criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Gamescom 2019 Triple XP
Community Transmission

Female Shadow Trooper and Scout Trooper?!

Aeralure
478 posts Member
Where are these?! I was looking forward to unlocking the Shadow Trooper until I found that it only came with a male voice. :( Should be a lot easier than even male/female alternates of the alien races, since the skin is exactly the same (and the Shadow Trooper minifig is female).

Make it happen! The only option for female troopers cannot be just basic or helmetless.

Replies

• Baseeco
    562 posts Member
    You're right, they should add female/male for alien species and for shadow/scout troopers.
    I want a male zabrak so bad.
  • Baseeco wrote: »

Have you tried interplanetary online dating sites? Maybe there are some compatible male Zabraks lookin for love in all the wrong places. :smiley:
  • Baseeco
    562 posts Member
    Baseeco wrote: »

Have you tried interplanetary online dating sites? Maybe there are some compatible male Zabraks lookin for love in all the wrong places. :smiley:

i'm a male Lol : D
  • Baseeco wrote: »

Hey I'm not judging anyone here! Whatever floats your boat man! :smiley:

P.S. Don't take me too seriously. Just giving you a hard time. Wait... That didn't sound right either. :smiley:
  • In their armor they look almost all the same. No need for it and if pls with a helmet ;)
    4oEtTHz.png
  • Baseeco
    562 posts Member

Hey I'm not judging anyone here! Whatever floats your boat man! :smiley:

P.S. Don't take me too seriously. Just giving you a hard time. Wait... That didn't sound right either. :smiley:

Hahahaha i'm crying :'D

• In their armor they look almost all the same. No need for it and if pls with a helmet ;)

Yeah but they sure don't sound the same, and I can see how that could affect a female player's sense of immersion.
  • Yeah but they sure don't sound the same, and I can see how that could affect a female player's sense of immersion.
    I played the female storm trooper skin until I got the shadow trooper skin, there was no difference for me regarding my play style XD
    4oEtTHz.png
  • Aeralure
    478 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Yeah but they sure don't sound the same, and I can see how that could affect a female player's sense of immersion.
    I played the female storm trooper skin until I got the shadow trooper skin, there was no difference for me regarding my play style XD

Obviously. XD For the storm troopers it's just a simple voice option.

Post edited by Aeralure on
  • WodiQuix
    4558 posts Member
    That would be a cool addition. I haven't unlocked the shadow trooper in the diorama yet. Does it have a female talking? It would also be cool to see more trooper variants, male and female.
  • Aeralure
    478 posts Member
    WodiQuix wrote: »
    That would be a cool addition. I haven't unlocked the shadow trooper in the diorama yet. Does it have a female talking? It would also be cool to see more trooper variants, male and female.

I see the Princess!
  • WodiQuix wrote: »

Yes it has an female voice in the diorama
  • Webn8tr_
    3145 posts Member
    Just shows how lazy the devs are.
    This would be the easiest thing to add.
    We already have plane female stormtroopers. Just make them black!
    Yea scouts would be alil more difficult?
    This game needs female scout and shadow troops!
    As mentioned before, the female shadowtroop in the Diorama has a female voice. Why don't we have that option?
  • Bring back Clone Troopers, they were all male. Problem solved.
    4oEtTHz.png
  • Aeralure
    478 posts Member
    Bring back Clone Troopers, they were all male. Problem solved.

You aren't exactly helping, but aren't trying to either. ;) I'd be one of the first to agree with you though - I'd LOVE the next game to focus on the PT, but we have male Twi-Leks and Zabraks as opposed to just female, so it goes both ways. Male-only Clone Troopers though would be the only way to have it and I'd be all for that. Obvious story reasons.

