criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

They call me a cheater???

Has anyone else been messaged by other players saying that your a cheater. Idon't think I'm all that great at this game to be called a cheater. I'm a PTO player with and average k/d at best and occasionally when I have a good round some one messages me calling me a cheat, what gives???

Replies

• are you on PC?
  • tuna_sushi wrote: »
    are you on PC?

That could be why, but mostly I just figure some people can't stand to lose because they have to live in their perfect little world where they're the king.
    It's pathetic that we, as a species, are like this.
    Supporter of offline multiplayer! #soloplayersmatter
  • lwmace
    12 posts Member
    I have (ps4), and I responded as kindly as I could for being called an f-word... "sorry you feel that way bro" and moved on. I was playing around with beserker-bacta-stim and did feel invincible that game (something like 46-2 : which I do not consistently do), but you have to shrug and move on.
  • kevlegs1971
    1235 posts Member
    Revel in the butt hurt your killing spree causes. lol
    My youtube channel Star Wars Battlefront, Battlefield 4 etc gameplay https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCF4zDYJfLp_rvcKzALVEXHA?view_as=subscriber
  • lwmace
    12 posts Member
    Revel in the butt hurt your killing spree causes. lol

^^ yup, this
  • I'm on ps4 and have found not everyone understands how the game works, with regards to star cards and traits...especially Berserker. I try to be cool and ask why they feel that way but if they won't reason I end it with "I'm not a cheater but if you feel I am you can report me, I have nothing to hide" and I never hear back from them.
  • Revel in the butt hurt your killing spree causes. lol

Oh, yes. Most definitely.
    Then be angry because our species is like this...
    We live in a world where professional athletes get payed more than the people who run an entire country.
  • Alan_Ackbar
    3062 posts Member
    Twice on Battlefront. And I always reply.
    Official member of The Second Hand Club™

Proceed with the countdown!

giphy.gif
  • Yes, this happens sometimes to me too.

And its always low skilled players (aim/movement/ slow star card using) that are doing this.
    Good players love to challenge against good players till the end, without giving up.
  • if you're not on PC, then feel good about your gameplay.

if you are on PC, understand injection cheats are rampant. it's not uncommon for cheaters to be the most vehement deniers on/of cheating in game forums, too.
  • Tyjames
    807 posts Member
    Some days I'm in the zone and go 60-10 (all infantry) in those games I'm usually top in all three categories because there isn't a starship shooting down and raiding on infantry.

I've gotten the you've glitched/cheating messages. I'm on ps4 and didn't even get the invicability glitch.
  • Evdoflav
    249 posts Member
    Never got the cheating message, but was told to stop being a little b*tch when shooting my ion torpedo at an A-Wing that was just ripping through my team on WA. I hit it a couple of times and it killed me a couple of times. But, every time I shot it would take them off of their pattern of strafing along wiping many players out each time. He went like 72-1. Unfortunately, I did not get the kill...
  • CryHavoc
    407 posts Member
    there are many on PC who have never heard of the Hoth glitch. I've been glitched a couple times and immediately get called a hack. Then others chime in and tell them its the Hoth glitch :)

For every 1 person who frequents the forums such as this, there are 50 who never do and are just not aware of the issues and discussions taking place about the game.
  • CryHavoc wrote: »
    For every 1 person who frequents the forums such as this, there are 50 who never do and are just not aware of the issues and discussions taking place about the game.

I agree. I know and play with quite a few people (they don't come here, reddit, etc) who are so out of the loop regarding glitches, patches, updates etc.
  • I got called a hacker after going 5-15, must have gotten all 5 kills on one dude.
  • I got called a hacker after going 5-15, must have gotten all 5 kills on one dude.

+1. I recall one guy accusing me of being a cheater when I was 15-5. I told him to go and check out my .75 KD and told him to get back to me on that. (It's rare I go as positive as 15-5)
  • Never called a cheater and im always on the top of the leader boards. Is this frequent?
  • Never called a cheater and im always on the top of the leader boards. Is this frequent?

Only the one time was i called a hacker. 3 times, I've been accused of having a "modded controller", which to be honest, i don't really know what that is.
  • briandt75
    5610 posts Member
    I know I'm beating a long dead horse here, but I'd be willing to bet that even this issue has something to do with lag.
    41st Forum Fury Battalion Member
  • Ok so I have a pretty funny thing to add...

Keep in mind, I play a lot, so I see the invincibility glitch pretty often. Well the other day, I encountered players in 3 different supremacy matches that were totally exploiting it, and taking advantage of it. No big deal. I just leave the game when I see it happening.

After the 3rd game, though, I was feeling like talking a little trash, so I sent him a short pm that said...

"Dirty cheater with your little invicibility glitch."

He responded with something like...

"Yeah everyone does it to me all the time. I didn't try to do it. It just happened. Everyone does it. If you're going to cry about it, don't play crybaby." (Quote edited to correct nearly unreadable spelling and grammar)

I responded with this...

"Ah man... You know what? You're right. I'm being insensitive. It's good that a garbage player like you got to experience winning for once. I'm happy for you! Good for you champ!"

