criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Have you ever been partnered with a really bad team mate?

FE3DBAK
77 posts Member
I was just partnered with the WORST. TEAMMATE. EVER.
Check it out below.

Check out our YouTube Channel www.youtube.com/BattlefrontBrothers for funny Star Wars Battlefront gameplay, tutorials, and more!

Replies

• Wolffe2100
    2041 posts Member
    Painfully familiar))
    Had a teammate that was literally afraid of everything. Whenever I appeared, he threw grenades at me and attacked me with smart rocket.
    Experience outranks everything
  • kevlegs1971
    1232 posts Member
    Wait for the ES haters.. lol

I had a team mate on Sorosub Pipeline Extraction that just stood at the edge of the map shooting the lava and rocks... If only I could have kicked him and joined another player
    My youtube channel Star Wars Battlefront, Battlefield 4 etc gameplay https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCF4zDYJfLp_rvcKzALVEXHA?view_as=subscriber
  • FE3DBAK
    77 posts Member
    Tobikun wrote: »
    FE3DBAK wrote: »
    Check it out below.

5:03 is suspicious, that is a snap lock.

are you talking about the kill inside the bunker? or the snipe? either way, this is on xbox not PC.. I haven't seen any kind of mods on SWBF on xbox like at all..
    that's not to say they don't exist, just saying.
    also, this game does have auto aim.. you can even turn it on/off in the settings.. it is annoying usually.
    Check out our YouTube Channel www.youtube.com/BattlefrontBrothers for funny Star Wars Battlefront gameplay, tutorials, and more!
  • FE3DBAK
    77 posts Member
    Wolffe2100 wrote: »
    Painfully familiar))
    Had a teammate that was literally afraid of everything. Whenever I appeared, he threw grenades at me and attacked me with smart rocket.

lol!! yeah i've had one blow himself up trying to kill me with a smart rocket haha
  • Mord-Vi
    907 posts Member
    The feeling when you spawn off your random partner, and he's literally behind the spawn line camping old uplinks. Or better yet, AFK.

Or the feels when I have a partner, check the scoreboard, see myself in 1st, and my partner in last. Oh yeah. Good times.
    --i7-5960X OC @ 4.4 Ghz--G.SKILL DDR4 16GB--SLI EVGA ACX 2.0 FTW GTX970--
  • Arco
    176 posts Member
    The guy managed to stay alive in the AT ST longer than most people.
  • Massman
    83 posts Member
    Honestly hate that this happens to me a lot, and I always try to spawn on my partner to get back to combat ASAP but they're always off and away from the objective
  • I had one today that ran away from the battle, went all the way into the back lines for no reason... probably some snot nosed 5 year old dad was letting on his computer. I wish this game has a explore map option to keep the kiddies out of games actual players are trying to win.
  • mastery0ta
    6071 posts Member
    All my partners I just whip a bacta bomb at. Unless they're camping off the map. Then they don't get ****
  • VCczar
    113 posts Member
    In fighter squadron, I routinely have 9 terrible teammates. I've had many games in which I get 35 kills or more (with 25 of those player kills) and only 3 deaths, and my team still gets destroyed. My best teammate will have something like 8 kills 7 deaths, or something. This is as Empire, of course.

However, I'm terrible at any of the first person shooter modes, basically all the rest of the modes. I'm the terrible teammate in that. I got first place once, somehow. I usually get around #14 on my team.
  • PopoTateo
    4838 posts Member
    I don't get to many bad partners. But I'm sure my partners have said that about me!
  • I play supremacy , and I get a terrible partner almost every time. In fact, the supposed "skill based matchmaking" system apparently means I get railroaded onto a team full of garbage teammates around 90% of the time. I'm not even joking.
  • PopoTateo
    4838 posts Member
    the supposed "skill based matchmaking" system apparently means I get railroaded onto a team full of garbage teammates around 90% of the time.

Perhaps you're not as skilled as you think you are?
  • PopoTateo wrote: »
    the supposed "skill based matchmaking" system apparently means I get railroaded onto a team full of garbage teammates around 90% of the time.

I honestly don't know how skilled I am. I'm 44, and I know for a fact that I'm not as good a video game player as I was in say my 20's or even 30's. It's just mother nature. We all slow down with age. I think you're just thumping your chest and taking an underhanded shot at a total stranger.

All I know is that I have tons of experience, and I know how to win supremacy games. I put "skill based matchmaking" in quotes because that is what DICE referred to it as. I actually think it takes experience into account which is why I think I get railroaded onto bad teams at such a high rate. Nowhere did I say I was skilled. I'm not here to brag.

