too difficult I hope they somehow insert AT AT's into offline 40 player modes so they're not wasted.

Agreed. Turning Point wouldn't be that far behind, it's only difference is that on some maps, there are three objectives at the start. And again, I dont think multiple objectives would be that difficult of a task; random numbers could give bots the appearance of choosing objectives.

For Walker Assault, I think that if they got 20v20 working on those larger maps, they could get Walker Assault working, too. The first bit of each stage would function like Drop Zone or Droid Run as uplinks would be the primary objective. The Rebel AI would then change their primary objective to firing on the walker (they've actually got this working in the AT-ST training mission). The Empire AI would then start hunting down Rebels, similar to how AI might function in Blast.

Of course, all this is over-simplifying things, but I do think Walker Assault is possible should they manage to get 39 infantry bots optimized enough to be playable.
  • mastery0ta
    6228 posts Member
    I hope they figure out HvV. I can only imagine how much time I'd spend playing that
  • leftweet
    2216 posts Member
    mastery0ta wrote: »
    I hope they figure out HvV. I can only imagine how much time I'd spend playing that

Agreed! The main reason why I refrain from playing too much HvV is because the the breaks between rounds halt the pace. If you're playing by yourself against bots, round breaks would simply be like respawning.
  • mastery0ta
    6228 posts Member
    edited May 2016

I hear you boss. It would be an amazing thing ;)
  • yodajedifishmaster
    1361 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    i really want to play blast on the big maps with more bots and hero and vehicle pickups. i would be happy with that if they couldnt make WA work with bots. i also want options, so i could set up each side with more or fewer bots to set up my own scenarios - such as an imperial assault on a rebel position assuming the imperials will have more numbers. or a rebel assault on an imperial base even numbers or a surprise raid simulation or ambush on imperial patrol with superior rebel numbers.

other options i would love are to have no time limit, no kills limit. that would really simulate a huge battle, imagine rebels v imperials blast mode on the hoth supremacy map, with heroes and villains sometimes and the odd AT-ST. now imagine that battle raging for 8 hours straight. thats with even numbers. now try it with the imperials having 40 bots and you plus 19 rebel bots. thats like being in the movie.

actually the options i would like are;

no time limit (infinite time) and time limit you can enter a number of minutes.

reinforcements count: you can set the number of reinforcements (respawns) for each side manually, or to infinite.

number of bots per side setting: or a number of rebels and imperials with the player being counted as one when they pick a side.

hero/villain token options: on, off for both or off for selected side only. maybe number of heroes/villains allowable on the field per side at once also.

vehicles: on, off, off only for one side, or vehicle reinforcement limit (there are only so many vehicles available to either side and when one is destroyed this number reduces by one. if it hits 0 no more vehicle tokens will spawn even if the game is still going.)

map options: select maps for the rotation, so you can pick your faves and stay with them swapping sides and maps every time the game ends. or just pick one map and no rotation and play round after round. (of course if you have time and reinforcements set to infinite then the first map picked is the only map until you end the game. but you will probably only pick the one map if you set those to infinite anyway).

graphics: stormtroopers shown with helmets only (shadow and scout troopers still allowed.) for all game modes! this will just affect your view - if playing online the other player will still see their chosen head obviously. this is for the purists and those scared of the emperor and vader's wrath!
    invalid brain token
  • leftweet
    2216 posts Member
    number of bots per side setting: or a number of rebels and imperials with the player being counted as one when they pick a side.

All of your suggestions are great! The one I quoted is the big one for me, though. Be able to select the number of teammates and opponents would be excellent. I would allow for us to fine tune the difficulty. So if "Master" is too easy for someone, they could just dial back the number of AI teammates. Or, if "Normal" is too difficult, they could take away some opponent AI.
  • ChadDSolo
    1457 posts Member
    At this point, I just want news on the offline that's coming "Soon". Best case scenario, worst case scenario, whatever...just cough up an announcement already. It's such a weird precipice - I'm pretty sure, but I'm not sure, but I'm pretty sure...but I'm not...and none of us are. That bugs.
  • leftweet
    2216 posts Member
    ChadDSolo wrote: »
    At this point, I just want news on the offline that's coming "Soon". Best case scenario, worst case scenario, whatever...just cough up an announcement already. It's such a weird precipice - I'm pretty sure, but I'm not sure, but I'm pretty sure...but I'm not...and none of us are. That bugs.

This is basically where I'm at. I'm pretty sure we'll be getting offline multiplayer. But it's frustrating because there is still a very real possibility that we won't be seeing offline multiplayer. The non-news is the worst...
  • ChadDSolo
    1457 posts Member
    ChadDSolo wrote: »

This is basically where I'm at. I'm pretty sure we'll be getting offline multiplayer. But it's frustrating because there is still a very real possibility that we won't be seeing offline multiplayer. The non-news is the worst...

Exactly. We can look all the way down the line toward the Death Star DLC, but can't give info on the Bespin DLC or the offline that's less than 30 days out (?). I don't get it.
  • I hit lvl 50 when that was the cap, maxed out my star cards and was generally having a lot of fun. Then I got bored and started missing the first games. Outer rim came out but it didn't do too much for me. I stopped caring and stopped playing.

When I bought my PS4 a few years ago, I traded in my xbox360 and ALL of my games and accessories (with the exception of SWBF 1&2) Though I figured the new game would fill my needs, I decided to keep these games just in case. I'm glad I did.

The lack of communication from DICE/EA is baffling. Saying "something is coming out soon, but we can't tell you what it is..." is a ****ing non-announcement, it's pointless. Do you not know what you're working on? How god damn hard is it to say, "we're doing this and this, and it comes out on this day." ? or do you know for a fact that what you are currently working is not what people have been 'clamouring' for?

I was really hoping that Sony would add the old titles to their PSN library but I'm not holding my breath anymore. I won't lie and I'm a little embarrassed to admit it but I went and bought another Xbox360(used) a few weeks ago.

If the new update doesn't have some form of offline 'instant action' then this game is as good as gone to me. I won't be sticking around for rest of the DLC I paid for and I won't give DICE/EA another dime.