Then I blocked him so I would be forever the winner of this argument. :smiley:

Note: I didn't use the word "garbage" in that last pm. I used a word that is more "poo-ish".
  • kevbrim
    123 posts Member
    Never been called a cheater. But I've been "mean messaged" before after a game. II guess he didn't like me killing him so much. Next game I intentionally looked for him and I got another mean message.
  • medic42
    215 posts Member
    lwmace wrote: »
    I have (ps4), and I responded as kindly as I could for being called an f-word... "sorry you feel that way bro" and moved on. I was playing around with beserker-bacta-stim and did feel invincible that game (something like 46-2 : which I do not consistently do), but you have to shrug and move on.

a K-D ratio like that automatically raises questions...maybe you are legit, or maybe your camping, or vehicle killing ground troops...
  • Aaaah, I am hoping for being called cheater once. I'd feel honored ;)
  • Never been called a cheater but had a really fun rally of messages with a VERY salty guy today after I got him one too many times with a speeder. I didn't even go on a mad killstreak.

In response to the OP, it's most definitely the card\trait combo. Berserker is a bit ridiculous when coupled with anything healing related if used properly. Even Bacta is pretty powerful so with adranalin it'll turn you into a Terminator.
  • tuna_sushi wrote: »
    are you on PC?

Ps4, mostly it's sore losers that send me messages, the guy that did it last night wen 4-14 on the round and I went 15-5 was amusing to say the least.
  • Casscaden
    987 posts Member
    Never been called a cheater but have been called a garbage camping noob by a 60 level. I was in an atat and had like 80 or 90 kills. Told him to stay around for a bit and try to keep up. Next match no tokens whatsoever and still went 88-9 or so. The poor other team was terrible with a lot of new guys. Then became friends with the guy and we occasionally play together. What I've noticed especially with so called top end players is they don't like anyone better than they are.
  • N3gativePrime
    4828 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Casscaden wrote: »
    Never been called a cheater but have been called a garbage camping noob by a 60 level. I was in an atat and had like 80 or 90 kills. Told him to stay around for a bit and try to keep up. Next match no tokens whatsoever and still went 88-9 or so. The poor other team was terrible with a lot of new guys. Then became friends with the guy and we occasionally play together. What I've noticed especially with so called top end players is they don't like anyone better than they are.

Agreed. If youre alpha and meet another opponent, you need to claim your title
  • Cheating is part of the game.
  • Tattered29
    1025 posts Member
    Got messages "enjoy the ban" the other day i replied "for what lol" he said hacking and wouldnt specify how exactly i was "hacking" which i had no clue since i just joined 3rd uplink and only had 23 kills (xbox btw)
    Got a very friendly message the other day also telling me im a garbage loser who keeps going after the hero in my a-wing (the dude is a hero token camper and i blew him away twice with 2 different heroes, he wasnt happy aparently that i was targeting his heros for my strafes lol) it was on hoth and sorry to tell you but if your in an at-st, tie or a hero your my target
  • Casscaden
    987 posts Member
    Still what's the best way to spot a cheater from a really good guy. Tonight I played agnist a team with about 7 or 8 top players. I was shot behind a few walls, was like they had an insta target. Was getting one shot from 3 guys while or berserker3. The ran scout with no ep shot. Thought this was strange also, got one shoted twice in an atst while being on 100%. Once with and ion torpedo and once with a smart rocket. I have never in over 400 hours one shot an atst. Got a few buddies to join and we started to get the best of them and they all quit. Don't know if this was lag, great players or cheating, how do u really tell.
  • briandt75
    5610 posts Member
    Some people call me Maurice
    41st Forum Fury Battalion Member
  • Yeah, called cheater often and im only a mediocre player (K/D ratio of 1.98). If you play in PC is something almost normal. Some guys simply cant distinguish between a good player, lag and a cheater. Even called me cheater sometimes with only 10 o so kills. Most of the time i ignore them.

One time i killed a guy like 6 or 7 seven times in a row. Well, that guy was calling me cheater for 3 complete games with its 2 rounds. Was funny, he simply run into a rage madness. Even said that he reported me for camping. The best part of all was yes, i was snipping but i was only firing on other snipers, not regular players. So that guy was doing the same than me but he was really bad sniper and i killed a lot. Funny.
  • I once went 89-2 and got about 10 hate messages - they all said they were going to report me to bill gates :D :D
    HueHueHueHue
  • i usually get messaged 2-3 times a week.

on average my games go 50 kills / 10 deaths, every now and then i hit 100+(school season/noobs)
    all 3 honors, just laugh it off and dont bother messaging back
  • Cheaters :P
  • Leessa
    15 posts Member
    Me and my team were called 'dishonorable' the other day. 9-1 on cargo but didnt deliver the 10th til the last few seconds so we could have fun...oops...
    My usual response is 'thanks for playing, couldnt have won it without you'
  • Leessa wrote: »
    Me and my team were called 'dishonorable' the other day. 9-1 on cargo but didnt deliver the 10th til the last few seconds so we could have fun...oops...
    My usual response is 'thanks for playing, couldnt have won it without you'

Ahahaha! I love it! :smiley:

I think I would've replied in all caps, "I WAS TRYING TO GIVE YOU A CHANCE!!!" lol :smiley:
  • I get the berserker thing, but the auto aim guys are easy to spot after a few kills and they suck. The hard to kill guys I understand.

