criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar

Rumor on new update

Wallofman
1195 posts Member
I just watched a you tube video about rumors for the new content. It sounds like the cry babies won! Instead of being better players as Heros, it will now be harder to kill a Hero with the PC and ES. So for all of you that cried, you got your wish. Now you can Hero camp and go on those long kill streaks even when you keep yourself out in the open. No need to refine your playing skills!

Replies

• Anoh
    8380 posts Member
    Mhhh, have you tried the missions Wallofman ?
    Editor/Cinematographer - Anoh is pronounced: AhNo.
  • briandt75
    5610 posts Member
    Anoh wrote: »
    Mhhh, have you tried the missions Wallofman ?

Haha. Nicely done.
    41st Forum Fury Battalion Member
  • Wallofman
    1195 posts Member
    what does that have to do with my comment?
  • oh no, you can't kill heroes in three hits from across the map anymore!
    "The force is strong with this one."
  • Jaywal
    2856 posts Member
    I feel that this was a good idea. (If it becomes true)

Heroes should feel like heroes. IMO
    May the force be with you.
  • Wallofman
    1195 posts Member
    Billiam301 wrote: »
    oh no, you can't kill heroes in three hits from across the map anymore!

If someone stood still long enough to get hit 3 times, especially since it takes a few seconds to fully charge a PC, then you deserve to die. As a Hero you should never be still, or exposed, long enough to take more than a couple of hits at a time.
  • briandt75
    5610 posts Member
    Jaywal wrote: »

100%
  • Tyjames
    807 posts Member
    Wallofman wrote: »
    what does that have to do with my comment?
    It's an inside joke. Basically the standard response from EA when we ask for something.

So really it has nothing to do with your thread.
  • Jaywal wrote: »

I agree - 4 pulse cannon shots can kill a hero - sometimes 3 with someone like greedo
    Explosive shot also wrecks vader and luke at range even when they are blocking - make heroes last longer than a few minutes
    HueHueHueHue
  • briandt75
    5610 posts Member

I agree - 4 pulse cannon shots can kill a hero - sometimes 3 with someone like greedo
    Explosive shot also wrecks vader and luke at range even when they are blocking - make heroes last longer than a few minutes

+1
  • Anoh
    8380 posts Member
    Billiam301 wrote: »
    oh no, you can't kill heroes in three hits from across the map anymore!

:joy:
  • Aw man! I can't kill a hero with 3 hits. How horrible.
  • Lol if you don't think its a problem go play hero hunt. Show us how good you are at avoiding pulse cannon and explosive shot then
  • DarkFlood
    582 posts Member
    I personally love taking on a hero in the big game modes with nothing that can kill him extremely fast. Often times throwing myself at him 3-5 times and getting the kill through flanking ect.. Very satisfying and a great time. No reason for over powered weapons taking out heroes extremely quick.
  • Anoh
    8380 posts Member
    DarkFlood wrote: »
    I personally love taking on a hero in the big game modes with nothing that can kill him extremely fast. Often times throwing myself at him 3-5 times and getting the kill through flanking ect.. Very satisfying and a great time. No reason for over powered weapons taking out heroes extremely quick.

This guy right here be inspired ES and Pulse Cannon users!
  • ThirdDegreePun
    1992 posts Member
    edited June 2016

I find it very satisfying to hunt a Hero with a Shock blaster, a couple of shots in the back is usually enough to get them close to defeat, by the time they've turned around you can usually finish them, or at least go down feeling evil. The shock blaster is ridiculously effective if you're sneaky enough! Try pairing it with the hated explosive shot for 100% more Shock or with Focus Fire for Triple Distance Shock!

DLT19X works well too with similar sneakiness but more distance. This is how I respond to Vader Spam when I'm sick of them hiding in caves and corridors.
  • Anoh
    8380 posts Member

I find it very satisfying to hunt a Hero with a Shock blaster, a couple of shots in the back is usually enough to get them close to defeat, by the time they've turned around you can usually finish them, or at least go down feeling evil. The shock blaster is ridiculously effective if you're sneaky enough! Try pairing it with the hated explosive shot for 100% more Shock or with Focus Fire for Triple Distance Shock!

DLT19X works well too with similar sneakiness but more distance. This is how I respond to Vader Spam when I'm sick of them hiding in caves and corridors.

I can tolerate Explosive Shot for the T-21, Relby, DLT-19X however !
  • Mcap
    873 posts Member

Sort of? The fact that defeating a hero just means another hero will be around 10 seconds later kind of makes it a moot point.

I think it's better to have the heroes spread out among multiple players in a match rather than so powerful a single person can run the hero game the entire round. I already can as it is. Making them more powerful will be a bit dominating.

If hero tokens were given out more sparingly, I'd agree with you. But they flow like water. At least on the big maps.