criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Clone Commando Community Transmission
September Community Calendar

Bodyguard proximity buff

Fissbomb
25 posts Member
All too often palatine/leias bodyguards just run off and go solo. I think some form of proximity damage buff would encourage team play and keep them close to their respective hero.

Replies

• QUYMOBIUZ wrote: »
    No, because sometimes the respective hero they're suppose to protect, has a different agenda than the objective. lol

He's not saying to nerf bodyguards who don't stay near their hero. He's saying there should be a buff when they ARE near their hero. Kind of like how cooldowns happen faster when you're near the shipment in extraction.
  • swaza79
    778 posts Member
    I like the idea, but I've lost of the number of times I've spawned in as a bodyguard to see palp shoot off into the distance or up to where I cant reach on his own (and then die pretty quickly). Cool down buff would be nice though
  • Oh boy. Not trying to offend you, but I think you need to brush up on your comprehension skills man.

He's saying that when the bodyguards are near their hero, there should be some kind of buff. He's NOT saying to nerf (penalize) bodyguards that run off because their hero is playing like an *****. It would be exactly the same as it is now in those situations unless the bodyguard also doesn't care about the objective, and chooses to stay near his hero for the buff/easier kills.

I hope you understand now. If not, you're beyond my help. As Kylo Ren would say, "You need a teacher!"
    Oh boy. Not trying to offend you, but I think you need to brush up on your comprehension skills man.

He's saying that when the bodyguards are near their hero, there should be some kind of buff. He's NOT saying to nerf (penalize) bodyguards that run off because their hero is playing like an *****. It would be exactly the same as it is now in those situations unless the bodyguard also doesn't care about the objective, and chooses to stay near his hero for the buff/easier kills.

I hope you understand now. If not, you're beyond my help. As Kylo Ren would say, "You need a teacher!"

Haha...oh boy, 1st of all...let's let him explain his post! Let's stop assuming we know wth he's trying to say. @Fissbomb care to elaborate?

Secondly, if my comprehension skills are bad, than you make me look like a genius! What I gathered from his post is, his main issue is bodyguards running off going solo: "All too often palatine/leias bodyguards just run off and go solo."

Then he suggests a "proximity damage buff" to keep them close to their respective hero: "I think some form of proximity damage buff would encourage team play and keep them close to their respective hero."

Now, the question is...what does he mean by "proximity damage buff" ??? I believe he means if they stray away from the hero, they're health starts to drop slowly. The further away they are from the hero, the faster it drops. That's just my opinion.

I hope you understand where I'm coming from now. If not, you too are beyond my help. As Darth Sidious would say, "You're arrogance blinds you"

I think I know what's going on. You have no idea what the word "proximity" means, do you? I'm not being arrogant. I just know EXACTLY what the OP means because I posted something about this in another unrelated thread. ("Homing shot is kind of lame for hero bodyguards now")

Can someone else please help this man out?
    I think I know what's going on. You have no idea what the word "proximity" means.

Can someone else please help this man out?

Hahaha Oh really? So I guess you have no idea what the word "nerf" means huh? And I quote you..." He's not saying to nerf bodyguards who don't stay near their hero. "

Where in my reply to @Fissbomb did I say anything about nerfing bodyguards?
    No, because sometimes the respective hero they're suppose to protect, has a different agenda than the objective. lol

Fissbomb, you're the only one who can help the both of us lmfao

I really can't go any further without hurting your feelings man. What part of "I just know EXACTLY what the OP means" don't you understand?

I'm trying to help you understand man!

You're just going to feel dumb when Fissbomb comes on and says exactly what I've been trying to patiently tell you, but that's on you now. I honestly think that you're the only one here that doesn't understand what he's saying.
  • Sbroffage
    737 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    I'm with you.
    But most important just a second of damage reduction after the spawn. In HvV most of the times you spawn next to Leia/Palpatine only to be instakilled by some smart rocket or Han Solo's lucky shot.
    This makes you effectively waste (only 2 allowed maximum) a powerful asset, and has to go since we can't control the spawn as bodyguards.
  • The only thing I want them to change about bodyguards is for there to be a cool down on their smart rocket when they spawn in.
    Official member of The Second Hand Club™

Proceed with the countdown!

giphy.gif
    but I think you need to brush up on your comprehension skills man.