It's just the bare-bones approach to options in this game is a bit uninspiring.
  • Yes yes YES. Please give us female scout and shadow troopers! I hate having to be a boy as a shadow trooper. I mean yeah I could pick other options but I find they stealth a lot more nicely so I keep them as a preference. Ugh.
    Eat your heart out.
  • i would like to play as a male twi'leck or zabrak but i'm not bi***ing about it
  • Han_Spinel
    1102 posts Member
    i would like to play as a male twi'leck or zabrak but i'm not bi***ing about it

no one is bi***ing about adding a female voice to the shadow trooper either - poor form...but I'm assuming you could care less. Anyhow, like @Webn8tr_ said, this would be the easiest thing in the world to add. I'm a guy, and it is one of the first things I noticed when I bought the game and peaked to see what the unlockable skins were... really?!? no "high-ranking" female imperials?? It's pretty weak regardless of how you slice it.
    In 1977, a single shot rang out at the Cantina.... No first, no second. Han shot - end of statement.

PSN: Han_Spinel
    Youtube: Han Spinel
    Twitter: @Han_Spinel
    The Unofficial Star Wars Battlefront Campaign Companion
  • Webn8tr_
    3145 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    i would like to play as a male twi'leck or zabrak but i'm not bi***ing about it

Gross
    HueHueHue
  • Joonlar
    1154 posts Member
    There's only one skin to choose if you want to be female and wear a helmet. Lacking.
  • briandt75
    5610 posts Member
    Yeah, they should add a lot more diversity in all areas.
    41st Forum Fury Battalion Member
  • Folkb
    322 posts Member
    This thread and request has been around forever. But dice has chosen to ignore it. Heck I think most of the original advocates no longer even play the game.

https://forums.battlefront.starwars.ea.com/discussion/21534/female-scout-shadow-troopers#latest
  • Aeralure
    478 posts Member
    There's only so much they can ignore from among very easy suggestions like these before they start losing the fans of the game they do have. They need to show us what they can and will do before I invest in another game. I don't mean the DLC, either, as we paid for that. I mean the fixing of bugs and adding of community-requested features to the base game that are within reason. Updates like most any other company would do. It's pretty amazing really some of the bugs and requests they have left hanging around for months.

I hope they address this one. It's easy and pretty much already in the game. Male Zabraks and Twi-Leks are more work, as they'd need a male voice done in the language, but it's not incredibly complicated as it would simply match what the females say, but I don't think there's any excuse for not adding the female Scout and Shadow troopers in. The voices are already there.
  • BassGSX35
    1139 posts Member
    Zombabed wrote: »
    Yes yes YES. Please give us female scout and shadow troopers! I hate having to be a boy as a shadow trooper. I mean yeah I could pick other options but I find they stealth a lot more nicely so I keep them as a preference. Ugh.

Sexism detected :warning:
  • Webn8tr_
    3145 posts Member
    BassGSX35 wrote: »
    Zombabed wrote: »
    Yes yes YES. Please give us female scout and shadow troopers! I hate having to be a boy as a shadow trooper. I mean yeah I could pick other options but I find they stealth a lot more nicely so I keep them as a preference. Ugh.

Sexism detected :warning:

I love you
    But your *****
  • Oh dear not another one of these topics, I forsee a mod closing this down at some point.
  • They are supposed to be male, like how they actually are in the movies.
  • Aeralure
    478 posts Member
    They are supposed to be male, like how they actually are in the movies.

That's pretty much beside the point when they have already included female options, helmetless female Stormtroopers, and a female Shadowtrooper in the diorama.
  • ross42899
    1500 posts Member
    They are supposed to be male, like how they actually are in the movies.

90% of the Stormtroopers in the movies don't say a single word. So you can't tell if they are male or female. Beside that female Stormtroopers do exist in other canon media like novels too.

That said: Yes. There need to be female Shadow and Scout Troopers as well. And we need male Zabrak and Twi'lek for Rebels too!
  • Strogg1980
    2559 posts Member
    There is a female scout trooper in the 6th film if i remember right. You here a female sounding scream as one of the bikes is about to explode. That or hes the first gay storm trooper lol
  • Strogg1980 wrote: »
    There is a female scout trooper in the 6th film if i remember right. You here a female sounding scream as one of the bikes is about to explode. That or hes the first gay scout trooper lol

Fixed