criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission
No Match for a Good Blaster

Smart rocket question

Maybe I'm missing something here but I seem to remember reading in the description of the smart rocket you just have to fire in the general direction of an enemy and it will seek them out. I'm pretty sure unless I aim right at them it goes straight past them sailing off into the sunset.

Is it supposed to have some lock on mode or something?

Replies

• WodiQuix
    4559 posts Member
    I've had that happen too. Explodes right at their feet, doing no damage whatsoever. Aiming it does help. I guess it's just hit-or-miss with the lock on mode. I know it does lock onto vehicles though.
  • CallMeDeee
    1663 posts Member
    Are you shooting at a vehicle? It should lock.
    Infantry is dumb fire.
  • CallMeDeee wrote: »
    Are you shooting at a vehicle? It should lock.
    Infantry is dumb fire.

That explains it then cheers. I only really play HvV or extraction and neither have vehicles on.

• briandt75
    5610 posts Member
    You have to wait a half second to have it lock on to a vehicle.
    41st Forum Fury Battalion Member
  • thestarwarsfan
    1459 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Maybe I'm missing something here but I seem to remember reading in the description of the smart rocket you just have to fire in the general direction of an enemy and it will seek them out. I'm pretty sure unless I aim right at them it goes straight past them sailing off into the sunset.

Is it supposed to have some lock on mode or something?

Only for vehicles and you have to be in lock range, other vehicles or turrets can overlay the target you want to shoot.
    4oEtTHz.png
  • That answers my thoughts about the smart rocket. Thought it would auto lock onto infantry as well, didn't realise it was auto lock on vehicles.
  • CallMeDeee
    1663 posts Member
    That answers my thoughts about the smart rocket. Thought it would auto lock onto infantry as well, didn't realise it was auto lock on vehicles.

That's the homing shot star card :)
  • j_novs
    711 posts Member
    exactly why it's my least favorite power up
  • I don't know what they did to it, but the smart rocket is now called a dumb rocket by all of it's rocket friends. I used to be able to fire off to the left or right of AT STs to increase the chances of damaging the weak spot on the back, but now, all to often close range shots at them just fly right by, and it makes me MAD! BAD ROCKET!!!