That's your way of "trying" to help me understand? How about you save the borderline insults & elaborate a lil better. I mean come on dude...all I said was "What?!?!" And you immediately degraded my comprehension skills. So don't act like you've been 'patiently' trying to tell me the meaning of his post. When Fissbomb explains, I'll feel far from dumb because I heard it from the source, not from you.

Thanks for "trying", your approach needs work tho.

I'm done with you. I tried to help you understand something that's already been talked about on these forums before. Like I said before, "Not trying to offend you...", but you just went on and on trying to argue with me about something I completely understand, and you obviously don't.

You know what genius? I don't care about your feelings anymore, so let me try once again to explain it to you in a simple way for YOU, and only YOU.

What the OP is saying is that hero bodyguards should get a buff (this means a boost in something for those with poor comprehension skills) when they are near their hero. Hence the word "proximity" in his recommendation of "some form of proximity damage boost". In NO WAY does he ever suggest that bodyguards should be nerfed (this means a decrease in something like power) if they stray too far from their hero.

You seem to think that he is saying that if a bodyguard strays too far from his hero, he should start taking damage, and I believe you're the only one here who could possibly have come to that conclusion BECAUSE THAT WOULD BE A NERF, AND NOT A BUFF which is NOT what the OP is suggesting AT ALL. He only says "buff" smart guy. He never EVER says that bodyguards should be "nerfed" in any way, for any reason. You just made up some kind of negative effect for some unknown reason.

Again, I tried to help you understand something that has already been discussed on these forums, but here you are, Mr. New Guy getting all fired up and arguing about something you don't know about with someone who does. I guess you're Mr Know-It-All, though, so go ahead and completely ignore what I'm saying and believe what you WANT to believe about what he's saying.

• DarkFlood
    582 posts Member
    What about a slow health regen when in close proximity to Palp/Leia? Nothing super quick but it would definitely make helping out your hero like a bodyguard would more viable to the lone wolf bodyguard player.
  • Anoh
    8380 posts Member
    I totally disagree with this. Honor Guards and Shock Troopers are borderline OP they don't need any buffs whatsoever.
    Editor/Cinematographer - Anoh is pronounced: AhNo.
  • Fissbomb
    25 posts Member
    I would have thought it was obvious that there was no nerf to anything. The bodyguards would remain as they are, but they would receive a buff to their damage when they remain within a certain proximity of their hero.

Nothing you can do about bad players running off, but that wouldn't leave you any worse off than you are now.
  • handcuff
    923 posts Member
    Fissbomb wrote: »
    All too often palatine/leias bodyguards just run off and go solo. I think some form of proximity damage buff would encourage team play and keep them close to their respective hero.

I like this idea, players within 5m could get the bodyguard level 3 buff
  • DarkFlood wrote: »
    What about a slow health regen when in close proximity to Palp/Leia? Nothing super quick but it would definitely make helping out your hero like a bodyguard would more viable to the lone wolf bodyguard player.

This^^. The bodyguards already output good damage. If they would slowly heal when keeping the hero safe, I think that would be a better idea. Maybe even a slight cool down reduction too on the smart rocket/homing shot.
  • Fissbomb wrote: »
    I would have thought it was obvious that there was no nerf to anything. The bodyguards would remain as they are, but they would receive a buff to their damage when they remain within a certain proximity of their hero.

Nothing you can do about bad players running off, but that wouldn't leave you any worse off than you are now.

Thank you Fissbomb. It was obvious to everyone except one clueless person who couldn't take someone else trying to explain it to him while you were gone. Everything you wrote was clear, and easily understandable.