I don't understand good players not carrying ion weapons as rebel troopers. They suck too.
  • lwmace
    12 posts Member
    medic42 wrote: »
    lwmace wrote: »

a K-D ratio like that automatically raises questions...maybe you are legit, or maybe your camping, or vehicle killing ground troops...

It's legit.
    1- I'm on ps4, nothing to hide, username is same for here.
    2- I'm usually around even on extraction (mode I play most). Current K/D is just above 1, but I was horrible in the beginning (haven't played a multiplayer shooter since Bond). A high ratio for me tends to happen on supremacy/walker assault when I'm an Imp. because when control points switch or AT-AT's are vulnerable everyone freezes and it's like fish in a barrel at times.
  • handcuff
    923 posts Member
    461emsawti wrote: »
    Has anyone else been messaged by other players saying that your a cheater. Idon't think I'm all that great at this game to be called a cheater. I'm a PTO player with and average k/d at best and occasionally when I have a good round some one messages me calling me a cheat, what gives???

Do you really need to ask??
    You won't find a more wretched hive of crybabies & whining, than SWBF players.
  • handcuff
    923 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Casscaden wrote: »
    Still what's the best way to spot a cheater from a really good guy. Tonight I played agnist a team with about 7 or 8 top players. I was shot behind a few walls, was like they had an insta target. Was getting one shot from 3 guys while or berserker3. The ran scout with no ep shot. Thought this was strange also, got one shoted twice in an atst while being on 100%. Once with and ion torpedo and once with a smart rocket. I have never in over 400 hours one shot an atst. Got a few buddies to join and we started to get the best of them and they all quit. Don't know if this was lag, great players or cheating, how do u really tell.

There is no cheating in this game. There are only two EXPLOITABLE glitches that I am aware of so far.
    1-The ATST terrain glitch where the ATST can shoot through terrain or any solid object that it can barely peek over the top of....this glitch is FREQUENTLY exploited
    2-Invisible walls up on the top of map borders where players are able to get to clearly unintended locations high up above map borders and take refuge behind invisible walls to heal while in plain sight but no one can shoot them. Seen this on the Imperial Hangar map....rarely see it exploited

Apart from that, "cheating" is crybaby code for a player that is better than them.
  • handcuff
    923 posts Member
    tuna_sushi wrote: »
    are you on PC?

That could be why, but mostly I just figure some people can't stand to lose because they have to live in their perfect little world where they're the king.

It has nothing to do with species, and has everything to do with upbringing.
  • handcuff wrote: »
    tuna_sushi wrote: »
    are you on PC?

It has nothing to do with species, and has everything to do with upbringing.

Okay then, what other species creates weapons designed to kill as many people as possible just so they can prove a point, or some other rubbish?
  • cannon_fodder
    972 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Never called anyone a cheater, but I did message someone who placed a blaster cannon in the space between the container and the closed off hallway at the last control point on turning point in outpost beta. Not technically cheating, though the intent is really that you shouldn't be there. Told him he was far too good a player for such a noob tactic, which he was. He was very cool about it. Damn map is hard enough to win as rebels as is.... Otherwise, it's all compliments from me.

Only the one time was i called a hacker. 3 times, I've been accused of having a "modded controller", which to be honest, i don't really know what that is.

Duh Modded Controllers allow for a direct neural interface with your ps4!
  • Ok, possibly a dumb question:

For you guys that find and hunt down a specific player on the other team....how in the world do you do that? Specifically on large modes like Supremacy and WA? Maybe I am just an old man and my eyesight isn't that great, but the little names above other players heads are barely legible to me (my tv is high def!). The only time I might be able to recognize a specific player is if they have some random alien skin.

Not that I'm the type of guy to go rage on someone. I've just seen it mentioned multiple times here about people tracking down someone specifically and I've always been curious because they all basically look the same to me! Haha.

For you guys that find and hunt down a specific player on the other team....how in the world do you do that? Specifically on large modes like Supremacy and WA? Maybe I am just an old man and my eyesight isn't that great, but the little names above other players heads are barely legible to me (my tv is high def!). The only time I might be able to recognize a specific player is if they have some random alien skin.

Not that I'm the type of guy to go rage on someone. I've just seen it mentioned multiple times here about people tracking down someone specifically and I've always been curious because they all basically look the same to me! Haha.

Well, certain skins/weapons for a start. Also I find that most people have a certain way of playing on each map, always seeming to take the same path or do the same thing.

Almost never hunt a specific player only i do it (and a lot) with people camping or snipping in places difficult to reach (near the ion cannon in Hoth or in the hills above the hangar in Sullust). Thats something personal. ;-P