I think you should take some time to think before you post underhanded insults like this for thousands of people to see. If you can't, then maybe you should probably shut up completely because if you post something dumb, I will make you look dumb in front of those same thousands of people.
  • thestarwarsfan
    1459 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Partnered with a bad team mate? Sure. But with good as well. The problem with this random two buddies selection is, that players get into a team who have a 100% different play style. For instance an objective player and a pilot or sniper and an AT-ST pilot.
    4oEtTHz.png
  • PopoTateo
    4838 posts Member
    PopoTateo wrote: »

I honestly don't know how skilled I am. I'm 44, and I know for a fact that I'm not as good a video game player as I was in say my 20's or even 30's. It's just mother nature. We all slow down with age. I think you're just thumping your chest and taking an underhanded shot at a total stranger.

All I know is that I have tons of experience, and I know how to win supremacy games. I put "skill based matchmaking" in quotes because that is what DICE referred to it as. I actually think it takes experience into account which is why I think I get railroaded onto bad teams at such a high rate. Nowhere did I say I was skilled. I'm not here to brag.

I think you should take some time to think before you post underhanded insults like this for thousands of people to see. If you can't, then maybe you should probably shut up completely because if you post something dumb, I will make you look dumb in front of those same thousands of people.

lol. If you choose to to take everything personally then thats on you. It was a tongue in cheek comment.
    Chest thumping? lol don't be a tool, I'm about as good at this game as a new born monkey.
    If you really took that comment as an insult against you, then i apologise for the comment. However if you think you can make me look dumb, go ahead. Im as dumb as they come already!
  • Blazur
    4468 posts Member
    At the start of a supremacy match on survivors of endor my partner climbed the ewok village to find a sniper vantage point. It took me a few times of spawning on him to realize what he was doing. For half of the game he had no line of sight on any enemies since they all were behind the mountain. Chances are he was going for a targeting rifle streak, but only ended up going like 3-1 at the end of the game.
    The greatest teacher, failure is.
  • swaza79
    778 posts Member
    @Blazur I've spawned on a partner up there and they were pointing the wrong way trying to snipe out of bounds. I tried to get their attention with a couple of friendly shots to the back side and they got angry and started to try and melee me until they fell off the walkway :lol:
  • Blazur
    4468 posts Member
    swaza79 wrote: »
    @Blazur I've spawned on a partner up there and they were pointing the wrong way trying to snipe out of bounds. I tried to get their attention with a couple of friendly shots to the back side and they got angry and started to try and melee me until they fell off the walkway :lol:

LOL. Sniping partners are the worst, especially when you're the type of player that likes to PTFO.
    The greatest teacher, failure is.
  • swaza79
    778 posts Member
    Blazur wrote: »

LOL. Sniping partners are the worst, especially when you're the type of player that likes to PTFO.

It's bad to spawn up there if you don't have a jump pack too lol
  • PopoTateo wrote: »
    PopoTateo wrote: »

lol. If you choose to to take everything personally then thats on you. It was a tongue in cheek comment.
    Chest thumping? lol don't be a tool, I'm about as good at this game as a new born monkey.
    If you really took that comment as an insult against you, then i apologise for the comment. However if you think you can make me look dumb, go ahead. Im as dumb as they come already!

I admit that I took a bit of offense to your comment because I only said that I constantly get railroaded onto bad teams. Your comment of "Maybe you're not as skilled as you think" gives the impression that you think I said that because I lose a lot, which is kind of insulting. I never said that I lose a lot though. :wink:

I probably went a little too far with my reaction, though, because I was a little offended. I apologize for that.
  • WodiQuix
    4506 posts Member
    Blazur wrote: »

Yes, completely. It sucks when you spawn with them from a really, really high vantage point (like how did you get up here in the first place high) and you have to figure out how to get down without killing yourself and hoof it all the way to the objective!
  • handcuff
    923 posts Member
    Never heard of a padawan?

I could not care less if my partner is "any good". All I use them for is respawning right in the thick of things, and I always look first.
  • Assassino37
    1104 posts Member
    Yes but I also have been partnered with great teammates. But honestly, I don't pay attention because it simply doesn't matter either way. All they are is an extra spawn point when they are in a safe position.