@QUYMOBIUZ, Do you feel dumb now? You should because I told you exactly what he meant already. See... I was trying to save you from the feeling of embarrassment that I'm sure you're experiencing right now. I told you I wasn't trying to offend you, but you kept on going like a... Well I won't finish that statement. Let's just say that you chose to completely ignore everything I said as if I was a fool, and everything I was telling you was false, and only meant to humiliate you. And to top it off, you kept going, and humiliated yourself.

I'll say it again. I wasn't trying to offend you. I was merely trying to help you understand what Fissbomb was saying because it was obvious that you had a problem comprehending the post. Anyways, I hope that you're not so embarrassed that you never post again because I've seen that before, and that was never my intention.

I just have no idea why you couldn't just take my explanation. Everyone knew what he was talking about except you. I was the only one who tried to help you understand.

Oh boy. Not trying to offend you, but I think you need to brush up on your comprehension skills man.

"Secondly, if my comprehension skills are bad, than you make me look like a genius!"

First of all, "then" is the correct form of the word in that sentence, not "than". Secondly, do you still feel like a genius, Einstein? Sorry, but I'm far too irritated by you to let you off so easily. That's the last thing I'll say.
    Fissbomb wrote: »

Cheers @Fissbomb !!! Thanks for elaborating more about your post (without INSULTING me) I'm sorry we invaded your thread.

He didn't need to elaborate more about his post because everyone understood him but you! You could have just accepted my explanation. Don't you get it man? It was because of YOU that he had to come on and elaborate more.

Reread the whole thread and see how the alleged "INSULTING" began. I tried to explain to you what he meant in the third freaking post on this thread, and you replied with "WHAT!?!?", and started going off like a crazy person who thinks he knows what he's talking about when it was obvious you didn't.
  • grrlpurple
    1074 posts Member
    If I spawn as a bodyguard and the hero is not playing the objective or at least working for the benefit of the team, I'll wander off to do just that without them.
  • Jaywal
    2856 posts Member
    @LANCE_NO_PANTS @QUYMOBIUZ

Both of you need to chill out and leave this thread alone. Otherwise infractions will be sent out. Quit it.

Thanks
    May the force be with you.
  • Fissbomb
    25 posts Member
    joemccabe3 wrote: »
    DarkFlood wrote: »

This^^. The bodyguards already output good damage. If they would slowly heal when keeping the hero safe, I think that would be a better idea. Maybe even a slight cool down reduction too on the smart rocket/homing shot.

That would work just as well if not better. The buff would just be a reward for fulfilling your role, what the buff is is irrelevant really
  • DarkFlood
    582 posts Member
    Jaywal94 wrote: »
    @LANCE_NO_PANTS @QUYMOBIUZ

Both of you need to chill out and leave this thread alone. Otherwise infractions will be sent out. Quit it.

Thanks

Thank you so much. I was really looking forward to this thread and then I saw their little tea party going on. Practically ruined it. Now I just have to swim through the immature ranting to get to the actual content.
  • DarkFlood
    582 posts Member
    joemccabe3 wrote: »
    DarkFlood wrote: »

Yeah they really don't need much of anything but since they have a limit now I see a slow health regen like this would be nice especially when palp/Leia is the last alive.
  • DarkFlood
    582 posts Member
    Anoh wrote: »
    I totally disagree with this. Honor Guards and Shock Troopers are borderline OP they don't need any buffs whatsoever.

Not even a change to the homing shot? They have a limit now which I'm sure you're already aware of seeing HvV is your favorite mode and all.
    For the right person who can really change the round to get a hold of a bodyguard is slim. My use of them has went way down since the limit. Are you sure there isn't anything that could be done to encourage helping out palp/Leia since your supposed to be a bodyguard.

I just had another idea what about something like a credit boost to encourage sticking around with your hero? Doesn't affect gameplay but is definitely more incentive to help guard for those who don't have a lot of credits.
  • Fissbomb
    25 posts Member
    A faster cooldown would be useful, and I'd like to see homing shot either replaced or buffed back to a usable level