The only exception is if you are in a group and teamed with a friend, then it's useful to stay and run together.
    Valid Token Confirmed.

fyq20437essy.png
  • DaBeast
    1189 posts Member
    My partner was way in the back of Sorosub Centroplex on the really high landing pad or whatever it is
  • thero
    89 posts Member
    I love when my partner is a sniper way up somewhere, or is "exploring the maps" going in the wrong direction. I once had a partner as Vader on Endor and he literally walked off into the woods.
  • DO2L
    129 posts Member
    I usually get paired with someone who hangs out at the back of the map trying to snipe.
  • A few thoughts:
    1. In general, I could care less about the skill level of my partner. Rarely have I thought "Man, that guy really had my back and saved me from the (fill in the blank)!" As others have mentioned: I generally only view them as another spawn opportunity to get me back near the action more quickly.
    2. I had a partner get himself stuck in the 'engine' location of the downed Cruiser on Jakku. I mean stuck. No way out unless you kill yourself. I spawned into the same location so both of us were stuck. Just a little quiet one-on-one time for the two of us. I think I ended up firing my pulse cannon into the wall next to get me out of there. Then I got back on the battlefield for a while. Then I died again and - by default - quickly tapped 'partner spawn' and.....there I was stuck with him again. He was still there. LOL. I bailed again and never saw him after that.
    3. On rare occasions as Imperial on WA I will spy on the mini-map a red blip way behind our lines - meaning someone has snuck behind us. It gives me great pleasure to hunt them down (since they don't see my coming with Scout). But I have to imagine that once or twice a partner has spawned on me and wondered what the heck I was doing running away from the battle.
  • Zach
    545 posts Member
    FE3DBAK wrote: »
    Check it out below.

Wow you're lucky, 5-2 and was at least relatively close to the action the entire time for partner spawn. Im going to start recording my partner experiences so I can show you guys what a terrible partner really looks like
  • briandt75
    5610 posts Member
    There's a bad teammate on every single team. Sometime's it's me, sometimes it's you. This is an asinine post.
    41st Forum Fury Battalion Member
  • Folkb
    322 posts Member
    Not everyone is good and some players are new so I wouldn't call any of my partners bad.

Except for the sniper ones who are wayyyyy in the back.
  • During walker assault on endor everyone was running for an AT-ST pick up and my partner got on a speeder bike, drove full speed at me, jumped off just before it got to me and it killed me, he then got the pick up I was a metre away from!

Ive also had partners partner start when I'm inches away from a hero pickup and get it before me

Usually I always seem to end up with a partner that is constantly dying
  • WodiQuix
    4506 posts Member
    I completely forgot you could look to see where your partner is in the map. I guess I'm just so eager to get back into battle that I needlessly spawn on my partner. Could avoid a lot of needless deaths in the future too!
  • kevlegs1971
    1232 posts Member
    I hate getting partnered to a whole useless team.... grrrr
    My youtube channel Star Wars Battlefront, Battlefield 4 etc gameplay https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCF4zDYJfLp_rvcKzALVEXHA?view_as=subscriber
  • Being partnered with the nimrod who gets to a spot in the heavens, miles from the action shooting spawns etc I've slid grenades in my butt and blown my self to peices rather than figuring out how to get back to the action with no jump pack carrying a pistol and 2 nades :-)
  • 3. On rare occasions as Imperial on WA I will spy on the mini-map a red blip way behind our lines - meaning someone has snuck behind us. It gives me great pleasure to hunt them down (since they don't see my coming with Scout). But I have to imagine that once or twice a partner has spawned on me and wondered what the heck I was doing running away from the battle.

Gonna quote myself here due to an interesting event in last night's WA on Sullust:

Just as the 2nd Y-wing bombing run has ended (I'm on Imperials) and the gameplay is starting to push towards the third uplinks, I see 'Red' on the mini-map behind the Imp spawn point - which is already miles behind the battle lines. I set off backwards on a hunting mission and passing a few spawning Imps on my way. I keep seeing the red but even with a few jump packs I still have not stumbled upon this yahoo. They are FAR back.

Finally I get to the original Imp hangar at the top of the hill. And there's two of them! Lord knows what the two of them were doing up there. Didn't matter, however. I wasted both of them. I bet they were surprised to see me :D

Then I had to run ALL the way back to the battle. Man, it was worth it.
  • I only get irritated if I try and respawn on partner to save some running, and they are Boba Fett camping on top of the GR-75 transport in Extraction the whole 3rd checkpoint. I have a hard time not clicking "triangle". Then......%^&** we're up on the transport again.
  • Never cared about my partner, most of the time they are most an annoying than an aid. Usually if you get unnoticed an get a good place, some **** guy respawn in your position and start firing with a pistol literally screaming "We are here, shot at your pleasure". Or start firing and throwing nades to radom places. I never respawn with my partner and i expect he does the same.

Only one time (in 350 hours of play!) i had a good partner. I was snipping and the guy stays with me all the time with an automatic rifle and saved me 3 or 4 times of people who get too close. Whoever you are i salute you.
    Supporter of offline multiplayer! #soloplayersmatter
  • WodiQuix
    4506 posts Member
    Folkb wrote: »
    Not everyone is good and some players are new so I wouldn't call any of my partners bad.

Except for the sniper ones who are wayyyyy in the back.

True statement!